Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Newcastle 1:0 Liverpool. In game & post game discussion.

Read 33763 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: Live: Newcastle V Liverpool
      Reply #437: Nov 01, 2014 03:40:25 pm
      Brendan's not going to get sacked...and as much as he is to blame for our current run of form, I think it's a very dangerous (and damaging) game to play piling on the manager and talking about sacking him. I want him to succeed just like I want every one of the men wearing a red shirt to succeed, that doesn't mean I won't be critical of their efforts, but there seems to be an undercurrent of support building to the idea that Brendan either is or needs to be on the way out...I think that's disgraceful for anyone to engage in any way in the type of comments or posts that encourage that.

whats disgraceful is spending all that money to produce a side devoid of spirit or character.You described the scenario that usually occurs prior to a manger getting sacked not me.When a team fails to respond to a managers team selection and tactics then trouble is not far away.
      I cannot believe that we don't have X1 players capable of going to Newcastle and getting a result or at least putting up a good performance.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #438: Nov 01, 2014 03:41:35 pm
      whats disgraceful is spending all that money to produce a side devoid of spirit or character.You described the scenario that usually occurs prior to a manger getting sacked not me.When a team fails to respond to a managers team selection and tactics then trouble is not far away.
      I cannot believe that we don't have X1 players capable of going to Newcastle and getting a result or at least putting up a good performance.

We do but wrong tactics - simple.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #439: Nov 01, 2014 03:42:49 pm
      You know, I can handle being beaten. It's going to happen. I can even handle being beaten by an inferior side on occasion. Sometimes things just go against you. But what I won't accept is a lack of effort and desire to perform to the best of your ability. To show pride in the red shirt on your back. People go on and on about 'Lazy' Balotelli but at least he was trying to win the ball back when he lost it. He may have been ineffectual but at least he was trying. So was Gerrard, doing everything he could to take the game by the scruff of the neck as he so often has in his career. You can talk about Balotelli all you like but today there where eight other outfield players who lacked any desire.

true mate if you cant show passion with a Red shirt on your back why did we sign them.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #440: Nov 01, 2014 03:43:46 pm
      Poll on BBC and only 7% think we will make top 4.
      More interesting one is that 51% think we won't make top 6.

Dark days for Liverpool ahead.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #441: Nov 01, 2014 03:44:05 pm
      We do but wrong tactics - simple.

Putting Stevie Hendo and Allen together isn't the most positive of signs is it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6393 
      Reply #442: Nov 01, 2014 03:44:34 pm
      It seems like you want Brendan sacked Walton, if you do that's fine, you are obviously well within your rights to believe that, but if you don't want him sacked then why do you persist in every post pointing out how much money we've spent (he's wasted in your words) and attributing to Brendan how poorly the players are performing?

I'm trying to understand what your end game is?
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #443: Nov 01, 2014 03:49:12 pm
      what you describe is a team not playing for the manager. Whether you agree or not those are the very symptoms that get managers sacked.

I don't normally talk about the players' body language but today the players' body language just isn't right at all plus BR was hardly shouting out instructions, is there something brewing that we do not know?

Are the players being asked to perform against what they like or do best and gets them all frustrated? The tactics in the last 4 or 5 games are pretty mind boggling. We have one of the strongest attacking trio but we looked not to be so.

We have a Skrtel, Johnson and Lovren passing the ball among themselves like a pinball machine while the forward line doesn't have a clue how to break down defences while the midfield couldn't defend nor attack says a lot about the tactics.

I fear for BR, I really do.

Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #444: Nov 01, 2014 03:50:43 pm
      A week ago I honestly expected us to beat Hull, Newcastle etc.. type teams and be close to top 4.

Now I am worried.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #445: Nov 01, 2014 03:54:11 pm
      It seems like you want Brendan sacked Walton, if you do that's fine, you are obviously well within your rights to believe that, but if you don't want him sacked then why do you persist in every post pointing out how much money we've spent (he's wasted in your words) and attributing to Brendan how poorly the players are performing?

I'm trying to understand what your end game is?

don't try and second guess me it will just confuse you.I am stating the facts as they are.Its a forum we bounce stuff off each other.Brendan has spent £212mil but cant put a side out that reflects his vision of how football should be played. What am I supposed to write how wonderful he is doing . He needs a rocket up his arse and needs to work harder and talk less
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #446: Nov 01, 2014 03:57:17 pm
      ''Toothless Liverpool'' is how we're described in the BBC match report.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #447: Nov 01, 2014 03:57:31 pm
      Very poor indeed , no time to discuss in depth but in short Brendan needs to sort himself.
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #448: Nov 01, 2014 04:02:02 pm
      I almost didn't expect a win that's how sh*te we are.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6393 
      Reply #449: Nov 01, 2014 04:09:00 pm
      don't try and second guess me it will just confuse you.I am stating the facts as they are.Its a forum we bounce stuff off each other.Brendan has spent £212mil but cant put a side out that reflects his vision of how football should be played. What am I supposed to write how wonderful he is doing . He needs a rocket up his arse and needs to work harder and talk less

The only thing that confuses me is where you stand. Do you want him out or not. It's a simple question. Just own it and then the discussions will be much easier. I can unequivocally say I don't want him sacked, now you know where I stand so when I criticize him, you will understand that I criticize him with the intent that I hope he gets better and gets things turned around. I'll just go on record as saying that your posts seem to carry the tone that you are fed up with Brendan and would rather we had someone else (that didn't waste 212m) in charge. If that's not how you feel, you are welcome, in fact invited to show me wrong by stating your support for our manager.

I'm all ears
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #450: Nov 01, 2014 04:15:21 pm
      ''Toothless Liverpool'' is how we're described in the BBC match report.

and in my opinion that is quite correct seeing All the games after spurs
        Many say that is because we lost Luis, thats a fact, but its not the only one, or the biggest one, many  of the players are still the same and they too played well and contributed to our play last season
       fact is we seem without ideas how and where to play the ball when in possession, our strikers ( who ever plays) are not getting the support or passes we had  9 months ago

YNWA
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,548 posts | 1490 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #451: Nov 01, 2014 04:16:19 pm
      It's just sickening not expecting a win before a game.... just hoping...
      Stoke go above us if they score another goal... it's mental, and with tough games coming up we could well end up being around 14th in a couple of weeks.

We need to get it sorted, and soon!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #452: Nov 01, 2014 04:18:20 pm
      can't be positive about our football, the man needs to go before we will struggle another 2-3 years repairing the damage he has done
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #453: Nov 01, 2014 04:19:42 pm
      Brendan has spent £212mil but cant put a side out that reflects his vision of how football should be played.

And now I am questioning whether he has abandoned his vision of how football should be played. A vision he had when he first came in, selling the likes of Carrol and Adam and bringing in intelligent, mobile, quick players to play the football he wanted. But now, It's as If he has gone backwards and going against everything he was building for. The style of football, the selection etc, It's just so uncharacteristic of him.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #454: Nov 01, 2014 04:21:34 pm
      Looking back at the game our passing was diabolical, either the ball was played to short or to slow, to a player who was to closely marked, or had his back to goal, the only exception was Gerrard, the rest were sh*t and should donate there wages to Help for Heroes, overpaid and passionless.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #455: Nov 01, 2014 04:21:45 pm
      The only thing that confuses me is where you stand. Do you want him out or not. It's a simple question. Just own it and then the discussions will be much easier. I can unequivocally say I don't want him sacked, now you know where I stand so when I criticize him, you will understand that I criticize him with the intent that I hope he gets better and gets things turned around. I'll just go on record as saying that your posts seem to carry the tone that you are fed up with Brendan and would rather we had someone else (that didn't waste 212m) in charge. If that's not how you feel, you are welcome, in fact invited to show me wrong by stating your support for our manager.

I'm all ears

you should read more of my posts to know where I stand on changing the manager of LFC.I support Liverpool Football Club not Brendan Rodgers.
      I will criticise him when I see him do stupid things which there are many and taking the club back two years to were we were when he arrived.
      He says he has the final say in transfers and he has bought players to the value of £212million in just over two years so he has his squad filled with his players so he has to stand by his team and its a results business and he can't rest on last seasons efforts they are just a dim and distant memory.
      You obviously don't have the courage to say what you think you hide behind lambasting the players his players.
      Brendan needs to work harder and talk to the media less and get some decent back room staff in .
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #456: Nov 01, 2014 04:23:19 pm
      Is it Br's fault that we lost today? Yes

Have BR been under performing like our players this season? YES

Do i still think he is the right man to take this club forward? YES,

He is still a great manager but he is just too stubborn. I don't mind losing time to time, ad long as BR learns from those losses.

It seems to me like he doesn't. That will be his fall, If he just stop being arrogant and see that his tactics or the players like Mario isn't performing. And he needs to go back to basics for a while, until we click as a team.

But I'm afraid last season's success has blinded our boss.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,548 posts | 1490 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #457: Nov 01, 2014 04:23:32 pm
      There's a total of six teams that could go above us after this weekend, depending upon how many they score in a win. We could be 14th by Tuesday, never mind a couple of weeks!
      True! and we could be staying there for a couple of weeks! Just really deflating having zero confidence in the team  :f_wah:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #458: Nov 01, 2014 04:24:04 pm
      Perhaps that's were he needs help, back room staff
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #459: Nov 01, 2014 04:25:09 pm
      And now I am questioning whether he has abandoned his vision of how football should be played. A vision he had when he first came in, selling the likes of Carrol and Adam and bringing in intelligent, mobile, quick players to play the football he wanted. But now, It's as If he has gone backwards and going against everything he was building for. The style of football, the selection etc, It's just so uncharacteristic of him.

He stuck to his guns with Carroll he didn't fit his idea of a football player. But now he is saddled with Mario hardly a sprinter either so what is his footballing philosophy, Has it changed?.
      If after last season Brendan had left and  anew manager had come in with these result then he would have been under pressure already.
      Taking out the Suarez element where the F**k has the football gone its painfully slow these days.

Quick Reply