Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Jones
      0 (0%)
      K Touré
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      10 (10.1%)
      Sakho
      3 (3%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      7 (7.1%)
      Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Markovic
      14 (14.1%)
      Coutinho
      49 (49.5%)
      Sterling
      2 (2%)
      Lallana
      13 (13.1%)
      Borini
      1 (1%)
      Lambert
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Liverpool 2:2 Arsenal, In game & post match phew.

Read 19903 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Liverpool 2:2 Arsenal, In game & post match phew.
      Reply #414: Dec 21, 2014 06:16:10 pm
      Lucas is ok, but ask yourself would he get in any of the other "big" teams line up? Probably not.

Definitely no, he's always that 2 yards slow. Don't believe me, watch the game again while he's not the toughest around.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #415: Dec 21, 2014 06:16:12 pm
      OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe  34s34 seconds ago
      22 - Liverpool have 22 points from 17 games this season. No PL team has ever finished higher than 6th with that record at this stage. Europa

Nuff said...
      It doesn't matter. Because 4th placed team has low points as well.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #416: Dec 21, 2014 06:16:23 pm
      Thought Gerrard was very poor

Markovic is going to be world class. Took off due to him not being fully match fit. Only started three or four games all season

Very difficult to feel anger towards Skrtel because that equaliser was boss. He should however have done much better against Debuchy though, and he was to blame for that goal

Brad Jones should have done better with both goals

Got a draw, feels like a loss but if that first half is anything to go by, we'll be ok.

Long term.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #417: Dec 21, 2014 06:16:46 pm
      Arsenal were missing wilshire Ramsey arteta and ozil in their midfield
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #418: Dec 21, 2014 06:16:48 pm
      Skrtel's head actually deflected the ball away from Jones. One of those unforseeable twists.

He should of won the header. Debuchy is tiny and you dont let him get a run on ya. No awareness of the play behind him ever... case n point for goal no.2
      Tadders

• 6,789 posts | 574 
      Reply #419: Dec 21, 2014 06:18:01 pm
      I am really positive after that and agree that we are improving , I think if we keep playing this way then in 2 or 3 months we might win a couple of games.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,397 posts | 2823 
      Reply #420: Dec 21, 2014 06:19:18 pm
      All well and good saying we'll be fine when Sturridge is back but it seems to me that the damage will be done regarding the league before he plays again (let alone gets back up to full fitness). We played some good stuff today but I just don't see us scoring enough to start climbing the table.

Sorry for the negativity, just so frustrated that we didn't turn over an absolutely shocking Arsenal side.
      rossyred

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #421: Dec 21, 2014 06:20:36 pm
      He should of won the header. Debuchy is tiny and you dont let him get a run on ya. No awareness of the play behind him ever... case n point for goal no.2

Not sure on 2nd Sakho needs to share blame just simple lack of communication who was picking him up very simple but costly
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #422: Dec 21, 2014 06:22:39 pm
      Markovic was man of the match - if the players around him had the confidence and assured attacking and passing of him today, we would have trounced them. Thought he was excellent in the first half and his link up play was very encouraging.

A complete opposite player to Henderson - who was playing his position on the right.

More Markovic's, less Hendersons please.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #423: Dec 21, 2014 06:22:51 pm
      The irony of Flamini asking for Borini to get a second yellow isn't lost on me either.

The pr**k!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #424: Dec 21, 2014 06:23:06 pm
      Yeah he was up early, gave nobody the opportunity to keep him down.
      Indeed but anybody who has ever played football will tell you that when you are back-peddling you can't jump either early or high - setting aside the fact that Debuchy was holding him down, of course.

They'll also tell you that it's easier to get a head on the ball when you are running on to it - just like Martin did for the equaliser and just like Debuchy did for their's.

Personally speaking: although it was to be expected from people with an anti-Liverpool agenda - I was sick to the F***ing teeth hearing F***ing snidey comments from that Manc c**t Neville and that Sky c**t, commentator about the "towering centre-half Debuchy" and I'm glad Martin stuffed it down their cunting throats.  >:D

---------------------------------------------------------------------

We showed great character and a lot of creativity out there today. It won't stop yappy F**k-wits crying but there were an awful lot of things to be positive about, in my opinion.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #425: Dec 21, 2014 06:23:13 pm
      I agree with Rush, Gerrard had his poorest game for us today in some time and beyond scoring late winners, can someone tell me why we even bother with a defence? But going forward we where brilliant. Markovic is coming on leaps and bounds, Lallana looks class, Sterling is a handful. MOTM is a toss up between Markovic and Lallana. Thought Oliver made a massive cop out with his decisions today. Refuses to send off an Arsenal player for a second yellow offence, then sends of Borini for his. I wouldn't go so far as to say biased but it was poor. Still, Borini letting everyone down with his petulance with his first booking for dissent. Pratt.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #426: Dec 21, 2014 06:24:11 pm
      Arsenal were missing wilshire Ramsey arteta and ozil in their midfield

If they'd all played we'd have been absolutely f*****. Mind you 15 against 11 you can't expect any different really.

Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #427: Dec 21, 2014 06:24:35 pm
      We cant expext bether with this team that is curently available.
      Without the real striker and with this poor defence that we have for years this result against Arsenal is actually good.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #428: Dec 21, 2014 06:24:38 pm
      Not sure on 2nd Sakho needs to share blame just simple lack of communication who was picking him up very simple but costly

Ye but the point being, neither are any use when people get behind them. Dont think they can improve that.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #429: Dec 21, 2014 06:25:27 pm
      The formation seems to work fairly well, and suits us at the moment as it allows us to play both Coutinho and Lallana behind Sterling. Happy for Coutinho to get his goal, was well taken, but he had a few other chances he really should have done better with. He had a good game overall though, him and Lallana offered good movement and generally linked up well. Markovic was lively again, and though Sterling had a fairly quiet game he's always a danger.

Unfortunately we're terrible defensively. All three centre backs made errors today, and there's very little defensive cover offered by Lucas and Gerrard. Today was another example of the problem we've always had under Rodgers. We can dominate a game, control possession, create a whole heap of chances, but if we're so vulnerable defensively teams will know they can create one or two clear cut chances to convert.

Lallana summed it up well in his post match: "Encouraging performance, disappointing result."
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #430: Dec 21, 2014 06:25:34 pm
      Gerrard and Lucas not doing themselves any good with these types of performances. Offered nothing in attack today.

Gerrad did alright at the start, linking up well with the left hand side today, but soon ran out of batteries.

Worryingly, he wouldnt have got away with his free role today if Arsenal had picked him up.   
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #431: Dec 21, 2014 06:27:47 pm
      Indeed but anybody who has ever played football will tell you that when you are back-peddling you can't jump either early or high - setting aside the fact that Debuchy was holding him down, of course.

They'll also tell you that it's easier to get a head on the ball when you are running on to it - just like Martin did for the equaliser and just like Debuchy did for their's.

Personally speaking: although it was to be expected from people with an anti-Liverpool agenda - I was sick to the f**king teeth hearing f**king snidey comments from that Manc c**t Neville and that Sky c**t, commentator about the "towering centre-half Debuchy" and I'm glad Martin stuffed it down their cunting throats.  >:D

---------------------------------------------------------------------

We showed great character and a lot of creativity out there today. It won't stop yappy f**k-wits crying but there were an awful lot of things to be positive about, in my opinion.

Yeah all fair BBB, but that was the point I made, he couldn't get up because he got himself out of position.

Have to agree to disagree with you on this one, but don't disagree about the c**t Neville :D
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #432: Dec 21, 2014 06:28:54 pm
      we should have won this game if it was not for our poor finishing
       On the whole it was a very much improved performance
       was wondering !! haven't we played much better when Allen was not involved ? (nothing against the guy) maybe its a co-incidence but!!

YNWA
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #433: Dec 21, 2014 06:29:16 pm
      We have a slow mobile unit in Sterling Markovic and Cou but a slow mo unit in Henderson, Lucas and Stevie. BR Can please in the next game, he can't be any worse than henderson, Lucas or Stevie
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #434: Dec 21, 2014 06:30:09 pm
      BR: "The pitch is awful here".... WTF
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #435: Dec 21, 2014 06:31:16 pm
      We have a slow mobile unit in Sterling Markovic and Cou but a slow mo unit in Henderson, Lucas and Stevie. BR Can please in the next game, he can't be any worse than henderson, Lucas or Stevie

What? These players are slow? What are you even watching?

Lucas, Gerrard and Henderson were holding us back today, none of them offering any creativity.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #436: Dec 21, 2014 06:32:31 pm
      This team just needs a striker now and we can start moving forward. If we have fu**ed Migs off we need a new keeper too.

Quick Reply