Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Lucas Leiva

Read 9167 times
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 472 posts | 22 
      Lucas Leiva
      Jan 10, 2015 12:09:02 am
      Looks like Brendan Rodgers will consider letting Lucas Leiva join Inter Milan for the right price (plus he has identified the need for a goalkeeper this January - perhaps a loanee)...

http://www.lfc.pl/files/pdf/2014_01_10.pdf
      Sahara
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Re: Lucas Leiva
      Reply #1: Jan 10, 2015 12:20:08 am
      We'd be stupid to let him go with the lack of decent/unproven DM players.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2: Jan 10, 2015 02:18:42 am
      Lucas has been one of our best players this season, to let him go without an experience replacement would be stupid. Schneiderlin or keep Lucas, simple as that.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3: Jan 10, 2015 06:29:02 am
      I hope that Lucas is not allowed to leave in this window, he has served us well and he puts in full effort in the Liverpool Red.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #4: Jan 10, 2015 07:22:44 am
      We are letting Stevie go and we need a Schneiderlin/Sissoko type of player
      If we are letting Lucas go, we need a Wanyama/Song type of player

However,

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri
      Liverpool had a contact in the night with Inter about the transfer of Lucas Leiva. Talks ongoing
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2015 10:49:06 am by Vicks86 »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Reply #5: Jan 10, 2015 10:58:24 am
      Can't leave without a replacement coming in that's for sure.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #6: Jan 10, 2015 11:16:34 am
      Would be absolute madness to let him go considering how he's done since coming back into the side.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: Jan 10, 2015 11:37:11 am
      Wouldn't be opposed him leaving if it means we buy a proper CB and push Can up. Kind of makes no different I the squad that way.

But I wouldn't sell him. He has been my sig for years and I don't like change.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #8: Jan 10, 2015 12:33:12 pm
      Wouldn't be opposed him leaving if it means we buy a proper CB and push Can up. Kind of makes no different I the squad that way.

But I wouldn't sell him. He has been my sig for years and I don't like change.

Can still had a lot to learn and he won't get a much better mentor for the DM role than Lucas.

He cannot be sold this window it's as simple as that.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #9: Jan 10, 2015 01:08:53 pm
      Bad move if he goes
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #10: Jan 10, 2015 02:58:09 pm
      Along the same lines of Reina and Agger this.

We don't have enough quality cover to allow it. Can 'could be', Allen certainly isn't, Henderson is too insconsistent and Gerrard is leaving.

Madness. No problem if we bring in Khedira or Bender but to let him go without someone better coming in would be stupid.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #11: Jan 10, 2015 03:10:39 pm
      Along the same lines of Reina and Agger this.

We don't have enough quality cover to allow it. Can 'could be', Allen certainly isn't, Henderson is too insconsistent and Gerrard is leaving.

Madness. No problem if we bring in Khedira or Bender but to let him go without someone better coming in would be stupid.

Knowing our 'committee', we'll probably let him go for 3mil and sign a 20-yr old with half his wages for like  for 15mil, and then say he needs abt 6 months to adapt
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #12: Jan 10, 2015 03:15:56 pm
      On the back of today's performance, it'd be madness to let Lucas go this window. The only way it's tolerable is if we bring a top replacement a la Khedira.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13: Jan 10, 2015 03:27:25 pm
      Knowing our 'committee', we'll probably let him go for 3mil and sign a 20-yr old with half his wages for like  for 15mil, and then say he needs abt 6 months to adapt

That really wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #14: Jan 10, 2015 03:58:35 pm
      So the wage budget is still too high...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #15: Jan 10, 2015 03:59:20 pm
      No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No.

It's a No from me.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #16: Jan 10, 2015 04:00:24 pm
      That really wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Despite the rumours swirling I'd be amazed if we spent £15m on anything this month Luke.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #17: Jan 10, 2015 06:51:11 pm
      If the deal is to be made, swap him for Handanovic.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #18: Jan 10, 2015 06:57:20 pm
      If the deal is to be made, swap him for Handanovic.

Unfortunately in real life they are unlikely to give away their first choice keeper in a swap in January
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #19: Jan 10, 2015 07:02:43 pm
      F**k off.

Leave 'R' kid alone.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #20: Jan 10, 2015 07:56:47 pm
      Despite the rumours swirling I'd be amazed if we spent £15m on anything this month Luke.

Think you slightly misunderstood me mate. I meant I could see us replacing him with someone that is full of potential, probably not even born yet but is definitely going to be world class, at which point of course we'll sell him.

/sarcasm off

:)
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #21: Jan 10, 2015 08:22:16 pm
      Unfortunately in real life they are unlikely to give away their first choice keeper in a swap in January

I know mate, but we'd be giving them our first choice central midfielder at the moment which I couldn't understand unless we are going to massively improve our side with the money or with a swap deal. Since we probably won't get much money for Lucas because we are terrible at selling players, a swap deal seems to be the only way to me that we can come out of this deal better off.

Handanovic would be a good upgrade on Mignolet, if they want Lucas we need to use that as leverage to get him, otherwise we shouldn't let Lucas go.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Reply #22: Jan 10, 2015 09:15:49 pm
      Few rumours that he'll be off and that it's just a matter of time before the deal is wrapped up.

Unbelievable if we let him go without a replacement.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #23: Jan 10, 2015 09:29:27 pm
      Word is Inter and a figure of £7m are involved.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #24: Jan 10, 2015 09:42:38 pm
      Can's already here, lads.

If Lucas goes Can will be moved to CM.

*sigh*
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #25: Jan 10, 2015 10:01:03 pm
      Think you slightly misunderstood me mate. I meant I could see us replacing him with someone that is full of potential, probably not even born yet but is definitely going to be world class, at which point of course we'll sell him.

/sarcasm off

:)

;) I got it mate.....just my pessimism ruling re signings....
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #26: Jan 10, 2015 10:02:54 pm
      Can's already here, lads.

If Lucas goes Can will be moved to CM.

*sigh*

Actually I think DM is Can's best position.  He's just been stuck in the back three because we have no other choice.

Lucas has been doing well as of late but if his leaving means Can will be our starting DM then I'm all for it. 

The one downside (and I'm 100% serious) is that if Lucas leaves Coutinho will be the only Brazilian (and the only Portuguese speaker) left in the squad.  I'm not even joking at all when I say it could have  an effect.  When Coutinho came Lucas put his arm around him and got him settled etc. 

I just hope that Coutinho is fine in Liverpool and that if Atletico or someone comes in with a huge bid in the summer he won't be tempted.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #27: Jan 10, 2015 10:06:18 pm
      Few rumours that he'll be off and that it's just a matter of time before the deal is wrapped up.

Unbelievable if we let him go without a replacement.

I'd be suprised with the amount of football he has had recently and the importance to the role in this system if he is allowed to leave in January

Just press speculation like most things this month and us I'd think
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Reply #28: Jan 10, 2015 10:28:05 pm
      I'd be suprised with the amount of football he has had recently and the importance to the role in this system if he is allowed to leave in January

Just press speculation like most things this month and us I'd think

Hope so mate but the same people who were saying Gerrard would be off before it was announced are the ones saying this so it looks like it could be on.

Do agree it would be a bizarre move. He's suddenly become very important for us and if other clubs won't let their important players go in January why should we? We're not going to be able to get anyone in who can make a similar impact as I don't see us spending 20m on a Schneiderlin-type player. Can does suit that role but that would mean Lovren coming back into the team and I'm not sure that's the way to go, he was poor today and we looked a lot more shaky with him in the side.

Should try and keep him until the summer.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #29: Jan 10, 2015 11:47:57 pm
      He looks like he is on his way. Gazzeto Dello Sport or whatever it's called saying the clubs met on Friday to discuss terms.

I'd say we've become a joke if we sell him at this point but we became a joke in the transfer market a long time ago.

Anybody on a decent wage is available from us.

Expect a young 20 year old DM to come in for £12 million but on low wages whilst the manager is pushed in front of the cameras to tell everybody about how we are buying for the long term future of the club and all that other PR driven bullshit that is used to hide the penny pinching journey to mediocrity.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #30: Jan 11, 2015 12:08:07 am
      Simply stupidity from a footballing point of view to let Lucas go, but the owners think they know best. Slowly but surely FSG will turn us into a mid table side.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #31: Jan 11, 2015 12:08:41 am
      Absolutely F***ing disgraceful if we sell Lucas without bringing in a far superior replacement. He along with Coutinho are our only midfielders capable of keeping our team composed and allow us to play the possession game.

Lucas has been our best player since he became a starter, he has been playing a high consistent level and because of that, our defense and teamplay has looked a lot better. The chemistry and balance in the middle when Hendo & Coutinho plays with Lucas has been nothing short of exceptional. I am just so baffled as to why selling Lucas is even considered.

Only player I see that would replace Lucas and maintain that balance & chemistry would be Schneiderlin, so like I said before, it's either Schneiderlin or Lucas, end of.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #32: Jan 11, 2015 12:20:13 am
      If we sell Lucas without buying a replacement we are not here to win, just to make as much profit as possible.

Lucas has been one of our best players this season.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #33: Jan 11, 2015 12:32:23 am
      He looks like he is on his way. Gazzeto Dello Sport or whatever it's called saying the clubs met on Friday to discuss terms.

I'd say we've become a joke if we sell him at this point but we became a joke in the transfer market a long time ago.

Anybody on a decent wage is available from us.

Expect a young 20 year old DM to come in for £12 million but on low wages whilst the manager is pushed in front of the cameras to tell everybody about how we are buying for the long term future of the club and all that other PR driven bullshit that is used to hide the penny pinching journey to mediocrity.

Exactly this mate.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #34: Jan 11, 2015 03:12:26 am
      Actually I think DM is Can's best position.  He's just been stuck in the back three because we have no other choice.

Lucas has been doing well as of late but if his leaving means Can will be our starting DM then I'm all for it. 

The one downside (and I'm 100% serious) is that if Lucas leaves Coutinho will be the only Brazilian (and the only Portuguese speaker) left in the squad.  I'm not even joking at all when I say it could have  an effect.  When Coutinho came Lucas put his arm around him and got him settled etc. 

I just hope that Coutinho is fine in Liverpool and that if Atletico or someone comes in with a huge bid in the summer he won't be tempted.
      I hope you didn't notice the implication. If Can is moved to DM , Lovren comes back to Defense ;D
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 265 
      Reply #35: Jan 11, 2015 03:59:39 am
      Maybe I see thing in different way but I'd be worry if Lucas go as i think it could upset Coutinho (I said this before and want to say again) as they seemed best friend from same culture. No need to mention keep Lucas is not much harm to the club as he has great professional and despite limit in some area of his game he's still very useful to the team.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #36: Jan 11, 2015 05:08:50 am
      If it were me, I would give Lucas a new contract.

Hendo-Lucas is the only 'stable' midfield pairing we have, the so-called Vertical and Horizontal players. Can should be rotated with these 2 as I feel he has 'both' the traits of attacking and defending. Allen is just Allen, Stevie is going and the next midfielder we have is Rossiter. If anything, we should already be signing another midfielder.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #37: Jan 11, 2015 05:56:16 am
      It would be criminal if Lucas goes in Jan. Forget about getting a new DM, its not a coincidence that the our best form this season has been with Lucas in the team. Currently he is very close to his pre injury form and the team looks as stable as it has been this season with him in the team.

I will lose all sympathies/support I have for Brendan if he allows the sale of Lucas.
      Anyone knows how much wage he is on?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #38: Jan 11, 2015 08:25:28 am
      It would be criminal if Lucas goes in Jan. Forget about getting a new DM, its not a coincidence that the our best form this season has been with Lucas in the team. Currently he is very close to his pre injury form and the team looks as stable as it has been this season with him in the team.

I will lose all sympathies/support I have for Brendan if he allows the sale of Lucas.

He'll be on £6.50 ph if FSG get their 'minimum wage' way

YNWA

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #39: Jan 11, 2015 08:38:26 am
      It would be an absolute farce if Lucas goes. He's coming into form at last after that horrific injury years ago. He's one of our most experienced players and since we're losing Gerrard, it would be criminal if he went too.

Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #40: Jan 11, 2015 11:26:32 am
      There's no logical reason to let Lucas go in January when he's now a first team regular of growing importance. Why would it even be considered?
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #41: Jan 11, 2015 11:32:34 am
      I hope these rumours are just that, rumours. I cannot believe that we as a club are going to allow this to happen. Having said that, should we be surprised at anything that happens at this club anymore.
      Surely the time is coming when Brendan has to stand up to the owners, if he hasn't already, or are we to believe he is in full compliance with what they are doing!
      Oh, and there's not a cats chance in hell we'd get Schneiderlin, as others have said it will be some young cheap inexperienced kid, who'll come good in about 3 years, if we're lucky, we'll then sell him.
      Such is the gospel according to that huge football expert John Henry.
      You couldn't make it up!
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #42: Jan 11, 2015 11:39:04 am
      I have been a fan of Lucas for a long time - he has been battered by LFC fans for some time now and is often the butt of jokes...

However, he is not the player he was since his injury and to be honest I would rather see Can play in his role with a back 4 that doesn't include Lovren. For my money Can is a better player and can do something going forward that Lucas cannot.

What is more worrying is the fact that we are losing a lot of senior players and that BR is getting rid of the 'old guard' one by one.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #43: Jan 11, 2015 11:46:34 am
      He'll be on £6.50 ph if FSG get their 'minimum wage' way

YNWA

:D Lucas is reportedly on similar wages to Mignolet and Lovren (60-70k), and on less what Touré and Balotelli earn.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #44: Jan 11, 2015 12:50:54 pm
      Inter are only signing players on loan and Rodgers has said he won't leave on loan so I'm not convinced he will go
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #45: Jan 11, 2015 01:52:26 pm
      Would be very silly to sell him this window, especially if we don't have a replacement lined up.
      Lucas-Henderson midfield 2 seems to definitely work and whilst he doesn't offer the best of options attacking wise he keeps us ticking in the midfield, could be pure coincidence but we have lost 1 game in our last 12 and Lucas has started 11 of them, guess which one he never started...
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #46: Jan 11, 2015 02:07:30 pm
      If I'm being honest I don't think he's irreplaceable as a player but characters like Lucas don't grow on trees.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #47: Jan 11, 2015 02:26:25 pm
      Didn't think i'd live to see the day people are outraged we could potentially sell Lucas Leiva.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #48: Jan 11, 2015 02:30:19 pm
      Didn't think i'd live to see the day people are outraged we could potentially sell Lucas Leiva.

Why? Do you think it's the right thing to do at this point?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #49: Jan 11, 2015 02:37:23 pm
      Why? Do you think it's the right thing to do at this point?

I take it you skipped past the first couple hundred pages in his player thread!

No, i wouldn't sell him. My feelings are clear earlier in the thread and he is in my sig picture. I love the guy and wanted him to stay even before the season when most people were happy enough to sell him but now have backflipped.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #50: Jan 11, 2015 02:54:18 pm

Around 60k a week.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #51: Jan 11, 2015 03:00:54 pm
      I take it you skipped past the first couple hundred pages in his player thread!

No, i wouldn't sell him. My feelings are clear earlier in the thread and he is in my sig picture. I love the guy and wanted him to stay even before the season when most people were happy enough to sell him but now have backflipped.

Was just a question but I'll leave it due to the sarcastic opening to your reply.

Good day.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #52: Jan 11, 2015 04:26:31 pm
      Pearce in Echo -

Meanwhile, the Reds have yet to receive a bid from Inter Milan for midfielder Lucas Leiva. The Brazil international has been linked with a £7million move to the San Siro but Liverpool are reluctant to sell him. There is certainly no chance of Lucas, who has been ever present during the club's recent seven-game unbeaten run, being allowed to leave on loan.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2876 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #53: Jan 12, 2015 01:00:55 pm
      suicide mission selling him unless areplacement is lined up and I dont mean Fabian Delph
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #54: Jan 12, 2015 01:08:59 pm
      Do not see Lucas going anywhere.
      The monies being bantered about are definitely no cause for concern in the respect of any FSG involvement or BR making a statement - anything of that nature would just put some meat on the bone of this sh*t stirring attempt.
      It is the player and/or his agent that could give the story some legs.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #55: Jan 12, 2015 01:50:15 pm
      From a financial point of view, (and I know I'll get slammed for this) I can see the benefit of taking 7 million quid for Lucas if that's what's on offer. He's probably never going to be worth that much again in his career, and well though he is playing right now I think most people would accept that in the fairly immediate term, we ARE going to need a more mobile central midfielder.

Is Fabian Delph that man? I'm not so sure as he definitely is more of a box to box type than Lucas, but he is a far better player than many on here are giving him credit for that's for sure.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #56: Jan 12, 2015 02:00:33 pm
      From a financial point of view, (and I know I'll get slammed for this) I can see the benefit of taking 7 million quid for Lucas if that's what's on offer. He's probably never going to be worth that much again in his career, and well though he is playing right now I think most people would accept that in the fairly immediate term, we ARE going to need a more mobile central midfielder.

Is Fabian Delph that man? I'm not so sure as he definitely is more of a box to box type than Lucas, but he is a far better player than many on here are giving him credit for that's for sure.

We should just buy a RCB and move Can forward.

(Please, Brendan, don't do this ^ )
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #57: Jan 12, 2015 02:49:59 pm

Are we really that desperate for 7 million quid, seriously? You'd sell one of our current key players because he might only be worth 3 million in a years time? Sorry but that's ridiculous! Sell our only defensive mid and bring in another Jordan Henderson, I see no logic...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #58: Jan 12, 2015 02:58:12 pm
      I'd rather keep Lucas, and our settled team, and hunt down Champions League football,
      then be penny wise and pound foolish, again.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #59: Jan 12, 2015 02:58:29 pm
      Are we really that desperate for 7 million quid, seriously? You'd sell one of our current key players because he might only be worth 3 million in a years time? Sorry but that's ridiculous! Sell our only defensive mid and bring in another Jordan Henderson, I see no logic...

Exactly.

Also, with Lucas, he has never relied on pace, so the more games he plays and older he gets, he'll become even better than now if he stays injury free.

We have to remember, Lucas is only 28 and should be peaking around now. I actually think he can play at a high level until at the very least, 33.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #60: Jan 12, 2015 03:12:27 pm
      I'd rather keep Lucas, and our settled team, and hunt down Champions League football,

Of course, there is no practical reason to even consider getting shut of the lad, just as surely there is no smoke without fire.
      Could be there is a testing of the water ahead of a more positive enquiry, a few words of assured intent from the manager should be enough to stifle further sniffing.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #61: Jan 12, 2015 03:17:39 pm
      It won't happen. You want to know how I know this?
      I won't let it happen.
      I'm sorry Brendan, I'll let you out of my cellar when the transfer window is closed.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #62: Jan 12, 2015 03:23:04 pm
      Just to qualify I'm not saying I would necessarily sell Lucas. I'm simply saying that from a financial viewpoint I CAN see the sense in it in terms of his transfer fee (if indeed it's 7 million).
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #63: Jan 12, 2015 03:25:45 pm
      Just to qualify I'm not saying I would necessarily sell Lucas. I'm simply saying that from a financial viewpoint I CAN see the sense in it in terms of his transfer fee (if indeed it's 7 million).

How would it make sense financially?

If we have someone lined up they will cost a lot more than £7M and if we dont then we can kiss top 4 away which would be a financial disaster.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #64: Jan 12, 2015 03:28:52 pm

I wouldn't sell him for that amount.
      But I can see why its being considered. With his age this probably the last time we will get an offer for him which is more than we paid. It also seems like we are desperate to pick up cash right now where we can (Assaidi could have easily waited til the summer), implying that we are tight on cash but want to spend on something bigger.

If it were a case of sell Lucas and get a 20mil pound striker rather than a 13mil striker - even I might be tempted.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #65: Jan 12, 2015 03:39:37 pm
      If we sell Lucas this window with the form he is in then it will only confirm the club is being run by complete morons.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #66: Jan 12, 2015 03:44:38 pm
      If we sell Lucas this window with the form he is in then it will only confirm the club is being run by complete morons.

Unless we bring in someone far superior? :D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #67: Jan 12, 2015 03:47:47 pm

Like Fabian Delph?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #68: Jan 12, 2015 04:47:03 pm

When if at all did a player leave and his replacement was realistically superior?
      We are discussing the FSG/Brendan Rodgers era of course, Kenny Dalglish can obviously be omitted from this discussion.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #69: Jan 12, 2015 05:36:27 pm
      But I can see why its being considered. With his age this probably the last time we will get an offer for him which is more than we paid. It also seems like we are desperate to pick up cash right now where we can (Assaidi could have easily waited til the summer), implying that we are tight on cash but want to spend on something bigger.

If it were a case of sell Lucas and get a 20mil pound striker rather than a 13mil striker - even I might be tempted.

The price of a player doesn't dictate their quality or their value to a team. Borini cost 10m, Balotelli cost 16m, Suarez cost 22m Carroll cost 35m. All but one of those are poor at their job.

Assaidi may not have waited until the summer, the chances are we may not have even got an offer for him in the summer.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #70: Jan 12, 2015 08:03:16 pm

Spot on.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #71: Jan 12, 2015 08:31:14 pm

I wouldn't sell him. Period.

Sign me Mascherano as well and I'd say we have competition for a change.

Get rid and we're a different and frankly more vulnerable side.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #72: Jan 12, 2015 09:03:58 pm
      Surely not? It would be bonkers. Balls to the 'financial sense' angle, I'm sick of hearing it. I swear FSG have turned us all into flipping accounts. And the idea of replacing him with a player like Delph (who tbf doesn't look bad) in mid-season doesn't work for me. Delph has played in Paul Lambert's ultra defensive Villa side, he might be physically superior to Lucas but they don't press the ball, they don't play a high line, they don't get after teams. They simply sit back, deny space and play banks of 4/5. It would take him time to get up to speed at LFC. Lucas is doing a great job at the moment.

It would be sheer folly to let the lad go regardless of the price or the fact hew  as surplus to requirements 3 months ago.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #73: Jan 12, 2015 09:30:53 pm
      Don't see that the benefit outweighs the cost, and a big part of the potential cost for me is anything that might unsteady us just as we've begun to turn things around. In different circumstances maybe...but not now.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #74: Jan 13, 2015 10:20:19 am
      This cant be true. Makes no sense to sell him now let alone loan him. Beaten once in 13 games and that's the one he didn't play. He is possibly out most important player in this system.

Border line negligence if this is true.

Don't care who the replacement is,  you do not replace this position mid season.

Better be media sh*te
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #75: Jan 13, 2015 11:13:43 pm
      Madness to sell a key midfield player, who has finally established himself into the side, after such an indifferent start, to my mind.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #76: Jan 14, 2015 12:03:32 am
      can't see any real legs in this anyway?? the express?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #77: Jan 14, 2015 12:19:24 am
      can't see any real legs in this anyway?? the express?

Don't know which paper, but if you'd ordered this for Xmas

you'd get less bullshit.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #78: Jan 14, 2015 02:49:21 am
      I wouldn't sell him. Period.

Get rid and we're a different and frankly more vulnerable side.

Well you'd probably sell him for a billion pounds, which really means we are on the same page - just trying to determine what his true value is.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #79: Jan 14, 2015 01:40:32 pm
      No way this is happening.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #80: Jan 16, 2015 01:06:14 am
      Lucas was pretty dour following his injury lay off. This season he has gradually got up to the level he was pre injury. Showing some of his best form at the moment, and consistently. We would be fools to let him go, especially with the options we will be left with. Another backwards step for me that one. Total madness.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #81: Jan 16, 2015 07:21:24 am
      He's not going anywhere until the summer at least, when his contract will be reviewed which makes sense.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lucas-staying-anfield-brendan-rodgers-8456513
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #82: Jan 16, 2015 07:22:18 pm

Competition? what competition? Masch would own that position and make it his own!! :D

He's not going anywhere until the summer at least, when his contract will be reviewed which makes sense.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lucas-staying-anfield-brendan-rodgers-8456513

This is good to know.

Rossiter will be 19 in a couple of seasons time, so maybe having Lucas staying to mentor Rossiter would be a good idea. Lucas and Can fighting for the defensive midfield role and Rossiter as 3rd choice isn't actually so bad, is it?

I would give Lucas a new 4-5 year contract tbh, but if we don't and do sell, please... buy Schneiderlin or someone far superior!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #83: Jan 16, 2015 07:31:40 pm
      Yann M'Vila was someone always touted regularly on the forum, looks like he will be released by Inter.

I assume because he has not cut the mustard.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #84: Jan 16, 2015 07:35:28 pm
      Yann M'Vila was someone always touted regularly on the forum, looks like he will be released by Inter.

I assume because he has not cut the mustard.

I rated him highly and thought he was gonna become one of the best defensive midfielders around. I really don't know whats happened to him, do you?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #85: Jan 16, 2015 07:39:54 pm
      I rated him highly and thought he was gonna become one of the best defensive midfielders around. I really don't know whats happened to him, do you?

No mate I know he went to Rubin Kazan and then pretty quickly was loaned out to Inter and I sort of lost interest.

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #86: Jan 22, 2015 04:44:30 pm
      If this is true I just hope that LFC officials tell these inter officials, who came to london to talk about Lucas , That they spent thier flight money in vain and send them back to milan immediately
       we have to JUST KEEP LUCAS HERE , we have been much much better with him in the team  and hope that BR don't keep him out to accomodate Allen when he is fit
      http://www.sportsfan.com.au/inter,-liverpool-hold-talks-over-leiva/tabid/91/newsid/152357/default.aspx
      YNWA
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #87: Jan 22, 2015 10:07:39 pm
      He's one of my favourite players so I am biased when I say that they would be completely out of their minds to sell Lucas and instead they should be giving him a long contract extension .
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #88: Jan 23, 2015 02:48:56 pm
      can we not make jo Allen wear a blond wig and sell him to inter

Quick Reply