Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Man Utd vs Liverpool -14 December.

Read 20876 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool -14 December.
      Reply #184: Dec 13, 2014 09:47:50 pm
      Don't shoot the messenger, and take from this what you will, but just got this from a coach at the Academy who I coach with:

"If what I've heard is true & bare in mind things change and it may not be there will be some fans extremely peed off when tomorrow's team is announced. Henderson right wing back Jones in goal sterling up front alone with a 3 at the back"

Some might be pissed off with the team, but i wouldn't mind the manager trying something new. It's badly needed.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #185: Dec 13, 2014 10:12:48 pm
      Some might be pissed off with the team, but i wouldn't mind the manager trying something new. It's badly needed.

Look I have no idea if any of that rumoured team is true.  Might be, might not.  No problem with playing Henderson at right-back, Johnson is pants and Henderson has done nothing all season in midfield.  In fact I remember a few years back at Blackburn (?), Flanno got sent off and Henderson had to move to RB; he then played a blinder at RB having stunk up the pitch all season prior to that.  So maybe giving him a change of scenery will help.

But Jones starting is another issue.  Look Mignolet has been terrible for quite some time now.  But that's the point.  Jones should have gotten a crack at the starting position about 10 games ago.  Why bring him in NOW, in one of the biggest games in our entire season?  the man has (literally) been falling asleep on the bench.  Why not bed him in against Leicester a few weeks back, give him a low pressure return to the team?

I don't get it.

Anyway we'll find out in the morning whether it's true or not.
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #186: Dec 13, 2014 10:21:10 pm
      A bit off topic. But how many points do you think LFC can get the next 4 matches. I personally think 5. Which would leave us with 26 points after 19 games.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #187: Dec 13, 2014 10:31:37 pm
      im eagerly expecting this game
      i just want the lads to play their harts out on the pitch
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #188: Dec 13, 2014 10:40:40 pm
      Only twitter rumours but some saying Jones starting in goal and no Lambert, Borini or Balo to start.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #189: Dec 13, 2014 10:55:19 pm
      Only twitter rumours but some saying Jones starting in goal and no Lambert, Borini or Balo to start.
      if thats the case then he bether put himself in the starting XI
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #190: Dec 13, 2014 11:06:59 pm
      I also see HendersonĀ“s skill-set (and limitations) more suited to a wing-back position. But tomorrow IĀ“d use him to shut down Carrick starting passing moves from deep, and make Jordan running behind poor Mancs defense on the counter.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #191: Dec 13, 2014 11:12:33 pm
      I also see HendersonĀ“s skill-set (and limitations) more suited to a wing-back position. But tomorrow IĀ“d use him to shut down Carrick starting passing moves from deep, and make Jordan running behind poor Mancs defense on the counter.

im sure hendo will be the best player in our team tomorow
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #192: Dec 13, 2014 11:18:28 pm
      Don't shoot the messenger, and take from this what you will, but just got this from a coach at the Academy who I coach with:

"If what I've heard is true & bare in mind things change and it may not be there will be some fans extremely peed off when tomorrow's team is announced. Henderson right wing back Jones in goal sterling up front alone with a 3 at the back"

Don't think tomorrow is a time to experiment to that extent. Would have no problem with some changes (eg. Can coming in), but a) would keep 4 at the back and b) would not play players out of position like Sterling up front, Hendo at FB.   Things can get disjointed pretty fast, and BR gives a lot more fuel to guys looking to press the ejector button.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #193: Dec 13, 2014 11:21:14 pm
      Don't think tomorrow is a time to experiment to that extent. Would have no problem with some changes (eg. Can coming in), but a) would keep 4 at the back and b) would not play players out of position like Sterling up front, Hendo at FB.   Things can get disjointed pretty fast, and BR gives a lot more fuel to guys looking to press the ejector button.

its definetly not time for experiments,just put ur best team that u can out on the pitch,be smart enough to motivate them on the right way and just hope for the best
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,623 posts | 7144 
      Reply #194: Dec 13, 2014 11:25:13 pm
      No idea what team he will putout and even less idea what formation we will start with.
      I just can't contemplate getting beat by them it would be tragic and they don't have Vidic either so they will have 11 men on the pitch.
      can we please have a bit of luck tomorrow instead of the bad luck that has plagued us all season
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,634 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #195: Dec 13, 2014 11:32:06 pm

Woo.
      *Can starting*
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #196: Dec 13, 2014 11:32:31 pm
      Tony Evans on BT Sport tonight:
      Jones, Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic + Sterling all to start - unsure on the rest
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,623 posts | 7144 
      Reply #197: Dec 13, 2014 11:33:44 pm

maybe just make it a five a side match
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #198: Dec 14, 2014 12:10:33 am
      No idea what the lineup is but fair play to Rodgers if he shakes it up.  His usual approach isn't working.  Bin the sh*te players and try something different.  Much better than stubbornly sticking with what has failed again and again.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,454 posts | 2846 
      Reply #199: Dec 14, 2014 12:16:06 am
      As sh*te as Mignolet is, Jones is still 100x worse for me. Not sure that gamble will work but I'm liking the sound of 3 at the back and finally getting rid of slow, sh*te strikers.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #200: Dec 14, 2014 12:52:25 am
      As sh*te as Mignolet is, Jones is still 100x worse for me. Not sure that gamble will work but I'm liking the sound of 3 at the back and finally getting rid of slow, sh*te strikers.

I agree. I really don't understand why he would play Jones, he is not gonna solve any of our problems :(
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #201: Dec 14, 2014 01:42:53 am

Im glad if Jones starts to be honest; I don't rate him at all but he surely can't do any worse than that piece of crap Mignolet. Jones will hopefully want to prove himself and make this appearance count so hopefully he will take it with both hands and put in a cracking performance. Migs can't continue to play whilst making so many stupid errors, he isnt even capable of a simple kick. Maybe a bit of time on the bench will sort him out. Nobody is undroppable if they aren't performibg and I don't care if we are playing the Mancs or a sunday league team, I want the players that aren't performing and costing us matches to be nowhere near the starting line up.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #202: Dec 14, 2014 04:27:44 am

I sincerely hope that's true. Been saying for a long time that I'd play Henderson at RB and dropping Mignolet is definitely the right choice.

Would buy Brendan time in my book regardless of result if he goes with those tactics.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #203: Dec 14, 2014 06:20:20 am
      The man's got balls that's for sure.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,662 posts | 490 
      Reply #204: Dec 14, 2014 07:57:49 am
      So it may seem like this
                                          Jones

Skrtel               Lovren          Sakho

Henderson                          Can                          Moreno

Lallana                   Coutinho                Markovic

Sterling

The only exception i think will be Gerrard instead of Can.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #205: Dec 14, 2014 08:23:59 am
      F**k yeah! Go at these cu*ts from the start score more than we concede seems to be the plan then.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #206: Dec 14, 2014 08:27:58 am
      Right up and at them a full English is a calling to line my stomach ready for a fee lagers when the game is on.
      Hope BR goes with jones tbh as mugs just spreads panic throughout the defence ,toure back for Lovren please,Moreno in for Enrique ,anybody for Allen ,markovich for lambert .
      Let's just try and hit these tw*ts on the break with pace and get the season back on track .COYR.

Quick Reply