Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

QPR 2:3 Liverpool, In game & post match "discussion".

Read 35285 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Re: QPR 2:3 Liverpool, In game & post match "discussion".
      Reply #667: Oct 19, 2014 06:52:23 pm
      I'll sum it up now.
      Tactically clueless, just make it up as you go along. 
      Defence a shambles, no improvement from last season.
      Mid field, no cohesion or pattern of play.
      Forwards, almost non existent and nothing resembling team work.
       Management, don't seem to see what everyone else sees, got lucky with very little input.
      3 More points on the board!
      Oh thats all right then, seems to be the final word.
      WE ARE LIVERPOOL ! AND TODAY'S PERFORMANCE IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
      F.F.S. Someone make a positive decision to rectify what has become too regular, and so painful to watch.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #668: Oct 19, 2014 06:57:25 pm
      Yeah, QPR didn't deserve to lose.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #669: Oct 19, 2014 07:07:02 pm
      This is a game that on any other day we would have comfortably lost. My question is, how the F**k did we not lose?

It's all well and good celebrating a win, but my concern is with the performance. Because of that performance this actually feels like a loss.

We have Madrid next, possibly the most clinical team in the world right now. With performances like this, I'm worried. Very worried. Our form is absolutely terrifying for me, as we're showing nothing. Forget comparing us to last season, we're not even half of that right now.

We need to improve and fast.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #670: Oct 19, 2014 07:22:23 pm
       OK Luis Suarez was immense for us last season and banged 31 goals in the league
       But I don't think all this difficulty to produce same style (as last season) of play from midfield upwards is  all due to Luis 's departure
       seems all the team is off form , Ok Mario is not Luis and we are missing sturridge but the fast passing and pressing as soon as the kick off whistle is blown  that smashed most opposition last year is nowhere  near that, this  start of the season

I say Luckily we got the 3 points today, but I fear if we get out with the same attitude next game vs RM  we will be severly punished

Hoping for a bounce back game against the European Champs

YNWA
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #671: Oct 19, 2014 07:22:49 pm
      Another win.

It's in the history books as a Liverpool win. One of those games we'll look back on come the end of the season and say "that was the real turning point." We've won a game that we probably shouldn't of. Rather than f**king bitching about, let's enjoy it, build on it and start stringing these wins together.

Any win is a welcomed one by me.

Thank you Reds.

Sorry mate that performance today against any other PL side we would have lost. QPR are rubbish and we made them look good. This will not be a turning in our season like last after we lost to Hull before going on the 11 game winning streak. There are tough games ahead and we will be scrapping for points I fear. If we had Stu fit I would be more confident of an improvement but we don't have enough up top to put teams away. There is very little to celebrate in that win apart from 3 lucky points.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #672: Oct 19, 2014 07:26:02 pm
      Another win.

It's in the history books as a Liverpool win. One of those games we'll look back on come the end of the season and say "that was the real turning point." We've won a game that we probably shouldn't of. Rather than F***ing bitching about, let's enjoy it, build on it and start stringing these wins together.

Any win is a welcomed one by me.

Thank you Reds.

Absolutely Billy.  Another win, another 3 points.  We're 5th, only 4 points behind 2nd place with a reasonable run of games coming up. 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #673: Oct 19, 2014 07:28:46 pm
      Absolutely Billy.  Another win, another 3 points.  We're 5th, only 4 points behind 2nd place with a reasonable run of games coming up. 

That's the fear Reasonable run of games! We have just played the worst team in the league?
      On the positive hopefully that was a wake up call to the players and management.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #674: Oct 19, 2014 07:35:54 pm
      That's the fear Reasonable run of games! We have just played the worst team in the league?
      On the positive hopefully that was a wake up call to the players and management.

But just as the worst team in the league can play really well, the best in the league can play badly, the difference at the end of the season is the points.  We've just played badly and come away with 3 points where it could have been much, much worse.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #675: Oct 19, 2014 07:43:15 pm
      But just as the worst team in the league can play really well, the best in the league can play badly, the difference at the end of the season is the points.  We've just played badly and come away with 3 points where it could have been much, much worse.

Yeah I get what your saying and I'm sure everyone here is glad for the 3 pts but somehow it feels like a hollow victory. There has been minimal signs of the team clicking this season bar the Spurs game and that is extremely frustrating considering we were witnessing some of the most exciting attacking play in Europe to Horse Manure in 3 short months.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #676: Oct 19, 2014 07:50:18 pm
      Yeah I get what your saying and I'm sure everyone here is glad for the 3 pts but somehow it feels like a hollow victory. There has been minimal signs of the team clicking this season bar the Spurs game and that is extremely frustrating considering we were witnessing some of the most exciting attacking play in Europe to Horse Manure in 3 short months.

And there is partly the answer, we had Sturridge for the Spurs game. 

But seriously listen to us all, what F***ing snobs we've become "oh but it's such a hollow victory", "we were so glorious to watch last season", "blah, blah, F***ing blah".

We won ffs.  We got 3 points.  It's not F***ing "Strictly" you know where you get extra points for playing well.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #677: Oct 19, 2014 07:54:33 pm
      The boo birds hate games like this...because they were so close to being able to complain about a loss, but the 3 points means they have to "act" like they are happy we won.

As for me, while alarmed at our current form...the fact that we played like crap and stole 3 points is pretty freaking fantastic. I'll take it and move on. ;D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #678: Oct 19, 2014 08:36:59 pm
      It's all well being Super fans and pretending all is well.

Some of us are probably a bit alarmed with our performances having spent the best part of £100M and quite frankly out played by West Ham, Villa and lucky to have won against Saints and the worst team in the league.

But hey let's pretend all is well because it shows our loyalty to the club without questioning or debating where we are going wrong.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #679: Oct 19, 2014 08:37:58 pm

What are our next opponents even weaker than QPR then? Perhaps we can play some Under 12 sides, you know ones who aren't nasty and physical. The things that worried me was a) we were tactically crap. b) we were crap at winning duels. c) we were crap at pressing the mighty footballers of QPR, d) we have quite possibly the worst striker in the premiership who is somehow undroppable e) We have a terrible work rate and hunger/desire f) We look as bad as I've ever seen any Liverpool team and I'm including the Hodgson era. IN summary something needs to change and fast, I'm starting to worry that the manager is not being listened to or maybe he's actually asking the team to all play like a bunch of girls who don't really give a crap if they win or lose and are certainly not prepared to get stuck in.
      We were extremely lucky to win today but I don't feel positive at all, I genuinely fear a humiliating score line against Real Madrid
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #680: Oct 19, 2014 08:46:17 pm
      It's all well being Super fans and pretending all is well.

Some of us are probably a bit alarmed with our performances having spent the best part of £100M and quite frankly out played by West Ham, Villa and lucky to have won against Saints and the worst team in the league.

But hey let's pretend all is well because it shows our loyalty to the club without questioning or debating where we are going wrong.
      I'm assuming you weren't responding to me since you didn't quote my post but if you were you may want to go back and re-read what I wrote because you obviously missed the part about me being alarmed about our recent run of form. Doesn't mean we can't be happy for three points and 5th place as bad as we've been and with our injury issues.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #681: Oct 19, 2014 08:52:59 pm
      What are our next opponents even weaker than QPR then? Perhaps we can play some Under 12 sides, you know ones who aren't nasty and physical. The things that worried me was a) we were tactically crap. b) we were crap at winning duels. c) we were crap at pressing the mighty footballers of QPR, d) we have quite possibly the worst striker in the premiership who is somehow undroppable e) We have a terrible work rate and hunger/desire f) We look as bad as I've ever seen any Liverpool team and I'm including the Hodgson era. IN summary something needs to change and fast, I'm starting to worry that the manager is not being listened to or maybe he's actually asking the team to all play like a bunch of girls who don't really give a crap if they win or lose and are certainly not prepared to get stuck in.
      We were extremely lucky to win today but I don't feel positive at all, I genuinely fear a humiliating score line against Real Madrid

Awe bless.  I guess you won't be watching on Wednesday then.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #682: Oct 19, 2014 08:57:56 pm
      The boo birds hate games like this...because they were so close to being able to complain about a loss, but the 3 points means they have to "act" like they are happy we won.

As for me, while alarmed at our current form...the fact that we played like crap and stole 3 points is pretty freaking fantastic. I'll take it and move on. ;D

then you have your head in the sand because that was a terrible performance it lacked everything this club is about and to try and dismiss peoples serious concerns in a trivial manner is out of order. A performance like that against RM and it could be a public humiliation at  Anfield of all places. If we do play well on Wednesday then that almost compounds the problem as to why we only chose to turn up at certain games.
      We have had one very good performance at Spurs this season but we haven't been anything like it since
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #683: Oct 19, 2014 09:05:49 pm
      I am still pissed with Balotelli the image of a Liverpool striker strolling around the 6 yard box with his back to the ball showing no interest whatsoever is hard to get rid of. I think Steve Peters needs to move in with him the lad has serious issues
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #684: Oct 19, 2014 09:20:57 pm
      then you have your head in the sand because that was a terrible performance it lacked everything this club is about and to try and dismiss peoples serious concerns in a trivial manner is out of order. A performance like that against RM and it could be a public humiliation at  Anfield of all places. If we do play well on Wednesday then that almost compounds the problem as to why we only chose to turn up at certain games.
      We have had one very good performance at Spurs this season but we haven't been anything like it since
      For some reason people are having a hard time understanding what I wrote. Odd.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #685: Oct 19, 2014 09:29:07 pm
      Getting really pissed at the current mentality of you 'fans'. Slate our players, constantly pessimistic and are currently one of the quietest fan groups out there at the moment!

Be loud and proud and get behind OUR club and our lads.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #686: Oct 19, 2014 09:29:10 pm
      For some reason people are having a hard time understanding what I wrote. Odd.

it was the flippant BOOO BIRDS comment suggesting some are unhappy we won because they cant moan.
      Its gone well past that now this is serious. The players don't believe in what they are doing the attitude since Luis has gone has changed and now without Daniel too we look fragile. Our defence is a joke the two full backs cant defend and the two CB's get in each others way.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #687: Oct 19, 2014 09:31:05 pm
      This is a game that on any other day we would have comfortably lost. My question is, how the f**k did we not lose?

It's all well and good celebrating a win, but my concern is with the performance. Because of that performance this actually feels like a loss.

We have Madrid next, possibly the most clinical team in the world right now. With performances like this, I'm worried. Very worried. Our form is absolutely terrifying for me, as we're showing nothing. Forget comparing us to last season, we're not even half of that right now.

We need to improve and fast.

Exactly we have Madrid next and Brendan put the chuckle brothers in defence I.e. Johnson and Enrique thus resting our first choice and we got away with it. Hopefully big lesson learned.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Live: QPR V Liverpool
      Reply #688: Oct 19, 2014 09:31:18 pm
      Heartbreaking watch we  midtable team at best, lf we don't get top 4 nextseason manger and some players need be get rid of not good enough
      It does look bad right now but we do have injuries to key players, or at least one player and others trying to get back up to speed.

One thing I will say now though; it's been enough time to know that either Rodgers doesn't give a sh*t about defending, or he hasn't a clue how to go about it.

We look worse than we did last season
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #689: Oct 19, 2014 09:34:38 pm
      I will not be watching that game again tonight its a horror movie. Just what does go through Balotelli's mind

Quick Reply