Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Lucas Leiva

Read 9163 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Re: Lucas Leiva
      Reply #23: Jan 10, 2015 09:29:27 pm
      Word is Inter and a figure of £7m are involved.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #24: Jan 10, 2015 09:42:38 pm
      Can's already here, lads.

If Lucas goes Can will be moved to CM.

*sigh*
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #25: Jan 10, 2015 10:01:03 pm
      Think you slightly misunderstood me mate. I meant I could see us replacing him with someone that is full of potential, probably not even born yet but is definitely going to be world class, at which point of course we'll sell him.

/sarcasm off

:)

;) I got it mate.....just my pessimism ruling re signings....
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #26: Jan 10, 2015 10:02:54 pm
      Can's already here, lads.

If Lucas goes Can will be moved to CM.

*sigh*

Actually I think DM is Can's best position.  He's just been stuck in the back three because we have no other choice.

Lucas has been doing well as of late but if his leaving means Can will be our starting DM then I'm all for it. 

The one downside (and I'm 100% serious) is that if Lucas leaves Coutinho will be the only Brazilian (and the only Portuguese speaker) left in the squad.  I'm not even joking at all when I say it could have  an effect.  When Coutinho came Lucas put his arm around him and got him settled etc. 

I just hope that Coutinho is fine in Liverpool and that if Atletico or someone comes in with a huge bid in the summer he won't be tempted.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #27: Jan 10, 2015 10:06:18 pm
      Few rumours that he'll be off and that it's just a matter of time before the deal is wrapped up.

Unbelievable if we let him go without a replacement.

I'd be suprised with the amount of football he has had recently and the importance to the role in this system if he is allowed to leave in January

Just press speculation like most things this month and us I'd think
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Reply #28: Jan 10, 2015 10:28:05 pm
      I'd be suprised with the amount of football he has had recently and the importance to the role in this system if he is allowed to leave in January

Just press speculation like most things this month and us I'd think

Hope so mate but the same people who were saying Gerrard would be off before it was announced are the ones saying this so it looks like it could be on.

Do agree it would be a bizarre move. He's suddenly become very important for us and if other clubs won't let their important players go in January why should we? We're not going to be able to get anyone in who can make a similar impact as I don't see us spending 20m on a Schneiderlin-type player. Can does suit that role but that would mean Lovren coming back into the team and I'm not sure that's the way to go, he was poor today and we looked a lot more shaky with him in the side.

Should try and keep him until the summer.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #29: Jan 10, 2015 11:47:57 pm
      He looks like he is on his way. Gazzeto Dello Sport or whatever it's called saying the clubs met on Friday to discuss terms.

I'd say we've become a joke if we sell him at this point but we became a joke in the transfer market a long time ago.

Anybody on a decent wage is available from us.

Expect a young 20 year old DM to come in for £12 million but on low wages whilst the manager is pushed in front of the cameras to tell everybody about how we are buying for the long term future of the club and all that other PR driven bullshit that is used to hide the penny pinching journey to mediocrity.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #30: Jan 11, 2015 12:08:07 am
      Simply stupidity from a footballing point of view to let Lucas go, but the owners think they know best. Slowly but surely FSG will turn us into a mid table side.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #31: Jan 11, 2015 12:08:41 am
      Absolutely F***ing disgraceful if we sell Lucas without bringing in a far superior replacement. He along with Coutinho are our only midfielders capable of keeping our team composed and allow us to play the possession game.

Lucas has been our best player since he became a starter, he has been playing a high consistent level and because of that, our defense and teamplay has looked a lot better. The chemistry and balance in the middle when Hendo & Coutinho plays with Lucas has been nothing short of exceptional. I am just so baffled as to why selling Lucas is even considered.

Only player I see that would replace Lucas and maintain that balance & chemistry would be Schneiderlin, so like I said before, it's either Schneiderlin or Lucas, end of.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #32: Jan 11, 2015 12:20:13 am
      If we sell Lucas without buying a replacement we are not here to win, just to make as much profit as possible.

Lucas has been one of our best players this season.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #33: Jan 11, 2015 12:32:23 am
      He looks like he is on his way. Gazzeto Dello Sport or whatever it's called saying the clubs met on Friday to discuss terms.

I'd say we've become a joke if we sell him at this point but we became a joke in the transfer market a long time ago.

Anybody on a decent wage is available from us.

Expect a young 20 year old DM to come in for £12 million but on low wages whilst the manager is pushed in front of the cameras to tell everybody about how we are buying for the long term future of the club and all that other PR driven bullshit that is used to hide the penny pinching journey to mediocrity.

Exactly this mate.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #34: Jan 11, 2015 03:12:26 am
      Actually I think DM is Can's best position.  He's just been stuck in the back three because we have no other choice.

Lucas has been doing well as of late but if his leaving means Can will be our starting DM then I'm all for it. 

The one downside (and I'm 100% serious) is that if Lucas leaves Coutinho will be the only Brazilian (and the only Portuguese speaker) left in the squad.  I'm not even joking at all when I say it could have  an effect.  When Coutinho came Lucas put his arm around him and got him settled etc. 

I just hope that Coutinho is fine in Liverpool and that if Atletico or someone comes in with a huge bid in the summer he won't be tempted.
      I hope you didn't notice the implication. If Can is moved to DM , Lovren comes back to Defense ;D
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 265 
      Reply #35: Jan 11, 2015 03:59:39 am
      Maybe I see thing in different way but I'd be worry if Lucas go as i think it could upset Coutinho (I said this before and want to say again) as they seemed best friend from same culture. No need to mention keep Lucas is not much harm to the club as he has great professional and despite limit in some area of his game he's still very useful to the team.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #36: Jan 11, 2015 05:08:50 am
      If it were me, I would give Lucas a new contract.

Hendo-Lucas is the only 'stable' midfield pairing we have, the so-called Vertical and Horizontal players. Can should be rotated with these 2 as I feel he has 'both' the traits of attacking and defending. Allen is just Allen, Stevie is going and the next midfielder we have is Rossiter. If anything, we should already be signing another midfielder.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #37: Jan 11, 2015 05:56:16 am
      It would be criminal if Lucas goes in Jan. Forget about getting a new DM, its not a coincidence that the our best form this season has been with Lucas in the team. Currently he is very close to his pre injury form and the team looks as stable as it has been this season with him in the team.

I will lose all sympathies/support I have for Brendan if he allows the sale of Lucas.
      Anyone knows how much wage he is on?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #38: Jan 11, 2015 08:25:28 am
      It would be criminal if Lucas goes in Jan. Forget about getting a new DM, its not a coincidence that the our best form this season has been with Lucas in the team. Currently he is very close to his pre injury form and the team looks as stable as it has been this season with him in the team.

I will lose all sympathies/support I have for Brendan if he allows the sale of Lucas.
      Anyone knows how much wage he is on?

He'll be on £6.50 ph if FSG get their 'minimum wage' way

YNWA

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #39: Jan 11, 2015 08:38:26 am
      It would be an absolute farce if Lucas goes. He's coming into form at last after that horrific injury years ago. He's one of our most experienced players and since we're losing Gerrard, it would be criminal if he went too.

Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #40: Jan 11, 2015 11:26:32 am
      There's no logical reason to let Lucas go in January when he's now a first team regular of growing importance. Why would it even be considered?
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #41: Jan 11, 2015 11:32:34 am
      I hope these rumours are just that, rumours. I cannot believe that we as a club are going to allow this to happen. Having said that, should we be surprised at anything that happens at this club anymore.
      Surely the time is coming when Brendan has to stand up to the owners, if he hasn't already, or are we to believe he is in full compliance with what they are doing!
      Oh, and there's not a cats chance in hell we'd get Schneiderlin, as others have said it will be some young cheap inexperienced kid, who'll come good in about 3 years, if we're lucky, we'll then sell him.
      Such is the gospel according to that huge football expert John Henry.
      You couldn't make it up!
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #42: Jan 11, 2015 11:39:04 am
      I have been a fan of Lucas for a long time - he has been battered by LFC fans for some time now and is often the butt of jokes...

However, he is not the player he was since his injury and to be honest I would rather see Can play in his role with a back 4 that doesn't include Lovren. For my money Can is a better player and can do something going forward that Lucas cannot.

What is more worrying is the fact that we are losing a lot of senior players and that BR is getting rid of the 'old guard' one by one.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #43: Jan 11, 2015 11:46:34 am
      He'll be on £6.50 ph if FSG get their 'minimum wage' way

YNWA

:D Lucas is reportedly on similar wages to Mignolet and Lovren (60-70k), and on less what Touré and Balotelli earn.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #44: Jan 11, 2015 12:50:54 pm
      Inter are only signing players on loan and Rodgers has said he won't leave on loan so I'm not convinced he will go
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #45: Jan 11, 2015 01:52:26 pm
      Would be very silly to sell him this window, especially if we don't have a replacement lined up.
      Lucas-Henderson midfield 2 seems to definitely work and whilst he doesn't offer the best of options attacking wise he keeps us ticking in the midfield, could be pure coincidence but we have lost 1 game in our last 12 and Lucas has started 11 of them, guess which one he never started...

Quick Reply