Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

"Teams have sussed us out. Again."

Read 8310 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6954 
      Re: "Teams have sussed us out. Again."
      Reply #46: Mar 24, 2015 03:26:11 pm
      I don't think Man United 'sussed us out' on Sunday, I think we were just a bit sh*te.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #47: Mar 24, 2015 03:36:07 pm
      Strange people wanting experience in the team when our two most experienced players lost their heads and will now be banned for 3 games.

Great example they were to the kids.

Are you saying the young uns are better off without experienced players debs?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,565 posts | 1799 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #48: Mar 24, 2015 03:36:15 pm

He will be fit for Arsenal, even if its just a subbie.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #49: Mar 24, 2015 03:48:20 pm
      More like LvG out thought Rodgers, he's not won honours every where he has been for no reason.

They flooded our right hand side with Fellani, Herrera, Young and Co and created the the huge overlaps to exploit on our left hand side, didn't help Moreno having a mare.
      Double whammy for us being we didn't have the ability in midfield to play out of this congestion or as some have said a bit more steel to bust out of those blocks put in place.

Simplest idea would have been to lump it up and rely on our pace to frighten them back from venturing forward, however Sturridge alone would have been on a loser, so he needed Sterling up beside him and besides this  style of play goes against Rodgers beliefs......

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #50: Mar 24, 2015 04:04:33 pm
      Are you saying the young uns are better off without experienced players debs?

No course not Mouse.  We needed level heads on the pitch to help take control of the game, Stevie couldn't/didn't control his emotions and losing him before he could make an impact showed a lack of experience and professionalism, despite being a "veteran and legend".

Skrtel then couldn't control his frustrations at the end so that's another of our "experienced" players letting the side down.

I'm not disputing that somebody needed to take the game by the scruff of it's neck but we needed a calming influence like Lucas, someone to put their foot on the ball and dictate play, not someone as passionate as Stevie.

This is what I posted before the game because it's one of those games where passions and tempers rise and red cards are commonplace, Stevie knows that more than anyone but his "expereince" didn't stop him from doing it.

Most important message from Brendan, Hendo and Stevie today is to stay calm, no reckless tackles early on as we need 11 players on the pitch to win this in the manner we want to win it.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #51: Mar 24, 2015 04:24:51 pm
      I don't think Man United 'sussed us out' on Sunday, I think we were just a bit sh*te.

Absolutely. We were sh*te in the sense that we lacked versatility and the inability to change our game plan. However, I do believe United did have us sussed on the day. They didn't just beat us, they dominated us. It was as if they knew everything we were going to do.

By no means do I think they are a better team. They just got the tactics spot on.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #52: Mar 24, 2015 04:30:43 pm
      So not really that strange after all then.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #53: Mar 24, 2015 05:13:23 pm
      Strange people wanting experience in the team when our two most experienced players lost their heads and will now be banned for 3 games.

Great example they were to the kids.

I think the comment is a general observation in our lack of leaders on the pitch. Stevie's the only one with authority at the moment if you ask me and if he loses his head on the rare occasion...or he isn't playing, we're a bit stuck. Whilst Skrtl, GJ and Lucas might be experienced veterans, they're not the authoritative leaders I would like us to have.

But...good point on our most experienced players losing their head...reactionary behaviour at best, downright stupid at worst.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #54: Mar 24, 2015 05:17:00 pm
      So not really that strange after all then.

Strange that it's been brought up after this weekends game is all mate, especially as we're discussing if the system's been sussed rather than what we lack playing wise.........

Ah wtf, does it really matter, it's only a F***ing game after all. 

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #55: Mar 24, 2015 05:54:39 pm
      Strange that it's been brought up after this weekends game is all mate, especially as we're discussing if the system's been sussed rather than what we lack playing wise.
      No probs - I must have read it wrong. If this team is to continue with  it's growth then experienced players are a must. What Stevie and Martin did on Sunday doesn't change that (imo, obviously).

My apologies for picking you up wrong.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #56: Mar 24, 2015 05:58:10 pm
      No probs - I must have read it wrong. If this team is to continue with  it's growth then experienced players are a must. What Stevie and Martin did on Sunday doesn't change that (imo, obviously).

My apologies for picking you up wrong.

No worries mate and I agree with you.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,526 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #57: Mar 24, 2015 06:58:20 pm
      I'm still a bit stunned as to why our players played like it was a pre season friendly away to Rotheram or something

No passion so no excuse

And that Nivea advert! :mad:
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #58: Mar 25, 2015 05:47:37 pm
      I read this interesting article somewhere that explored why 3-4-2-1 doesnt produce as many goals as we would like despite the plethora of attacking talent with us.

For starters, the 2 behind Sturridge - mostly Coutinho and Lallana - seldom make runs into the box and provide our main man some support. Coutinho, for instance, gets hounded by the opposition and can hardly sneak in beyond the center backs, ends up taking a lot of long-range shots. Lallana covers a lot of ground, tracking back and defending, that when we initiate an attack, we dont have enough numbers upfront.

Again, I'm not sure how accurate these deductions are, we might probably understand better from players' heat maps. But the point was to play those guys who would run past the defence and attack the goal, and for us the only other player we have in that category is Sterling. But he is being made to play wing back meaning he never makes those direct runs. On Sunday, United's midfield and defence played close to each other when we had the ball letting our midfield come forward but completely denying space to Coutinho and Lallana to receive the ball. When you see the best chance we had in the first half, it was Hendo's brilliant diagonal ball to Sturridge who touched it down to Lallana but unfortunately he didnt find the target.

I think this is where a 3-1-4-2 would help. Lucas sitting deep; Move Sterling up-top with Danny, I feel the latter can contribute more if he has a partner or a pseudo-partner, play Coutinho in the hole and stretch the defence. Markovic, Ibe, Moreno, Johnson gotto contribute more from the fullback positions. Might be a slight tweak in the system but we need the right personnel in the right positions.
      « Last Edit: Mar 26, 2015 02:44:15 pm by Vicks86 »

Quick Reply