Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM?

Simon Mignolet
      10 (12.8%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Javi Manquillo
      1 (1.3%)
      Glen Johnson
      1 (1.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      24 (30.8%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (2.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      8 (10.3%)
      Raheem Sterling
      13 (16.7%)
      Steven Gerrard
      1 (1.3%)
      Rickie Lambert
      16 (20.5%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: Nov 29, 2014 10:07:53 pm

Ludogorets Razgrad 2-2 Liverpool: In Game and Post Match Dirty Sheet

Read 32545 times
      CHOW87
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Re: Ludogorets Razgrad 2-2 Liverpool: In Game and Post Match Dirty Sheet
      Reply #598: Nov 26, 2014 10:12:30 pm
      Hopefully Basel 2014 can be the equivalent of Olympiakos 2004 and kickstart our season. Struggling to see who can be our talisman this time around though.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #599: Nov 26, 2014 10:12:36 pm
      It's not all doom n gloom though. I fancy us to beat Basle in the final game with the full backing of an Anfield crowd and biggest plus for me was Lambert. He was excellent tonight, did a great job glueing the ball no matter what height it came into him, he brought others into play, rarely gave it away, scored again and should have the shirt nailed from here on in as far as I'm concerned.

Keep him in the side, play a little more direct at times (ideally into his feet) and get our skill players (Sterling, Coutinho and Lambert) buzzing in, around and beyond the big man.

Good point. Lambert is definitely better.

Also, I saw some positives today - admittedly not many.

1. Sterling was running and making passes (such as the Henderson goal). This was similar to last year play.
      2. Gerrard was better playing up front rather than as a 5th defender. I am not saying I want him to play full 90 minutes. Perhaps, Can/Coutinho/Lallana would be good too but it was better than the cr@p we have seen so far.
      3. Lambert is definitely better than Balotelli and bring other players into the game more.

I won't mention the defence or our habit of sitting deep when we lead.

It's not all bed of roses but better than last Sunday. Now, I need BR to be man enough and play some of the other players sitting on the bench today and *NOT* ever play Johnson.

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #600: Nov 26, 2014 10:13:27 pm
      Rodgers: Great effort by the players tonight I thought they were outstanding.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #601: Nov 26, 2014 10:13:56 pm
      Any omens we can look for?.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #602: Nov 26, 2014 10:16:24 pm
      Gerrard should not be in the team. I believe that we would have won with Lallana or Borini in lieu of Gerrard. I do not know what is going on between Brendan and Gerrard but this is becoming absurd...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #603: Nov 26, 2014 10:17:31 pm
      Rodgers: Great effort by the players tonight I thought they were outstanding.

Did anyone hear Brendan Rodgers' post-match interview. 

Is he taking the f**king piss?

"We spoke before the game that this needs to be The Night To Change Our Season "
      This is a real Confidence Boost for us, because Ludogorets are a really difficult team to play against."

:lmao:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #604: Nov 26, 2014 10:18:21 pm
      Don't think I can pick a MOTM. Maybe Lambert he did ok up front. Sterling was ok. Rest were tosh.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #605: Nov 26, 2014 10:18:30 pm

"We spoke before the game that this needs to be the night to change our season "
      This is a real Confidence Boost for us, because Ludogorets are a really difficult team to play against."

He is taking lessons from Woy on how to give interviews. He is under real pressure.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #606: Nov 26, 2014 10:19:09 pm

"We spoke before the game that this needs to be The Night To Change Our Season "

F**k me he's really grasping at straws isn't he.
      botshopclub
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #607: Nov 26, 2014 10:19:58 pm
      Hi folks Bulgarian mate here. I really want to congrats you for the tough fight an the point despite of lack of real players.
      Defense  saved your asses. But praise the BG team  too for an outstanding game. Not too much asking i hope. Wish  you best luck against Basel - you`ll need it.
      P.S.
       Kinda hard to register here ;D!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #608: Nov 26, 2014 10:21:28 pm
      Brendan should have said "Let's be honest, we were sh!t". That way, everyone on here would have been happy.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #609: Nov 26, 2014 10:21:39 pm
      even though we beat basel and qualify , this team is getting nowhere in Europe especially with this comical defending .
      if we get come third are we through to europa league ?
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #610: Nov 26, 2014 10:23:09 pm
      To be fair to Brendan you probably shouldn't go from the very downbeat and honest appraisal that we saw after the Palace game at the weekend to sticking the boot In to the players once again three days later. Whilst have been pissed at some his post match pressers this season I also appreciate that it was better to be positive after tonight's result (that still keeps our qualification in our own hands). Also you heard Lambert and Henderson after the match, again very positive and a good vibe coming from them which was encouraging when you consider team spirit. It would have been counter productive for the manager to slag the players and send a completely different message after them don't you all think?
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #611: Nov 26, 2014 10:23:16 pm
      even though we beat basel and qualify , this team is getting nowhere in Europe especially with this comical defending .
      if we get come third are we through to europa league ?

yes
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #612: Nov 26, 2014 10:24:12 pm
      To be fair to Brendan you probably shouldn't go from the very downbeat and honest appraisal that we saw after the Palace game at the weekend to sticking the boot In to the players once again three days later. Whilst have been pissed at some his post match pressers this season I also appreciate that it was better to be positive after tonight's result (that still keeps our qualification in our own hands). Also you heard Lambert and Henderson after the match, again very positive and a good vibe coming from them which was encouraging when you consider team spirit. It would have been counter productive for the manager to slag the players and send a completely different message after them don't you all think?

hopefully this is the reason for the strange message
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #613: Nov 26, 2014 10:24:16 pm
      Brendan should have said "Let's be honest, we were sh!t". That way, everyone on here would have been happy.

Aye, not a bad shout Mick, will stop us calling him out like :D

Just own up and admit we were piss poor, I'll respect him much greater.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #614: Nov 26, 2014 10:24:40 pm
      GARY NEVILLE'S VERDICT

It’s ended the night in disappointment for them but I think that’s a step forward for Liverpool. You don’t go from being as bad as they were on Sunday, as low as they were, to straight away thinking they’re going to be fantastic.
      It’s about small steps, and that was a small step tonight. They’re still in the Champions League, they’ve got Stoke, Leicester and Sunderland before they play the next game versus Basel and then against Manchester United.

They’ve got an opportunity to pick themselves up, thinking they’ve come away from there still in the Champions League. If they’d gone out tonight people would have been queuing up, probably including ourselves, to be very critical if Liverpool had lost. The pressure was building on the manager, building on the players, so I think that’s a small step forwards tonight and a good result for them.

He's a bloody Manc and he's more positive than half you lot.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #615: Nov 26, 2014 10:25:37 pm
      Couldn't believe it when he took Sterling off.. Why?.. he had "Tummy ache" apparently according to BR.. mind you saying that..all Sterling did tonight was run,dribble,run,dribble,run then fall down....
      and where the f**k was £20m Markovic?.. he wasn't even on the bench..! WTF is up with him?....another Aquilani he is...

No creativity whatsoever..  and I don't see where it's going to come from...

Don't be surprised if he puts Gerrard in goal against Stoke... :mad:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #616: Nov 26, 2014 10:26:13 pm
      Aye, not a bad shout Mick, will stop us calling him out like :D

Just own up and admit we were piss poor, I'll respect him much greater.

The point is mate, they aren't a bad side at all. We gave them a one goal start, and from there the performance and the result wasn't too bad by any stretch.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #617: Nov 26, 2014 10:26:35 pm
      Considering where we are coming from a 3-1 loss to Palace up against a team that only lost 2-1 to Real people are expecting too much too quickly there was good signs and the usual defensive problems.

Where I think Rodgers got his tactics wrong was his substitutions and we possibly lost the match around the 65-70mins when you could see Gerrard and Lambert were out on their feet.  A Lallana injection there you never know but instead he decides to bring on Moreno, who incidentally cowardly pulled out of challenging for the header at the near corner on the 2nd goal, but even then we had 5 players around the boy who got his head on the ball........!

End of the day we are still alive and we have stopped the rot of losing, you know the saying about from small acorns and all that.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #618: Nov 26, 2014 10:26:39 pm
      GARY NEVILLE'S VERDICT

It’s ended the night in disappointment for them but I think that’s a step forward for Liverpool. You don’t go from being as bad as they were on Sunday, as low as they were, to straight away thinking they’re going to be fantastic.
      It’s about small steps, and that was a small step tonight. They’re still in the Champions League, they’ve got Stoke, Leicester and Sunderland before they play the next game versus Basel and then against Manchester United.

They’ve got an opportunity to pick themselves up, thinking they’ve come away from there still in the Champions League. If they’d gone out tonight people would have been queuing up, probably including ourselves, to be very critical if Liverpool had lost. The pressure was building on the manager, building on the players, so I think that’s a small step forwards tonight and a good result for them.

He's a bloody Manc and he's more positive than half you lot.
      That's because he doesn't love and care for the club
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #619: Nov 26, 2014 10:27:48 pm
      Second interview there was good, well said boss.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #620: Nov 26, 2014 10:28:01 pm
      Why is Gerrard, at 34, playing 90 minutes in every game he starts.

Quick Reply