Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match vs Basel (once again if possible)

Simon Mignolet
      4 (6.8%)
      Javi Manquillo
      5 (8.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      5 (8.5%)
      Jose Enrique
      4 (6.8%)
      Steven Gerrard (c)
      4 (6.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (5.1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      8 (13.6%)
      Lazar Markovic
      2 (3.4%)
      Raheem Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Mario Balotelli
      7 (11.9%)
      Adam Lallana (sub)
      16 (27.1%)
      Rickie Lambert (sub)
      1 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Oct 04, 2014 09:48:13 pm

Basel 1 - 0 Liverpool: In Game & Post Game Wonderings (again).

Read 29704 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Re: Basel 1 - 0 Liverpool: In Game & Post Game Wonderings (again).
      Reply #414: Oct 01, 2014 09:58:39 pm
      Oh sweet jesus mate. Sorry but f**k me did you just use him not reacting to opposition taunts as a plus? I like most your posts mate and respect you.... He did no play well. He is a striker, no assists, no shots on target bar 1 40yard shot. No clear cut chances. No NOTHING.

Well there you go no clear cut chances? What opportunities were created for him?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #415: Oct 01, 2014 09:58:57 pm
      We where absolutely F***ing atrocious tonight. You'd expect us to get better but we're going from bad to worse to outright embarassing. Balotelli isn't working and through no fault of his own. There's no point in bringing in a player who offers you something different if you refuse to play differently. It's a waste of money and everyone's time. He'd have been a great signing if he'd replaced Borini and we'd bought a top goal scorer who was more in line with our style of play.

- Sterling ran around like a headless chicken.
      - Markovic looks like biggest waste of money since Andy Carroll.
      - Gerrard couldn't cross a ball above knee height.
      - Balotelli spent more time in midfield than he did in attack.
      - Enrique did nothing to threaten Moreno as first choice left back.

As soon as I saw the team sheet I was scratching my head wondering why Lallana wasn't playing after performing well in the last two games and he looked lively the moment he came on. Rodgers got his team selection, his formation and his tactics completely wrong tonight and showed his inexperience in European football. He's going to have to learn fast because out season is one turgid display after another. He also has to be willing to make substitutions sooner than he does when it's apparent to all watching that things aren't working.

The big worry wasn't that we conceded from a set piece again but it's that we offer absolutely nothing going forward. I can't remember troubling their goal keeper once. We couldn't even score first time from an offside position. I could live with a dodgy defence if we where still outscoring opponents but we look completely toothless. Sturridge has to start the next game, and we have to hope that he's not lost any form through injury.

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #416: Oct 01, 2014 09:59:01 pm
      And another thing..........

WE NEED JOE ALLEN BACK DESPERATELY.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #417: Oct 01, 2014 09:59:58 pm
      Well there you go no clear cut chances? What opportunities were created for him?

Maybe he needs to make the odd run and try to get into the box and a few chances might pop up. Spends most of the match in midfield and just gives no outlet.

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #418: Oct 01, 2014 10:00:15 pm

None cause his movement is awful. Sorry mate but I was happy to see him arrive, mainly cause we had no one else - but hes dreadful.

Its F***ing miserable to admit it.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #419: Oct 01, 2014 10:01:06 pm
      Souness and Carra just pointing out how much Skrtel is obsessed with the man as opposed to the flight of the ball. This is the same EVERY game and EVERY set piece.

After a performance like that, it really  is totally unfair to point the blame at one player, be it Balo, Raheem or anyone else.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #420: Oct 01, 2014 10:02:14 pm
      Really thought it was just a matter of time before we got the equalizer. Still can't understand how we came away without a score. Going forward we looked like a young lad fumbling with his first bra strap.

Really! I could not see where we were going to get a goal from.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #421: Oct 01, 2014 10:02:26 pm
      Tough choice but gave Enrique man of the match simply because he put two of the best crosses in of the game.  Although if I was rating them all out of 10 he would still only have got a 5.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #422: Oct 01, 2014 10:02:40 pm
      Someone said 'Mario learn to stay onside', very, very difficult when the player strolls about like John Wayne with piles.

John Wayne walked as if he had piles anyway. Who knows wtf to make of us this season
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #423: Oct 01, 2014 10:02:56 pm
      After a performance like that, it really  is totally unfair to point the blame at one player, be it Balo, Raheem or anyone else.

Agreed, Brendan got that so wrong
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #424: Oct 01, 2014 10:03:43 pm
      I~ saw him swanning round the centre circle all night he never moved towards there back four.
      I must have been watching a different game Walton , the whole team were sh*te but Balotelli was the best of a bad lot tonight . the buck stops with Rodgers he needs to seriously reevaluate his thinking .

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #425: Oct 01, 2014 10:04:47 pm
      If I were to rate the stinkers of today's game, Sterling would be right down there in the cellar getting half of his 30k wages docked. On that performance he can think again about an improved contract letalone Real Madrid.

Markovic looks a little shy to me. Has pace to break on the counter but needs to improve on his end product. Needs to improve technically.

Balotelli is not a Liverpool player. He is a Balotelli player. He plays for himself. He's lazy, lacks creativity, and disrupts the flow of any move we have. Why would a team as bad as AC Milan want to sell him?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #426: Oct 01, 2014 10:04:53 pm
      I must have been watching a different game Walton , the whole team were sh*te but Balotelli was the best of a bad lot tonight . the buck stops with Rodgers he needs to seriously reevaluate his thinking .

he plays far too deep he needs to be on the back four. I don't know how to describe our team this season
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #427: Oct 01, 2014 10:05:49 pm
      We can't defend and we can't attack

Reports (BBC I think) are that we're looking at Higuain and Khedeira in January.

Sorry, had to say something positive after that
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #428: Oct 01, 2014 10:06:11 pm
      Skrtel was at fault for the goal more worried about outmuscling his player than keeping his eye on the f**king ball and clearing it. Lovren was fine Basle never really looked like scoring again. Sterling had a mare and couldn't control his own piss. Whole team were garbage apart from Coutinho who tried to create something for out hapless snail paced attack. Lallana played well when he came on. Apart from that we were garbage.

We will improve once Stu, Allen and Can come back and we will start scoring again. But god help us if we lose Sturridge again through injury he needs to be wrapped in cotton wool for the season and kept the f**k away from that English squad at all costs! We also need a proven goal scorer with pace in January and need to spend big for one. Lambert and Balotelli are not going to make up for Suarez's goals not even close.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #429: Oct 01, 2014 10:06:40 pm
      Look at the position where Welbeck plays and the channels he runs into. Thats what I thought we were getting with Balo. Its the opposite.

Welbeck... God damn!
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #430: Oct 01, 2014 10:06:42 pm
      Don't vote then ;).

I was thinking that earlier actually, before the game. Had a moment where I was thinking how if we continue our poor form tonight and lose then I reckon it will be the same old comments from him. I'm not Brendan bashing here, it's just that no matter how bad we play he just wont come out and say we simply weren't good enough, end of.

Same old, same old then? I stopped watching Brendans interviews towards the end of last season. Too many soundbites and always trying to be the comedian.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #431: Oct 01, 2014 10:06:48 pm
      None cause his movement is awful. Sorry mate but I was happy to see him arrive, mainly cause we had no one else - but hes dreadful.

Its f**king miserable to admit it.

I know where your coming from mate but the whole system and movement is set up by BR. Lets face it if he was not playing to plan he would have been dropped!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #432: Oct 01, 2014 10:07:15 pm
      John Wayne walked as if he had piles anyway. Who knows wtf to make of us this season

OK more piles than usual.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #433: Oct 01, 2014 10:07:16 pm
      We can't defend and we can't attack

Reports (BBC I think) are that we're looking at Higuain and Khedeira in January.

Sorry, had to say something positive after that

F**k we need Ronaldo and Messi at this rate
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #434: Oct 01, 2014 10:07:18 pm
      he plays far too deep he needs to be on the back four. I don't know how to describe our team this season

Poor, might just cover it, sadly!

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #435: Oct 01, 2014 10:07:33 pm
      Danny Welbeck and Loic Remy are far superior to this Mario lad.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #436: Oct 01, 2014 10:07:56 pm
      Really! I could not see where we were going to get a goal from.

We had enough chances (just messed them up).  Just needed someone to show some bit of composure.  It's not like we created nothing, and they were rock solid in defense, far far from it

Quick Reply