Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

QPR 2:3 Liverpool, In game & post match "discussion".

Read 35910 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Live: QPR V Liverpool
      Reply #575: Oct 19, 2014 03:36:33 pm
      Lets get this right .

They scored four and we scored one ?

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #576: Oct 19, 2014 03:36:55 pm
      PHEW... How many times did Migs and Skrtel save us out there to-day as Zamora had poor Dejan shaking like a shitting dog? Scary stuff when you consider who we were playing.  :o

Still... stirring stuff and 3 points - ugly or not - can't be all bad.  8)
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #577: Oct 19, 2014 03:37:05 pm
      Ballotelli doesn't even get excited when we win with the last kick of the game, he looks like he doesn't give a f**k - we played with 10 men today

No we didn't
      He wasn't good and his body language is awful but he ran the lines and on another day bagged a couple of goals without playing well.
      He will come good, he's missing Sturridge as much as anyone. Balo is not a player to run the lines and occupy players he's better drilling off but he's having to adapt. He'll come good
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #578: Oct 19, 2014 03:37:14 pm

what La Liga games have you seen with the CF with his back to the ball just slowly strolling around the 6 yard box when we have a free kick on the edge of the box.He was a disgrace to the shirt today
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #579: Oct 19, 2014 03:37:29 pm
      that was the worst EFFORT I have ever seen by anyone in a Liverpool shirt he should never play again.

I know he was shocking but the sentiment is a bit strong for me. I don't think he downed tools, yes he was looking the other way when we took that quick free kick and yes he took some awful shots and clearly got frustrated. Was he so bad and disgraceful he should never wear the shirt again? That's a bit much for me. Is he the wrong player, yes. I think he has to be play in a two up there, he doesn't offer enough leading the line on his own.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #580: Oct 19, 2014 03:38:00 pm
      Lets get this right .

It's a different way to win than last seasons we'll score more than you attitude Skip.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #581: Oct 19, 2014 03:38:00 pm
      If you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all
      Gobbed 3pts cheers Arry 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #582: Oct 19, 2014 03:38:10 pm
      f***in unbelievably sh*te, how the F**k we won that is well unbelievable, I actually feel sorry for QPR, cos if they couldn't hold on when they led, against a side as woeful as we were then are truly doomed,  but, F**k them, I'm.only concerned about us,

Brendan has his work cut out,  he can't be at all happy,  I'm f***in dreading Wednesday at the moment,

If we perform like we did today it could get humiliating,

Anyhoo,  at the end of the day it's 3 undeserved scrappy points, but F**k me it was painful watching it, hopefully that was us at our lowest ebb and the only way is up from now, not holding my breath tho tbh.

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #583: Oct 19, 2014 03:38:49 pm
      Lets get this right .

and we still won ? how the F**k did that happen I don't believe what I just witnessed. Pathetic defending a CF just ambling about with his back to the ball two own goals.Just crazy
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #584: Oct 19, 2014 03:38:53 pm
      I'm really happy that QPR scored that own goals. Both plays were heading to a Balotelli finish and we can't really trust him. Glad to see that they did the dirty work for us.
      SyntaxError
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #585: Oct 19, 2014 03:39:16 pm
      Coutinho MoTM. Sterling was good but it was Coutinho who got us back into some form of attacking threat when he came on.

First half though, Mignolet made some great saves to keep us 0-0 at HT. Always though that he is a great shot-stopper.

Horrible defending from the entire back 4. We need Manquillo and Moreno back for Real Madrid, or we will be embarrassed horribly. Not sure what we can do about the centre backs.... all are on the same level of bad. Skrtel
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #586: Oct 19, 2014 03:40:04 pm
      Gladly take the 3 points but it wont cover over the dross that was handed up..again!!

We are poisonous as defending and not just crosses, in general. And no sign of it being put right or no real sign of a desire to put it right

Up front, Balotelli. What does he give us? I cant see anything from the sulky looking get. If he wasn't scoring but giving you something else you'd say ok but giving nothing is unforgiveable.

Sorry but I cant remember a more frustrating 90 minutes then that in a long long time. Whats worse is we have had 1 decent 90 minutes out of this bunch this season

Fear for us on Wednesday
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #587: Oct 19, 2014 03:40:31 pm
      We all need to calm down Utd won titles off the back of winning games they didn't deserve to

We were bang average today but we've scored 3 goals and claimed 3 points. I'll take it
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #588: Oct 19, 2014 03:40:42 pm
      3 points is 3 points and that's great but lets not pretend that that team will do anything this season
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #589: Oct 19, 2014 03:43:23 pm
      what La Liga games have you seen with the CF with his back to the ball just slowly strolling around the 6 yard box when we have a free kick on the edge of the box.He was a disgrace to the shirt today

I was meaning more of it's a big game.  Champions League, at Anfield, under lights, against Real Madrid, it doesn't get much bigger than that and I feel Balo is a big game player that's all mate.

Don't get me wrong, like I said I'm not excusing his performance today, in any way, shape or form.  His attitude stinks and I don't like it when players feel they don't need to try too hard or try at all but I've seen it from Stevie plenty of time down the years. 
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #590: Oct 19, 2014 03:43:38 pm
      We won guys. That is the best thing YNWA
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #591: Oct 19, 2014 03:44:11 pm
      Gladly take the 3 points but it wont cover over the dross that was handed up..again!!

We are poisonous as defending and not just crosses, in general. And no sign of it being put right or no real sign of a desire to put it right

Up front, Balotelli. What does he give us? I cant see anything from the sulky looking get. If he wasn't scoring but giving you something else you'd say ok but giving nothing is unforgiveable.

Sorry but I cant remember a more frustrating 90 minutes then that in a long long time. Whats worse is we have had 1 decent 90 minutes out of this bunch this season

Fear for us on Wednesday

Spot on Bri, Brendan there saying you're going to play badly sometime during the season. Fair enough there are times when you need to play ugly and win, but we have seriously robbed one of the worst teams in the league.

As you say the only performance with any standard is away at Spurs. The only positive I can take from any of it is that somehow we find ourselves in 5th, which considering how badly we've played I'd rip your arm off to take but the negative is that there's no signs of it improving and we simply can't keep getting away with playing like we have.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #592: Oct 19, 2014 03:44:42 pm
      £50 bet proceeds to the forum Mario Balotelli scores 20 goals this season.

I'll take that bet. Along with most of the forum I reckon. No chance he scores 20.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #593: Oct 19, 2014 03:44:58 pm
      3 points is 3 points and that's great but lets not pretend that that team will do anything this season

You no doubt said the same when we lost 3-1 at Hull last season
      Give the team a chance to breathe and develop. We've been bang average this season and we're joint 4th. Things will improve
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #594: Oct 19, 2014 03:46:18 pm
      I know that games can be completely different from another and we could go and make a great game against Madrid, but, with the way our defense has been playing the whole season, how are we gonna approach this match? What can we do with such a poor effort from our defenders?
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #595: Oct 19, 2014 03:47:15 pm

We did play absolutely dire but I'll take performances like that if they produce 3pts everytime!
      My heart maynot though!
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #596: Oct 19, 2014 03:47:24 pm
      I'll take that bet. Along with most of the forum I reckon. No chance he scores 20.

I'm only making one bet I don't quite have enough faith in him to bet the whole forum :-p

20 will be a real push and I'm relying on Sturridge clicking with him and Balo himself pulling his finger out a bit and generating an understanding with those around him.
      I don't know why I just have a belief in him. I'm not going to judge him on a handful of games, I'm absolutely certain he will improve
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #597: Oct 19, 2014 03:48:06 pm
      I'm still angry all the Liverpool CF going back in my time to Roger Hunt have all put in a shift .Why did we buy a player who doesn't fit our pattern of play it can only have been a panic buy.He is too slow he isn't intelligent enough and he doesn't work hard. What does he bring. We lost Luis who was quick very intelligent and worked harder than anyone else for the team.I think he will be trouble I like everyone thought he was worth a punt but my God the man is a disaster who every club eventually gets rid off.

Quick Reply