Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Lucas Leiva

Read 9146 times
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Re: Lucas Leiva
      Reply #46: Jan 11, 2015 02:07:30 pm
      If I'm being honest I don't think he's irreplaceable as a player but characters like Lucas don't grow on trees.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Jan 11, 2015 02:26:25 pm
      Didn't think i'd live to see the day people are outraged we could potentially sell Lucas Leiva.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #48: Jan 11, 2015 02:30:19 pm
      Didn't think i'd live to see the day people are outraged we could potentially sell Lucas Leiva.

Why? Do you think it's the right thing to do at this point?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #49: Jan 11, 2015 02:37:23 pm
      Why? Do you think it's the right thing to do at this point?

I take it you skipped past the first couple hundred pages in his player thread!

No, i wouldn't sell him. My feelings are clear earlier in the thread and he is in my sig picture. I love the guy and wanted him to stay even before the season when most people were happy enough to sell him but now have backflipped.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #50: Jan 11, 2015 02:54:18 pm
      Anyone knows how much wage he is on?

Around 60k a week.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #51: Jan 11, 2015 03:00:54 pm
      I take it you skipped past the first couple hundred pages in his player thread!

No, i wouldn't sell him. My feelings are clear earlier in the thread and he is in my sig picture. I love the guy and wanted him to stay even before the season when most people were happy enough to sell him but now have backflipped.

Was just a question but I'll leave it due to the sarcastic opening to your reply.

Good day.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #52: Jan 11, 2015 04:26:31 pm
      Pearce in Echo -

Meanwhile, the Reds have yet to receive a bid from Inter Milan for midfielder Lucas Leiva. The Brazil international has been linked with a £7million move to the San Siro but Liverpool are reluctant to sell him. There is certainly no chance of Lucas, who has been ever present during the club's recent seven-game unbeaten run, being allowed to leave on loan.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #53: Jan 12, 2015 01:00:55 pm
      suicide mission selling him unless areplacement is lined up and I dont mean Fabian Delph
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3959 
      Reply #54: Jan 12, 2015 01:08:59 pm
      Do not see Lucas going anywhere.
      The monies being bantered about are definitely no cause for concern in the respect of any FSG involvement or BR making a statement - anything of that nature would just put some meat on the bone of this sh*t stirring attempt.
      It is the player and/or his agent that could give the story some legs.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #55: Jan 12, 2015 01:50:15 pm
      From a financial point of view, (and I know I'll get slammed for this) I can see the benefit of taking 7 million quid for Lucas if that's what's on offer. He's probably never going to be worth that much again in his career, and well though he is playing right now I think most people would accept that in the fairly immediate term, we ARE going to need a more mobile central midfielder.

Is Fabian Delph that man? I'm not so sure as he definitely is more of a box to box type than Lucas, but he is a far better player than many on here are giving him credit for that's for sure.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #56: Jan 12, 2015 02:00:33 pm
      From a financial point of view, (and I know I'll get slammed for this) I can see the benefit of taking 7 million quid for Lucas if that's what's on offer. He's probably never going to be worth that much again in his career, and well though he is playing right now I think most people would accept that in the fairly immediate term, we ARE going to need a more mobile central midfielder.

Is Fabian Delph that man? I'm not so sure as he definitely is more of a box to box type than Lucas, but he is a far better player than many on here are giving him credit for that's for sure.

We should just buy a RCB and move Can forward.

(Please, Brendan, don't do this ^ )
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #57: Jan 12, 2015 02:49:59 pm

Are we really that desperate for 7 million quid, seriously? You'd sell one of our current key players because he might only be worth 3 million in a years time? Sorry but that's ridiculous! Sell our only defensive mid and bring in another Jordan Henderson, I see no logic...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #58: Jan 12, 2015 02:58:12 pm
      I'd rather keep Lucas, and our settled team, and hunt down Champions League football,
      then be penny wise and pound foolish, again.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #59: Jan 12, 2015 02:58:29 pm
      Are we really that desperate for 7 million quid, seriously? You'd sell one of our current key players because he might only be worth 3 million in a years time? Sorry but that's ridiculous! Sell our only defensive mid and bring in another Jordan Henderson, I see no logic...

Exactly.

Also, with Lucas, he has never relied on pace, so the more games he plays and older he gets, he'll become even better than now if he stays injury free.

We have to remember, Lucas is only 28 and should be peaking around now. I actually think he can play at a high level until at the very least, 33.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3959 
      Reply #60: Jan 12, 2015 03:12:27 pm
      I'd rather keep Lucas, and our settled team, and hunt down Champions League football,
      then be penny wise and pound foolish, again.

Of course, there is no practical reason to even consider getting shut of the lad, just as surely there is no smoke without fire.
      Could be there is a testing of the water ahead of a more positive enquiry, a few words of assured intent from the manager should be enough to stifle further sniffing.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #61: Jan 12, 2015 03:17:39 pm
      It won't happen. You want to know how I know this?
      I won't let it happen.
      I'm sorry Brendan, I'll let you out of my cellar when the transfer window is closed.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #62: Jan 12, 2015 03:23:04 pm
      Just to qualify I'm not saying I would necessarily sell Lucas. I'm simply saying that from a financial viewpoint I CAN see the sense in it in terms of his transfer fee (if indeed it's 7 million).
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #63: Jan 12, 2015 03:25:45 pm
      Just to qualify I'm not saying I would necessarily sell Lucas. I'm simply saying that from a financial viewpoint I CAN see the sense in it in terms of his transfer fee (if indeed it's 7 million).

How would it make sense financially?

If we have someone lined up they will cost a lot more than £7M and if we dont then we can kiss top 4 away which would be a financial disaster.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #64: Jan 12, 2015 03:28:52 pm

I wouldn't sell him for that amount.
      But I can see why its being considered. With his age this probably the last time we will get an offer for him which is more than we paid. It also seems like we are desperate to pick up cash right now where we can (Assaidi could have easily waited til the summer), implying that we are tight on cash but want to spend on something bigger.

If it were a case of sell Lucas and get a 20mil pound striker rather than a 13mil striker - even I might be tempted.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #65: Jan 12, 2015 03:39:37 pm
      If we sell Lucas this window with the form he is in then it will only confirm the club is being run by complete morons.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #66: Jan 12, 2015 03:44:38 pm
      If we sell Lucas this window with the form he is in then it will only confirm the club is being run by complete morons.

Unless we bring in someone far superior? :D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #67: Jan 12, 2015 03:47:47 pm

Like Fabian Delph?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3959 
      Reply #68: Jan 12, 2015 04:47:03 pm

When if at all did a player leave and his replacement was realistically superior?
      We are discussing the FSG/Brendan Rodgers era of course, Kenny Dalglish can obviously be omitted from this discussion.

Quick Reply