Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Man City)

Read 314785 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: The Raheem Sterling Contract Situation
      Reply #805: Mar 20, 2015 02:39:35 pm
      Currently, Fenway are getting one of the PL's biggest names for a wage which may be as low as 35k a week, acc to some estimates.

First and foremost, I wouldn't call Sterling "one of the PL's biggest names." Not yet anyway.

And if he's being paid a low wage, it would because that was the first contract he signed out of the academy.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #806: Mar 20, 2015 04:26:21 pm
      One of the PL's biggest names?
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This constant hyperbole is why he's on so many peoples ignore lists I suppose.

The reason you're not on MY ignore list is that I like to read a comedy plant.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #807: Mar 20, 2015 04:32:39 pm
      I really think some of the posters here should be watching Tranmere or the Redsox instead.
      Its evident you have no interest in watching top class players at LFC, for fear of Foreyes John missing out on another few million here and there.

I'm actually still boycotting most games. Due to the way Scamway desecrated the club's traditions with replacing Luis with that shower of sh*t up front. If Raheem is asset stripped for stadium devlt/profits/whatever, I don't think I'd bother with one single game. I'm one of the biggest diehards I've ever known, so if someone like me is at the end of my patience, I think we can guess what most other real fans think. (I dont consider the "brand supporters" to be real fans BTW).

If Henry announced a "merger" with Manc Utd, some of you would prattle on about it being "financially prudent" etc. Even if that sh*te is still a few years off.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3959 
      Reply #808: Mar 20, 2015 04:37:07 pm
      BR has reiterated in saying the lad wants to concentrate on his footy and him and his representative would prefer to sort the contract in the close season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #809: Mar 20, 2015 04:51:28 pm
      I really think some of the posters here should be watching Tranmere or the Redsox instead.
      Its evident you have no interest in watching top class players at LFC, for fear of Foreyes John missing out on another few million here and there.

I'm actually still boycotting most games. Due to the way Scamway desecrated the club's traditions with replacing Luis with that shower of sh*t up front. If Raheem is asset stripped for stadium devlt/profits/whatever, I don't think I'd bother with one single game. I'm one of the biggest diehards I've ever known, so if someone like me is at the end of my patience, I think we can guess what most other real fans think. (I dont consider the "brand supporters" to be real fans BTW).

If Henry announced a "merger" with Manc Utd, some of you would prattle on about it being "financially prudent" etc. Even if that sh*te is still a few years off.

I'm sure your support is sorely missed  :roll:

brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #810: Mar 20, 2015 05:11:45 pm
      Currently, Fenway are getting one of the PL's biggest names for a wage which may be as low as 35k a week, acc to some estimates.

If we're going point fingers about who's dragging their heels, maybe we should look at who's benefiting from the current situation...

Biggest names ????youve got to be kidding the never ending Wankest over raheem is puzzling .
      Yes he's quick
      Yes he has potential
      But
      His decision making and final ball are a bit sh*t tbh.
      Now he should get a staggered contract which offers incentives to score and perform start at £75,000 and work a £25,000 per year rise or more if needs be .
      But if he thinks he is worth £150,000 per week NOW he's having a laugh.
      And if city want to lob £60 mill our way then so be it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,380 posts | 6403 
      Reply #811: Mar 20, 2015 05:24:49 pm

I had started to respond to this drivel, but the fact that I had to read through it made me feel so dumb that I don't have the desire to continue...........

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #812: Mar 20, 2015 09:32:29 pm

You're one of the biggest diehards you've ever known when you don't even watch the games?

It was FSg who brought Suarez here who did your hero Moores bring?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #813: Mar 20, 2015 09:36:35 pm
      Biggest names ????youve got to be kidding the never ending Wankest over raheem is puzzling .
      Yes he's quick
      Yes he has potential
      But
      His decision making and final ball are a bit sh*t tbh.
      Now he should get a staggered contract which offers incentives to score and perform start at £75,000 and work a £25,000 per year rise or more if needs be .
      But if he thinks he is worth £150,000 per week NOW he's having a laugh.
      And if city want to lob £60 mill our way then so be it.

(1)The wankfest over sterling is not puzzling, He's one of the brightest young talents around, and could end up being world class. We're lucky he came through our youth team, some excellent scouting there.
      (2) What makes you think Sterling thinks he's worth 150,000? The players aren't the ones that place a value on themselves. This has Agent written all over it!
      (3) I doubt City would offer that much, but if they did how much of that would disappear into the stadium fund instead of the transfer fund?

We really need (for the first time in years) to stop letting our top players go,  almost every time it happens we go backwards.
      We can't match the City's and Scum for wages, but we need to make sure our top players are paid in comparison to their importance to the team. Right now Sterling is one of our most important players, so should be paid accordingly. What should that figure be? I would say 120,000 would be about right.

People forget how Sterling was carrying the team in the early part of the season, all the weight was being placed on his shoulders.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,484 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #814: Mar 20, 2015 09:42:42 pm

People forget how Sterling was carrying the team in the early part of the season, all the weight was being placed on his shoulders.

Do this to someone in any occupation and it will have it's downsides. Pay being one of them. Same happened with me and I knew I was worth more as a result and stood my ground.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #815: Mar 20, 2015 09:49:49 pm
      Am I right in thinking no more contract talks will be held till the summer?.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #816: Mar 20, 2015 09:53:18 pm
      Do this to someone in any occupation and it will have it's downsides. Pay being one of them. Same happened with me and I knew I was worth more as a result and stood my ground.
      My point is, people forget just how good Sterling was earlier in the season. He's played a lot of games at a high intensity which probably explains his drop in form due to physical burning out.

It shows no ambition to let your best players leave, why should we let another team reap the benefits of having Sterling when we already him here. He's exactly the type of player we need here, letting him go would mean having to either find a replacement, (probably of lesser quality, if we follow the pattern so far) or develop Ibe, which may (or may not) take time.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #817: Mar 20, 2015 09:53:36 pm

I must have a hazy memory of the early season can you remind me which particular games Raheem single handedly won for LFC?

There is no doubt he has been a valuable member of the squad but honestly stuff like he has been carrying the team apart from bring utter tosh is just plain insulting to the other players.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #818: Mar 20, 2015 09:58:59 pm
      I must have a hazy memory of the early season can you remind me which particular games Raheem single handedly won for LFC?

There is no doubt he has been a valuable member of the squad but honestly stuff like he has been carrying the team apart from bring utter tosh is just plain insulting to the other players.

Where did I say he won games single handed? If you ask JD he'll probably show you the number of games where Sterling was voted MOTM in the early season. Your memory may well be hazy though.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #819: Mar 20, 2015 10:02:46 pm
      Where did I say he won games single handed? If you ask JD he'll probably show you the number of games where Sterling was voted MOTM in the early season. Your memory may well be hazy though.

If he was carrying the team then what was he doing if not winning games, I obviously have a different interpretation of that phrase from yourself.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #820: Mar 20, 2015 10:11:45 pm
      If he was carrying the team then what was he doing if not winning games, I obviously have a different interpretation of that phrase from yourself.

Maybe carrying the team is the wrong terminology, "our best player" may have been more appropriate.
      But, there's more to winning games than just scoring the winning goals, being the focal point of attacks, which Sterling was, carrying the ball, making space for other players, providing assists, are all important components to winning games.
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #821: Mar 20, 2015 10:13:18 pm
      I've no doubt that Sterling will be offered a good enough contract and he will sign. The entire model put in place by FSG is to sign young players and develop them together in order to build (rather than buy) a great team. Raheem is a critical component of that vision, as are Ibe, Hendo, Can, Studge, Coutinho, and even Moreno and Markovic. Give it time and this will be sorted.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #822: Mar 20, 2015 10:15:38 pm
      (1)The wankfest over sterling is not puzzling, He's one of the brightest young talents around, and could end up being world class. We're lucky he came through our youth team, some excellent scouting there.
      (2) What makes you think Sterling thinks he's worth 150,000? The players aren't the ones that place a value on themselves. This has Agent written all over it!
      (3) I doubt City would offer that much, but if they did how much of that would disappear into the stadium fund instead of the transfer fund?

We really need (for the first time in years) to stop letting our top players go,  almost every time it happens we go backwards.
      We can't match the City's and Scum for wages, but we need to make sure our top players are paid in comparison to their importance to the team. Right now Sterling is one of our most important players, so should be paid accordingly. What should that figure be? I would say 120,000 would be about right.

1 .he didn't come from "our"youth system he was scouted and plucked.do your homework.
      2.well if he's happy he should tell his agent that he's happy and stop letting his agent push his ridiculous wage demands .
      3tbh no player should be allowed to earn that amount of money of that age ......what really has he done ????? Apart from having one amazing season with Luis a and Daniel ???.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #823: Mar 20, 2015 10:24:16 pm
      Maybe carrying the team is the wrong terminology, "our best player" may have been more appropriate.
      But, there's more to winning games than just scoring the winning goals, being the focal point of attacks, which Sterling was, carrying the ball, making space for other players, providing assists, are all important components to winning games.

That's probably a more accurate reflection.

He was one of our better players when we were playing sh*te, yet this is the crux of the argument for many people if he was worth that alleged £150k he thinks he is worth then he should have been able to win at least a couple of games single handedly rather than just be less sh*te than the rest of the team?

Since the team have started playing well, in tune with Rodgers tactics has Raheem stood out as being twice the player compared to Coutinho, Hendo or even 7x Ibe in his few starts.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #824: Mar 20, 2015 10:36:41 pm
      1 .he didn't come from "our"youth system he was scouted and plucked.do your homework.
      2.well if he's happy he should tell his agent that he's happy and stop letting his agent push his ridiculous wage demands .
      3tbh no player should be allowed to earn that amount of money of that age ......what really has he done ????? Apart from having one amazing season with Luis a and Daniel ???.

(1)He did come from our youth system, as he played for the academy team, and I'm well aware he was scouted,( like a lot of young players are, Ojo, Texieria, ............hence me saying " excellent scouting there"

(2) I don't know what Sterling his agent in regards to this negotiation, it's the agents job ( rightly or wrongly)to get the best deal he can for his client. It's the same with any job that requires an agent.
      (3)Are you seriously trying to put the credit for Sterling's good season last year, down to Suarez and Sturridge? Funny, that's just what the Mancs said about Sturridge, it was all down to Suarez making him look good!
      If Sterling looked better when playing with S&S, maybe that's because having the best strike force in the country took the pressure of his young shoulders, and give him an outlet, whereas this season we've no feck all up front to give the ball to.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #825: Mar 20, 2015 10:40:10 pm
      That's probably a more accurate reflection.

He was one of our better players when we were playing sh*te, yet this is the crux of the argument for many people if he was worth that alleged £150k he thinks he is worth then he should have been able to win at least a couple of games single handedly rather than just be less sh*te than the rest of the team?

Since the team have started playing well, in tune with Rodgers tactics has Raheem stood out as being twice the player compared to Coutinho, Hendo or even 7x Ibe in his few starts.

I think £150,000 is too much money, if that's even the real figure his agent is seeking, a lot of this is paper talk!
      I do believe he will become a £150,000 player in the next couple of seasons though, which is why I'm so keen for us to keep him here.
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #826: Mar 20, 2015 10:45:13 pm
      Has sterling actually came out and said anything, Iv'e just thought it was all paper talk so ignored it, He should get 15 to 20 goals before making any demands the pleb
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #827: Mar 20, 2015 10:49:15 pm
      I think £150,000 is too much money, if that's even the real figure his agent is seeking, a lot of this is paper talk!
      I do believe he will become a £150,000 player in the next couple of seasons though, which is why I'm so keen for us to keep him here.

I think most LFC fans believe he can become a £150k if not more player but probably only if he stays with us, rather than chasing the money if he is good enough it will come to him.
      I can't in any way believe Pellegrini ,Maureen etc would invest that much time in his welfare like Rodgers has giving him his big break, playing so many first team games and even giving him a 2 week break mid season!

In such circumstances if Raheem can't see what is good for his future career and bank balance then either he needs to sack his Agent or maybe he has the wrong perspective.

Quick Reply