Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. UPDATE: 6th April - Will we get top 4?

No
      115 (75.2%)
      Yes
      38 (24.8%)

Total Members Voted: 150

The Top 4. Can we get there?

Read 125424 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Re: The Top 4. Can we get there?
      Reply #460: Dec 22, 2014 11:46:21 pm
      Need something to go for us pretty soon because we're close to the brink IMO. Playing some decent stuff in the last few games but we are still without a win in 3 in the league and that won't do for much longer. Need some luck maybe with a dodgy pen or red card in a game we are struggling in (we're due a couple after the United and Arsenal games) or possibly a midfielder to step up with some goals in the next few games until Sturridge is back (like Meireles did at the start of Kenny's spell in charge).

Win 5 of the next 6 and it's still very much alive, will be very difficult though.
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #461: Dec 23, 2014 12:51:30 am
      Atm we have 22 points of 17 games. That 1,3 per match. 70 points will be enough for 4th place I think. To get that, we need 8 wins in a row and then we need to get 1,8 points a match. Or LFC needs to get 11-12 points from every 5 matches to get 70 points.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #462: Dec 23, 2014 07:38:11 am
      70 points means we need to win 16 out of our remaining 21 EPL fixtures. A pretty hard task if you'd ask me.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #463: Dec 23, 2014 11:08:08 am
      I still don't think we'll get there, evidently we would be comfortably the lowest team (in terms of points total) at Christmas to get into the top 4 since the spot offered qualification. It would take a hell of a run. Win the next four on the bounce and maybe things will look a little different mind.

The lowest was Arsenal in 05/06 season with 67 points. However, at this stage of that season, they had 33 points. Currently they have 27 points. 3rd place United only has 32 points so I think it's safe to say that short of an extraordinary second half of the season for everyone, we're on course for a new low points record for 4th place. With this in mind, if we can put together a run, we have a chance.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #464: Dec 23, 2014 11:12:12 am
      The lowest was Arsenal in 05/06 season with 67 points. However, at this stage of that season, they had 33 points. Currently they have 27 points. 3rd place United only has 32 points so I think it's safe to say that short of an extraordinary second half of the season for everyone, we're on course for a new low points record for 4th place. With this in mind, if we can put together a run, we have a chance.

A glimmer.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #465: Dec 23, 2014 11:37:00 am

Good post mate.. Puts it in context that the magical historical number that keeps getting mentioned by some as what we have to get to, it seems that to get there won't take that figure this year.

A glimmer is still hope.. And something that we still have in our hands to turn our own form around.

Where would we be in life without hope and something to aim for

Why can't we all just get behind the football club?

I get the frustration but why constant negativity? What happened to belief and support? Is it to tell everyone you are right of we don't make it?

You need to shake yourself out of the negative mindset as life can't be much fun with a black cloud in front of your eyes all the time and seeing everything negative, not enjoying something that's here to entertain you.

For me we have to fully support the manager until the summer at least, forget everything that's happened this season so far, clean sheet, fresh start and if we miss out on the top 4 then we re visit it then. It seriously can't be much fun hating everything about it now can it? I'd hate to be so negative all the time, I think if give up if I was so negative.

We all know the season so far has been poor..

For me we have to be together has a whole club, judge again in the summer because that's the best time to make a change if needed.. I'm happy to place Brendan with his fair share of the blame to do with transfers, I think he has seen in recent weeks that some don't suit our best system, if he didn't see it before he does now and if he goes back to what doesn't work I'll be the first on him tactically.

4th is still attainable.. I saw you say earlier about the next two are must win.. I utterly agree.. I just think we need to all pull in the same direction.. The constant character assassination of the manager isn't helping anyone and if anything is pulling the fan base apart

Brendan for me has 6 months to secure his job.. In his hands, if he fails then we look again.. I just simply don't get how slagging him off will help. Do I like him as much as the managers I've witnessed in my time? Bob, Joe, Kenny, Rafa, Evo.. No I don't personally.. Even Souey who struggled I respected too much to do anything but have ultimate respect for.. Bloody hell even f**king Woy who I never wanted I didn't slag off and snip at like you do with Brendan.. He is manager and not doing a bad enough job to get some of the sh*te he gets.  I get you're frustrated, I get you don't really like him.. But I don't get why you don't put that to one side until the summer, cause he isn't going anywhere til at least then.

Can we get 4th still? F**k me I won't stop thinking we can't until it's completely apparent we can't, this season had been a poor one for us, Arsenal, Spurs and Utd are f**king blagging it.. If we believe, if we stay together, if the players believe then yes we can put that first half of the season behind us. If we don't then we probably should think about a fresh start.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #466: Dec 23, 2014 11:38:13 am
      We'll get there. 8/1 on Bet365 if you fancy it, it's worth a tenner.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #467: Dec 23, 2014 12:14:41 pm

A glimmer is still hope.. And something that we still have in our hands to turn our own form around.

Where would we be in life without hope and something to aim for

Why can't we all just get behind the football club?

I get the frustration but why constant negativity? What happened to belief and support? Is it to tell everyone you are right of we don't make it?

You need to shake yourself out of the negative mindset as life can't be much fun with a black cloud in front of your eyes all the time and seeing everything negative, not enjoying something that's here to entertain you.

For me we have to fully support the manager until the summer at least, forget everything that's happened this season so far, clean sheet, fresh start and if we miss out on the top 4 then we re visit it then. It seriously can't be much fun hating everything about it now can it? I'd hate to be so negative all the time, I think if give up if I was so negative.

We all know the season so far has been poor..

For me we have to be together has a whole club, judge again in the summer because that's the best time to make a change if needed.. I'm happy to place Brendan with his fair share of the blame to do with transfers, I think he has seen in recent weeks that some don't suit our best system, if he didn't see it before he does now and if he goes back to what doesn't work I'll be the first on him tactically.

4th is still attainable.. I saw you say earlier about the next two are must win.. I utterly agree.. I just think we need to all pull in the same direction.. The constant character assassination of the manager isn't helping anyone and if anything is pulling the fan base apart

Brendan for me has 6 months to secure his job.. In his hands, if he fails then we look again.. I just simply don't get how slagging him off will help. Do I like him as much as the managers I've witnessed in my time? Bob, Joe, Kenny, Rafa, Evo.. No I don't personally.. Even Souey who struggled I respected too much to do anything but have ultimate respect for.. Bloody hell even f**king Woy who I never wanted I didn't slag off and snip at like you do with Brendan.. He is manager and not doing a bad enough job to get some of the sh*te he gets.  I get you're frustrated, I get you don't really like him.. But I don't get why you don't put that to one side until the summer, cause he isn't going anywhere til at least then.

Can we get 4th still? F**k me I won't stop thinking we can't until it's completely apparent we can't, this season had been a poor one for us, Arsenal, Spurs and Utd are f**king blagging it.. If we believe, if we stay together, if the players believe then yes we can put that first half of the season behind us. If we don't then we probably should think about a fresh start.

Dont know if you are speaking generally or in response to my quote.
      Whatever.
      You said yould put me on ignore PD. Nice PM.

Me Personally?

As quite a few amazing supportive people on this forum know ... there was a strong possibility I wouldn't be around at this time ... so don't lecture me on positivity.
      I am the most positive person eating up life as much as I can.
      Life. Its finite. Dont want to scare you.

Theres no black cloud.
      Im someone who has spent over 52 years supporting this club and now watching the slow decay of who we are.
      If I want to attack that decay and what I think to be the cause then I am entitled to do so.
      I could go do something else.
      I really don't need to do this.

I want to because I have experienced success, failure, hope, comedy and tragedy in my support of Liverpool Football Club.

All the records being are broken for the wrong reasons.
      Worst start in 50 years.
      Win Ratios  blah blah blah .........whats the point?
      25 new players and what?
      Millions spent.
      Take the needle off the record. Its all been said

The engines is knocking. Its not right. Do you keep driving?
      Just keep on walking blindly along ........ its going to be allright.

You have your take and I have mine.
      I walk on with hope in my heart ..... or a glimmer.

Next two games. Six points.
      Take it from there.

Currently 42 people say no to 4th   /    9 say yes.
      Don't we want to do something about it ?

If you continue to do the things you are doing .... you are going to continue to get the results you are getting.
      Nothing changes.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #468: Dec 23, 2014 12:34:45 pm
      Dont know if you are speaking generally or in response to my quote.
      Whatever.
      You said yould put me on ignore PD. Nice PM.

Me Personally?

As quite a few amazing supportive people on this forum know ... there was a strong possibility I wouldn't be around at this time ... so don't lecture me on positivity.
      I am the most positive person eating up life as much as I can.
      Life. Its finite. Dont want to scare you.

Theres no black cloud.
      Im someone who has spent over 52 years supporting this club and now watching the slow decay of who we are.
      If I want to attack that decay and what I think to be the cause then I am entitled to do so.
      I could go do something else.
      I really don't need to do this.

I want to because I have experienced success, failure, hope, comedy and tragedy in my support of Liverpool Football Club.

All the records being are broken for the wrong reasons.
      Worst start in 50 years.
      Win Ratios  blah blah blah .........whats the point?
      25 new players and what?
      Millions spent.
      Take the needle off the record. Its all been said

The engines is knocking. Its not right. Do you keep driving?
      Just keep on walking blindly along ........ its going to be allright.

You have your take and I have mine.
      I walk on with hope in my heart ..... or a glimmer.

Take it from there.

Currently 42 people say no to 4th   /    9 say yes.
      Don't we want to do something about it ?

If you continue to do the things you are doing .... you are going to continue to get the results you are getting.
      Nothing changes.

I didn't say of put you on ignore, I said I didnt want to get in to petty arguments on threads.

And I know all about your battle, as I've said in those threads that I was made up for you and that news like yours puts everything into perspective, simply the best type of news there is.. As we have spoken about in pm's.. So please don't try to paint me like I don't care or haven't made it clear to you simply how pleased I am for you.

Look we have opposite views on how we see support, it doesn't matter that you have 50 + years supporting the club or that I have 30+, it's irrelevant.. I just don't see the point for complete negativity, you do, fine.. Let's agree to disagree completely then..

One thing I know is that we want the same ultimate goal

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #469: Dec 23, 2014 12:41:31 pm

A glimmer is more than we had four games ago.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #470: Dec 23, 2014 12:54:50 pm

One thing I know is that we want the same ultimate goal

There you go then .......

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #471: Dec 30, 2014 12:49:32 pm
      Leicester, Sunderland, Villa and West Ham.... 10+ points and this league could look a whole lot better.

In that time, Spuds have Chelsea, Southampton have Arsenal and United, City have Arsenal and Chelsea....

Definitely a massive period. Still dont think we can get 4th BUT if we can capitalise on this period, things will look a whole lot better for us.

Play like we did yesterday and we can smash them.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #472: Dec 30, 2014 12:52:15 pm

Take it from there.

Done.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #473: Dec 30, 2014 01:15:18 pm
      We were 8/1 a few days ago for the top four and I said then to get on. We're 6/1 now and still worth a bet IMHO. We have to finish above Arsenal to get in.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #474: Dec 30, 2014 01:32:53 pm
      Results need to go our way this week BUT that's not out of the realms of possibility. We need to beat Leicester, Chelsea beat Spurs, Arsenal draw with Southampton and we'd then move up the table whilst being just 3 points behind 4th.

We need to keep playing this way though, can't go back to playing that boring sh*te we did at the start of the season.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #475: Dec 30, 2014 02:48:54 pm
      I do think we can still get there. In terms of form, our form has actually improved somewhat, whereas I don't see that same improvement in United, Arsenal and Spurs, with all three teams still looking as susceptible as they did earlier in the season. The only difference is they managed to scrap more results than we did in the first half of the season.

If we get on a role, start winning a few matches on the bounce, and get Sturridge 100 percent fit, we'll get there. Gotta build off last night.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #476: Dec 30, 2014 02:53:47 pm
      We were 8/1 a few days ago for the top four and I said then to get on. We're 6/1 now and still worth a bet IMHO. We have to finish above Arsenal to get in.
      I posted some time back that i believed Arsenal were as sh*te as ourselves , going by our current form i believe we will pip Arsenal to 4th with the right signings and a good run of wins .

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #477: Dec 30, 2014 03:41:17 pm
      I know its past, but Arsenal will be very hard to take their top 4 spot. 16 seasons.... They will kick into gear, hopefully like us. Would prefer to replace the mancs and think its more probable if we were to get Top 4.

Could come down to the head to heads of the top 4.... hopefully we do better in the 2nd games.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #478: Dec 30, 2014 04:15:06 pm
      I'm really surprised (and have been for a bit TBF) that people talk about there being a "glimmer" of hope. We're about five points off with half a season to go. I'm not saying it'll be easy or anything, but we're right in there with a shout IMHO.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #479: Dec 30, 2014 04:56:12 pm
      Just saw some stats and now can't locate the source!! That since we have moved to the 343 formation our form has been top 3 rather than the previous mid table form.
      Food for thought maybe we have turned the corner.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 970 
      Reply #480: Dec 30, 2014 05:36:32 pm
      Just saw some stats and now can't locate the source!! That since we have moved to the 343 formation our form has been top 3 rather than the previous mid table form.
      Food for thought maybe we have turned the corner.

I said after the game against the scum that it was our best performance all season. Got quite a bit of stick from a few people for it too :)   At this point though, it can't really be argued that we are playing much better footie with the new formation/system. It just took us a few games to start applying an end product to our attacking moves, but we seem to be firing on all cylinders once again and long may it continue!!
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #481: Dec 30, 2014 06:06:16 pm
      Course we can get there i fully expect us to.
      5 points from 4th with half the season to go.
      Piece of piss..
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #482: Dec 30, 2014 08:09:08 pm
      Gas to see how the poll has changed. We are a fickle bunch.

Quick Reply