Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM?

Mignolet
      3 (3%)
      Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      2 (2%)
      Johnson
      1 (1%)
      Gerrard
      2 (2%)
      Henderson
      1 (1%)
      Allen
      0 (0%)
      Sterling
      34 (34%)
      Coutinho
      44 (44%)
      Balotelli
      2 (2%)
      Lallana
      10 (10%)
      Can
      1 (1%)
      Markovic
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Voting closed: Oct 25, 2014 09:45:43 pm

Liverpool 0-3 Real Madrid: In game and Post Match Disappointment

Read 41426 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Liverpool 0-3 Real Madrid: In game and Post Match Disappointment
      Reply #598: Oct 22, 2014 10:22:40 pm
      Yeah Hull will be positive of a result from us to be sure .

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,733 posts | 156 
      Reply #599: Oct 22, 2014 10:22:41 pm
      Good strikers for January  affordable
      Víctor Ibarbo
      kevin volland
      Emmanuel Emenike
      Luis Muriel
      Alexandre Lacazette

all of them are pacey strikers
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #600: Oct 22, 2014 10:22:44 pm
      why do you post sensible stuff like this then a load of crap attacking very well respected posters on another thread.Do you have a twin

Because I can't stand people slating the manager for no reason at all.

Yes we have our problems, but this is the man that put us back on the map. Maybe didn't get us to the destination, but he put us back on the map.

And I find it upsetting that he has set us up so well since he came here, yet STILL, some think they can just trash the man.

It's like going into battle with a highly respected soldier, and turning your back on him when shots are ringing down on him. I can't stand it. He made supporting this club an absolute joy again and some think its alright to utterly lambast the man. Nobody is saying he does everything right, but there's plenty of evidence that he is the man for the club. It's just naiveity to think that it would be plain sailing when things were good - you either back the manager or you don't. You can't keep saying 'I back the manager but.....' because all I see is criticism (resorting to sh*te like 'he drives a Porsche'. FFS?) and not even any praise for what he HAS done.

That is depressing.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #601: Oct 22, 2014 10:25:26 pm
      It looked to me like we ran into a very good team on a very good night. They have the best player in the World in their ranks, as well as one or two others who would walk into a world eleven. Unfortunately for us we needed them to have an off night and for us to play great, it didn't happen. Quite why that means everything is quite as sh!t as people are predictably making out I aren't sure, but there it is.

A little perspective wouldn't go amiss lads. Coutinho is a lovely player but he isn't James, Sterling a brilliant little prospect but he ain't no Ronaldo, Henderson massively improved but he ain't Tony Cruz, Joe Allen ain't no Luca Modric etc.

I personally wouldn't have played Balotelli and would have played on the break, but people talk as if this tactical master plan would have guaranteed success. It wouldn't, we went for it and needed to score first for the plan to pay off. We didn't and it didn't. The sooner people realise that this Madrid team is in a different stratos to the one we beat 4-0 a few years ago the better. If you'd offered me this result AND a win over Hull I'd have bitten your hand off. Time for us to get a result on Saturday, and time for some people to calm down a bit.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #602: Oct 22, 2014 10:25:29 pm

Yes we have our problems, but this is the man that put us back on the map. Maybe didn't get us to the destination, but he put us back on the map.

And I find it upsetting that he has set us up so well since he came here, yet STILL, some think they can just trash the man.

It's like going into battle with a highly respected soldier, and turning your back on him when shots are ringing down on him. I can't stand it. He made supporting this club an absolute joy again and some think its alright to utterly lambast the man.

That is depressing.

we have been on the map since 1892. The problem with Brendan is he thinks he invented pass and move and we were playing that style of football before he was born.Go check out the 74 cup final and see what pass and move looked like 40 years ago.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #603: Oct 22, 2014 10:27:09 pm

It's like going into battle with a highly respected soldier, and turning your back on him when shots are ringing down on him. I can't stand it. He made supporting this club an absolute joy again and some think its alright to utterly lambast the man. Nobody is saying he does everything right, but there's plenty of evidence that he is the man for the club. It's just naiveity to think that it would be plain sailing when things were good - you either back the manager or you don't. You can't keep saying 'I back the manager but.....' because all I see is criticism (resorting to sh*te like 'he drives a Porsche'. FFS?) and not even any praise for what he HAS done.

That is depressing.

Post of the night. I find the reaction of some of our supporters on here even more depressing than the realisation that we were outclassed by Real Madrid tonight.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #604: Oct 22, 2014 10:27:37 pm
      We are heavily relying on young Raheem to produce what is missing from the sale of Suarez. As good as he is, he's too young and it won't happen just yet.

We need someone to take some of the pressure off his shoulders.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #605: Oct 22, 2014 10:27:48 pm
      we have been on the map since 1892. The problem with Brendan is he thinks he invented pass and move and we were playing that style of football before he was born.Go check out the 74 cup final and see what pass and move looked like 40 years ago.

Again, this is the utter tripe I'm talking about. Where on earth does he even say that - it's only in your mind, and a few of you just seem to make things up.

I just can't believe you believe that.

People like you Walton are just making things up now - it's pathetic and needless. And you think you are being rational by believing such rubbish?

You spread lies and mistruths to try and create some false impression of the man.

And you think you have the power to do that because of the arrogant idea that 'I've followed this club for 'X' amount of years, I know best'.

This statement has been peddled by those on here for a long time - stop talking sh*te, just because you have supported Liverpool doesn't mean you know more about football than a football manager and that gives you the ability and right to create lies and more damned lies about the man.

And the idea that just because some of you have supported Liverpool for so long makes your views right and others wrong? Again, arrogance of the highest order. 'All fans are equal, but some are more equal than others'.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #606: Oct 22, 2014 10:30:58 pm

It's like going into battle with a highly respected soldier, and turning your back on him when shots are ringing down on him. I can't stand it. He made supporting this club an absolute joy again and some think its alright to utterly lambast the man.

That is depressing.

Youre on here now.! FFS.
      Spent all of the match on the BR thread site slagging off "veterans" for criticising  BR ....... WITH ... their good reasons.

Re read Billy 1s opinion having supported this club for 6 decades in that "it is the worst he has seen".

If you cannot respect long standing supporters opinions ... then the very last thing you should be doing is slagging them off.

Youve got no history.

Some of us have .
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #607: Oct 22, 2014 10:31:29 pm
      We are heavily relying on young Raheem to produce what is missing from the sale of Suarez. As good as he is, he's too young and it won't happen just yet.

Excellent post
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #608: Oct 22, 2014 10:33:21 pm
      Ok, some of us have gone a bit overboard in criticizing BR which includes me but when we look at the way we play the game tonight the weaknesses in our attacking tactics is so glaring to the point that any decent coach would be able see that. I don't even want to talk about the defensive side of things.

Just say, except for the players, what RM has that we don't, I'd think the answer is there.

I'm honest here to say, we have a bunch of very good players here but somehow the tactics have failed us big time. Blaming on the what is happening  due to the loss of Suarez has to stop this very minute, did we get any worse loosing Keegan many years ago? No we got better and better.

I'm the least surprised that our defence has suddenly gone pear shape, it has been so for some time but it is just that we scored more than we conceded that plastered over the crack. BR greatest mistake is he did not buy a world class DM, hoping that Stevie, Lucas or Hendo could still do the job.

« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2014 10:50:38 pm by redkop63 »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #609: Oct 22, 2014 10:35:37 pm

Agree IO, he was in early on in the half and was let down by Balotelli.

Moments later Balotelli got it again and played a blind pass almost aimlessly where Sterling 'could' have been running (he didn't look so it was a guess) then moaned about it.

Balotelli should have been dropped for this game, I'd have preferred Brad Jones playing up front after his performance against QPR, to be fair to Mario I thought he was better, not good, but better. Still the attitude problem and decision making are very poor indeed.

I tend to agree with Carra, don't think he'll be here next year the price we have to accept might be bloody painful.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #610: Oct 22, 2014 10:35:49 pm
      Youre on here now.! FFS.
      Spent all of the match on the BR thread site slagging off "veterans" for criticising  BR ....... WITH ... their good reasons.

Re read Billy 1s opinion having supported this club for 6 decades in that "it is the worst he has seen".

If you cannot respect long standing supporters opinions ... then the very last thing you should be doing is slagging them off.

Youve got no history.

Some of us have .

Thankfully its the minority of fans here.

Just read my post - just because you have supported Liverpool longer doesn't make your points more valid.

And what Billy said was utter sh*te - worst football we've ever played since Second Division? This is the type of delusions we're trying to argue against here. It would be hilarious if it weren't Liverpool fans saying this.

Seems like most of us will just have to f**k off, because apparently, the length of time you've supported Liverpool makes you think you have more of a right?

You don't realise how much you will piss people off here with that pathetic statement.

Many of us might not have 'history' like yourself, but at least we aren't stuck in the past like you.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #611: Oct 22, 2014 10:35:55 pm
      Real Madrid did what we did to a lot of teams last season. Attack early and throw the opposition's pre-match tactics into obscurity. Although Real's start wasn't quick by our standards of last season.

This season we have yet to rediscover that quick start game play, except for Spurs, our best match by far. There were glimpses of it earlier on tonight, but we lacked the quality, for eg. Balotelli had possession and could have slid a through pass to Sterling on his left - but he did not and duly lost the ball. Had he got it to Sterling it could have been a goal and that would have changed everything tonight. A good mental boost as well. As soon as we let in Ronaldo's goal it was meltdown from then on.

The players have got a psychological thing going on -- when they're good they know they are really really good. When they're sh*t, they forget they can be good. Instead they lose hope and play like it isn't going to matter.

Is this something that -- an embattled manager, or a January emergency signing spree, or a defensive coach, or a psychologist, or a Jesus Christ -- can address? I haven't got a clue. But I would like to believe we can, and I hope the players believe as well.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #612: Oct 22, 2014 10:37:51 pm
      It looked to me like we ran into a very good team on a very good night. They have the best player in the World in their ranks, as well as one or two others who would walk into a world eleven. Unfortunately for us we needed them to have an off night and for us to play great, it didn't happen. Quite why that means everything is quite as sh!t as people are predictably making out I aren't sure, but there it is.

A little perspective wouldn't go amiss lads. Coutinho is a lovely player but he isn't James, Sterling a brilliant little prospect but he ain't no Ronaldo, Henderson massively improved but he ain't Tony Cruz, Joe Allen ain't no Luca Modric etc.

I personally wouldn't have played Balotelli and would have played on the break, but people talk as if this tactical master plan would have guaranteed success. It wouldn't, we went for it and needed to score first for the plan to pay off. We didn't and it didn't. The sooner people realise that this Madrid team is in a different stratos to the one we beat 4-0 a few years ago the better. If you'd offered me this result AND a win over Hull I'd have bitten your hand off. Time for us to get a result on Saturday, and time for some people to calm down a bit.

Calm down jeez I am f***in livid by what I saw on sunday and then tonight and I am glad that people such as Jamie Carragher and Rednapp and Souness feel the same way.Dont panic for F**k sake they need a giant F**k boot up their arse all of them
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #613: Oct 22, 2014 10:39:42 pm
      It looked to me like we ran into a very good team on a very good night.

They didn't have to be very good tonight, Mick. We're a F***ing calamity in defence so they didn't need to get out of 2nd gear. That's the reality. Any half arsed team like QPR will score soft goals against us, let alone Real Madrid.

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #614: Oct 22, 2014 10:41:28 pm

Moments later Balotelli got it again and played a blind pass almost aimlessly where Sterling 'could' have been running (he didn't look so it was a guess) then moaned about it.

Balotelli should have been dropped for this game, I'd have preferred Brad Jones playing up front after his performance against QPR, to be fair to Mario I thought he was better, not good, but better. Still the attitude problem and decision making are very poor indeed.

I tend to agree with Carra, don't think he'll be here next year the price we have to accept might be bloody painful.

Agree with the most part of what you've said also. I think he has improved his runs and positioning somewhat, he just needs to improve on his decision making and his selfishness; whether or not he can do that is a different story. At the moment we have no choice but to play him really so lets hope he can improve.

Being honest I think we should have had a proper front two play tonight, such as Mario/Lambert + Borini. Madrids defence was there for the taking, they aren't the strongest either.

What's evident is the whole team needs a kick up the arse to get their act together. We need to bring someone in to organise our defence, it's been an issue the last few seasons now. I understand the best form of defence is a good offence, but when we lack that, then we don't really have much?

Some big decisions to make for BR and I don't envy him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,640 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #615: Oct 22, 2014 10:41:55 pm
      Rodgers needs to take the blinkers off.

Positives: Sterling and Coutinho were boss.

Goodnight
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,220 posts | 841 
      Reply #616: Oct 22, 2014 10:42:12 pm
      We were beaten by a way better team, with 3x better players.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #617: Oct 22, 2014 10:43:12 pm
      Son of a Gun, regardless of where Rodgers has taken us since his arrival, surely you cannot even excuse the lack of attention being paid to the demise of our defence.

It's hard to take when you hear the manager saying that they are working on it, it's been a Season and a half almost and the defence is getting worse.

With the acquisitions of Sakho, Lovren and Moreno we have spunked over £50 million into that defensive unit and it has gotten worse.

I'm behind Brendan, the same as any other manager until he gives good reason not to get behind him (Hodgson).

We can't attack our way out of this situation, we can't fire our way out of trouble, we have to batten down the hatches as we've lost our heavy artillery cannon.

We no longer maintain the attacking capability to mask our defensive deficiencies.

That's just how it is.

Brendan has to make a big decision here because sorting out out that defence is not his forte. As excellent as an attack minded manager as he is, he does not possess the tools to fix our back five.

If this situation isn't acted upon soon then i fear for even our chances of finishing top four, a thought i would never have envisaged 10 weeks ago, even after the departure of Suarez. At a bare minimum i expected us to at least maintain momentum, that has not happened.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4417 
      Reply #618: Oct 22, 2014 10:43:18 pm
      Thankfully its the minority of fans here.

Just read my post - just because you have supported Liverpool longer doesn't make your points more valid.

And what Billy said was utter sh*te - worst football we've ever played since Second Division? This is the type of delusions we're trying to argue against here. It would be hilarious if it weren't Liverpool fans saying this.

Seems like most of us will just have to f**k off, because apparently, the length of time you've supported Liverpool makes you think you have more of a right?

You don't realise how much you will piss people off here with that pathetic statement.

Many of us might not have 'history' like yourself, but at least we aren't stuck in the past like you.

Don't bother mate there's a little mafia of old farts on here who pine for the days of Joe Fagan and plus each other's post  whenever they can to show there alleged superior knowledge and experience.

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,733 posts | 156 
      Reply #619: Oct 22, 2014 10:43:55 pm
      To be honest everyone is entitled to critise someone is their opinion after all liverpool is static and the others all moving . We support liverpool that's it .

BR is a human he does mistakes and so are the other managers , our defense isn't improving I don't know what's the problem , we changed players and we are still worse do something is wrong with managing bit , of course people are going to critise BR even king Kenny had the same thing .
      At least on this forum people are mature and do write some constructive arguments , unlike other forums like RAWK where there's knee jerking camp vs deluded camp and the one in between who write some good arguments get blocked and banned for no reason .
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #620: Oct 22, 2014 10:44:30 pm

That's if anyone will have him!

Quick Reply