Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

We are not good enough

Read 1331 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      We are not good enough
      Oct 28, 2007 06:59:56 pm
      I don't like to say that but one of us has to admit that, we are simply far from being contenders.

I feel that Rafa Benitez is not the right manager for us - Houllier all over again

I feel that most of our players are very sluggish, slow and clueless

I feel that we are pretty poor in the transfer market. Torres is a brilliant buy, why not learn that buying 2nd rate players isn't going to win us the Prem? Voronin, Kuyt, Sissoko, Pennant, Crouch... I mean these players are simply terrible compared to Ronaldinho, Henry, Messi, Eto'o.

Arsenal at the moment are playing the best football in Europe, Barcelona, United, Chelsea, Valencia, Porto are all playing nice free flowing football, why are we not? Because our wingers are pants and like I stated at the top of this post, our players aer too clueless, sluggish and slow!

Sorry to offend anyone, I just had to state the facts!
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: We are not good enough
      Reply #1: Oct 28, 2007 07:18:26 pm
      Ok then, let's buy Ronaldinho, Messi, Eto'o and Henry in January then. Problem solved.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #2: Oct 28, 2007 07:22:22 pm

And Kaka aswell.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #3: Oct 28, 2007 07:27:26 pm
      Ok then, let's buy Ronaldinho, Messi, Eto'o and Henry in January then. Problem solved.

Cracker! Why didn't I think of that first! Damn...

Señores Gillette & Hicks that will be GBP 187 Million and 47 english pence por favor... chop, chop.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #4: Oct 28, 2007 07:30:22 pm
      You can all be cocky but you haven't actually came up with a decent reply. Maybe you know I'm right but just hate to admit it!
      I was using Ronaldinho, Messi, Eto'o & Henry as an example, an example of how other teams have world class attacking players and how we don't!
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #5: Oct 28, 2007 07:36:04 pm
      You can all be cocky but you haven't actually came up with a decent reply. Maybe you know I'm right but just hate to admit it!
      I was using Ronaldinho, Messi, Eto'o & Henry as an example, an example of how other teams have world class attacking players and how we don't!

Arsenals team & I stress team are not all world class players but they have the right balance at the right time...they are relatively injury free & play always in a positive way & to feet generally.

You don't need a team of stars to win the title...what you do need is fitness, team play & motivation...Liverpool just at the moment lack something in each of these...
      Vatnhamar
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts | -10 
      Reply #6: Oct 28, 2007 07:36:23 pm
      ...I do agree with you!
      Today we got 1 point which we must be glad to get because the Gunners deserved them all.
      To win the Prem we must  get all 3 p at home against the other contenders.
      Arsenal play greate football with flair and idea.....our players(apart from Mr. G) have no idea what to do with the ball. It was so sad to watch.
      The quality of our football this season has been worst for years.....many years and it's so depressing.

Hopefully Mr. Benitez gets it wright soon cause I don't think the americans are as patiens as Mr. Moores was!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #7: Oct 28, 2007 07:42:41 pm
      REPEAT POST FROM ANOTHER THREAD - POSTED HERE TO GIVE BALANCE TO THE THREAD TITLE...

We've had more key injuries than the Mancs, Chavs and Arse all put together.

We are being crippled with bad-luck. Not an excuse - just a fact of life.

This season: JC, SF, AA, FA, DA, XA, SG, MS, JM, JP, HK, FT (12 FREAKING PLAYERS) have all missed a number of games due to injuries (NOT rotation!) - and we are only in October - SHOCKING!!!!!!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #8: Oct 28, 2007 07:44:24 pm
      Personally I don't feel that Rafa makes the most out of his transfer kitty.

I mean, he spends £11.5m on Babel and then leaves him to rot on the bench. Whats that all about?
      Also wasn't our biggest weakness last season in the wide area's? Why did he buy Babel (a forward) & Benayoun (a midfielder) to play on the wings and then never play them? To me Benitez doesn't make any sense at all.

If you need wingers, quality wingers, then buy some! Example.. Quaresma, Simao, Mancini, Silva

If you've got the money, don't buy midfielders and forwards to play on the flanks, buy wingers to play on the flanks. Rafa's biggest problem is playing players in wrong posistions, why is this needed when theres money to spend?
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #9: Oct 28, 2007 07:55:00 pm
      Buying quality players is not that easy, You must be right that LiverpoolFC need qualities players, but I don't think the current squad is this much poor.

Arsenals team & I stress team are not all world class players but they have the right balance at the right time...they are relatively injury free & play always in a positive way & to feet generally.

You don't need a team of stars to win the title...what you do need is fitness, team play & motivation...Liverpool just at the moment lack something in each of these...

I agree with this one!

We've had more key injuries than the Mancs, Chavs and Arse all put together.

We are being crippled with bad-luck. Not an excuse - just a fact of life.

This season: JC, SF, AA, FA, DA, XA, SG, MS, JM, JP, HK, FT (12 FREAKING PLAYERS) have all missed a number of games due to injuries (NOT rotation!) - and we are only in October - SHOCKING!!!!!!

this one!

In Rafa we trust

And this one too!
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #10: Oct 28, 2007 08:28:08 pm
      I feel that Rafa Benitez is not the right manager for us - Houllier all over again

Change your username then.

Better still change your club back to whoever it was a couple of years ago.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #11: Oct 28, 2007 08:34:22 pm
      I don't like to say that but one of us has to admit that, we are simply far from being contenders.

I feel that most of our players are very sluggish, slow and clueless

I feel that we are pretty poor in the transfer market. Torres is a brilliant buy, why not learn that buying 2nd rate players isn't going to win us the Prem? Voronin, Kuyt, Sissoko, Pennant, Crouch... I mean these players are simply terrible compared to Ronaldinho, Henry, Messi, Eto'o.

Arsenal at the moment are playing the best football in Europe, Barcelona, United, Chelsea, Valencia, Porto are all playing nice free flowing football, why are we not? Because our wingers are pants and like I stated at the top of this post, our players aer too clueless, sluggish and slow!

Sorry to offend anyone, I just had to state the facts!

So what manager would you rather want us to have and why,
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6953 
      Reply #12: Oct 28, 2007 08:37:01 pm

Why didn't they beat us then?

Arsenal (best football in Europe) 1 - Liverpool (clueless, sluggish and slow) 1
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #13: Oct 28, 2007 08:37:30 pm
      I'm locking this topic but keeping your other one open Ra Ra Rafa.

The other topic is constructive whereas this one is just pure negativity.

Quick Reply