Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Summer Transfers IN/OUT

Read 94017 times
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Re: Summer Transfers IN/OUT
      Reply #115: Apr 01, 2015 12:59:56 am
      Did you care to read your own penultimate paragraph (adding 4 players you want 'rid of', to Balotelli, Borini, Johnson & Gerrard), before you added your last paragraph? You slate fellow forumites for being 'fickle', yet you contradict yourself wanting rid of 8 players and only really naming 2 you'd bring in (with the way you've spoken you're probably looking at 1 of Bacca/Martniez).  :mad:   

Under OUT I specified which ones I would get rid off.3 players.The penultimate paragraph states which players I would like to get rid off but would not,unless we bring like-for-like replacements.So that´s 4 OUT counting Gerrard leaving and 1 striker IN.2 strikers that have given us 1 goal so far for Martinez or Bacca,and no replacement for Johnson because he basically doesn´t count anymore as a player and we have 4 other fullbacks.No replacement for Stevie as,well,like I said,there´s no replacement for Stevie.

Hope that clarifies it,if there´s something I hate it´s a hypocrite.Peace mate  ;)
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #116: Apr 01, 2015 05:38:08 am
      I can see Mario, Borini, Aspas, and Ricky all being shipped out, with Danny Ings (and Origi) coming in.
      Johnson and Enrique look certain to be gone,Coates will likely leave too. Maniqillo will stay and finish his loan spell, he'll only cost 5 million to buy if he comes good ,so it might be worth keeping him until the summer. Allen may just get another season, but Alberto will definitely leave.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #117: Apr 01, 2015 08:40:51 am
      F**k knows how many, exactly, will come and go but there's one thing for sure: [never mind 'staff'] we have had some turn over of players in recent seasons. Something which looks like continuing...
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #118: Apr 01, 2015 09:07:24 am
      If Hendo is off then Milner would be a smart move by the club, and a free transfer to boot. Very simillar players. Spend Jordan money wisely and we´re laughing.

As for Sterling he looks definitelly gone. What about a three-way swap? Sterling to Arsenal, Wallcott to Spurs and Lennon to us + 15 to 20mil in compensation for LFC as well. Wouldnt be surprised if FSG were thinking along these lines. Very important window for Henry, dont f**k it up John!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #119: Apr 01, 2015 09:10:51 am
      If Hendo is off then Milner would be a smart move by the club, and a free transfer to boot. Very simillar players. Spend Jordan money wisely and we´re laughing.

As for Sterling he looks definitelly gone. What about a three-way swap? Sterling to Arsenal, Wallcott to Spurs and Lennon to us + 15 to 20mil in compensation for LFC as well. Wouldnt be surprised if FSG were thinking along these lines. Very important window for Henry, dont f**k it up John!

You not had much sleep recently?

*Read that back
      *Give head wobble
      *Delete
      *Try again

You're welcome
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #120: Apr 01, 2015 09:14:58 am
      I can see Mario, Borini, Aspas, and Ricky all being shipped out, with Danny Ings (and Origi) coming in.
      Johnson and Enrique look certain to be gone,Coates will likely leave too. Maniqillo will stay and finish his loan spell, he'll only cost 5 million to buy if he comes good ,so it might be worth keeping him until the summer. Allen may just get another season, but Alberto will definitely leave.

Allen will be here for more than a year, FOR SURE. Origi might well be loaned to a club like Swansea (who are badly short of strikers) to get that so-called PL experience.

Got a feeling we'll hang on to Mario. Pair him with an effective support striker in a 4-4-2 diamond, I think it would be a very productive system. We havent really seen it this season, apart from 1 game.

Rickie, Aspas and Borini are gone, but I hope even if Ings comes, we still get that 'effective SS' who should also be comfortable leading the line AND versatile across the front-3.. Too much to ask eh? Spoilt by Suarez :P But really is there anyone out there who fits 'that' bill?

Someone like Pedro, may be?
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2015 05:51:16 pm by Vicks86 »
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #121: Apr 01, 2015 09:26:58 am
      You not had much sleep recently?

*Read that back
      *Give head wobble
      *Delete
      *Try again

You're welcome
      :D Thought you´re allowed one bad aprils fool joke  :(
      dnNeelis
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #122: Apr 10, 2015 09:40:31 am
      We need to bring in more goals. We can't build on Sturridge as our striker since he is injured most of the time. Would love if we brought in Depay and Lacazette. They will probably cost a lot but they will bring in goals. And we could use a good defensive midfielder and a right defender and players that fit a 433.

Out:
      Balotelli, Lambert, Borini, Aspas, Alberto, Allen, Coates, Johnson, Gerrard, Jones

In:
      Lacazette, Depay, William Carvalho, Clyne, Ryan

Depay Lacazette Sterling

Henderson Carvalho Coutinho

Moreno Sakho Skrtel Clyne

Mignolet

Markovic Sturridge Ibe

Can Lucas Lallana

Enrique Lovren Toure Manquillo

Ryan

I'd take it. This will be a team we can build on for the future.

« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2015 11:08:44 am by dnNeelis »
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #123: Apr 10, 2015 11:35:11 am
      For me this lad has to be our No1 target i can see him growing into a top player of the same level as Benzima and if we dont act fast and secure him as soon as the window opens someone will snap him up

Liverpool are continuing to follow Alexandre Lacazette at Lyon.
      The 23-year-old has scored 27 goals this season as Lyon battle it out with Paris Saint-Germain for the French league title.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3030365/Liverpool-interested-Alexandre-Lacazette-Reds-continue-monitor-Arsenal-target.html#ixzz3Wtwdk8Fm
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #124: Apr 10, 2015 11:39:45 am
      nothing against Danny Ings but if he's the level we are looking at then we are in trouble, i would take him as an option once we ship out Borini, Lambert ballotell but not as our main new striker.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #125: Apr 10, 2015 12:14:09 pm
      Got be looking at Clyne considering he's only got a year left on his deal.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #126: Apr 10, 2015 01:10:59 pm
      For me this lad has to be our No1 target i can see him growing into a top player of the same level as Benzima and if we dont act fast and secure him as soon as the window opens someone will snap him up

Liverpool are continuing to follow Alexandre Lacazette at Lyon.
      The 23-year-old has scored 27 goals this season as Lyon battle it out with Paris Saint-Germain for the French league title.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3030365/Liverpool-interested-Alexandre-Lacazette-Reds-continue-monitor-Arsenal-target.html#ixzz3Wtwdk8Fm
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

We were looking at this lad same time last year price was in the 10m range,essentially what we paid for Origi.

Lacazette kicked on this season and his value has now rocketed to 35+

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #127: Apr 10, 2015 05:33:26 pm
      Lacazette, Depay, William Carvalho, Clyne, Ryan

Don't see how that is any different to what we sign to be honest, other than Clyne.

We need to sign a couple of top class, proven players and build from there. Too much potential but not enough product.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #128: Apr 10, 2015 06:18:23 pm
      Don't see how that is any different to what we sign to be honest, other than Clyne.

We need to sign a couple of top class, proven players and build from there. Too much potential but not enough product.

Just curious, what would you class as top class and proven? I would say, players competing in their leagues at a consistent levels for a couple of seasons or so and being considered one of the best in the league of the position they play in. That's what I see as top class and proven.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #129: Apr 10, 2015 06:35:03 pm
      Just curious, what would you class as top class and proven? I would say, players competing in their leagues at a consistent levels for a couple of seasons or so and being considered one of the best in the league of the position they play in. That's what I see as top class and proven.

Which none of the above I quoted in my previous post are.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #130: Apr 10, 2015 07:15:19 pm

dnNeelis
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #131: Apr 11, 2015 08:44:51 am

I agree with you on Carvalho and Ryan but I'm not sure about another good cdm. Maybe one of the Bender brothers? And the other is a reserve goalie so i don't really think that matters.

On Lacazette and Depay I disagree. They definitly have proven themeselves if you ask me. On a very young age they are both carrying their team. Which of our young and talented singings in the previous years did that? And more importantly they are both the top goalscorers in their league. And we for sure need more goals. And yes, they are considered one of the best in the league.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #132: Apr 11, 2015 12:16:43 pm
      For me most of the outs are self explanatory.

Stevie - out of contract and leaving.
      Johnson - out of contract but unlikely to extend.
      Jones - out of contract.
      Enrique - not good enough.
      Coates - not good enough.
      Borini - not good enough.
      Balotelli - doesn't fit our style and not good enough to change it to suit him.
      Aspas - already done deal.
      Alberto - we have better.

Possible outs.

Toure - out of contract but may still extend.
      Flanno - out of contract but will probably extend.
      Lucas - still not sure Brendan has him in his long term plans.
      Skrtel - depending on contract offer.
      Henderson - depending on contract offer.
      Sterling - depending on contract.
      Wisdom - probably not good enough.
      Manquillo - may be recalled.

Back from loan.

Origi.
      Ilori.
      Texeira.

No idea who the "ins" will be because it'll depend how many of the "possible outs" we can keep hold of.  If most of them stay then I'd be happy with just a top quality, reliable, consistant 20 + goals a season striker and use the Academy lads for the other positions.  If most of them go then we're short on a number of positions.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #133: Apr 11, 2015 01:07:30 pm
      Sell
      Mclaughlin
      Brad Smith

Jones (free)

Coates (2m)
      Toure (Free)
      Manquillo (free)
      Johnson (free)

Alberto (5m)
      Markovic (10m)
      Lallana (10m)
      Gerrard (free)
      Lucas (8m)
      Ilori (5m)

Aspas (5m)
      Borini (5m)
      Lambert (1m)

51m

Buy
      Neto (free)
      Schneiderlin (25m)
      Pjanic (35m)
      Firmino (30m)

90m and net spend of, 39m. Hopefully, we get more from the players sold, and the players bought will cost slightly less :D

I think we should work on our spine and gamble on what we have in the full back positions for another season. Wisdom, Flanno and Manquillo as RB with Flanno, Moreno & Enrique LB. Also, as much as I love Lucas, he is not homegrown and I'm starting to believe that we need a more physical approach in the middle, so I think it could be better to keep Allen as cover.

Neto                                                       Mignolet
      Flanno, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno                       Wisdom  Can  Lovren Enrique
               Pjanic  Schneiderlin                                      Henderson  Allen
                    Coutinho                                                      Teixeira
        Sterling   Sturridge  Firmino                                Ibe   Balotelli  Origi

22 players, way more than enough to challenge all competitions we enter next season.
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2015 02:40:38 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #134: Apr 11, 2015 03:55:24 pm
      L bet Brendan bring in Danny ings James Miller some sh*t player from other club
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #135: Apr 11, 2015 03:56:37 pm

Lacazette, Depay and Carvallo  are all top class players.

In their respective positions better than any of our players unless Sturridge finds last seasons form.

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #136: Apr 11, 2015 10:44:17 pm
      Lacazette, Depay and Carvallo  are all top class players.

In their respective positions better than any of our players unless Sturridge finds last seasons form.

Can't agree with including Depay and Carvalho in there. They have potential to be top class, but they haven't proven that already. I would love all three at our club however.

Also, Purple, you'd be insane to sell Markovic and Lallana this summer.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #137: Apr 11, 2015 11:42:27 pm
      Can't agree with including Depay and Carvalho in there. They have potential to be top class, but they haven't proven that already. I would love all three at our club however.

Also, Purple, you'd be insane to sell Markovic and Lallana this summer.

Carvalho is better than Lucas and Depay is better than Ibe, our only natural winger who is yet to prove anything compared to a Dutch international who incidentally has 19 goals this season in the league and 25 in total.

Quick Reply