Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Liverpool 1-0 Besiktas: In game and Post Match 'Half time in this tie' debate

Read 32703 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Besiktas: In game and Post Match 'Half time in this tie' debate
      Reply #460: Feb 19, 2015 10:04:17 pm
      Looking back at the replay, Sturridge was arguing for Henderson after Balotelli took the ball of Henderson. Didn't appear to me that Sturridge wanted it after seeing the replay.
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Besiktas: In game and Post Match 'Half time in this tie' debate
      Reply #461: Feb 19, 2015 10:04:45 pm
      Loved Mario's confidence. Grabbed the ball out of Hendo's hands and didn't look back. Love this guy and hope he's found a home here
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,381 posts | 1021 
      Reply #462: Feb 19, 2015 10:05:02 pm
      The team is what matters, not individual egos. We won, couldn't care less who scored, as long as someone did.
      Glad it was Mario though!  :clap:
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #463: Feb 19, 2015 10:05:13 pm
      Hendo wanted to take it lads.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Besiktas
      Reply #464: Feb 19, 2015 10:05:13 pm
      Did i  mention anything about talent I am questioning his attitude at times which is best described as sulky ive forgot more than you know

Haha, not how to format your posts it seems. I think the whole sulky thing, if you watch any interviews with him or look at photos from training is absolute bullshit. Lets not have ego here. Your comment is out of line.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,314 posts | 769 
      Reply #465: Feb 19, 2015 10:05:23 pm
      Mario looked more of a team player tonight, also took the responsibility of taking an important penalty.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #466: Feb 19, 2015 10:05:28 pm
      If Gerrard isn't on the pitch then it's Mario who takes penalties and free kicks. Mario is impeccable from the spot.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,392 posts | 6405 
      Reply #467: Feb 19, 2015 10:05:31 pm
      Gerrard: If I was on the pitch I would have taken it. That's what would have happened.

Sure...but you're a penalty taking mad man and still our Captain, that only makes sense ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6781 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #468: Feb 19, 2015 10:05:44 pm
      Get the F**k in with the win...now need to keep a clean sheet when we go to Turkey.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #469: Feb 19, 2015 10:05:55 pm
      Thought Mario played really well after coming on. After Gerrard, he should be next on the penalty-taking list for sure.
      Sturridge's attitude was poor today. Every time he received the ball he seemed to slow down our attack a lot.
      Regardless what happened, every player should feel happy about the goal. The reluctance for celebrating from some wasn't nice to see.
      Anyway, a win and clean sheet!! Thought Ibe was MOM for me. And Moreno was very good too.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #470: Feb 19, 2015 10:06:02 pm
      These two sound like a pair of F***ing kids on ITV, Gerrard sat there thinking what the F**k?! :lmao:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,716 posts | 3938 
      Reply #471: Feb 19, 2015 10:06:26 pm
      Gerrard ain't happy
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,621 posts | 2159 
      Reply #472: Feb 19, 2015 10:06:42 pm
      I think Henderson wanted it, then Balotelli approached him to take it so let him and then Sturridge came over wanting to take it.

Funny discussing this! I don't think Studge wanted but he was giving Henderson a hard time about letting Mario take the ball.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #473: Feb 19, 2015 10:07:13 pm
      Peter Reid showing why he's a crap manager.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #474: Feb 19, 2015 10:07:36 pm
      I have to question why Jordan is picked for penalties above Mario, that's ridiculous.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,716 posts | 3938 
      Reply #475: Feb 19, 2015 10:07:38 pm
      Peter Reid showing why he's a crap manager.

Ha ha ha
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #476: Feb 19, 2015 10:07:39 pm
      Funny discussing this! I don't think Studge wanted but he was giving Henderson a hard time about letting Mario take the ball.

Agree... who cares... had he missed.... ha
      CHOW87
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #477: Feb 19, 2015 10:07:45 pm
      Disappointed at Sturridge's reaction, similar to one time last season when Suarez didn't pass to him and he spat the dummy. A bit unnecessary that he didn't join in the celebrations.

1-0 is a great result to take over to Turkey. They'll have to attack us but I'm confident that our much-improved defence can keep them out, and I'm confident that we can get an away goal counter-attacking at pace.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #478: Feb 19, 2015 10:07:47 pm
      Disappointed at Sturridge's reaction, similar to one time last season when Suarez didn't pass to him and he spat the dummy

I think Henderson wanted it, then Balotelli approached him to take it so let him and then Sturridge came over wanting to take it.

Sturridge was telling Mario to give the ball back to Hendo, not that he wanted to take it
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #479: Feb 19, 2015 10:08:02 pm
      I make Gerrard right, Balo disrespected Hendo.

If Hendo is the penalty taker, then so be it.
      If you disagree, you should say before the game, not in front of everyone.

Hendo needs to show everyone who is the cappy.
      He will learn.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #480: Feb 19, 2015 10:08:02 pm
      Who the f*ck cares who takes the penalty as long as it goes in
       pity though we should have a  named  penalty taker if Stevie is not playing, don't know if we have and Mario took it in his own hands and SCORED , that will do to be honest
       it will tough I think in turkey, we have to be concentrated , they have a couple of key players suspended

well done reds
       YNWA
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #481: Feb 19, 2015 10:08:16 pm
      Should have been quite clear. Given Balotelli's penalty record it should have been made clear that if he was on the pitch he'd be top of the name list to take the penalty. That said, overruling your captain? That's the debate right there. But F**k it, he scored, we won and we take a good position to Turkey next week. That's all that matters really.

But great debate with Stevie in the studio with Gordon Strachan and Peter Reid. Steven being very upfront and speaking his mind. Could be a great pundit.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #482: Feb 19, 2015 10:08:26 pm

Originally I thought all three wanted it but I think Sturridge was pissed off at Henderson for letting Balotelli take the ball off of him so easy when he's on penalty duty.

Quick Reply