Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

FSG's Most Important Summer?

Read 39980 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: FSG's Most Important Summer?
      Reply #230: Apr 22, 2015 12:28:11 pm

As fans we want great layers linked and to eventually sign for us,

You can stick your John Terry up your arse

:)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #231: Apr 22, 2015 12:32:13 pm
      I'll admit I was genuinely excited about Balotelli.

Even with the doubts about how he'd fit I think he is a very talented footballer and maybe I'm hindsight of we bought him we could have got more out of him?

No problems with his talent.
      Many problems with what's between his ears (or not).

Apparently, he just doesn't listen, either because he's not inclined to or because he's a "bit" thick.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,296 posts | 4943 
      Reply #232: Apr 22, 2015 12:33:13 pm
      No problems with his talent.
      Many problems with what's between his ears (or not).

Apparently, he just doesn't listen, either because he's not inclined to or because he's a "bit" thick.

Probably Swab.

I was excited though and don't mind admitting it.

Even had him on my avatar for ages.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #233: Apr 22, 2015 12:38:12 pm
      Probably Swab.

I was excited though and don't mind admitting it.

Even had him on my avatar for ages.

We remember Si  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Just wondering how you got the picture of Charlie Adam in a onesie and a lolly pop in his living room for your new one
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #234: Apr 22, 2015 12:45:00 pm

Just wondering how you got the picture of Charlie Adam in a onesie and a lolly pop in his living room for your new one

:lmao:

Well that's brightened the morning  :lmao:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,296 posts | 4943 
      Reply #235: Apr 22, 2015 12:50:42 pm

:lmao:

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #236: Apr 22, 2015 12:57:57 pm
      so who are the names?

We think we need say 4\5 top class players. I reckon....

1) striker - Borini defo gone, is Origi is replacement ?
      2) striker - Lambo or Balo gone ?  Who come in needs to be very very good
      3) DM - Gerrard replacement - Who ?? Needs to be very very good, or is Can the man, they we need a RCB. llori?
      4) RB - Will flanno & wisdom do the job ??
      5) Goalie - At very least better than Jones to pressure Simon saves
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #237: Apr 22, 2015 01:21:07 pm
      You can stick your John Terry up your arse

:)

whoops!  :P
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #238: Apr 22, 2015 01:23:45 pm
      so who are the names?

3) DM - Gerrard replacement - Who ?? Needs to be very very good, or is Can the man, they we need a RCB. llori?

In Your post we have 3 on loan players plus a long term injured player... thats a lot of savings if they decide on these options...

Also, is it me or do we keep on getting linked with Falcao?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #239: Apr 22, 2015 01:24:54 pm
      so who are the names?

1) i would say Origi is his replacement and more long term with BR hoping he becomes world class
      2) i would put a £30mil bid in for Alexandre Lacazette reckon he could blow up and be massive player.
      3) DM i might be the only one but i would go for Sami Khedira not getting as much game time at real and could be a mentor to Can who is our long term holding mid. plus on a free this summer
      4) RB again a long shout but Dani Alves for 3 years to add some experiance and he still is good.
      5) goalie i would try for Petr chec or try bring Reina back
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3959 
      Reply #240: Apr 22, 2015 01:31:43 pm
      This a conundrum; which Summer in the four and almost five years they have been with us can we qualify as important?
      A concept for comparison that demands a status bordering on an improved model of a previous example.

There is a suggestion in the thread title that links 'importance' with JWH, would that be the subliminal variety?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #241: Apr 22, 2015 01:34:50 pm
      I don't recall ONE person being underwhelmed when we signed those players at the start of the season. Even Mario carried a lot of excitement.

In fact it took me until March to see people finally realising Moreno and Markovic are terrible. Dejan Lovren was heralded as the centre back we all dreamed of, especially after his game against Dortmund in pre season.

So no need to talk about hindsight and being underwhelmed. There was mass hysteria about our summer transfers.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #242: Apr 22, 2015 01:44:27 pm
      We did not really when you consider players sales.

I said in another thread, all we are doing is swapping players, and maybe spending nett £30 million each summer.

We swapped suarez for Balo, Lambo, Lovren & Lallana - Which tbf we would probably have preferred Suarez for sanchez, but the board & BR decided to compete on 4 fronts we needed more players, and took a gamble on balo when other strikers never happened.

But bottom line we never spent £120mill we spent nett £30mill.  The board will probably never spend nett £120 mill. & thats the problem most have with this board.

The board "decided" nothing of the sort. They decided to purchase Sanchez but then he told us no, and they were "forced" to look elsewhere.

Now your problem is we won't have a net spend of 6 figures in one window? Get the F**k out of here. We sold someone worth £75m and spent all of that + £40m on top. Do you seriously think a squad that was on the brink of the title need more investment? We purchased nearly £120m worth of players regardless of net spend - and the result was 8 utterly useless players this season (and Origi).

I don't give a sh*t about net spend when you pump that much money in to player recruitment and the result is Lovren, Moreno and Markovic etc.

Cannot believe the mentality of some people. The argument of "money is killing football" and then "we won't spend £100m+ net in one window which is the problem" are coming from the same crowd - especially that second statement from you brezipool because that is by far the most utterly insane comment i have seen regarding FSG's policy. For F**k sake.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #243: Apr 22, 2015 02:11:08 pm
      In Your post we have 3 on loan players plus a long term injured player... thats a lot of savings if they decide on these options...

Also, is it me or do we keep on getting linked with Falcao?

Im being realistic, and we know origi is coming. And FSG probably looking at savings too sadly. But just maybe if they are saving elsewhere we might just see money spent on 2 top top players.

I hope we dont go for falcao.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #244: Apr 22, 2015 02:12:26 pm
      1) i would say Origi is his replacement and more long term with BR hoping he becomes world class
      2) i would put a £30mil bid in for Alexandre Lacazette reckon he could blow up and be massive player.
      3) DM i might be the only one but i would go for Sami Khedira not getting as much game time at real and could be a mentor to Can who is our long term holding mid. plus on a free this summer
      4) RB again a long shout but Dani Alves for 3 years to add some experiance and he still is good.
      5) goalie i would try for Petr chec or try bring Reina back

Cant argue with that. Don't see pepe coming back though.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #245: Apr 22, 2015 02:14:18 pm
      Im being realistic, and we know origi is coming. And FSG probably looking at savings too sadly. But just maybe if they are saving elsewhere we might just see money spent on 2 top top players.

I hope we dont go for falcao.

oh I agree with you... making savings MAY mean we're going to spend big elsewhere... we can hope!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #246: Apr 22, 2015 02:19:23 pm
      The board "decided" nothing of the sort. They decided to purchase Sanchez but then he told us no, and they were "forced" to look elsewhere.

Now your problem is we won't have a net spend of 6 figures in one window? Get the f**k out of here. We sold someone worth £75m and spent all of that + £40m on top. Do you seriously think a squad that was on the brink of the title need more investment? We purchased nearly £120m worth of players regardless of net spend - and the result was 8 utterly useless players this season (and Origi).

I don't give a sh*t about net spend when you pump that much money in to player recruitment and the result is Lovren, Moreno and Markovic etc.

Cannot believe the mentality of some people. The argument of "money is killing football" and then "we won't spend £100m+ net in one window which is the problem" are coming from the same crowd - especially that second statement from you brezipool because that is by far the most utterly insane comment i have seen regarding FSG's policy. For f**k sake.

Its not my argument or what I want, Its what heppened.

and the last bit if you think about it is correct for us to win the title this season, we should not have sold anybody, and we should have spent £120 mill. on the players we got in, Then the squad probably could have coped and we would still have suarez. 

Thats what I meant.

And yes as you say we spent silly money on young promising players, when we could have spent that money differently.

FSG are always trying to balance books, hence, we will probably be spending nett £30 mill again, the problem is us fans don't always like who we buy, and tbf as LFC we should be expecting better players.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #247: Apr 22, 2015 02:20:53 pm

Now your problem is we won't have a net spend of 6 figures in one window? Get the f**k out of here. We sold someone worth £75m and spent all of that + £40m on top. Do you seriously think a squad that was on the brink of the title need more investment? We purchased nearly £120m worth of players regardless of net spend - and the result was 8 utterly useless players this season (and Origi).

Cannot believe the mentality of some people. The argument of "money is killing football" and then "we won't spend £100m+ net in one window which is the problem" are coming from the same crowd - especially that second statement from you brezipool because that is by far the most utterly insane comment i have seen regarding FSG's policy. For f**k sake.

Nail on head.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #248: Apr 22, 2015 02:22:54 pm
      The argument of "money is killing football"

I never said that.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #249: Apr 22, 2015 02:38:01 pm
      For me, the owners have 2 objectives before the start of next season:

1. Tie our best young players down to improved long term deals. This includes Sterling, Hendo, Ibe, Can, Coutinho, and Sakho. Coutinho has just signed, while Ibe and Hendo are both rumored to be on the verge of signing new deals. I'm not sure how long Sakho and Can have on their current deals, but this group of 6 players represent the future core of our team and we need to make keeping hold of them our top priority.

2. Back the manager (whoever that may be) with 30M-40M on top of money generated from player sales. I'd guess that we should be able to raise around 20M from the sale of dead wood like Balo, Lambert, Borini, Enrique, Coates, Wisdom, etc. This would give us around 50M-60M to strengthen the 1st team. From there, it will be up to the manager to get our team performing at a level required to break back into the CL places and make a run in one of the domestic cups or the Europa League.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #250: Apr 22, 2015 03:03:26 pm
      The argument of "money is killing football"

I never said that.

I never said you did.

I did however state you said the most ludicrous thing i have ever seen against the owners.

For me, the owners have 2 objectives before the start of next season:

1. Tie our best young players down to improved long term deals. This includes Sterling, Hendo, Ibe, Can, Coutinho, and Sakho. Coutinho has just signed, while Ibe and Hendo are both rumored to be on the verge of signing new deals. I'm not sure how long Sakho and Can have on their current deals, but this group of 6 players represent the future core of our team and we need to make keeping hold of them our top priority.

2. Back the manager (whoever that may be) with 30M-40M on top of money generated from player sales. I'd guess that we should be able to raise around 20M from the sale of dead wood like Balo, Lambert, Borini, Enrique, Coates, Wisdom, etc. This would give us around 50M-60M to strengthen the 1st team. From there, it will be up to the manager to get our team performing at a level required to break back into the CL places and make a run in one of the domestic cups or the Europa League.

Can has 3 more years i believe, Coutinho sorted, Ibe rumoured 5 year deal, Hendo about to sign and Skrtel on the verge of signing a new deal as well. Good signs. Not sure about Sakho - quick Google will give the answer though.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #251: Apr 22, 2015 03:08:58 pm
      I never said you did.

I did however state you said the most ludicrous thing i have ever seen against the owners.

;D. fair enough.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #252: Apr 22, 2015 04:15:40 pm
      looks like as season is pretty much over if we are realistic the owners are trying to sort out deals before summer. Sterling wont sign till he see's whats out there because he's a egotistic greedy S*%t who talks to the press without permission, but i'd love him to stay even if i dont like what he stands for we do need him.
      The rest seem to be close to signing, Ibe, Hendo,Skrtel.
      so next think would be to sign a striker as early as possible and not Ings a real striker who not only will score goals but attract other top players to follow him

Quick Reply