Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: In game and post match fury

Read 54936 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Re: Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: In game and post match fury
      Reply #552: Nov 23, 2014 07:05:49 pm
      Bad result, and performance. Were to start.

Have we become more 'flexible' on playing the ball out of defense? We very rarely belt it up the park but thought today we put the foot through it more than usual. Not necessarily a bad thing, but we lost possession on a lot of Migs kickouts (did one of the CP goals come after a sloppy Migs clearance)? Don't know if BR said mix it up, punt it to Rickie a bit more - but it didn't work.

Up front, apart from the goal, it was more young lad fumbling with the bra strap. We're trying, but it's hard to understand (even after loosing Luis and being without Studge) how clueless we now look in the final third. Rickie is struggling. Borini is f**king sh*te pure and simple, has no striking instincts. Mario and Studge injured - were the f**k are the goals going to come from?! Anyone that thinks we don't need surgery up front in January, might be time to think again.

Defense, Skyrtel's pulling and f**king dragging cost us the freekick, but it was a great finish. And Jonno - was surprised he started, but his body language is saying 'jayzus, another game down, check please'. There's quite a few things I don't lay at the feet of BR, but in defense we have the personnel to improve, just don't think he has a bog how to fix it.

In the middle, Sterling is imo out of form, poor at the moment. SG is mixed. Coutinho and Lallana I thought did well. Coutinho my MOTM, the lad never stops trying, probing for chances. Allen did well enough too. Can, not enough time.
      Don't know what the final possession stats were, but imagine we had a fair bit more - which to me says we are not a basket case in the middle - we're just not making the most of the majority f**king possession we have ... back to the 'Up front' para.

Did the heads go down when we went behind? Maybe some - but when you look at our options up front, maybe players doubt our ability to score to get back in it. They shouldn't, but they're only human. Imo still think if we could sort out the final third, we would see a different side - capitalise on possession, put the opposition more on the back foot - at the moment, the opposition defense doesn't need to give two shits about Mario/Rickie/Fabio.

Last - that said about our impotence up front - today was a worry. The players aren't idiots - they know they're struggling to score - they'll look to the manager to tweak things - tactics, formation, whatever. And at the moment, BR is coming up short. Tough for BR though imo, cause until Studge comes back, or FSG wave a check book in January, his hands are tied (refer back to striker signings complete f**king debacle discussion) - there is no magic wand. I don't think bringing in Lucas, playing Borini & Lambert, starting Can etc etc is going to make much difference to us getting more goals. In saying that, the defense is definitely somewhere we could improve on with existing personnel - he doesn't have the same 'out' there.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #553: Nov 23, 2014 07:09:12 pm
      Gerrards form could be down to he is fed up with everything and isn't hungry anymore. Think about it.
      We were so closed last season, and we all know how desperately stevie wants to win the league. And perhaps he is still thinking of that slip against Chelsea.

Then he has a poor world cup, we sell our best player and none of our new signings are big name signings. We have a poor start to our season, and now he realise that we aren't good enough to win the title.

The fans are moaning, the manager is struggling and we don't have one world class player in our squad. Maybe stevie thinks F**k it. I am tired of all this shitt, let me just play the game and keep getting my paychecks.

Think about it, stevie have seen this pattern over and over again through years and managers. Maybe he is tired of this all?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #554: Nov 23, 2014 07:14:44 pm
      Gerrards form could be down to he is fed up with everything and isn't hungry anymore. Think about it.
      We were so closed last season, and we all know how desperately stevie wants to win the league. And perhaps he is still thinking of that slip against Chelsea.

Then he has a poor world cup, we sell our best player and none of our new signings are big name signings. We have a poor start to our season, and now he realise that we aren't good enough to win the title.

The fans are moaning, the manager is struggling and we don't have one world class player in our squad. Maybe stevie thinks f**k it. I am tired of all this shitt, let me just play the game and keep getting my paychecks.

Think about it, stevie have seen this pattern over and over again through years and managers. Maybe he is tired of this all?

If the manager feels he's thinking that way, he should drop him.
      Imo SG is not playing great - but he's a model professional, he'll try his best.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #555: Nov 23, 2014 07:16:45 pm
      Reasons To Be Cheerful  No.2.

Lambert's strike was class.
      Very Fowler  / Rush.

Bet the lad was made up.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #556: Nov 23, 2014 07:16:56 pm

The fans are moaning, the manager is struggling and we don't have one world class player in our squad. Maybe stevie thinks F**k it. I am tired of all this shitt, let me just play the game and keep getting my paychecks.

Then he's not as world class as he think's if he thinks like that!!

The problem is his insistence in playing this "quarterback" role is actually harming the team and it need's sorting pronto.

He isn't and has never been a defensive midfielder, he doesn't win enough of the ball or have the same passing range as Pirlo to play that role. I'd rather play Lucas there and move him further up the field were he can be more effective.

That would also mean a little bit more bench time for Gerrard, but seeing as "no player is bigger than the club" that shouldn't be a problem for Steven. But would his ego take it?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #557: Nov 23, 2014 07:17:56 pm
      I've reached the point where I'm just numb, I simply can't believe that a manager can be so fecking useless, surely he's now looking for the sack and a tasty settlement.
      2 players should never start a game again unless there no other options, they are Stevie and Glen. Stevie can maybe come on as an impact sub but based on the fact that he can't get a shot on target these days probably not even then. Why on earth we are playing Glen Johnson is an utter mystery to me, he is by a long way our worst defender.

Bottom line we need to get rid of Brendan before we end up in a relegation battle, it really is that bad.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #558: Nov 23, 2014 07:20:43 pm
      brendan never had a clue about tactics , liverpool football club is simply way out of brendan's league, he's a decent mid-table team manager
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #559: Nov 23, 2014 07:27:46 pm

Hardly surprising is it?

You said it.
      The Media have said it.
      Rodent Poster has said it .
      Uncle Tom Cobley and all has said it .

"Maybe that slip against Chelsea".

Pearce missed an England penalty on the biggest stage but got redemption.
      Terry missed a penalty for the Scum to get their third CL Cup. He got his redemption when they did win it.

Stevie with Rodgers has little or no chance of turning any clock back. No redemption possible now.
      It was our best chance in many years and Rodgers blew it !

Can I please get this through some f**king heads.
      Rodgers was the manager. The lads follow his directions. Hes the gaffer.  Is that correct?

We only needed a draw against Chelsea . Why did Rodgers have the team chasing a win?

We only needed a win against Palace.
      Why when we were three up did Rodgers not close off the game with 11 minutes to go?

Those results were down to Rodgers tactics. No one else is to blame. The team follow orders.
      Just as they did in the thirty odd other games when we had inexperienced substitutions and rookie tactics over the WHOLE season.
      Unecessary draws and stupid points dropped.
      Including leaking the 50 goals that were put into our net.

Stevie was playing for the one medal he didn't have.
      Stevie was playing in his heart for the 96 in their 25th year .....    and all the progress that had been made.
      It was the stuff of Roy Of The Rovers for his career.
      The one club local scally from Huyton.
      The club he dreamed of playing for since an 8 year old kid on the Bluebell.

What the f**k does anyone think when that kind of sh*t is dumped on Stevies head and even this week squirming  Rodgers is making subtle hints that it was the Chelsea game that lost it.

Stevie has been crucified and hung out to dry .

Is it any wonder his head and maybe heart has probably gone.

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2014 07:42:57 pm by eurored »
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #560: Nov 23, 2014 07:36:34 pm
      keep saying to myself and here
       why insist on playing gerrard so deep?
       he is much, much better when he plays more advanced, even if he plays less minutes, its useless to play hm every game and not getting the best out of our captain
       don't think we signed sh*t players as many think, its just they have not fitted in  or they are not being utilized properly
       don't think southampton signed better players than we did , but they all fitted immediately

another thing is Mignolet-skrtel-johnson-gerrard -allen -sterling-henderson, were all here last season and cant say they all were that bad  either,  I don't believe the departure of Luis caused all this out of form of ALL the players all of a sudden
        carra said something is wrong in the dressing room , and I somehow believe that
           more of the same on wednesday and we will be out of the CL too
          we are in the roy's situation again at the moment,

YNWA
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #561: Nov 23, 2014 08:02:01 pm
      Right, our team looks average and we don't have the quality required to compete, plus the coaching and team selections look to be fu**ed up, all season.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #562: Nov 23, 2014 08:08:02 pm
      Another game from a team full of headless chickens...picked by Rogers , coached by Rogers..
      He's ran out of ideas i'm afraid...

ray of shimmering light was Lambert's goal and performance.. but i'm sorry he's not the answer..

I'm numb with disbelief at how really sh*t we actually we're today...

Like i said...headless chickens the lot of them !!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #563: Nov 23, 2014 08:13:28 pm
      Was just seeing how many I could get running to Google.

Carragher just nailed it on Sky. No fight, no leaders, no communication.

Carragher; I'd wish he'd keep his trap shut, it's easy to say stuff in hindsight, be the big expert and state the obvious, he comes out with some stupid sh*t. Mr know it all just because he was a half decent defender.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #564: Nov 23, 2014 08:18:30 pm
      Carragher; I'd wish he'd keep his trap shut, it's easy to say stuff in hindsight, be the big expert and state the obvious, he comes out with some stupid sh*t. Mr know it all just because he was a half decent defender.

How I'd have loved him out there today. And last season, we'd have won the league even if he was just in the squad.

He's not a know it all and doesn't claim to be he just pointed out harsh truths.

There are no leaders and there is no communication out there. It's a mess. An amateur level mess at times.

Put Carra on the training staff and people would soon buck their ideas up.

bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #565: Nov 23, 2014 08:22:07 pm
      What hurt me most was Martin (Kelly) saying we (Palace) wanted it more than you, how right he was.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #566: Nov 23, 2014 08:26:56 pm
      Hardly surprising is it?

You said it.
      The Media have said it.
      Rodent Poster has said it .
      Uncle Tom Cobley and all has said it .

"Maybe that slip against Chelsea".

Pearce missed an England penalty on the biggest stage but got redemption.
      Terry missed a penalty for the Scum to get their third CL Cup. He got his redemption when they did win it.

Stevie with Rodgers has little or no chance of turning any clock back. No redemption possible now.
      It was our best chance in many years and Rodgers blew it !

Can I please get this through some f**king heads.
      Rodgers was the manager. The lads follow his directions. Hes the gaffer.  Is that correct?

We only needed a draw against Chelsea . Why did Rodgers have the team chasing a win?

We only needed a win against Palace.
      Why when we were three up did Rodgers not close off the game with 11 minutes to go?

Those results were down to Rodgers tactics. No one else is to blame. The team follow orders.
      Just as they did in the thirty odd other games when we had inexperienced substitutions and rookie tactics over the WHOLE season.
      Unecessary draws and stupid points dropped.
      Including leaking the 50 goals that were put into our net.

Stevie was playing for the one medal he didn't have.
      Stevie was playing in his heart for the 96 in their 25th year .....    and all the progress that had been made.
      It was the stuff of Roy Of The Rovers for his career.
      The one club local scally from Huyton.
      The club he dreamed of playing for since an 8 year old kid on the Bluebell.

What the f**k does anyone think when that kind of sh*t is dumped on Stevies head and even this week squirming  Rodgers is making subtle hints that it was the Chelsea game that lost it.

Stevie has been crucified and hung out to dry .

Is it any wonder his head and maybe heart has probably gone.

An excellent post eurored but i fear you are banging your head against a brick wall here mate.

It is vile and disgusting, the sh*t that Gerrard is getting on this forum. That slip against Chelsea never cost us the League, it's just easier for people to say this than accept the fact that since Steve Clarke left our defence has been utter sh*te.

Some of the stuff written about Gerrard has turned my stomach, a disgusting attitude to one of the greatest players of all time.

To think that people would rather criticise Gerrard than blame Rodgers fills me with utter contempt, but hell no, nobody should dare speak ill of the 'tiki taka' master.

What happened last Season was a freak Season created by a freak player. That player was Suarez. This Season has seen the manager cruelly exposed.

I don't want Brendan to fail, i want him to succeed. I have to say this though, the excuses he has come up with this Season have been f**king embarassing, the one about not having enough training time is absolutely f**king pathetic. Clutching at f**king straws isn't even the beginning of it.

Brendan needs to shut the f**k up and sort out the many problems that he has helped to create. Liverpool managers do not whinge, they don't moan like pussies, they f**king get on with it.

If he doesn't bite the bullet and get in help for defensive training then he will himself get the bullet. He has to be man enough to admit he cannot cope and then get himself some help.

I know i keep banging on about Pascoe but he has to f**king go. Brendan has to cut him loose and get somebody experienced in who can deal with the pressures of managing a massive Club.

That game today was embarassing, that was the first time i have ever fallen asleep watching a game, it was farcical. As supporters we look to our manager as our leader, the man who steers us through troubled waters, we are in danger of sinking.c

I did say that under Rodgers, after the signings of Allen, Borini etc., coupled with his pass at all costs strategy that we were turning into a mini Arsenal. A bunch of fancy passers with no balls, that is exactly what is happening.

At this rate we are turning into Pansypool.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #567: Nov 23, 2014 08:31:49 pm
      How I'd have loved him out there today. And last season, we'd have won the league even if he was just in the squad.

He's not a know it all and doesn't claim to be he just pointed out harsh truths.

There are no leaders and there is no communication out there. It's a mess. An amateur level mess at times.

I thought the half decent defender was a good one.Even John Terry said he was the best CB in the league.
      So now we are having a pop at stevie and Jamie what is it hunt a scouser a day.
      Carragher would never put up with the lack of emotion or effort your right mate Brendan needs him at Melwood tomorrow.
      Not a F***ing chance though .
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #568: Nov 23, 2014 08:36:16 pm

Why should he keep his trap shut? How much do you think he is hurting watching us fall from grace? It a character of his ilk that we badly need in the heart of that defence, he is the epitome of being a leader.

The funny thing is this, if you said all that to his face he'd rip your throat out and then possibly eat it.

A half decent defender? F**k off.

A fighter. A warrior. A leader of men.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #569: Nov 23, 2014 08:37:34 pm
      Mig wasn't to blame for anything today
      Skrtel won 0 tackles
      Lovren did something weird for that Bolassie run and cross
      Not sure whether to replace both with Toure and Sakho when fit or play 3 at the back. I am leaning for the latter as Toure and Sakho have mistakes in them as well. We have full backs more suited to 352 than last year
      Johnson was ok for him but he really needs moving on
      Manquillo tried his best. He is far from our biggest problem
      Glad Lallana and Lambert got their assist and goal. They should keep their place
      Gerrard won 0 tackles. He needs to be dropped. I don't think he is finished actually but he is playing badly and needs to fight for his place.
      Coutinho was very good at times but his control can let him down
      Sterling was terrible

Can we please start with Lucas, Moreno/Enrique, Toure and Can on wednesday? We need a draw. I hope Rodgers pulls this back. He is a fine manager in a bad situation
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #570: Nov 23, 2014 08:37:56 pm

to be fair Mignolet might be better
      Spelling mistakes really are the least of our problems right now!   :couch:

As much as I'm heartbroken this season, thanks for this comic relief, genius. ;D
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #571: Nov 23, 2014 08:39:36 pm

Bang on mate. Once these people realise that the buck stops with Rodgers then maybe there will be acceptance.

I can't believe the amount of posters on here who think Rodgers is to be totally absolved of any blame here.

F**k me! They're even blaming Carragher now!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #572: Nov 23, 2014 08:42:07 pm
      Our entire defence is not Premier ship quality. Kolo Toure, Flanagan and Moreno need to start, Skrtel needs a leader alongside him to help him because he has no brain.
      I think we are missing a Jamie Carragher far more than any striker.

I'm starting to worry that it's not just the defense it's the whole midfield and definitely attack too
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2014 09:05:14 pm by fishpie »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #573: Nov 23, 2014 08:42:43 pm
      Bang on mate. Once these people realise that the buck stops with Rodgers then maybe there will be acceptance.

I can't believe the amount of posters on here who think Rodgers is to be totally absolved of any blame here.

F**k me! They're even blaming Carragher now!

Instead of us getting AVB we got ABB Anyone but Brendan. Brendan and FSG are absolutely to blame one makes policy one carries it out willingly.He also has in his squad a number of players he has tried to get shut of so I really do not think he has a happy camp and todays inept passionless performance say he has lost the dressing room
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #574: Nov 23, 2014 08:44:04 pm
      I'm starting to worry that it's not just the defense it's the whole misfiled and definitely attack too

you won't get many arguing with you that the entire team are way off what is expected at this club

Quick Reply