Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Summer Transfers IN/OUT

Read 93146 times
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Re: Summer Transfers IN/OUT
      Reply #92: Mar 13, 2015 12:15:24 pm
      Dani Alves is a better option than Glen Johnson and Javier Manquillo right now but he would demand a high wage and would only be able to serve us well for the next 2-3 years at most.  I'd rather we keep Jon Flanagan and add someone like Nathaniel Clyne, Serge Aurier or Martin Montoya which would cover the right-back slot for years to come.

The ideal fullbacks going into next season for me would be as follows:

RB - Nathaniel Clyne and Jon Flanagan
      LB - Alberto Moreno and Luke Garbutt

These four could feature in the first team right now and will only improve with age (and each have the ability to play the fullback and wingback role too). I'm not a fan of Sterling, Markovic and Ibe playing as wingbacks as they would be far more effective further forward.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #93: Mar 13, 2015 02:15:55 pm
      linked with Danni Alves now haha cant see that being true myself as he wants like 100k a week and is 31 and were getting rid of someone on 90k a week for being older and not as good as they once was...

F***ing rubbish mate, it's only saving grace is it is a little more attention grabbing than 'this toilet paper is rougher than some on your arse' , which by a product description anomaly they are not forced to print on every arse wipe they produce. 
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #94: Mar 13, 2015 02:37:30 pm
      the only OUT I want to see is Mario...
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #95: Mar 19, 2015 12:24:54 pm
      the only OUT I want to see is Mario...
      yer looks like the writing is on the wall now he's not getting a look in and dont think he will now. hopefully some turkish or Qatari club comes in and we get our money back on the lad.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #96: Mar 19, 2015 03:19:50 pm
      http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/19/manchester-city-sell-yaya-toure-clearout-youth

Piece on the guardian suggesting a possible clear out of citeh players this summer, including Zabaleta; I'd bite their hand off for him
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #97: Mar 19, 2015 04:13:19 pm
      http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/19/manchester-city-sell-yaya-toure-clearout-youth

Piece on the guardian suggesting a possible clear out of citeh players this summer, including Zabaleta; I'd bite their hand off for him

Good player but has been pretty sh*t this season plus I would rather Ibe who is 11 years younger in the WB role.

For a club that has spent about a billion on players over the last few years the only ones that would improve our first team are Aguero, Silva and Toure.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #98: Mar 19, 2015 04:13:30 pm

Yep, Zabaleta would do for me as well. Would improve us instantly.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #99: Mar 19, 2015 04:24:04 pm
      For a club that has spent about a billion on players over the last few years the only ones that would improve our first team are Aguero, Silva and Toure.

You don't think Kolarov would improve our firs team?!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #100: Mar 19, 2015 05:11:24 pm
      For a club that has spent about a billion on players over the last few years the only ones that would improve our first team are Aguero, Silva and Toure

Jovetic would be a promising signing but sadly that bloke wears bandages more frequently than his jersey!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #101: Mar 19, 2015 08:32:32 pm
      Anyone here been watching Fiorentina? Really like what I've seen of Neto so far. I think it would be stupid not to sign him when he's on a free this summer.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #102: Mar 19, 2015 08:47:25 pm
      You don't think Kolarov would improve our firs team?!

With the formation we play no I don't he's too slow to play WB.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #103: Mar 19, 2015 08:49:44 pm
      Jovetic would be a promising signing but sadly that bloke wears bandages more frequently than his jersey!

Jovetic is in the same bracket as Lamela another over rated player from the Italian league that can't cut it in the PL.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #104: Mar 19, 2015 11:04:01 pm
      Pablo Zabaleta would be an astute signing. He may be 30 now but he has the fitness levels and intensity to his game which means he could quite easily play another 4-5 years of top level football yet.

He would suit the wing-back role to a tee and with Jon Flanagan as back-up, we could be covered in that area for a number of years.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #105: Mar 20, 2015 01:53:55 am
      Pablo Zabaleta would be an astute signing. He may be 30 now but he has the fitness levels and intensity to his game which means he could quite easily play another 4-5 years of top level football yet.

He would suit the wing-back role to a tee and with Jon Flanagan as back-up, we could be covered in that area for a number of years.

Whenever I've seen Zaba recently he's looked unfit
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #106: Mar 20, 2015 08:23:37 am
      I don't understand why everyone keeps dismissing certain players because they "wouldn't fit the system we play now."

We are playing the system we do now because the old system wasn't working with the players we had.

So it stands to reason that if we brought in new players, we would change the system to fit them.

You look at the players you have and figure out how best to utilize them.  You don't sit there and say "dammit I want 5 players in midfield, buy me players to fit the system!" 

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #107: Mar 20, 2015 08:35:18 am
      woah.. replacing Mario with Walcott eh?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11484231/Arsenal-transfer-news-Liverpool-target-Theo-Walcott-as-Raheem-Sterling-contract-talks-continue-to-stall.html

Arsene Wenger concedes that even if he can get Walcott to stay with Arsenal he's expecting a prolonged negotiation, saying with a grin, "Walcott was difficult to convince [during his last contract discussion], and that is why it took so much time. He is very quick on the pitch, but off the pitch, not always."

RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #108: Mar 20, 2015 09:03:38 am
      I would like to see Walcott come to us but surely not as a direct replacement for Mario, he is NOT a real striker which is what we really need why hammer a square peg in a round hole. Like for like Mario can go if we get a genuine replacement who doesn't get injured every time the wind changes direction.

Real strikers I'd like to see wear our legendary Number 9 shirt

Lacazette
      Vietto
      Bacca
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #109: Mar 20, 2015 09:07:01 am
      woah.. replacing Mario with Walcott eh?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11484231/Arsenal-transfer-news-Liverpool-target-Theo-Walcott-as-Raheem-Sterling-contract-talks-continue-to-stall.html

Arsene Wenger concedes that even if he can get Walcott to stay with Arsenal he's expecting a prolonged negotiation, saying with a grin, "Walcott was difficult to convince [during his last contract discussion], and that is why it took so much time. He is very quick on the pitch, but off the pitch, not always."

Another season another Walcott link. This will never happen and besides he is a crock he is constantly injured.

Good player when occasionally fit but no thanks.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #110: Mar 20, 2015 09:14:48 am
      I don't understand why everyone keeps dismissing certain players because they "wouldn't fit the system we play now."

We are playing the system we do now because the old system wasn't working with the players we had.

So it stands to reason that if we brought in new players, we would change the system to fit them.

You look at the players you have and figure out how best to utilize them.  You don't sit there and say "dammit I want 5 players in midfield, buy me players to fit the system!" 

Well had we bought the players over the summer to fit the 4-3-3 system we utilised for most of last season then we might not have had such a sh*t first half of the season and actually be challenging for the title. It took months for Rodgers to devise a system to fit the new players for the very reason they simply did not fit the formation he wanted to play.

Of course managers sign players to fit a system. Do you think Mourinho didn't know what system he wanted to play before he signed Matic, Fabregas and Costa?! Oh I'll just sign a bunch of players and then come up with a system to play them in afterwards! What a load of rubbish!
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #111: Mar 28, 2015 10:47:52 pm
      We wonĀ“t see another haul-in like last summer as that was meant to build the squad with the exceptional sale of Suarez.The current squad is,in general terms,what we have to work with here.ThatĀ“s why we bought young.This isnĀ“t Mansour City or the Real Madrid Circus thank God.WeĀ“ll carry on about our business in a non-flamboyant way.WeĀ“re building a team,not buying one.So,speaking with a clear,objective mind;

OUT:

Mario Balotelli - 16M!!! If not for his ludicrous league stats (49 shots at goal/1 goal.6 months to score.Had to shoot 152 times to score 14 goals with Milan last season...) then to save some face as the honorable club we are supposed to be.DonĀ“t want to see more embarrasing sh*t like that penalty row again.Hope we find someone stupid enough to buy him for at least half his price.Would be a bargain.

Fabio Borini - I respect his desire to stay here and try to prove his worth,but he clearly isnĀ“t going to get that chance,for whatever reason.We need to sell him along with the above waste-of-space but only to fund for a true striker.

Glen Johnson - Has been devoid of any threat or heart for enough time now.With the current setup he might as well not even be on the bench,but even if we switch to a back 4 next season or an injury occurs,Flanagan will be back and Manquillo can cover.In any case any CB in his role or an academy fullback canĀ“t do much worse.

IN:

Carlos Bacca/Jackson Martinez/Proven Striker: No Berahino/Ings/Austin gambles unless very cheap.I personally like Austin but they have a long way to go before establishing themselves.And Berahino could use some rearing.Season is yet to be over and heĀ“s already acting like hes doing WBA a favor by playing for them,even not celebrating goals.DonĀ“t want that crap at Anfield,thanks.

Would like a proper full-back to challenge Moreno,Manquillo and Jon.Not Alves,heĀ“s a dick and past it.

In short,what we really need is a striker (not a 9) and someone to replace Gerrard.Except no one can replace Gerrard,so letĀ“s just find a striker.

I would personally like to get rid of Allen,Manquillo,and Toure,and replace Henderson with a better midfielder,but unless we find a like-for-like for them,they should stay to provide cover.

I always find these posts insightful as they show how fickle/absurd many are on this forum.Listing any combination of 8-12(ludicrous) players going out without listing the same number of ins or posting names that will never come here,at least not this summer.Probably the same people that only months ago wanted to axe Sterling,Coutinho,Lallana,Can,etc... :-[

Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #112: Mar 28, 2015 11:35:38 pm
      We wonĀ“t see another haul-in like last summer as that was meant to build the squad with the exceptional sale of Suarez.The current squad is,in general terms,what we have to work with here.ThatĀ“s why we bought young.This isnĀ“t Mansour City or the Real Madrid Circus thank God.WeĀ“ll carry on about our business in a non-flamboyant way.WeĀ“re building a team,not buying one.So,speaking with a clear,objective mind;

OUT:

Mario Balotelli - 16M!!! If not for his ludicrous league stats (49 shots at goal/1 goal.6 months to score.Had to shoot 152 times to score 14 goals with Milan last season...) then to save some face as the honorable club we are supposed to be.DonĀ“t want to see more embarrasing sh*t like that penalty row again.Hope we find someone stupid enough to buy him for at least half his price.Would be a bargain.

Fabio Borini - I respect his desire to stay here and try to prove his worth,but he clearly isnĀ“t going to get that chance,for whatever reason.We need to sell him along with the above waste-of-space but only to fund for a true striker.

Glen Johnson - Has been devoid of any threat or heart for enough time now.With the current setup he might as well not even be on the bench,but even if we switch to a back 4 next season or an injury occurs,Flanagan will be back and Manquillo can cover.In any case any CB in his role or an academy fullback canĀ“t do much worse.

IN:

Carlos Bacca/Jackson Martinez/Proven Striker: No Berahino/Ings/Austin gambles unless very cheap.I personally like Austin but they have a long way to go before establishing themselves.And Berahino could use some rearing.Season is yet to be over and heĀ“s already acting like hes doing WBA a favor by playing for them,even not celebrating goals.DonĀ“t want that crap at Anfield,thanks.

Would like a proper full-back to challenge Moreno,Manquillo and Jon.Not Alves,heĀ“s a dick and past it.

In short,what we really need is a striker (not a 9) and someone to replace Gerrard.Except no one can replace Gerrard,so letĀ“s just find a striker.

I would personally like to get rid of Allen,Manquillo,and Toure,and replace Henderson with a better midfielder,but unless we find a like-for-like for them,they should stay to provide cover.

I always find these posts insightful as they show how fickle/absurd many are on this forum.Listing any combination of 8-12(ludicrous) players going out without listing the same number of ins or posting names that will never come here,at least not this summer.Probably the same people that only months ago wanted to axe Sterling,Coutinho,Lallana,Can,etc... :-[

Did you care to read your own penultimate paragraph (adding 4 players you want 'rid of', to Balotelli, Borini, Johnson & Gerrard), before you added your last paragraph? You slate fellow forumites for being 'fickle', yet you contradict yourself wanting rid of 8 players and only really naming 2 you'd bring in (with the way you've spoken you're probably looking at 1 of Bacca/Martniez).  :mad:     
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #113: Mar 29, 2015 06:28:21 am
      I feel we have the foundations of a great title winning team with what the boss has assembled.
      I look forward to Illori's, Alberto and Texiera return and maybe the departure of Balo, lambert and johnson.
      Add 1st team quality of 3 young but needs quality at RB, Cm and up front and and solid goal keeper off the bench, then I feel we are good to really push on.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #114: Mar 29, 2015 07:33:48 am
      Bring in a GK, RB, holding midfielder (who can play a bit further forward if needed) and a striker. Anything else is a bonus. Would like to see Ilori, Wisdom and Teixiera as part of the squad next year but to be fair I haven't really followed them at all this season so I'm not sure how they are doing.

Outs for me would be Jones, Johnson, Manquillo, Balotelli, Borini and Lambert (obviously Gerrard as well). Not sold on Moreno and Markovic by any means but can see Brendan giving both another year.

Quick Reply