Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your thoughts on Brendan Rodgers (Poll: 28th April 2015)

He should stay as LFC manager
      69 (40.6%)
      He should be sacked
      26 (15.3%)
      He should be sacked ONLY if we can get Jürgen Klopp/Frank de Boer
      47 (27.6%)
      I'm sitting on the fence
      28 (16.5%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Voting closed: May 02, 2015 11:31:41 pm

Stick or Twist: Part 2

Read 18344 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Stick or Twist: Part 2
      Reply #138: Apr 30, 2015 10:07:09 pm
      But still, I have had to have £10 on QPR at 8-1, after £10 on Hull at 3-1 and Villa in the semi, so despite the misery of this season, you can still make a few quid.

Please tell me that is a joke?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,302 posts | 4949 
      Reply #139: Apr 30, 2015 11:09:43 pm
      I thought the poll was up until the 4th May?

Anyhow only 40% of the forum definitely think he should stay as Liverpool manager. I'm not sure how we can read into that as fence sitter could go either way and the 'only if Klopp/De Boer' posters could just as easily be counted as wanting to keep Brendan if no 'better' option is available.

I didn't get to vote but honestly was going to log in tonight to vote for a change.

I really don't know if it is the correct option or if I'll still feel this way come the end of the season but after recent weeks, and mostly since our inept display in the semi final, I still have the gut feeling that Brendan maybe has taken us as high as he can.

I'm not shouting from the rooftops for him to be sacked and as I said not even sure if I trust FSG to appoint someone better but how I feel right now.
      « Last Edit: Apr 30, 2015 11:40:01 pm by srslfc »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #140: Apr 30, 2015 11:11:06 pm
      I thought the poll was up until the 4th May?

Was it?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,302 posts | 4949 
      Reply #141: Apr 30, 2015 11:12:25 pm

Must have been mistaken mate.

Thought I seen 4th May under the poll the other day.

Must have been trying to buy time in my head. ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,672 posts | 6966 
      Reply #142: Apr 30, 2015 11:34:57 pm
      I could never bet against Liverpool, what ever the odds.

I very occasionally do. Means my obligatory post match commiseration beers are paid for.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #143: May 01, 2015 01:04:50 am
      I haven't voted on this yet, for the simple reason, I think if Brendan gets a decent transfer kitty, I would like to see who his targets are, and see, if they are quality, can he persuade them to play for him. ( top drawer that is ) or would the financial constraints of FSG hold him back. If that's the case, then the blame goes on FSG and not Brendan. Any lack of funds would also have the same impact on whoever the manager was.  To date, Brendans signings have been very varied from the sublime to totally crap. Is that all down to him, or collectively from the 'committee' ? Will we ever know....
      It's difficult to say wether he should stay or go when we don't really know who's responsible for the crap signings.
       I do think he is solely responsible for some of the poor tactics and line ups, but he can learn from that, he can't learn anything if his hands are tied by FSG.
      So for now i'm on the fence, with a decision to be made on the outcome of the above.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #144: May 01, 2015 09:46:09 am

It didn't come across as one.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,709 posts | 895 
      Reply #145: May 01, 2015 10:40:36 am
      I voted on the fence, because i honestly don't know if BR is the problem or the owners.

But what I am sure of is that the transfer committee has to go, so does our scouts and the whole process of how we scout and sign players.

Although I like BR, he does tend to make the same mistakes over and over again.  Then we have the post match interviews.

I am beginning to think that Suarez ability made us challenge for the title last year rather then, the brilliance of BR. It may sound harsh but I watched the whole season review again, forget the goals scored by Suarez, he had assists and he leads with the example. Chasing after the ball and yelling at other players. Things like that pick up a team.

That said, the players do like BR and BR handles himself well, when he wants to. He is young and if only he starts learning from his mistakes then he will he a class manager.

He isn't afraid to chop and change formation, and that's a good thing, he wants to play attacking football and win in style. That's not many manager out there who are willing to take the same risk. Can we watch a boring Liverpool every week?

He just needs to show he is getting better, and to really judge that. I say give him another year with full control over who he wants to sign. Then make a decision next year.

Kopp won't come to us. I can't see him joining us. Just like every players he wants to win everything and buy who ever he wants.

Got to be shitty, real or even barca if they crash out of cl.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,672 posts | 6966 
      Reply #146: May 01, 2015 01:08:40 pm
      Thought I seen 4th May under the poll the other day.

Think it was.  Changed it so we can lock it before tomorrow's game.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,672 posts | 6966 
      Reply #147: May 01, 2015 01:09:41 pm

There's an option for that too.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #148: May 01, 2015 01:37:13 pm
      There's an option for that too.

Can I have an option for Gary Monk too please because we will only change lower to what we have? ;)
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #149: May 02, 2015 08:16:38 am
      Just asked myself this before I made the vote:

If you are not successful as you hoped to be and you have the chance to get a Jürgen Klopp, with all due respect to Brendan, wouldn't it be stupid not to take that opportunity? 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #150: May 02, 2015 09:14:54 am
      Just asked myself this before I made the vote:

If you are not successful as you hoped to be and you have the chance to get a Jürgen Klopp, with all due respect to Brendan, wouldn't it be stupid not to take that opportunity? 

Don't think we will be stupid if we don't take a good look at Klopp, simply because Brendan has showed he has talent in him. But it does pose a strong question to the owners, one i'm glad i won't have to answer because it is tough.

Everyone saw us at our best and despite not winning the league, we were the best team in the league. We haven't been able to say that for 25 years and it was under Brendan's management we achieved that.

But Klopp has been there, won big competitions and managed against the best and won. His lure could bring some top signings with him from Germany, also.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #151: May 02, 2015 09:29:36 am

Everyone saw us at our best and despite not winning the league, we were the best team in the league. We haven't been able to say that for 25 years and it was under Brendan's management we achieved that.

Fair point yeah, but would you pin the success of last season on Brendan's talent or rather on the fact that we had a word class player in Luis Saurez in our team? Who might have helped Brendan to look better then he acutally his?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #152: May 02, 2015 11:10:34 am
      Fair point yeah, but would you pin the success of last season on Brendan's talent or rather on the fact that we had a word class player in Luis Saurez in our team? Who might have helped Brendan to look better then he acutally his?

Quality managers need quality players and vice versa. To Brendan's credit we aren't too far off on the ladder from teams who have access to every player they want and he has done it without an established side or an established goal scorer.

There are things he definitely needs to work on but i think he deserves one more crack.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #153: May 02, 2015 01:59:46 pm
      F**k me. 41.8% of our supporters want him gone. Add the fence sitters to that ( fence sitters are supporters who want him gone but don't want to say it) and it equates to 58.9% of our forum base.

I find that quite astounding and disturbing if i am honest.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #154: May 02, 2015 02:12:05 pm
      F**k me. 41.8% of our supporters want him gone. Add the fence sitters to that ( fence sitters are supporters who want him gone but don't want to say it) and it equates to 58.9% of our forum base.

Disturbing was if it happened the other way around, it's normal people want him out after so many failures.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #155: May 02, 2015 02:14:24 pm

I think you will find most supporters who want him out do only on the basis we replace him with Klopp or Benitez. Otherwise most would rather he remains for another seaosn.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #156: May 02, 2015 02:19:44 pm
      Add the fence sitters to that ( fence sitters are supporters who want him gone but don't want to say it)

I'm a fence sitter, don't really appreciate being told what I think.

Cheers.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #157: May 02, 2015 03:10:20 pm
      I'm a fence sitter, don't really appreciate being told what I think.

Cheers.

You either want him out or you don't. I've never understood fence sitters.

It's like they used to be indecisive but now they're not so sure.

If, after watching Brendan for almost three years you can't make an informed decision or judgement then there is something very wrong.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #158: May 02, 2015 03:12:59 pm
      I think you will find most supporters who want him out do only on the basis we replace him with Klopp or Benitez. Otherwise most would rather he remains for another seaosn.

What i find disturbing is the fact that somebody would want somebody replaced but only on the premise that they would be replaced with a certain candidate.

If somebody wants Brendan out it then that should be absolute. If anyone thinks the manager is not good enough then he should be gone, regardless of who the potential replacement is.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #159: May 02, 2015 04:40:59 pm
      I want him out & i can't understand why you would be surprised.

This season has been an unmitigated disaster from day one
      In fact it was a disaster from before day 1 (Lovren Markovic Balotelli ect)

Rogers buys have been terrible in the main.
      He's an outstanding coach but a very very average manager who's not good enough for Liverpool

Put it this way i have not gone to the game today & i couldn't give my seat away for the game.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #160: May 02, 2015 04:58:52 pm
      Who organised the F***ing 'Rodgers out Rafa in' banner?

Quick Reply