Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool 1:2 Chelsea. In game and post match déjà vu.

Read 46243 times
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Chelsea
      Reply #621: Nov 08, 2014 03:47:32 pm
      Not surprised we lost because we're basically sh*t until Sturridge returns. If we're still sh*t when he returns, then we're in trouble.

Don't think Chelsea are anything special, although they'll walk the league.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #622: Nov 08, 2014 03:50:27 pm
      I didn't watch it but I listened on 5 live and the constant theme was we made mistake after mistake.
      We can argue about selection and tactics but we cant blame Brendan for stupid mistakes
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,318 posts | 1672 
      Reply #623: Nov 08, 2014 03:52:15 pm
      You can pap on all you like about Can he was blowing out of his a## and for about 15 mins didnt touch it . Do some people not watch the game , if your going to bi*ch back it up same with moreno offered nothing hoing forward and his feeble attempt at that 50/50 is just s### sorry .
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #624: Nov 08, 2014 03:53:57 pm
      Not surprised we lost because we're basically sh*t until Sturridge returns. If we're still sh*t when he returns, then we're in trouble.

Don't think Chelsea are anything special, although they'll walk the league.

Chelsea aren't anything special but they have 3/4 special players. We have one and he's constantly injured.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #625: Nov 08, 2014 03:56:49 pm
      You can pap on all you like about Can he was blowing out of his a## and for about 15 mins didnt touch it .

At least he wasn't blowing out his arse from the first minute like most others
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #626: Nov 08, 2014 03:58:23 pm
      Question - There were rumours before the game that some petty fans would hold a protest, and have a plane flying overhead with a banner... you know... Man Utd style.

Did that happen? During the coverage, I could hear a plane.. just when Chelsea scored the 2nd goal..???
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #627: Nov 08, 2014 04:00:43 pm
      Question - There were rumours before the game that some petty fans would hold a protest, and have a plane flying overhead with a banner... you know... Man Utd style.

Did that happen? During the coverage, I could hear a plane.. just when Chelsea scored the 2nd goal..???
      I was wondering the same thing; the plane seemed to hang around for a bit too

Surely not.
      rossyred

• 9,318 posts | 1672 
      Reply #628: Nov 08, 2014 04:01:55 pm
      At least he wasn't blowing out his arse from the first minute like most others

Not having a dig just saying he had to go off when he did thats all Not a relation his he ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #629: Nov 08, 2014 04:04:37 pm
      Once again. Making one player a scapegoat when more or less everyone from back to front was poor. He won't score while he's not getting the ball in the right areas. But let's blame Mario. It's easier picking out one instead of all.

This
      Of course scapegoats are a distraction.
      Any solution is a deep rooted proposition, still insist BR is subject to boardroom/owner constriction.
      « Last Edit: Nov 08, 2014 04:16:16 pm by stuey »
      Sahara
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #630: Nov 08, 2014 04:06:10 pm
      Things can only get better at least, will be like a new team with Sturridge back.  Please no more Balo up front on his jack jones it don't work and never will, not doing him or the team any favours.  Though to be fair he was trying hard today.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #631: Nov 08, 2014 04:06:18 pm
      Not having a dig just saying he had to go off when he did thats all
      Just didn't like your tone; he's been injured a lot and is still trying to gain that match fitness.

Down boy. Touchy
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #632: Nov 08, 2014 04:11:14 pm
      wow, really thoughtful insight of our current state we're in, spot on mate ! time to get that poster of brendan down from your room

What is your consistent contribution wum?
      Negative comment that is only to the detriment to LFC.
      F***ing do one.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #633: Nov 08, 2014 04:13:16 pm
      Well another piss poor performance which is what I feared when I saw the starting line up. Despite what sh*t Brendan spouts it's quite clear there is no meritocracy here, dumping most of the players who performed admirably against the best team in the world. He brings back the same ip under performers from the Newcastle game and unsurprisingly we got the same shocking performances.
      Can someone explain to me the role of Gerrard in the team, he mostly seems to be trying to find Suarez and Sturridge on the pitch
      Henderson has been gash all season
      Lovren must surely rank as one of the worst CB's seen at LFC.
      Johnson I can't even be bothered.

sh*t tactics again when we are being over run in midfield because Gerrard is no where to be seen because he is either in the wrong place or too slow to react. Then on top of that we are chasing the game and He replaces our most likely source of a goal.
      Lallana must wonder what he is doing here not getting a run ahead of Henderson.

Crucial time coming up for Brendan if we don't start picking up points with the return of Sturridge there will be more than mutterings.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #634: Nov 08, 2014 04:15:32 pm
      What a load of sh*t served up today, Rodgers has sh*t on his own doorstep, doing what he did, and now must regret it, the was no way we were going to win with the way we are playing. Rogers took two of the Four players who were carrying the team, shocking taking Couthnio off our best player, Henderson, Balotelli were sh*t but Rogers left them on thought Sterling and Gerrard played well the rest were shocking
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Re: Liverpool 1:2 Chelsea. In game and post match déjà vu.
      Reply #635: Nov 08, 2014 04:25:06 pm
      Things can only get better at least, will be like a new team with Sturridge back.  Please no more Balo up front on his jack jones it don't work and never will, not doing him or the team any favours.  Though to be fair he was trying hard today.

when sturridge comes back how will this help our disasterous defence.
      Sahara
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #636: Nov 08, 2014 04:27:41 pm

It won't but at least we'll be a capable attacking force again.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #637: Nov 08, 2014 04:28:03 pm

And our disastrous midfield
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #638: Nov 08, 2014 04:31:22 pm
      It won't but at least we'll be a capable attacking force again.

who is going to supply him. we don't create chances.
      See its very easy  making bold statements isn't it but the reality is Daniel will not make a great deal  of difference
      rossyred

• 9,318 posts | 1672 
      Reply #639: Nov 08, 2014 04:33:40 pm
      Just didn't like your tone; he's been injured a lot and is still trying to gain that match fitness.
      Down boy. Touchy
      No tone just fact pal hes not fit enough and people saying he shouldnt be subbed are wrong
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #640: Nov 08, 2014 04:35:13 pm
      Down boy. Touchy
      No tone just fact pal hes not fit enough and people saying he shouldnt be subbed are wrong

how do you know he is not fit enough? is this your opinion or does he have a knock?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #641: Nov 08, 2014 04:37:37 pm
      Down boy. Touchy

No he's not fit enough, but then again, running around trying to plug the gaps Gerrard and Hendo are leaving is going to leave anyone blowing
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #642: Nov 08, 2014 04:37:55 pm
      What is your consistent contribution wum?
      Negative comment that is only to the detriment to LFC.
      F***ing do one.

;D
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #643: Nov 08, 2014 04:38:46 pm
      Well, that was F***ing shocking. Chelsea didn't even get out of second gear, in truth they didn't have to. The most common adjective i've been reading and hearing lately is that we are toothless and i have to say it is hard to disagree. Questions are starting to be asked of Brendan and in all honesty, despite the majority of posters questioning our loyalty to the Club when questioning our manager, they are questions that need F***ing answering and fast.

I'm not going to go into great detail about the display as there isn't really much to say, it's pretty much the same old same old every game and it is getting tiring. We want to see change and we are seeing none. Mignolet is so F***ing slow with his distribution and it is killing us, every time he collects the ball he stops, gives the calm down signal and before you know it the opposition are back in formation and set. He has got to realise he doesn't play for Sunderland anymore, we have players who relish the counter attack.

Lovren has been a major disappointment, cited by Rodgers as our new leader at the heart of the defence, he is as quiet as a F***ing mouse. He has no communication skills at all, you never see that leaders presence that was synonymous with Carragher. The decision to let Agger go is looking like a major bollock, as is the decision to let Reina go.

Please could somebody tell me what the F**k Glen Johnson is doing at this Club? He's a disgrace to the shirt and must be blowing Rodgers off as i see no other way that he could be selected for the first team. I've never liked Johnson, wastes the ball far too many times and never recovers when attacking, like he did for the second Chelsea goal. How the F**k we let Arbeloa go to bring this muppet in defies belief. Got no problem with Manquillo or Moreno, they are youngsters looking for leaders to show them the way but those leaders are absent.

I'm liking the look of Can but Rodgers seems reluctant to give him a continuous run in the side due to trying to keep the other 78 midfielders happy that are all vying for a starting spot. I just don't get where Rodgers is trying to go with this side. Henderson is regressing with every game that passes, so while Rodgers claims the praise when improving players he also needs to take the flak when those players regress. Gerrard is now starting to feel the weight bearing down on his shoulders as he struggles to adapt to life without Suarez and also the prolonged injury of Sturridge.

Before everyone starts slating Gerrard again, this is the same Gerrard that had the most assists in the entire Premier League last Season. He was on fire, it is no coincidence that the loss of Suarez and Sturridge in front of him has affected his game. Is Gerrard to blame for this or is it down to the standard of the players Rodgers has brought in to the Squad? If the players haven't got the game intelligence to match that of Gerrard then we will never utilise Gerrard's skillset to the maximum.

Lallana isn't the same Lallana that lit up the Premier League like he did at Southampton, as are both Lambert and Lovren? What is the reason for this when they are playing with better players now? There are players that need time to adapt and i understand that but there is no adaptation requirement for these three, they've played in this League long enough and have also come from a similar system to what Brendan deploys.

Then we come to the biggest problem of all. Mario Balotelli. Rodgers has come in for a lot of stick for signing him but to be honest i was looking forward to his arrival. While Mario is a fool to himself most of the time i do have a slight bit of sympathy for him regarding his current predicament. Balotelli is a beast of a player, but only when you play to his strengths. This lone striker role is no good for him and hasn't been any good for him throughout his career. We saw against Spurs what a handful he can be when he has a player playing around him, so i do sympathise when we are not playing to his strengths.

Why Brendan is persisting with Mario up top on his own when it is clearly not working is a question only he can answer. While i am not a lover of either Lambert or Borini (a player we were willing to offload), i would rather see either of these pair up with Balotelli than carry on as we are.

There are serious questions that need to be answered. Brendan needs to shut up and knuckle down because supporters don't want to hear excuses. I heard him whinging about not having enough time on the training pitch to put things right and i F***ing cringed. If there isn't enough time then you F***ing make time, you get the players to stay on for a few extra hours or as long as it takes to put it right. You get them in on their days off until they F***ing get it right.

No more excuses Brendan, time to show us your leadership skills. We are all behind you, make the changes needed and get us out of this mess. Identify your strongest eleven and persevere.

Quick Reply