Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match.

Mignolet
      9 (9.5%)
      Can
      20 (21.1%)
      Skrtel
      20 (21.1%)
      Sakho
      1 (1.1%)
      Ibe
      36 (37.9%)
      Henderson
      1 (1.1%)
      Lucas
      1 (1.1%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      3 (3.2%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Coutinho
      3 (3.2%)
      Allen
      0 (0%)
      Lambert
      1 (1.1%)
      Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Everton 0:0 Liverpool, In game and post match debate.

Read 45681 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Everton 0:0 Liverpool, In game and post match debate.
      Reply #483: Feb 07, 2015 07:41:17 pm
      get the F**k out of here, yes i said gerrard should start but not in the role brendan gave him and not playing 90 minutes doing F**k all

also he hasnt got the stamina to play week in week out, let alone 3 games in a week, use your brain for once, there are games he should start, and games he shouldnt
      Hindsight is a great thing .

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #484: Feb 07, 2015 07:41:47 pm

you are all out in force arent you, i said he should start based how well he used to play against the bitters, but he should have been subbed off when he was playing F**k all, you don't expect to win a game when you're playing with 8 men, gerrard allen and lambert were doing fuckall in the 2nd half
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #485: Feb 07, 2015 07:41:48 pm
      The one good thing to come out of this match was the performance of young Ibe, man of the match for me and he deserved a goal with that terrific shot. I also thought Can had a good game with his defending and attack.The crowd should of acknowledged Stevies contribution to Derby games at the end=miserable bas**rds. If they did acknowledge it then I apologise but it did not look like they did on the tv.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #486: Feb 07, 2015 07:43:15 pm
      you are all out in force arent you, i said he should start based how well he used to play against the bitters, but he should have been subbed off when he was playing F**k all, you don't expect to win a game when you're playing with 8 men, gerrard allen and lambert were doing fuckall in the 2nd half
      How many minutes did Lambert get you tool .

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #487: Feb 07, 2015 07:43:49 pm
      The one good thing to come out of this match was the performance of young Ibe, man of the match for me and he deserved a goal with that terrific shot. I also thought Can had a good game with his defending and attack.The crowd should of acknowledged Stevies contribution to Derby games at the end=miserable bas**rds. If they did acknowledge it then I apologise but it did not look like they did on the tv.

you really think high of these scums, forgot how they decided to walk against city last season, don't want their grattitude towards stevie, let them keep it for hibbert and osman, their F***ing legends
      LFCexiled
      Reply #488: Feb 07, 2015 07:44:23 pm
      Came in, read posts, decided can't be arsed as the bile has commenced. Good luck girls.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #489: Feb 07, 2015 07:44:38 pm
      Yepp, this sums it up for me, but I would like to add that BR was too cautious. Btw I want to keep him as the manager, so don't jump on me for hating him.

I totally agree mate, you are spot on and it was cautious. I wasn't for Gerrards inclusion personally and I think this was a big mistake on behalf of the boss.

Just no creativity there - and Henderson and Allen just don't have that ability to unlock a tight game. They just aren't of that standard required I fear.
      rossyred

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #490: Feb 07, 2015 07:45:01 pm
      Thought Can was good. The MOTM is between him and skrtel for me.
      Yes sorry had a few hairy moments but Think he is going to be a great player got everything
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #491: Feb 07, 2015 07:46:16 pm
      you are all out in force arent you, i said he should start based how well he used to play against the bitters, but he should have been subbed off when he was playing f**k all, you don't expect to win a game when you're playing with 8 men, gerrard allen and lambert were doing fuckall in the 2nd half

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #492: Feb 07, 2015 07:48:06 pm

really great insight you have right there

with these kinds of short sighted people, brendan would last 20 years in charge here while winning fuckall
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #493: Feb 07, 2015 07:48:42 pm
      you really think high of these scums, forgot how they decided to walk against city last season, don't want their grattitude towards stevie, let them keep it for hibbert and osman, their f**king legends

As I grew up in the days when RED and Blues were mates and in many cases belonged to the same family I will ignore your remark. Stevie deserved an ovation at the end for his contribution to Derby Matches over the years not for how he played in this match.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #494: Feb 07, 2015 07:50:49 pm
      As I grew up in the days when RED and Blues were mates and in many cases belonged to the same family I will ignore your remark. Stevie deserved an ovation at the end for his contribution to Derby Matches over the years not for how he played in this match.

i have a mate who's a blue, called me after the game to chant : "champions league ? you're having a laugh !"

i also thought well of their fans, but when i read what they were saying before the game against city, i can't stand them anymore, still hurts the way they played against them
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #495: Feb 07, 2015 07:51:56 pm
      really great insight you have right there

with these kinds of short sighted people, brendan would last 20 years in charge here while winning fuckall

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #496: Feb 07, 2015 07:52:10 pm
      Match of the Day
      THE RUNNING ORDER

1. Tottenham v Arsenal
      2. Aston Villa v Chelsea
      3. Man City v Hull
      4. QPR v Southampton
      5. Everton v Liverpool
      6. Leicester v Crystal Palace
      7. Swansea v Sunderland

Since when did QPR vs Soton become a bigger game than the Merseyside derby?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #497: Feb 07, 2015 07:52:28 pm
      Only really caught the first half. I skipped through most of the second half as F**k all was happening but again, a game in which we seemed to dominate in the second half finished without us collecting the 3 points. I didn't agree with Gerrard starting and I still have the same opinion. Never really got into the game as such and he doesn't have the legs to press high like we need.

We needed a win to keep up with the chase for top 4 as our next 3 fixtures are difficult. Disappointed with a point.

Would like to see more of Ibe, he looked good considering it was only his second start for the club.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #498: Feb 07, 2015 07:53:06 pm

you really like to bend over to the yankees , don't you ?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #499: Feb 07, 2015 07:55:47 pm

you really like to bend over to the yankees , don't you ?

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #500: Feb 07, 2015 07:55:52 pm
      If coutinho and sterling were subbed for tactical reasons then would have been the worst substitutions since reading away under Benitez, ibe looks so composed the reluctance to get the ball to him in the second half made no sense at all
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #501: Feb 07, 2015 08:02:17 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,657 posts | 6951 
      Re: LIVE: Everton v Liverpool
      Reply #502: Feb 07, 2015 08:03:10 pm
      Brendan Rodgers said we were outstanding 5 times in about a minute of his post match intervew - so all of your points are invalid.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,657 posts | 6951 
      Reply #503: Feb 07, 2015 08:04:42 pm
      Since when did QPR vs Soton become a bigger game than the Merseyside derby?

I'm surprised our game is as high as 5th.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #504: Feb 07, 2015 08:09:21 pm
      Brendan Rodgers said we were outstanding 5 times in about a minute of his post match intervew - so all of your points are invalid.

Outstanding.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #505: Feb 07, 2015 08:10:26 pm
      Looks like the decision to keep Stevie on for the whole match based on sentimentality backfired.

Not sure why people are having such a go at Allen he was a direct replacement for Lucas, we didn't change shape and as if Lucas had made the same number of tackles, interceptions people would have said he had a solid game. He is not the attacking fulcrum of the team.

Henderson and Gerrard in particular without being being cruel were less than average.

Ibe is going to be some player.....Can was class again and big up to Skrtel and Migs.

Oh and another clean sheet, shame it was not 3 but I think we ran out of steam in the last 20. We have had a run of tough games recently

Quick Reply