Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Newcastle 1:0 Liverpool. In game & post game discussion.

Read 34287 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Re: Live: Newcastle V Liverpool
      Reply #460: Nov 01, 2014 04:27:35 pm
      Perhaps that's were he needs help, back room staff

Its becoming a very big question but again these are Brendan's choices
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #461: Nov 01, 2014 04:29:26 pm
      Is it Br's fault that we lost today? Yes

Have BR been under performing like our players this season? YES

Do i still think he is the right man to take this club forward? YES,

He is still a great manager but he is just too stubborn. I don't mind losing time to time, ad long as BR learns from those losses.

It seems to me like he doesn't. That will be his fall, If he just stop being arrogant and see that his tactics or the players like Mario isn't performing. And he needs to go back to basics for a while, until we click as a team.

But I'm afraid last season's success has blinded our boss.

explain me in what way he is a great manager and the man to take us forward ? how he has learned from the losses ? how our defensive is better than last season ? how he learned from spurs demise ? how ?

i simply cant understand how people are on the brendan bandwagon, when the man mocks us with his selection time and time again
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #462: Nov 01, 2014 04:31:25 pm
      you should read more of my posts to know where I stand on changing the manager of LFC.I support Liverpool Football Club not Brendan Rodgers.
      I will criticise him when I see him do stupid things which there are many and taking the club back two years to were we were when he arrived.
      He says he has the final say in transfers and he has bought players to the value of £212million in just over two years so he has his squad filled with his players so he has to stand by his team and its a results business and he can't rest on last seasons efforts they are just a dim and distant memory.
      You obviously don't have the courage to say what you think you hide behind lambasting the players his players.
      Brendan needs to work harder and talk to the media less and get some decent back room staff in .

You're having a laugh my friend, to say that I'm hiding behind anything. I am not the one afraid to say where I stand. I don't support Brendan getting sacked. Is Brendan to blame for our recent performances....YES! Are the players to share in that blame...YES!

See how easy that was? Now it's your turn Walt.....instead of hiding behind Brendan's quotes and his transfer budget and trying to shift attention to me, just say what you really believe and YOU have the courage to say what you believe. I won't be holding my breath for that honesty though ;)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #463: Nov 01, 2014 04:38:07 pm
      You're having a laugh my friend, to say that I'm hiding behind anything. I am not the one afraid to say where I stand. I don't support Brendan getting sacked. Is Brendan to blame for our recent performances....YES! Are the players to share in that blame...YES!

See how easy that was? Now it's your turn Walt.....instead of hiding behind Brendan's quotes and his transfer budget and trying to shift attention to me, just say what you really believe and YOU have the courage to say what you believe. I won't be holding my breath for that honesty though ;)

you can hold your breath till you go blue in the face I don't have to justify anything to you.If you cant be bothered to read all peoples posts then don't make half arsed judgements and then make ba hoo statements.
      Liverpool Football club prior to having American owners had in 47 years had 8 managers in 7 years of American management we have had 4 managers.
      I know how to support a manager I don't need any lessons thank you.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #464: Nov 01, 2014 04:40:29 pm
      Perhaps that's were he needs help, back room staff

I wonder what Rene Meulensteen is up to these days. Maybe we could get him in? :f_tongueincheek:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #465: Nov 01, 2014 04:41:18 pm
      you can hold your breath till you go blue in the face I don't have to justify anything to you.If you cant be bothered to read all peoples posts then don't make half arsed judgements and then make ba hoo statements.
      Liverpool Football club prior to having American owners had in 47 years had 8 managers in 7 years of American management we have had 4 managers.
      I know how to support a manager I don't need any lessons thank you.

Just as I thought, so I'll mark you down as wanting Brendan gone then. Sometimes silence is louder than words.

Thanks Walt.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #466: Nov 01, 2014 04:42:32 pm

That's the problem then...we just need to get rid of those pesky Americans and get us a nice Russian owner. Then we'll have one manager forever I suppose ;)

Or maybe some Arab owners...we know they don't like to change managers very much either.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #467: Nov 01, 2014 04:44:20 pm
      He stuck to his guns with Carroll he didn't fit his idea of a football player. But now he is saddled with Mario hardly a sprinter either so what is his footballing philosophy, Has it changed?.
      If after last season Brendan had left and  anew manager had come in with these result then he would have been under pressure already.
      Taking out the Suarez element where the f**k has the football gone its painfully slow these days.

now we really see brendan's real ability as a manager
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #468: Nov 01, 2014 04:52:55 pm
      Well that was ------ forgettable!
      Sadly, it's what we've come to expect this season. I never thought the Brendan Rodgers of last season would turn out a team so devoid of spirit and endeavour, so either the real Brendan has been taken by aliens or we have a real problem.
      Brendan has been described as a 'great' manager on here, maybe that's the problem, he's believing the hype. He's a'good' manager, but not yet a 'great' manager. I think he has quite some way to go to achieve that accolade!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #469: Nov 01, 2014 04:55:23 pm
      That's the problem then...we just need to get rid of those pesky Americans and get us a nice Russian owner. Then we'll have one manager forever I suppose ;)

Or maybe some Arab owners...we know they don't like to change managers very much either.

They know nothing about ''soccer'' so why not provide adequate funding to a trusted manager who has a proven track record?
       We are witnessing the results of financial constriction and forced economies on our fortunes.
      Nene
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #470: Nov 01, 2014 05:02:39 pm
      I don't think that was a serious post....

Hey, there's at least one person who does understand sarcasm. Good for you, mate.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #471: Nov 01, 2014 05:02:45 pm

just deal in facts and you cant go wrong. Care to compare Russian ownership of EPL clubs with that of Amercians care to ask Villa fans what they think.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #472: Nov 01, 2014 05:02:55 pm
      Here's a highlights video I just put on youtube if anyone wants to watch it.

http://youtu.be/38R0gJHnxDw

How do you embed?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #473: Nov 01, 2014 05:14:25 pm
      Gaffer got tactics right first half; keep ball, stifle opponents, all nice and tight.

Then, second half...

So we've kept a nice tight ship, solid like, so now we go looking for 3 points and

BAM! We're pressed, they walk into the 18 yard, and a defensive mistake results in us losing 0-1.

Sterling, Hendo, Johnson, were sh*te sh*te sh*te and the rest weren't much better

Sorry mate but Brendan got fck all right today .that  was as poor today as anything under the owl  and I never thought id say that in a hurry .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #474: Nov 01, 2014 05:19:02 pm
      Here's a highlights video I just put on youtube if anyone wants to watch it.

http://youtu.be/38R0gJHnxDw

How do you embed?
      Fck cant be a long vid best highlight of thst game was the ref putting us out of our misery.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #475: Nov 01, 2014 05:20:57 pm
      I think most of us can take the team losing ( it's part of football ), but when you are seeing displays week in week out which are devoid of any tempo, rhythm and more importantly an identity you have to be worried.
      At the moment I don't have a scooby of what type of football we are trying to play.

The team along with the boss just look lost.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #476: Nov 01, 2014 05:21:51 pm
      Fck cant be a long vid best highlight of thst game was the ref putting us out of our misery.

Yeah I know, just started a youtube channel to show all of the weekly matches highlights so thought i'd share
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #477: Nov 01, 2014 05:21:51 pm
      you know whats worst ? away at madrid on tuesday
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #478: Nov 01, 2014 05:23:13 pm
      What an awful game of football, not just by us but Newcastle also. Sometimes you can say teams just defended well and neither team could break each other down. But here it was more neither team trying to, never honestly been so bored watching a football match.

We're a hard watch at the minute, can't believe we're just months on from some of the best football I'd every seen from a Liverpool team!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #479: Nov 01, 2014 05:23:49 pm
      Amazing how the loss of two players has turned us into an average team. No attacking threat. No will to win. No fear factor.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #480: Nov 01, 2014 05:26:01 pm
      Amazing how the loss of two players has turned us into an average team. No attacking threat. No will to win. No fear factor.

One of the main things it's done for me is confirm just how poor some of the other players around them are. The lack of fight in some of these players is disgusting.

Also think some of them are jaded mentally now. When that starts to happen it's hard to drag them back up without a spark from somewhere, really does feel like this season will just be a slog from now on.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #481: Nov 01, 2014 05:28:20 pm
      One of the main things it's done for me is confirm just how poor some of the other players around them are. The lack of fight in some of these players is disgusting.

Also think some of them are jaded mentally now. When that starts to happen it's hard to drag them back up without a spark from somewhere, really does feel like this season will just be a slog from now on.

Agree the 3 CM were shocking, you can forgive Gerrard as he was at least trying. Henderson has been awful all season, and Allen well less said the better. That was the root of our issues today and in fact  has been most of the season.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #482: Nov 01, 2014 05:28:45 pm
      Yeah I know, just started a youtube channel to show all of the weekly matches highlights so thought i'd share
      Nice one lets hope things pick up and we can look forward to some nice vids instead of the horror movie we saw today .

Quick Reply