Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match.

NO ONE
      73 (54.9%)
      Jones
      5 (3.8%)
      Johnson
      1 (0.8%)
      Skrtel
      1 (0.8%)
      Lovren
      2 (1.5%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      1 (0.8%)
      Allen
      1 (0.8%)
      Moreno
      1 (0.8%)
      Coutinho
      11 (8.3%)
      Sterling
      19 (14.3%)
      Lallana
      6 (4.5%)
      K TourƩ
      4 (3%)
      Markovic
      2 (1.5%)
      Balotelli
      6 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Man.Utd 3:0 Liverpool. In game and post match finger pointing.

Read 59851 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Man.Utd 3:0 Liverpool. In game and post match finger pointing.
      Reply #874: Dec 14, 2014 04:18:31 pm
      Well considering he was given a trial first and not signed outright, I would say he was trying to give a toss. He only made $81,000 total, not weekly.

Let's evaluate him when he was with us on the rise not when he's now in the MLS, it's been something like 6 years ago or more? Anyway he's no longer around, no point continue debating who's more right or wrong. Move on.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #875: Dec 14, 2014 04:18:34 pm
      Thought Kolo was good, he can defend and doesn't f**k about like the rest of them with little tiki Taka at the back. Probably why he doesn't start so much.

Interesting to hear BR waxing lyrical about de gea. He plays out from the back like I like my keepers to do.

We have Brad Jones in goal Brendan. Brad Jones.

We had a massive transfer kitty. Who's fault we have Migs and Jones???

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #876: Dec 14, 2014 04:20:18 pm
      Fact of the matter is, everyone can point fingers at each part of this team and manager, but a lot of unfortunate situations have to conspire for this spell of results to unfold.

Bad luck.
      Bad performances.
      Bad tactics.
      Bad attitudes.

All cant be attributed to one person. The lot of them need to take a real hard look at themselves and realise who the play/work for and what is expected of them.

Once in a life time opportunity and they are blowing it.

I'd suggest BR to start offloading one or two players in January to signal the beginning of a ruthless reign and stop playing that fatherly role, if we want to improve drastically.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #877: Dec 14, 2014 04:20:24 pm
      When the rub of the green doesn't go your way, football can have a nasty habit of rubbing salt & vinegar into an open wound; as quick as a teenage spotty virgin can play hide the pickle with a pro. We looked better against this shower than we did Basel but in the cold light of day I don't know if that counts for much but we did seem to have more confidence on the ball today and finally created a few goal scoring opportunities.

If we're not rightly bemoaning the attack one week, we seem to be bemoaning the defense the next week, with an all the while average midfield in-between, taking up the slack of dog's abuse. Time and time again individual errors and collective mishaps cause us problems at the back. The way the game was playing I could still see hope for us, in the shape of a draw at 2-0 down because unlike recently we did create opportunities - granted, against a shaky defense. But we looked to have gone back to an expansive game that unfortunately favoured those inbreds today. Sterling has taken some flack today and I feel sorry for him, he isn't a clinical striker, he is a low center of gravity, pacey attacking midfielder who at 19yrs of age has been asked to step into the shoes of Liverpool FC troubles. We looked much more threatening with him upfront than Lambert, Balotelli or any other striker we've asked to play the lone role this season. He was asked to carry the burden of Liverpool's attacking woes and the young lad came up short but he gave it a better go than those before him.

Rodgers must come in for some criticism though, for obvious reasons. For one, Sterling shouldn't really be burdened with getting goals for LFC. And two, why the f**k Moreno and Lovren get picked more often than not when between them they've probably, and individually conceded alone, double figures this season. Neither look as though they can defend for Toffee and although I put Moreno in my recent best 11 (after that Spurs goal) it's patently clear Enrique is actually the better fullback of the two. As for Lovren, well, at 20 million he looked like a tragic misfit and Rodgers still persists with him. That clearance wasn't even GM Vauxhall conference standard, never mind EPL like.

The midfield also, it looks hollow. Nothing much goes on between Henderson, Gerrard and Allen except a load of huffing and puffing. Going forward they epitomise our goal return - non-existent.  Every area at the moment honestly looks like a problem area such is the gigantity of our woes. But amidst all that sh*t we did have some promising phases of play today, much more than we've seen recently and I think it was a combo of their shiteness and the fact we can ramp up our play if we have a foci way of playing. Today, it looked more Rodgers like, with the pressing and expansiveness. And even though I think the scoreline eventually flattered them somewhat we did look like a team who for the first time in weeks knew what it wanted to do.

But, just like that spotty virgin on his first go at it, we made an embarrassing hash of it, came a bit too early which had the old pro laughing back at us, making us feel like the ground should swallow us up. F**k knows how Rodgers feels - I don't envy him at this point in time.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #878: Dec 14, 2014 04:20:27 pm
      Sometimes football isn't fair! Nuf said!
      Sometimes you rue missed chances
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #879: Dec 14, 2014 04:22:29 pm
      I'd suggest BR to start offloading one or two players in January to signal the beginning of a ruthless reign and stop playing that fatherly role, if we want to improve drastically.

Thats needed. We also need to buy some experience, FSG need to open their purses again.

If your going to commit to the manager, then you need to fix his mistakes and back him.... you cant just be there to reap his rewards.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #880: Dec 14, 2014 04:24:53 pm
      I do not understand how Lucas did not start today... in my opinion, that was the difference today. I know some will disagree but I am still convinced that our team needs a solid DM to allow folks like Hendo and Allen to be more offensive minded. Allen is being unfairly criticized because the role he is asked to play. If we wanted to sell I guarantee that they would many takers...
      In January it has to be another DM, Rodgers out and more playing time for Borini and Sakho. And we need to start building a team post Gerrard.

I do. He's too slow. As simple as that. He's a very good DM, but one without relevant pace.

This game was screaming out for Can. But as usual, Brendan has a bee in his bonnet, and his love child gets ANOTHER start.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #881: Dec 14, 2014 04:28:48 pm
      Thats needed. We also need to buy some experience, FSG need to open their purses again.

If your going to commit to the manager, then you need to fix his mistakes and back him.... you cant just be there to reap his rewards.

FSG are not going to give more money to Brendan, after having spent the best part of 200m in his tenure on a load of players who for the best part have failed miserably, or worse, not even featured.

I can only see them funding a new manager in the future. If they keep BR, he'll have to better manage HIS players.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #882: Dec 14, 2014 04:30:06 pm

Where the f***did you get that from? He wanted to leave, he was desperate to play for Barca. Tired of people coming out with ignorant comments.

We lost today because we can't defend and Brendan selected the wrong team, simple as that. I'm angry with BR. Why start Allen? The boy's a soft lad and adds nothing to the midfield. It's so obvious to every f***ing man and his dog in the world we need a proper DM. When you've got Can and Lucas sitting on the bench, he f***ing starts with SG and Allen in the centre. Hendo is clearly off form, so why not start with Markovic? Lovren is an accident waiting to happen, so why not start with Toure? His f***ing team selections are infuriating.

Despite the lack of goals, Couts, Sterling and Balo had decent games and created chances. We should have got 3 or 4. Buy a striker in Jan and play a proper DM, and stop picking players who are clearly way off form. I blame BR for that defeat.

Absolutely f***ing gutted to lose to that bunch of sh*t sticks and the mass of scumbags surrounding the whole club. Gutted. Depressing times.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #883: Dec 14, 2014 04:30:55 pm
      I do. He's too slow. As simple as that. He's a very good DM, but one without relevant pace.

This game was screaming out for Can. But as usual, Brendan has a bee in his bonnet, and his love child gets ANOTHER start.

Brendan changed things around today, I'd say we'll see Can back in the team again shortly.  ;)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #884: Dec 14, 2014 04:31:36 pm
      Sometimes football isn't fair! Nuf said!

Sometimes no more excuses can be made!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,730 posts | 7165 
      Reply #885: Dec 14, 2014 04:31:46 pm
      Where the f***did you get that from? He wanted to leave, he was desperate to play for Barca. Tired of people coming out with ignorant comments.

We lost today because we can't defend and Brendan selected the wrong team, simple as that. I'm angry with BR. Why start Allen? The boy's a soft lad and adds nothing to the midfield. It's so obvious to every f***ing man and his dog in the world we need a proper DM. When you've got Can and Lucas sitting on the bench, he f***ing starts with SG and Allen in the centre. Hendo is clearly off form, so why not start with Markovic? Lovren is an accident waiting to happen, so why not start with Toure? His f***ing team selections are infuriating.

Despite the lack of goals, Couts, Sterling and Balo had decent games and created chances. We should have got 3 or 4. Buy a striker in Jan and play a proper DM, and stop picking players who are clearly way off form. I blame BR for that defeat.

Absolutely f***ing gutted to lose to that bunch of sh*t sticks and the mass of scumbags surrounding the whole club. Gutted. Depressing times.

FSG got credit for keeping him the year before and giving him a new contract so what was the difference this year and why did we not buy a player of equal standing?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #886: Dec 14, 2014 04:31:49 pm
      From that I've also deciphered Lovren is a lost cause, Jones is no answer to the goalkeeping problems and Sterlings finishing is disgraceful.

As for MoTM went for Joe Allen as a protest vote.
      jonny888
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #887: Dec 14, 2014 04:34:21 pm
      Some of you on here are absolutely shocking. "NO ONE" on the motm poll? This is becoming ridiculous, this was our best game in weeks attacking wise, Sterling and Coutinho were brilliant. On a different day against a different keeper we would've had 3 goals easily. For me there's definitely more positives than negatives out of this game. Some of you are like f**king toddlers on here. Our team is in a bad state and needs our support now more than ever, and all any of you seem to be interesting in is slating the owners, manager, and players. This is the squad we're stuck with. No use criticising it now. Either get behind the team or keep it shut.

Oh dear. The sanctimonious and self righteous put down to anyone who criticises the team has appeared for the 9999th time this season.

Being a supporter is not just about saying good things about the side when we have lost, it is about expressing frustration and even anger when we find ourselves playing better than the opponents but gift them a couple of goals (plus a Utd Christmas present from the officials), and having strikers who can do most of the hard work by getting into great scoring positions and then forgetting the script.

I have been a Liverpool supporter since the late 1960s and have shouted just as much verbal abuse at Keegan, Dalglish, Rush, Barnes and Fowler when they missed an open goal. It is not confined to this squad.

As for slating the manager, I rarely do that - but could you see Shankly or Paisley playing Joe Allen on a regular basis, or signing some of the players we are now lumbered with?

Ok so we have lost a 30 goal a season player in Suarez and a 25 goal a season player with Sturridge injured, but in the past that would have been the cue for the reserves to step in and show the manager and fans just what they can do, even if it meant crawling off the field with exhaustion at full time.

I voted "no one" not because I am acting like a toddler, but because I expect strikers to score goals, midfielders to assist in scoring goals, and defenders to prevent goals - and in my opinion, none of that was evident this afternoon, even when presented with an opposition that was not even up to our standard in many areas.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #888: Dec 14, 2014 04:34:43 pm
      From that I've also deciphered Lovren is a lost cause, Jones is no answer to the goalkeeping problems and Sterlings finishing is disgraceful.

So in other words, you learned nothing you didn't already know...

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,730 posts | 7165 
      Reply #889: Dec 14, 2014 04:35:12 pm

see what you did there
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #890: Dec 14, 2014 04:37:05 pm
      Sometimes no more excuses can be made!

Oh there's always room for one more excuse  :D
      Nene
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #891: Dec 14, 2014 04:38:07 pm
      Hah hah hah. Don't lose your zen, mates. Calm heads. Today's match's result is a laughably minor detail. The important thing is that we keep improving. We have a brilliant, masterful manager: Brendan Rodgers. What more could we ask for? Last season we were a mess because of that selfish little greaser SuƔrez. He kept wrecking our tactics, always trying to steal the show, ultimately making us lose the title - a title that, thanks to Brendan's great managing, was practically in the bag. Now we got rid of the biting, cheating, racist greaseball - and Brendan finally gets his chance to shine: it's plain and obvious that our condition has improved dramatically. Just compare our visit to Old Trafford in March and this match, and the improvement in our tactical play and game will be clear. Of course, as I always say, Brendan is young, so he still have plenty to learn, but give him time, mates. You'll see. Give him four or five years and he will start winning things.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #892: Dec 14, 2014 04:39:57 pm
      Hah hah hah. Don't lose your zen, mates. Calm heads. Today's match's result is a laughably minor detail. The important thing is that we keep improving. We have a brilliant, masterful manager: Brendan Rodgers. What more could we ask for? Last season we were a mess because of that selfish little greaser SuƔrez. He kept wrecking our tactics, always trying to steal the show, ultimately making us lose the title - a title that, thanks to Brendan's great managing, was practically in the bag. Now we got rid of the biting, cheating, racist greaseball - and Brendan finally gets his chance to shine: it's plain and obvious that our condition has improved dramatically. Of course, as I always say, Brendan is young, so he still have plenty to learn, but give him time, mates. You'll see. Give him four or five years and he will start winning things.

Are you a F***ing Manc?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #893: Dec 14, 2014 04:40:24 pm
      Brendan changed things around today, I'd say we'll see Can back in the team again shortly.  ;)

I'd say we'll see a different team every week for as long as Brendan is manager.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #894: Dec 14, 2014 04:43:58 pm
      Oh dear. The sanctimonious and self righteous put down to anyone who criticises the team has appeared for the 9999th time this season.

Being a supporter is not just about saying good things about the side when we have lost, it is about expressing frustration and even anger when we find ourselves playing better than the opponents but gift them a couple of goals (plus a Utd Christmas present from the officials), and having strikers who can do most of the hard work by getting into great scoring positions and then forgetting the script.

I have been a Liverpool supporter since the late 1960s and have shouted just as much verbal abuse at Keegan, Dalglish, Rush, Barnes and Fowler when they missed an open goal. It is not confined to this squad.

As for slating the manager, I rarely do that - but could you see Shankly or Paisley playing Joe Allen on a regular basis, or signing some of the players we are now lumbered with?

Ok so we have lost a 30 goal a season player in Suarez and a 25 goal a season player with Sturridge injured, but in the past that would have been the cue for the reserves to step in and show the manager and fans just what they can do, even if it meant crawling off the field with exhaustion at full time.

I voted "no one" not because I am acting like a toddler, but because I expect strikers to score goals, midfielders to assist in scoring goals, and defenders to prevent goals - and in my opinion, none of that was evident this afternoon, even when presented with an opposition that was not even up to our standard in many areas.
      Great post

And welcome
      MattJL
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #895: Dec 14, 2014 04:45:08 pm

I agree, everyone is more than welcome to voice their criticisms. I think our defence was absolutely woeful. We created a lot more than united and by voted 'no one' on the poll you are saying that nobody put in a good performance which is clearly false. People are jumping on players now for no reason, and that's something I hate as a football supporter.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #896: Dec 14, 2014 04:47:43 pm
      FSG got credit for keeping him the year before and giving him a new contract so what was the difference this year and why did we not buy a player of equal standing?

I seem to remember stories about him being persuaded to stay by SG, he wanted to leave that season but changed his mind. He then made up his mind to go to Barca and when a player wants to leave, it's difficult to keep him. We can disagree about FSG all day long, but you can't just blame them for every single thing, particularly for selling Suarez. Not getting a decent striker is actually the only thing I lay some blame to FSG. None of us know really why Sanchez or Cavani didn't want to come, but we should have got a better striker than Balo.

However, today's result could have been avoided. We lost because of bad team selection and that's BR's fault, that's my opinion anyway.

Quick Reply