Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Memphis Depay (PSV --> Manchester United)

Read 34116 times
      Bier
      Re: Memphis Depay (PSV)
      Reply #23: Apr 17, 2015 10:08:17 pm
      I know he can play as a winger but He surely has to be developed as a striker.

Yeah, but you know how it goes, might end up playing at LW too just to get minutes. I'd be surprised if he's first backup to Sturridge next season for that CF position.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #24: Apr 17, 2015 10:15:49 pm
      Yeah, but you know how it goes, might end up playing at LW too just to get minutes. I'd be surprised if he's first backup to Sturridge next season for that CF position.

Yeah I suppose it also depends on what system we play going forward 352 ,343 or by my reckoning we go back to the 433.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #25: Apr 19, 2015 08:53:52 am
      Would be a great transfer for us.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,397 posts | 2823 
      Reply #26: Apr 19, 2015 10:10:27 am
      Scored a quality free kick last night as PSV wrapped up the title: https://vine.co/v/eztZgnJZa5j

Seems like the lad has got quality but I can only see him as a United player next season, playing where Young is right now.
      Bier
      Reply #27: Apr 19, 2015 11:12:09 am
      Yeah, tough competition for him. After winning the Dutch league yesterday their DoF went public today about Depay's situation. 3 clubs have officially showed interest now. PSG, Manchester United, and another club, unnamed or maybe he meant Tottenham who made an offer last summer.

I think he'll go for somewhere between 20 and 25 million pounds. Apparently they've turned down offers of 20 million euros so far.
      « Last Edit: Apr 19, 2015 05:27:13 pm by Bier »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #28: Apr 19, 2015 05:24:16 pm
      This is the type of player we should be signing. A true top tier young talent with bags of potential, not from the 2nd or 3rd tier of potential.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #29: Apr 19, 2015 08:28:37 pm
      This is the type of player we should be signing. A true top tier young talent with bags of potential, not from the 2nd or 3rd tier of potential.

Definitely the type of player we should be signing..... but won't.

No doubt Fallows and Edwards will hype up some 19 year old from Hartlepool to replace Gerrard.
      dnNeelis
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #30: Apr 20, 2015 07:12:01 am
      We've got permission from PSV to negotiate with Depay according to the Telegraaf. I'm a season ticket holder at PSV and I think this would be an amazing transfer.

http://m.telegraaf.nl/article/23946092/ook-liverpool-wil-depay
      Bier
      Reply #31: Apr 20, 2015 10:33:32 am
      According to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf Liverpool and PSG have permission to talk to Depay's agent, Manchester United have enquired but no permission to talk yet.
      « Last Edit: Apr 20, 2015 12:41:19 pm by Bier »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #32: Apr 20, 2015 10:46:01 am
      Definitely the type of player we should be signing..... but won't.

No doubt Fallows and Edwards will hype up some 19 year old from Hartlepool to replace Gerrard.

No reason to think FSG will do anything to affect the above established sense of pessimism, the prospect of another trophyless term means absolutely F**k all to them.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #33: Apr 20, 2015 11:31:21 am
      According to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, Liverpool and PSG have permission to talk to Depay's agent, Manchester United have enquired but no permission to talk yet.

I guess that's good then although for what good it'll do I may as well go have a chat with him.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #34: Apr 20, 2015 11:33:16 am
      Couple of ITKs saying apparently we won't meet the transfer fee or wages. Even if that's not true now, most of us accept it will be in the summer.

No point having a policy of buying young players in order to bring future success if we aren't going to sign the best young players in the world. Just begging for mediocrity.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #35: Apr 20, 2015 11:45:31 am
      Couple of ITKs saying apparently we won't meet the transfer fee or wages.

My 5 year old nephew could have told you that mate.

We won't buy this kid in the summer unless FSG suddenly change their attitude simply because we won't be the only club after him and whoever it is will offer a better package than we will.

We don't compete.

Bier
      Reply #36: Apr 20, 2015 11:50:10 am
      Man, the euro is really low at the moment isn't it. Just realised his likely maximum fee of 30 million euros is just 21.5 million pounds. Would concern me if that fee scares us, considering the fees we paid for some players last summer.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #37: Apr 20, 2015 11:53:38 am
      Couple of ITKs saying apparently we won't meet the transfer fee or wages. Even if that's not true now, most of us accept it will be in the summer.

No point having a policy of buying young players in order to bring future success if we aren't going to sign the best young players in the world. Just begging for mediocrity.

That isn't exactly a surprise though is it, it's happened every summer window since FSG bought us.  We've been told how much they'll sell for as it's been all over the media in recent weeks that they're prepared for him leaving in the summer so what's the point in a meeting if the fee is too high.

Turn to a different target then, please don't waste half the summer pursuing him only for us to lose out with no time to find a different option.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,397 posts | 2823 
      Reply #38: Apr 20, 2015 11:55:46 am
      Jonathan Northcroft @JNorthcroft  ·  59m 59 minutes ago
      Liverpool set to miss out on Depay and are at crossroads, both with fees and wages. Unless pay a certain level they'll fall further behind.

Surprise, surprise!
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #39: Apr 20, 2015 11:57:00 am
      It appears Liverpool and PSG are in pole position for Memphis Depay according to reports in Holland...

http://lfctransfernews.net/?p=367
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #40: Apr 20, 2015 12:02:54 pm
      It appears Liverpool and PSG are in pole position for Memphis Depay according to reports in Holland...

http://lfctransfernews.net/?p=367

That means he signs for PSG.

insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #41: Apr 20, 2015 12:07:24 pm

Correct. Jonathan Norcroft says we are in the mix but we are unwilling to pay fee/wages. Low-balling again!

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #42: Apr 20, 2015 12:09:10 pm
      Correct. Jonathan Norcroft says we are in the mix but we are unwilling to pay fee/wages. Low-balling again!

We may as well not be in the mix.

Being in the mix means there is a chance but we have no chance of signing this guy unless policy suddenly changes.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #43: Apr 20, 2015 12:16:26 pm
      We may as well not be in the mix.

Being in the mix means there is a chance but we have no chance of signing this guy unless policy suddenly changes.

30m Euros equates to around £21m and I cannot imagine him being on much in terms of a wage at PSV Eindhoven. Seems a FSG signing but perhaps with PSG and Manchester United being in the mix means they could blow us out the water.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #44: Apr 20, 2015 08:21:36 pm
      United have high interest and Spurs have had a 14million bid turned down according to Sky Sports app on my phone.
      Bier
      Reply #45: Apr 20, 2015 08:30:27 pm
      United have high interest and Spurs have had a 14million bid turned down according to Sky Sports app on my phone.

That bid by Tottenham was made last summer. Our interest and PSG's are more concrete than MU's, they've only made an enquiry and don't have permission to talk to Depay yet. However, if they do want him they'll likely get him.

Quick Reply