Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Jones
      0 (0%)
      K Touré
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      10 (10.1%)
      Sakho
      3 (3%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      7 (7.1%)
      Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Markovic
      14 (14.1%)
      Coutinho
      49 (49.5%)
      Sterling
      2 (2%)
      Lallana
      13 (13.1%)
      Borini
      1 (1%)
      Lambert
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Liverpool 2:2 Arsenal, In game & post match phew.

Read 20021 times
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Re: Liverpool 2:2 Arsenal, In game & post match phew.
      Reply #437: Dec 21, 2014 06:33:54 pm
      Arsenal were worse than last season. We should have won that game 4-0.

The fact we cannot defend means Arsenal nearly won a game they were hammered in and it also means they will finish above us and achieve top 4. We scored first - we could have won the game 1-0 if we had a half decent defence. We don't, no matter who plays in it.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #438: Dec 21, 2014 06:36:22 pm
      What? These players are slow?

Lucas, Gerrard and Henderson were holding us back today, none of them offering any creativity.

Don't particularly agree any of their 'creativity' was the problem today. For the most part, all three, when in possession were finding passes into the likes of Lallana, Coutinho, Markovic and Sterling, which is what they should be doing. Henderson got an assist too with one of his 'sideways' passes.

The problem with Gerrard and Lucas, at least, is that they don't offer what's required of the position in this formation; that they cover the wing backs and centre backs in defence. If we had someone who was quick across the ground and could also read the game, they might have seen Henderson beyond the ball when Arsenal broke down our right for the second goal, and got across to make a tackle or slow the attack. Instead, Lucas had no chance of getting close to the play, Toure ends up backing off and it's a decent one two away from a goal.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #439: Dec 21, 2014 06:37:42 pm
      Yeah all fair BBB, but that was the point I made, he couldn't get up because he got himself out of position.
      Yeah and before that two others missed two easier headers - two headers they could be expected to win - two headers that had Martin moving forward in anticipation of us winning but neither were blamed.

Have to agree to disagree with you on this one...
      No issue with that Luke... I know I'm right.  :laugh:

Take care buddy - catch you later.

green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #440: Dec 21, 2014 06:37:53 pm
      Very encouraging signs attacking wise. Sturridge will definitely enjoy being fed off Coutinho, Markovic and Llalana. I would have Can starting games from now on instead of Gerrard.
      Thought Jones was better at distributing the ball (doesn't say much really) but he was awful at shot stopping. That half-arsed attempt of a jump for their first goal... I reckon Migs might have saved that.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #441: Dec 21, 2014 06:38:38 pm
      Rodgers slagging the Anfield turf off there. Few groundsman going to be worried over the next few days.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #442: Dec 21, 2014 06:39:35 pm
      What? These players are slow? What are you even watching?

Lucas, Gerrard and Henderson were holding us back today, none of them offering any creativity.

Lucas was even shooting on goal and was unlucky , I have to say that we should have had the points today . We had blistering pace and Arsenal were chasing shadows for a decent amount of time .

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #443: Dec 21, 2014 06:41:24 pm
      Lucas was even shooting on goal and was unlucky , I have to say that we should have had the points today . We had blistering pace and Arsenal were chasing shadows for a decent amount of time .

The way he's going this season he's actually going to get a goal, maybe even two by the end of the year.

Been bloody unlucky a couple of times not to bag a goal. Anyone else hitting that left-footed half volley like that and people would be saying what awesome technique and damn unlucky. Because it's Lucas it's just "he missed a good chance".
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #444: Dec 21, 2014 06:46:32 pm
      We are back errrr half back errrr quarter back. We have started to play like the team of last season. Players like Markovic and Lallana seemed to have settled in nicely now and can redeem BR of completely F***ing up the transfer window. Jones's ball distribution was refreshing and Couts is back in his groove. Sterling was ok as CF but he really came into his own when shifted out wide. Now only if we had a decent striker we should have easily won that game.

Now the negatives and BR can't cover up sh*t defending with nice performance excuse. We should have won that game easily, Arsenal offered absolutely nothing but its Chirstmas come early as we gift wrap them two soft soft goals. For the second goal, 3 CBs failed to contain a single attacker and that is disastrous. Something needs to done about this defence and fast, we don't have the luxury of SAS this season and can't outscore teams.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #445: Dec 21, 2014 06:50:37 pm
      The way he's going this season he's actually going to get a goal, maybe even two by the end of the year.

Been bloody unlucky a couple of times not to bag a goal. Anyone else hitting that left-footed half volley like that and people would be saying what awesome technique and damn unlucky. Because it's Lucas it's just "he missed a good chance".
      Agreed Luke , Lucas gets way too much flack and a few goals would do him the world of good he wasn't too shabby today . I've been a critic of Rodgers but going by today's performance i can see what he's trying to do and i like it . Now to see if he can build on it and string 4-5 wins in a row .

Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #446: Dec 21, 2014 06:54:36 pm
      Refreshing to see the team play well. (No Johnson or Allen.) Thought Gerard had a great game so did Coutinho. Only wish he could shoot as well as he can dribble. LLalana played well as did Markovic. Short of a class goalkeeper and a reliable striker. the second will be sorted once Studge returns, but we need to get a class goalkeeper pronto.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #447: Dec 21, 2014 07:07:56 pm
      Refreshing to see the team play well. (No Johnson or Allen.) Thought Gerard had a great game so did Coutinho. Only wish he could shoot as well as he can dribble. LLalana played well as did Markovic. Short of a class goalkeeper and a reliable striker. the second will be sorted once Studge returns, but we need to get a class goalkeeper pronto.

Why does everything will be fine when sturridge is back....I mean do you not think he will get injured soon after?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,257 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #448: Dec 21, 2014 07:09:48 pm
      Topic split, Poll added, and congrats to Wahs for starting the thread by default.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #449: Dec 21, 2014 07:11:43 pm
      play very well but no 3 points, think top 4 gone now
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,257 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #450: Dec 21, 2014 07:15:35 pm
      http://instagram.com/p/w4NmIIwZEl/

Skytel's GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
      Sahara
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #451: Dec 21, 2014 07:20:25 pm
      A game we dominated, very disappointing we didn't win.  Skrtel should have backed into the guy for the first to put him off and for the second, why do we have have 3 defenders not picking up one guy?  We make it far too easy and we need a defensive coach because its been going on for far too long.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,497 posts | 3445 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #452: Dec 21, 2014 07:22:01 pm
      Apparently Br wanted to buy a pitch with cl experience but fsg and the committee wanted a young pitch with resale value
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #453: Dec 21, 2014 07:22:44 pm
      play very well but no 3 points, think top 4 gone now
      Is it mathematically impossible ?

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #454: Dec 21, 2014 07:29:27 pm
      Rodgers slagging the Anfield turf off there. Few groundsman going to be worried over the next few days.

Christ if it's a sh*te surface now what's it gonna be like in April/May...mind you I can remember the Kop goalmouth being like a sandpit yet we still won the league !

Think that's the last time you'll see Borini in a Red shirt..Knobhead !
      thought Markovic should've stayed on anyway , he was at least running at them..
      Our finishing let us down today.. Coutinho had a good 3/4 golden opportunities right on the edge and didn't put his laces through it..

as one of the other lads said earlier Gerrard seemed to run out of batteries and fade away..

Skert'ls bottle got us the point we more than deserved against, quite frankly, an Arsenal team that we're sh*te and there for the taking..

don't know whether my glass is half full or half empty right now...
      Scottbot

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #455: Dec 21, 2014 07:57:41 pm
      Such a relief to get the point in the end because it would have been robbery to have lost the game having dominated for the entire first half and big chunks of the 2nd.

Positives - great to see is passing the ball so well and to have some movement and tempo again, reminiscent of last season at times. Good to be a team that can play on the front foot once again. Lallana and Coutinho were fantastic today and I don't know what they've been feeding Markovic but suddenly he has turned into a player since coming back into the side, another really positive performance from the lad. Have to hold my hands up because I have been critical of the lad on more than one occasion in the match thread. FairPlay to Skrtel for redeeming himself in such a fashion, he had quite a game didn't he.

Negatives - it was us all over wasn't it. What a truly shitty goal to give away straight after we scored. Really sums us up and it is despairing. Rodgers must despair as well. Having Jones in goal was definitely an improvement in terms of distribution at the back but I really don't rate him as a keeper. For all his faults I would prefer to see Migs back in and then get in some genuine competition in the window.
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #456: Dec 21, 2014 08:13:41 pm
      BR - Instead of looking like a tactical genius in making the right substitution decisions, I would much rather he just gets them right with the starting 11.

Too much to ask?
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #457: Dec 21, 2014 08:27:00 pm
      Not gonna get on anyone's back BUT take Markovic for instance. ... Some fans wrote him off after 3 or 4 part games. That's madness. Clearly a talent.

Perhaps we can learn from this one....?

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,222 posts | 4418 
      Reply #458: Dec 21, 2014 08:56:59 pm
      Great attacking performance which If if we had a decent striker we would have taken the spoils. Not very often you completely boss Arsenal from the first to 99 mins. As the saying goes we have teeth but no bite.
      Our shoddy defence again cost us 2 pts and no great surprise Skrtel is involved some way or another for both goals but at least he got us a draw.

Markovic was good again along with, Lallana and Coutinho unfortunately Raheem seemed a bit lost until he went out onto the left wing and he started to find space. He may have scored a couple of goals against Bournemouth but at this level showing why he is no replacement for a top class forward.

Shocked to see Stevie on for the full 90mins again, BR obviously does not trust Can yet.

Great to see Sakho out there and showing what we have been missing.

Jones is not good enough unfortunately.

Finally thought the ref bottled out of sending Flamini off but was keen enough with Borini.

More positives today than negatives. No reason why we cant bag 9 pts from the next 3 fixtures coming up and try and stay in touch with Arsenal until we get striker reinforcements.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #459: Dec 21, 2014 08:58:18 pm
      BR - Instead of looking like a tactical genius in making the right substitution decisions, I would much rather he just gets them right with the starting 11.

Too much to ask?

BR got everything spot on today, especially the starting 11!

Quick Reply