Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM vs. Swansea?

Mignolet
      1 (1.2%)
      Can
      2 (2.4%)
      Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Manquillo
      0 (0%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      2 (2.4%)
      Henderson
      4 (4.9%)
      Coutinho
      39 (47.6%)
      Lallana
      34 (41.5%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Liverpool 4:1 Swansea. In game and post match glee.

Read 34820 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Swansea
      Reply #529: Dec 29, 2014 09:59:13 pm
      Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling and Can played brilliantly.

Well done reds
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #530: Dec 29, 2014 09:59:33 pm
      Very interested to see who starts New Years Day now.

Same again for me. Unfortunately, on current form, our Captain doesn't get anywhere near the starting 11.

That was good game for Mignolet that. Not so much as done really well but it was just right for him. Few catches to make and some simple stuff but good for him to just get through the 90 though. Do him good in the head I reckon.

Totally agree, Brendan changes this at his peril! I love Stevie G, great player and legend of this club, but he should be nowhere near the 1st team on his recent performances.

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #531: Dec 29, 2014 09:59:46 pm
      Very interested to see who starts New Years Day now.

Same again for me. Unfortunately, on current form, our Captain doesn't get anywhere near the starting 11.

That was good game for Mignolet that. Not so much as done really well but it was just right for him. Few catches to make and some simple stuff but good for him to just get through the 90 though. Do him good in the head I reckon.

Sad but true, its a massive difference with Stevie, Johnson and Lovren out of the side. The whole team is playing and it feels like we have 11 men on the pitch again.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #532: Dec 29, 2014 10:00:03 pm
      Moreno: Brilliant, never stopped up and down that wing, better option than Markovic for me in that position because I think Markovic is better elsewhere and this really suits his strengths.

Absolutely.
      Markovic gave us an excellent outlet late in the game and could have had an assist or two.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #533: Dec 29, 2014 10:00:05 pm
      Lallana given motm on sky
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 191 
      Reply #534: Dec 29, 2014 10:00:24 pm
      5 pts off 4th , with Liecester next at home. And Studge 'hopefully' getting healthy

Amazing with our form this season, and getting absolutely nothing from our strikers

Happy New Year!!!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #535: Dec 29, 2014 10:01:05 pm
      Sterling probably should have been yellow but not red, there was no player endangerment in that slap.

It's red mate. Raise your hand like that and it's red. Every player knows that.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #536: Dec 29, 2014 10:01:44 pm

In the tradition of "He scored 2 so he was man of the match"
      Coutinho deserved it, but F**k it they were both boss tonight.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #537: Dec 29, 2014 10:02:19 pm

Not always, level of aggression dictates the punishment.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #538: Dec 29, 2014 10:02:45 pm

Unless your name is Markovic.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #539: Dec 29, 2014 10:05:35 pm
      Well, that was more like it. Can and Sakho were brilliant, Moreno and Manquillo were allowed to bomb forward more with the security of a 3-man defence, Henderson had his best game in a while in a more natural position, Lallana's workrate was unbelievable and Coutinho ran the whole entire game.

A win against Leicester City and we are looking over the shoulder of the top 4.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #540: Dec 29, 2014 10:05:59 pm

Well I wouldn't have had any complaints if that was red and I doubt Raheem would have. I don't think a little bi*ch slap like that should be red but Refs are within their rights to do it.

Good job that ref was blind as a F***ing bat though.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,631 posts | 1519 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #541: Dec 29, 2014 10:06:31 pm
      Same team next game please!
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #542: Dec 29, 2014 10:07:07 pm
      Awesome performance!
      Our midfield pressed up with energy and provided much needed creativity as we were not as static and predictable as when Gerrard plays. Lucas read well the game and allowed Coutinho and Lallana to create awesome football.
      Coutinho is pure football-sex. Lallana was very good and so was Hendo.
      I am again very impressed with Emre Can; he is boss!
      I just hope that BR will persist with this system.
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #543: Dec 29, 2014 10:07:37 pm
      Hey this was an awesome game,whole team played well except Ballotelli.

Not aimed at you, but this kind of comment does my head in. What did Balotelli do wrong today? In the short time he played, he hardly got the ball. We immediately slowed the tempo, and we not pushing for that goal the same. It was noticeable with Borini too.. did he even touch the ball?

Of the few chances Balotelli got, he did well enough. I think 2 shots, and some decent movement and ball control. He made one mistake where he slipped up on the ball.. and our supportive fans jeered him!!

I think the team could have done better at the end there. With him and Borini on, we should have worked as a team to try and get one of these a goal. Both players need that confidence.. but instead, we were not interested in it.

Overall, the football was fantastic today. Lallana really showing Sterling how to score goals! Sterling's movement was very good and important, but he really does need some improvement on taking his chances. No disappointments today though! Great win!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,996 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #544: Dec 29, 2014 10:08:50 pm
      Great performance from all the lads tonight, stand outs Can, Lallana, Hendo, Lucas,Moreno but thought Coutinho was f***in superb, everything he done was brilliant from tracking back to closing down to creating chances not forgetting his link up play, he's a proper little magician,

Only blight being Skrtles yellow, ruling him out against the foxes,

Great performance , great win, still got loads of work to do defensively but overall I think we've turned that very long corner now , not getting carried away but things are looking good, 5 pts off 4th so we are getting there, new keeper within the month maybe new striker to,
      Encouraging signs for sure ,

Well done lads , and well done Brendan , you got everything spot on tonight ,

YNWA
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #545: Dec 29, 2014 10:10:03 pm
      Great result and great performance...

5 Points off 4th place now - win against Leicester and with Arsenal playing Southampton we could be 2 points off 4th place. That would be amazing and we are getting stronger.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #546: Dec 29, 2014 10:11:11 pm
      Well done Reds.
      Perhaps we can keep this team and Racer's front three !
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #547: Dec 29, 2014 10:11:40 pm
      This is a very young side, but what I like most is we were steady at the back, players having much much greater urgency in attack, much much fewer side and back passes, we attacked with a purpose. I hate to say this, but such a good performance coincides with the  abscence of Stevie, could it be the case that with Stevie around many players held back and played the safe passes and did not express their skills to the full?

Well, the lads did expressed themselves very well in this game, and if they continue to play the way they did, we're heading in the right direction. Well done.

The happiest is the lads are taking on the responsibility of scoring goals in the abscence of a striker.

The goals are no pure luck, we made our own luck, it's the pressing that led to Lallana's goal, and we need to conitue to do the good work, press the opposition defence high up the pitch.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,445 posts | 6432 
      Reply #548: Dec 29, 2014 10:12:17 pm

I'm just going by the letter of the rules.....think a red would have been harsh there but it wouldn't surprise me if given.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #549: Dec 29, 2014 10:14:52 pm
      Well I wouldn't have had any complaints if that was red and I doubt Raheem would have. I don't think a little bi*ch slap like that should be red but Refs are within their rights to do it.

Good job that ref was blind as a f**king bat though.

I agree, he retaliated and took a swipe at his face. Red all day long, but as you said, good job the ref was blind, same with the linesman :D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #550: Dec 29, 2014 10:16:35 pm
      Absolutely F***ing loved that game from start to finish, sublime. Adam lallana will become an Anfield legend, nailed on.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #551: Dec 29, 2014 10:16:53 pm
      Migs, sorry, poor. Did the basics, but his kicking is woeful, and for about half a dozen shots he seemed rooted to the spot, every time.

Skrtel played well, got better as the game wore on
      Sakho is a great defender, but why he has to get drunk before every game I'll never know
      Can, looks like he's played there for years; so comfortable and what a first half raking pass

Moreno, he's a livewire and infectious. Stayed with his man in the first half and prevented an attack on goal (learning)
      Manquillo, really like this lad. In a game where others get the plaudits, the lad did his johb and did it well. No fuss. Well done lad

Hendo is a CM, as demonstrated. Great workmanlike display
      Lucas, he does the dirty work and he did it well tonight. Solid.
      Lallana, he's classy when on form and he reminds me of John Barnes. Only he's not black, not a wideman, and not as fast. Or as good.
      Couts. When Couts is in this mood, he's unplayable. Brilliant!

Sterling. Loads of pace, not a clue what to do with it. Poor game start to finish. Needs a break.

Balotelli came on and didn't really have a lot of time to get up to speed.
      Borini. Don't think he touched the ball
      Markovic. What a superb first time pass by Markovic. I think he's going to be a firm favourite

Gaffer. Boss.

Closed the gap by two points on Chavs and Citeh. It's on!

Quick Reply