Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: In game and post match fury

Read 55449 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Re: Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: In game and post match fury
      Reply #414: Nov 23, 2014 03:31:02 pm
      This is depressing. How many in a row have we not won?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #415: Nov 23, 2014 03:31:10 pm
      if you want mediocrity and a little hope now and then well FSG/Brendan are perfect.
      If you want Liverpool football club to get back to where RAFA took us to then FSG and Brendan both need to go but that's not going to happen so get used to it
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Live: Crystal Palace V Liverpool
      Reply #416: Nov 23, 2014 03:31:17 pm
      Shameful ... shameful performance. I said before the match if BR does not know how to link the midfield and attack, he''s simply accelerating his own departure. Look at his tactics, it has not changed at all from the last 5 pr 6 games and he continue with the rubbish tactics. He's a a very stubborn man for his own good.

We really need Kenny to come in and save the season, look at the body language of the players and it seems they have lost belief in themselves, BR as most probably lost the dressing room this very moment.

No movement of players into the fooking palace box, Cou running like a madman but no one to pass the ball to. What the hell did they do in training, I saw plenty of side and backpasses among the  defenders and its so fooking torturing to watch. At the moment we are like a relegation standard club. BR has simply lost the plot. 
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #417: Nov 23, 2014 03:31:20 pm
      Problem is, Rodgers has bought a squad of incredibly below-average players and this has made us into a terribly below average side.

You can't win things with sh*t players.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #418: Nov 23, 2014 03:31:47 pm
      whilst I cant stand the bloke sacking him would be a let off for FSG. Look at that team today and ask if it reflected a £120mil  summer spend and then ask if not why not.FSG/Ian Ayres.

We have failures at all levels of the club, owners, manager, coaches and players. I'm not sure how you fix all of those issues at once and we know that the quickest and most reactionary fix is always to sack the guy in charge. Not saying I want it to happen but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened and this is the first time I've actually considered that it might be a possibility.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #419: Nov 23, 2014 03:32:00 pm
      Shame Allen wasnt on pitch for all 3 goals or are you still watching Itv game
      How was it a shame; surely that would have countered your 'argument'? :dunce2:

Sorry - what is Itv game wossywed? Nerr... nerr... nerr. 

The joke I made about Ickle Joe and his head-gear could have been made about any of our players; should they have suffered the same fate. You along with others seem to have missed that - were you reading a different thread?

Maybe it just that none of you possess that famous Scouse sense of humour - you know; the same as those bastions of wit... Jimmy Tarbuck, Stan Boardman, Les Dennis and Tom O'Connor?   :lmao:

I'm still waiting to be enlightened as to what, you believe, I missed about Joe's obviously stand out contribution today btw. Creativity or defence?  Because you may well be right... just like I wrote earlier.  ;)

Just to be clear (and you can get someone to read this for you) - Joe Allen being the best of a bad lot isn't much of a compliment but... In the interest of harmony; I'll happily agree - Joe Allen was the best of a bad lot.  8)
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 159 
      Reply #420: Nov 23, 2014 03:32:09 pm
      the first ones who need to be sacked is the transfer committee first then Ayre
      and the last is the manager 
      jimmy_tries
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #421: Nov 23, 2014 03:32:57 pm
      Always darkest before the dawn and it's pitch f**king black at the moment.

Amen .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #422: Nov 23, 2014 03:33:05 pm
      Your opinion is negative and counter-productive.
      Have you considered it is exactly the same response a manc would make automatically?

How could you NOT be negative??
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #423: Nov 23, 2014 03:33:15 pm
      The manager drives the spirit of the team that's his job.

Yes I agree but the players have to take some responsibility. Brendan didn't tell them to miss easy chances, to pass to the opposition (we seem to do that regularly every game), to not communicate with each other when going for the same ball etc. etc.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #424: Nov 23, 2014 03:33:22 pm
      wtf do we do in training. 64% possession and 1 shot on target against a team or rejects managed by the footballing genius Neil warnick.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #425: Nov 23, 2014 03:33:24 pm
      Dalglish bought us Downing and Carroll, his transfers or tactics were no better. However, he did win a trophy so what do I know?! Brendan deserves until the end of the season before making a knee jerk decision like sacking him.

do you want to compare signings.Kenny won a trophy and got to another final Brendan had the best striking partnership in Europe and blew it because he  cannot set up a defence
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #426: Nov 23, 2014 03:33:39 pm
      Our worst league start in 22 years and four defeats in a row.

1 shot on goal, defence still a shambles, out of form players continuing to be selected.

No doubt we are in free fall now!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #427: Nov 23, 2014 03:34:05 pm
      Yes I agree but the players have to take some responsibility. Brendan didn't tell them to miss easy chances, to pass to the opposition (we seem to do that regularly every game), to not communicate with each other when going for the same ball etc. etc.
      But the ones doing that shouldn't be on the pitch, and that is Brendan's responsibility.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #428: Nov 23, 2014 03:34:52 pm
      How could you NOT be negative??

if you have your head buried in the sand .Even Jamie is negative so I take my lead from him.The manager has lost the dressing room
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #429: Nov 23, 2014 03:35:04 pm
      Embarrassing.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #430: Nov 23, 2014 03:35:09 pm
      Carra even acknowledging something is wrong in the club this season.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #431: Nov 23, 2014 03:35:40 pm
      Our worst league start in 22 years and four defeats in a row.

1 shot on goal, defence still a shambles, out of form players continuing to be selected.

No doubt we are in free fall now!

bring back Roy.
      Its a F***ing shambles form top to bottom
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #432: Nov 23, 2014 03:36:12 pm
      That was a very concerning last twenty minutes for Brendan that's for sure. Up to that point things had gone pretty much as could be expected, a difficult place to go and us not playing well leading to a very tight match. Funnily enough we probably had our best spell before they got their second goal, but after that there was a throwing in of the towel which was very sad. Very little passion or fight from any of our players, and never at any point did we look like we had the collective will to turn things around.

Nobody can say that Palace didn't deserve to win, and given they are a hardworking but ultimately poor side we need to take a long hard look at how we are playing, and which lads in the squad have a bit of character before we pick the team from now on. I would have thought though that a defeat against Ludogretz followed by anything other than wins in our next two league matches could see the finger on the trigger as far as the manager is concerned. I personally think that would/will be a huge mistake, but I can't see the owners being happy to see us stumble along as we are for too much longer.
      jonny888
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #433: Nov 23, 2014 03:36:28 pm
      Have you considered it is exactly the same response a manc would make automatically?

Mind you, it is hard to find something positive and productive to say about the recent performances.

ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #434: Nov 23, 2014 03:36:38 pm
      Can BR last till the end of this season? It's was in his hands, but I think he is now on borrowed time.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #435: Nov 23, 2014 03:36:52 pm
      Dalglish bought us Downing and Carroll, his transfers or tactics were no better. However, he did win a trophy so what do I know?! Brendan deserves until the end of the season before making a knee jerk decision like sacking him.

Any mention of Comolli with regard to Downing or Carroll?
      Of course, not he was an FSG appointment and you wouldn't want to criticise anything that doesn't damn LFC.
      No surprise you count to a million.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #436: Nov 23, 2014 03:36:53 pm

You being serious? :lmao:

Surely you've read this forum for the past couple of months... Nothing I said in that post was incorrect, nor was it intended to counter-productive. Not sure how the 'manc' point is relevant. Have you considered though that most posts in this thread today have been negative and counter-productive? Barely seen any positive comments on any topic other than the goal. Go moan to and insult somebody else.

Quick Reply