Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. How will LFC get on against Leicester City?

Liverpool win
      63 (85.1%)
      Draw
      8 (10.8%)
      Leicester win
      3 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: Dec 02, 2014 10:44:36 pm

Leicester v Liverpool Tuesday 2nd December 7:45 Kick Off

Read 5380 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 309 posts | 43 
      Leicester v Liverpool Tuesday 2nd December 7:45 Kick Off
      Nov 30, 2014 05:48:51 pm
      We travel to a the King Power stadium on Tuesday after our 1-0 victory over Stoke on Saturday.

A win could lift us up to 8th, depending on other results.

I would stick with almost the same team as against Stoke, with Can coming in for Allen and Gerrard coming in for Coutinho:

Mignolet

Johnson
      Skrtel
      Toure
      Enrique

Lucas
      Can

Henderson
      Gerrard (c)
      Sterling

Lambert

Subs: Jones; Lovren, Moreno; Allen; Lallana, Coutinho; Balotelli.

If Balotelli isn't fit enough to make the squad I would have Borini on the bench.

I can see us building on the Stoke result and winning this one 2-0 with Lambert and Skrtel scoring the goals!

YNWA!

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: Leicester v Liverpool Tuesday 2nd December 7:45 Kick Off
      Reply #1: Nov 30, 2014 06:24:00 pm
      3 easy points here, it's good that we have such an easy schedule, the players should boost their confidence ahead of the game against basel :)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #2: Nov 30, 2014 06:33:50 pm
      2 wins on the trot would be amazing
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #3: Nov 30, 2014 07:05:41 pm
      I'd change a few things but keep the spine of this weekend's team mostly intact. Now I know Rodgers won't do this, it's just what I would do in his place:

Jones

Johnson    Skrtel    Toure     Enrique

Lucas    Can

Henderson    Coutinho     Lallana

Lambert

Even if Mario is fit I'd be inclined to keep him out of the side until Sturridge is back because Lambert seems to operate as a lone striker better than he does. Sterling looks like he needs a break and bringing Can in is just to give the lad game time against an opposition there should be (under normal circumstances) no doubt we will beat. Same thing with Johnson and Enrique because I want to save Manquillo and Moreno for tougher opposition. Gerrard should be used as an impact sub coming on for Coutinho when he gets tired.

In any other season I wouldn't even dream of putting this side out or this formation, I'd be looking to smash them right back in to the Championship but given the way our season has gone, another clean sheet and especially another win have to take precedence over anything. Confidence still hangs by a thread and it wouldn't take much for it to fall.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4416 
      Reply #4: Nov 30, 2014 07:44:40 pm
      Why is everybody so keen to dump Allen he has done more in the last 2 games than Henderson!
      anik123
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      £3 Parking and Pub for Leicester Away
      Reply #5: Nov 30, 2014 07:44:59 pm
      Hi Guys,

I wanted to inform you of our great offer for away supporters travelling to the King Power stadium. The Huntsman is a pub situated a 10 minute walk from the King Power on Narborough Road and is the first pub when arriving into Leicester off Junction 21. We have a large 40 space car park which is suitable for minivans as well.

We always welcome away fans to the pub and we will also be showing the game on BT SPORT. As the management, we are especially looking forward to this game as we are also Liverpool fans :)

MATCH DAY PARKING OFFER
      £3 all day parking
      Special offers on all drinks
      £2.50 Carling and Fosters!

Full Address
      The Huntsman Pub (Next to Iceland)
      203 Narborough Road
      Leicester
      LE3 0PE

Kind Regards

Nick
      The Huntsman Pub
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #6: Nov 30, 2014 07:47:28 pm
      Why is everybody so keen to dump Allen he has done more in the last 2 games than Henderson!

He was barely seen against Stoke though, Henderson at least closed down yesterday and won the ball back a fair bit.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #7: Nov 30, 2014 07:49:22 pm

No he hasn't. Joe Allen as much as I like the kid offers next to nothing in all areas, sometimes I don't even know he's playing, that's a bad sign.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,717 posts | 3723 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #8: Nov 30, 2014 08:48:50 pm
      Mignolet

Johnson
      Skrtel
      Toure
      Enrique

Lucas
      Allen

Lallana
      Gerrard (c)
      Sterling

Lambert
      JayC1560
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #9: Nov 30, 2014 08:54:48 pm
      3 easy points here, it's good that we have such an easy schedule, the players should boost their confidence ahead of the game against basel :)

Not true in the slightest, no games are easy in this league.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Nov 30, 2014 09:24:25 pm
      My first away game this season, but will seem like a home game, living so close, Leicester, bottom of the table should be there for the taking, but won't take anything for granted, be a fab night to grab three points though, so looking to stamp our mark early on in the game.

Please keep Lucas in Brendan, and bring Stevie on with half an hour to go, he's much more effective further forward, I'd also like to see Can given a chance in the midfield, whoever plays, a repeat of the second half of yesterday's game should see us win this reasonably comfortable....Come on you REDMEN let's smash these !!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Nov 30, 2014 09:27:01 pm

We've got to face Sunderland after Leicester before we take on Basel.

hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #12: Nov 30, 2014 09:37:51 pm
      Emre Can. Why is he not getting more game time. He is solid defensively and has shown some going forward. Offers more offensively and defensively than Joe Allen, better offensively than Lucas, and better defensively than Stevie. We have to get him on the field more IMO especially with how porous our MF has been
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #13: Nov 30, 2014 10:09:31 pm
      Results of each team's last 5 matches across all leagues and competitions

Leicester last 5 matches (most recent first):
      29/11/14   (a) QPR   3-2   L
      22/11/14   (h) Sunderland   0-0   D
      08/11/14   (a) Southampton   2-0   L
      01/11/14   (h) West Brom   0-1   L
      25/10/14   (a) Swansea   2-0   L
      Liverpool last 5 matches (most recent first):
      29/11/14   (h) Stoke   1-0   W
      26/11/14   (a) Ludo Razgd   2-2   D
      23/11/14   (a) Crystal Palace   3-1   L
      08/11/14   (h) Chelsea   1-2   L
      04/11/14   (a) Real Madrid   1-0   L

Two teams in bad form...
      Something has to give Dr Watson....

Like i've said, I'll take another 1-0.. don't care who he plays or how they play. let's face it, nothing would be a surprise at the moment.. change the full backs again..drop Lucas, put 5 across the back, play Borini.. I couldn't give a F**k so long as we don't lose !!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4416 
      Reply #14: Nov 30, 2014 10:29:48 pm
      No he hasn't. Joe Allen as much as I like the kid offers next to nothing in all areas, sometimes I don't even know he's playing, that's a bad sign.

That's a bit odd because yesterday Allen had more shots than Hendo, a considerably better passing accuracy and made more interceptions. Only area where Hendo was better he made 5 tackles compared to 4 for Allen.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your bias.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15: Nov 30, 2014 10:33:56 pm
      After the win, reckon you have to keep close to the same team

Mignolet
      Johnson    Skrtel    Toure     Enrique
                     Hendo Can Allen
           Coutinho   Lambert   Sterling

Lot of people thought Lucas did well on Sat, and thought he did well too. But Can looks like he has a bit about him, and would like to see him in the side more. In saying that, can understand it's a bit of a risk, cause he still looks a little off the pace - but he is confident lad, good passer, calm, not afraid to take the ball up the middle and shoot. If side was playing better, think he'd be more likely to get a run - but BR seems to be gradually reverting week by week to last seasons players to help dig us out of our hole, almost like 'better the devil you know'.

Whatever about Lovren, disappointing to see Moreno out of favour. The lad IS a good defender, so feel a bit sorry for him. He is prone to the odd mistake alright, but he's young, and learning - reckon it's mainly the experience of Enrique is just edging him.

Will BR 'rest' SG ... again - whatever about leaving him out once, which you can reasonably fob off as a 'rest', hard to justify 2 games in a row starting on the bench as a rest. Would BR leave him out of the first XI again ? After the win, I think he has to ... but will see.

Coutinho has to start. And Sterling, who seems to be coming into some form. And Ricke, cause there's no-one else (Fabio will SURELY leave in Jan). Tough on Lallana, but he needs to take his chance if coming on a sub and make an impact to nudge his way into BRs first XI plans. Or maybe 2 games in a few days is too much for one of Coutinho/Sterling, and he might start. Everyone's forgotten Markovic at this stage, so disappointing so far.

Hard to change any of the back five after a clean sheet, so I probably wouldn't - but it'll take a run of games to build confidence in our ability to competently defend set pieces etc.

Leicester their fair share of chances at QPR - they lost, but they will come out fighting on Tues. Expecting another really tight game.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #16: Nov 30, 2014 11:10:47 pm

If Balotelli isn't fit enough to make the squad I would have Borini on the bench.

YNWA!

If Balotelli is fit we've had a result...Lambert starts every game from now on
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #17: Nov 30, 2014 11:27:30 pm
      That's a bit odd because yesterday Allen had more shots than Hendo, a considerably better passing accuracy and made more interceptions. Only area where Hendo was better he made 5 tackles compared to 4 for Allen.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your bias.

That's interesting thanks :)
      I actually stick up for Allen a lot but as bad as Henderson is playing this season compared to the last it isn't a direct play one or the other situation to me.
      I have no bias towards Hendo. I'm not sitting on the fence with my reply either, With our newcomers bought with good shekels from the purse of our owners piggy bank, I'd expect them to be more vital and better players so I wouldn't play Allen, I'd play Can or Lallana and make any changes to the christmas period formation that need to be made. Christmas doesn't last that long.
      Coz it's text I'll have to clarify that I'm not being sarcastic or anything. Allen to me now is not what we require, and possibly Henderson isn't either. Getting to a point where we may want a whole new spine to the team (1st team not squad). But I support them when they play for us.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #18: Dec 01, 2014 09:44:51 am
      Really wonder why Borini was not even on the bench vs Stoke? I would probably give Sterling a break. Stevie coming in for Allen, Can for Hendo and Lallana for Sterling

Mignolet
      Johnson-Skrtel-Toure-Enrique
      Lucas-Can
      Lallana-Stevie-Coutinho
      Lambert
      Subs: Jones, Lovren, Moreno, Hendo, Sterling, Markovic, Borini
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #19: Dec 01, 2014 12:00:23 pm

Because most the time he is non existent dosent score dosent assist not very quick and not a good tackler  passes mostly backwards or sideways apart from that fckin awsome.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #20: Dec 01, 2014 12:19:07 pm
      Because most the time he is non existent dosent score dosent assist not very quick and not a good tackler  passes mostly backwards or sideways apart from that fckin awsome.
      I think he made a lot of forward passes yesterday. Especially around the box. He seems to be growing with confidence.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #21: Dec 01, 2014 12:27:43 pm
      I think he made a lot of forward passes yesterday. Especially around the box. He seems to be growing with confidence.
      To be as small as him and master midfield you have to have exceptional talent and there in lies the problem .

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #22: Dec 01, 2014 12:29:58 pm
      Really hope to see Can start today with Allen, maybe Markovich also and if fit have Sakho on the bench. i pray we start with 2 up top but i doubt it as for some reason BR is not trying that out this season. We need to give borini a decent run out whilst we are without Sturridge.

Quick Reply