Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC MotM?

22. Mignolet
      (0%)
      19. Manquillo
      (0%)
      37. Skrtel
      (0%)
      6. Lovren
      (2%)
      18. Moreno
      (5%)
      8. Gerrard
      (11.9%)
      14. Henderson
      (5%)
      20. Lallana
      (68.3%)
      50. Markovic
      (0%)
      31. Sterling
      (5.9%)
      45. Balotelli
      (1%)
      10. Coutinho
      (1%)
      9. Lambert
      (0%)
      Other...
      (0%)

Liverpool 1-1 Everton: In-game & post-match "..."

Read 33691 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Everton: In-game & post-match "..."
      Reply #276: Sep 27, 2014 04:12:08 pm
      Us not getting a world class DM is coming back to haunt us, if that DM was there it could have prevented that equaliser. I'm not sure what BR saw in Markovic, he continues to churn out rubbish after rubbish and he still gets to play. Someone gotto shake him up and make sure he ends his honeymoon soon and realises that he plays for Liverpool Football Club starts to deliver and stop acting as if he's Hollywood star, we want no movie starts on the field but players with full commitment and with substance.

Anyway, I never rated Markovic in the first place, he's the total opposite of Lallana.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,197 posts | 4406 
      Reply #277: Sep 27, 2014 04:16:41 pm
      Us not getting a world class DM is coming back to haunt us, if that DM was there it could have prevented that equaliser. I'm not sure what BR saw in Markovic, he continues to churn out rubbish after rubbish and he still gets to play. Someone gotto shake him up and make sure he ends his honeymoon soon and realises that he plays for Liverpool Football Club starts to deliver and stop acting as if he's Hollywood star, we want no movie starts on the field but players with full commitment and with substance.

Anyway, I never rated Markovic in the first place, he's the total opposite of Lallana.

He is a 20yr old starting his third game in a new country, team give him a break it will take time, remember Raheem at the beginning of last season!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #278: Sep 27, 2014 04:25:06 pm
      He is a 20yr old starting his third game in a new country, team give him a break it will take time, remember Raheem at the beginning of last season!!

Some people eh? Some f**king people.

As you said he's 20 years old, he's come from Portugal to England and will need to take a good time, perhaps a season but there's no doubting that he has the capacity, given the right coaching, to develop into a fantastic player.

Those writing him off this early on in his career, let alone his Liverpool career, need to have their heads examined.
      cmzf3110
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #279: Sep 27, 2014 04:44:51 pm
      Balotelli is no SUAREZ , on a bad day for SUAREZ he would leave with a (7)  he would create for others or one moment of brilliance for sure.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #280: Sep 27, 2014 04:55:16 pm
      Balotelli is no SUAREZ , on a bad day for SUAREZ he would leave with a (7)  he would create for others or one moment of brilliance for sure.

Why do people capitalise "Suarez", or even other players? I don't see the point.

We see what you're trying to get across without you highlighting the players' names countless times. Stop it please.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,308 posts | 768 
      Reply #281: Sep 27, 2014 05:01:10 pm
      Managed to go to the game, very disappointing ending, thought we where robbed after controlling the game. Really need Sturridge back in the side, to put the ball in the back of the net.
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #282: Sep 27, 2014 05:01:21 pm
      Balotelli was the subject of a lot of provocation, thought he did well not reacting. It's gonna click one day soon.

I agree I was really worried they'd get him sent off. Maybe that was part of the problem with him today, he was too intent on not losing his cool.
      The media would have had a field day if he'd been sent off today.
      I am sure it will click, I just find him frustrating at the moment.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #283: Sep 27, 2014 05:05:23 pm
      I agree I was really worried they'd get him sent off. Maybe that was part of the problem with him today, he was too intent on not losing his cool.
      The media would have had a field day if he'd been sent off today.
      I am sure it will click, I just find him frustrating at the moment.

He looks much better when he has a strike partner and the pressure is off him.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #284: Sep 27, 2014 05:06:59 pm
      Balotelli should focus on playing well and scoring goals, not on some fooking haircut.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #285: Sep 27, 2014 05:09:19 pm

Unfortunately, time is not on our side, we're slowly drifting away from top four. Sorry to say this, but I hope he doesn't turn out to be another one like the rubbish Aquilani, plenty of movement and dribble on the ball but too light weigh with no end results.
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #286: Sep 27, 2014 05:12:22 pm
      I don't care if he decides to have Fellaini's hair and I don't think that this is distracting him. He can do whatever he wants to do outside of the pitch if he's playing good matches. Today, I felt he was good on the second half, altough he missed the winner. Hope he improves when Stu returns.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #287: Sep 27, 2014 05:18:14 pm
      Balotelli should focus on playing well and scoring goals, not on some fooking haircut.

As long as he does enough in training to satisfy Brendan and apply himself as instructed in the match he should be free to do whatever he likes, within reason, in his free time.

Calling Brendan a c**t and now having a pop at Balotelli over a hair cut, you're not exactly covering yourself in glory in this match thread George.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #288: Sep 27, 2014 05:19:01 pm
      We played well and deserved the win but after 2 defeats, anything other than a win wasn't good enough today. A draw is okay but we really needed the extra points.

Defensively we were better however without Sturridge (Or Suarez) we were toothless and only had 2 shots on target the entire game.

Sturridge's return is vital for our goals but he can't be replied on solely. Injuries will play there part and we need more goals from the rest of the team.

Great freekick from Stevie and what a goal to equalise.

Disappointing result though, we really need to bag some wins or that top 4 will start pulling a gab.

No one had a bad game other than Markovic IMO. Coutinho made a big difference.

Lallana MOTM
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,021 posts | 3955 
      Reply #289: Sep 27, 2014 05:19:15 pm

Will you stop posting F***ing sh*te.
      jonny888
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #290: Sep 27, 2014 05:19:21 pm
      So gutted.

I have still have no idea why we reverted from keeping the ball to just standing off them in the last 5 minutes.

At least we have Basel game to look forward to now...

Agree. Remember being 0-3 up against Palace last season (or course we do).

What makes the team suddenly go into arrogant "lets just sit back and soak up the pressure" mode when ahead?

I don't know but we need the killer instinct. 

Balotelli is beginning to get the pace of the game again, and will come good believe me.

We need to accept that last season was something ahead of progress and finishing 3rd or 4th this season should be the target.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #291: Sep 27, 2014 05:21:58 pm
      Baffled me too, I thought he was awful midweek with Suso offering more in ten minutes than our new signing managed in 70. Fingers crossed that was just a warmup and today he will show a bit more.

I can't imagine either team is filled with much confidence going Into this one but it is a great opportunity to kick start our season with a much needed win.

Gutted no Studge but no point in rushing him back as it's a long season. Lallana the key player for me today.

Get an early goal today lads and get the fans going.

Baffles me too, but some people here still feel that he must be given more time when he under performed game after game and we continue to drift towards the wrong end of the table. Age and new to a foreign land  for not performing are lame excuses, he's a Serbian international for goodness sake, he has simply underperformed.

A simple question for everyone, do you think Markovic is good enough to withstand against the physical EPL teams?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4939 
      Reply #292: Sep 27, 2014 05:22:54 pm

Aye.

Because the hair cut is really on his mind 24/7.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,021 posts | 3955 
      Reply #293: Sep 27, 2014 05:28:10 pm
      Ian Rush drew the short straw with the seating arrangements being adjacent to Roy Hodgson as he was.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #294: Sep 27, 2014 05:34:45 pm
      After last season I was really looking forward to this one but so far it's has been shitt. The feeling of looking forward to every our game, then being devastated watching us play shiite. It's really heart wrenching. Pretty sure it's like this for majority of us here, so I'm not alone.

Not easy being a Liverpool supporter these days. Anyway bring on the next game. Ynwa
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #295: Sep 27, 2014 05:37:08 pm
      There's simply not enough regular goal scorers in the team, which is why Sturridge is badly missed. We should have won that game 3-0.

Balotelli isn't a clinical striker. Lallana won't score many goals and he won't play many killer passes for others to score. Markovich needs time to settle but is no threat whatsoever so far. Sterling is missing the movement of Sturridge and Suarez in front of him. Henderson isn't getting goals from midfield. Coutinho is also missing Sturridge and Suarez's runs.

Borini and Lambert are pretty useless back up strikers at this level. Both lower mid-table strikers. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #296: Sep 27, 2014 05:38:37 pm
      Really don't get why we put Lambert on. If he is going to take off Balo at that stage then put somebody defensive minded on to close out the win.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #297: Sep 27, 2014 05:40:06 pm
      Ian Rush drew the short straw with the seating arrangements being adjacent to Roy Hodgson as he was.

Thought the same Stu ;D at one point the camera went on them and the owl was talking to Rushy and it was like he'd been sat next to a c**t at a wedding.

As for the match, I'm going to divert from the thread theme (even though I haven't read it but I can imagine) and say that I think the lads done well today, we well deserved the win and apart from a never to be seen again goal from jagielka we would've won. I think we have to give mention to the defence today (back 4) and say they were solid for the majority of the match.

I predicted a draw and fully expected one given the fact that if someone give us a goal from open play we'd give it back and on derby day they'd get a spawny goal, little did I know it'd end up being a pearler.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #298: Sep 27, 2014 05:41:33 pm
      Barry could and should have also been sent off 3 or 4 times in that first half, clear cut penalty but nooooo, ref bottled it.

Quick Reply