Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

A Disgrace.....

Read 18787 times
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Re: A Disgrace.....
      Reply #115: May 06, 2015 09:19:16 am
      You don't get it? Let me clarify then. WE'RE LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS, NOT LIVERPOOL DETRACTORS!
      Google the word support.

Or Liverpool "customers" in Shamway's words...
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #116: May 06, 2015 09:28:20 am
      Everyone and anyone is allowed to criticise aspects of the club when they feel it's needed.. As much as I've made it clear that being negative isn't my thing as long as it's constructive criticism I have no issue whatsoever

However the banner.. Whoever did that or even thinks it's a good idea is an utter bellend.. I mean it's not even funny...

I tell you what though it didn't even register in the ground... A few head shakes but apart from that nothing..

As for the match goers..
      None round me in the Kop asking for him out, confusion at how we are playing since the Utd game especially but no outright cries to out him..
      The flip side though that we know he is under pressure and there was no Rodgers chant at all.. Not for the last couple of games. That says alot as well

Thing is this seems to happen too much nowadays for my liking.. I love Rafa but some of the sh*te he got off our own towards the end that is conveniently being forgotten now made my skin crawl.
      I imagine the same ones who have Rafa and Kenny stick are giving Rodgers it now..
      Rodgers doesn't have the same depth of love and fight from the hardcore lot that Rafa and Kenny had though. An earlier question of how locals and stuff are feeling I'd say most are just keeping quiet and seeing what happens, there's no ground swell to have him out or to keep him.. If he went then there wouldn't be an uproar

You get soft cu*ts everywhere and we have our fair share.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #117: May 06, 2015 09:51:53 am
      I agree mate, and Stevie's certainly not immune from criticism, we've seen plenty of old timers and new supproters rightly pointing out his below-par performances.

That is different to personally insulting the man when he's on the pitch though. I genuinely cannot believe people do that, a man who has always carried himself with passion, pride and conducted himself in a Liverpool manner. But I think you agree with this. BR shouldn't be picking him to start based on his football, it's a different matter.

I remember some insults being thrown towards El Hadji Diouf after he had been in a few instances of spitting on fans, off-field fracas involving fights in bars and so on. Miles apart.

Totally agree.

Personal abuse to player of his standard and status has no place ... EVER!! He leaves in 3 weeks and he should be cheered off in every match, despite his lack game changing abilities!!

After the match however, if he has played badly we should be allowed to criticize him if its warranted
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,323 posts | 771 
      Reply #118: May 06, 2015 09:52:14 am
      As long as Brendan is our manager, the fans, whatever they feel, will stick behind him and give him their support. Think this is the correct thing to do.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #119: May 06, 2015 10:08:59 am
      No, you don't advocate support. You advocate censorship. You advocate support , but under conditions, which is not support at all. It is adherance, subserviance , blind compliance to YOUR idea of support. You see any form of negativity or straying from the path at the ground , as some form of crime. And your always quite eager to shout people down on this forum for not being YOUR idea of a supporter ( in fact its the main staple of your posts) . I actually shudder to think what you would be capable of , if , you actually had any authority over supporters. The ground would have you and a couple of your mates sitting on there own. After you had banned everyone else for not clapping maniacally for 90 minutes.
      Let's just say we have different ideas of what it means to be a supporter, I believe in my positive stance.
      I don't blindly support either, I genuinely believe what I say, my eyes are wide open!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #120: May 06, 2015 10:18:45 am
      None round me in the Kop asking for him out, confusion at how we are playing since the Utd game especially but no outright cries to out him..
      The flip side though that we know he is under pressure and there was no Rodgers chant at all.. Not for the last couple of games. That says alot as well

I've heard them try to get it going at away matches, but understand where you're coming from.

As for home matches mate, I can't even hear the crowd cheer their own team on, never mind the manager - sounds F***ing dismal at Anfield.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #121: May 06, 2015 10:20:27 am
      I'd have Rafa back in a millisecond.

I've always thought Rodgers was a careerist, a rookie and brought in to be compliant to Shamway's greedy objectives.
      Infact, I thought the appintment of Rodgers was actually offensive to the traditions of Liverpool as a top flight club.
      Doubtless Rodgers would happily discuss the Lpool job while Kenny was still there. So all this loyalty sh*t is a bit lost on me, to be honest.

And his "it was Rafa's agent" comments didn't strike a particularly good chord with me.

So some people disliked the plane banner. Well it DOES indicate that we have become mickey mouse in numerous ways. BUT, the vast majority of fans would prefer the gifted manager and devout Red that is Rafa. Certainly over the wishwashey company man who never won a trophy, that is Rodgers.

Maybe its time we stopped concentrating on the smokescreens and the bullshit. And started looking at the key issues.
      LFC is just a cash cow. The only ambition is profit. The idea of competing for trophies has been flushed down the bog.
      We need a manager that demands success. And demands fair levels of FINANCIAL support for success. Which is ofcourse why Rafa was ignored for the job, even tho he was living just down the road.

And that, as Rafa would say, is a FACT!
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #122: May 06, 2015 10:22:38 am
      Sheltered fuckers half of you lot on here!!

Hate to tell you this, some of the best players have suffered all sorts of abuse from Liverpool crowds. Keegan got loads when he announced he was off to Hamburg. The abuse John Barnes got at Highbury during the FA Cup semi in 92 was unreal.

It's nothing new.

I remember the amount of abuse poor Gary Ablett (Rest in Peace) suffered when I was a little kid in the 80s.

Since the 70s/80s we have always had high standards. Infact the problems STARTED when we gave up those high standards.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #123: May 06, 2015 12:05:07 pm
      Why did Barnes get abuse at Highbury mate? Bet the abuse stopped when he set up the last minute equalizer for Whelan! (If that's right the match I'm thinking of).

That's the game!!
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #124: May 06, 2015 12:39:42 pm
      Sheltered fuckers half of you lot on here!!

Hate to tell you this, some of the best players have suffered all sorts of abuse from Liverpool crowds. Keegan got loads when he announced he was off to Hamburg. The abuse John Barnes got at Highbury during the FA Cup semi in 92 was unreal.

It's nothing new.

Why did Barnes get abuse - what was going on with him at the time?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #125: May 06, 2015 12:57:06 pm
      Why did Barnes get abuse - what was going on with him at the time?

First professional player to get between £8,000 and £10,000 a week. The abuse came from the fact some thought he didn't deserve it with the injuries he had and had kept him out the team.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #126: May 06, 2015 01:33:12 pm
      If you don't like what they did, that is up to you, and anyone else for that matter. It's the furious over the top reaction to it , on the grounds that it is some kind of despicable act , that gets to me.
      If the banner had said F**k OFF RODGERS YOU C*NT or RODGERS IS A w**ker , or any obscene insult , then that is totally unacceptable. But it was nothing of the sort. Straight to the point , yes , but not obscene.
      Fans on here would have no problem with fans paying for a plane to fly over Anfield saying COME ON BRENDAN. But if the banner is in any way negative, they are bellends? Fans on here have no problem with fans holding banners at the ground saying IN BRENDAN WE TRUST. But holding a placard saying RODGERS OUT and they are scum. So a positive banner or placard , even when its obscene to rival teams and fans is ok, but any negativity whatsoever , and your not the type of fan all the other fans want to be associated with?
      I don't get it.

The only thing I would say is that the whole Rodgers out banner, and even the sentiment is not the view of the majority, which probably explains the reaction to it. I don't agree with it, partly because I like him as a manager and think highly of him, but mostly because he doesn't deserve it. Every manager makes mistakes and plays incorrect formations/line ups etc etc etc.

To your point about every supporter being entitled to their opinion, I absolutely agree. But there is a slight difference between a minority of fans who want him out and stand outside the gates with placards, and a massively bold move to fly a banner over the stadium visible by the city and the media. It insinuates that most people want him out and that is not the case. If there are a hundred supporters with "Rodgers Out" placard outside Anfield, it wouldn't be an issue for 500 fans to walk out with "Rodgers In" to have their say. What are the options in this case? Fly an opposing plane with an opposing message? It's ludicriouos.

I just thought it was crass, over the top and not representative of the majority's view.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #127: May 06, 2015 01:53:00 pm
      First professional player to get between £8,000 and £10,000 a week. The abuse came from the fact some thought he didn't deserve it with the injuries he had and had kept him out the team.

i did not know that...

fuckwits in every decade then
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #128: May 06, 2015 03:52:28 pm
      The only thing I would say is that the whole Rodgers out banner, and even the sentiment is not the view of the majority, which probably explains the reaction to it. I don't agree with it, partly because I like him as a manager and think highly of him, but mostly because he doesn't deserve it. Every manager makes mistakes and plays incorrect formations/line ups etc etc etc.

To your point about every supporter being entitled to their opinion, I absolutely agree. But there is a slight difference between a minority of fans who want him out and stand outside the gates with placards, and a massively bold move to fly a banner over the stadium visible by the city and the media. It insinuates that most people want him out and that is not the case. If there are a hundred supporters with "Rodgers Out" placard outside Anfield, it wouldn't be an issue for 500 fans to walk out with "Rodgers In" to have their say. What are the options in this case? Fly an opposing plane with an opposing message? It's ludicriouos.

I just thought it was crass, over the top and not representative of the majority's view.
      Its a good point Oz . And it could be seen as a minority shouting over everyone else, just because they have the loudest voice .
      But. My mates who were at the game ,said they could only just see the banner, but they and everyone around them were fully aware of what was going on. But there was no counter , by  the crowd , to it. The crowd could of all started singing Rodgers name , but didn't.  There could of been a roar but instead people just sort of shrugged.
      Now when the Moyes banner flew, the media went into  a frenzy. It was everywhere. Rodgers banner didn't seem to register at all. A few column inches, a quick mention on the Sunday Supplement. There was a ridiculous over the top reaction on this forum , but most of the people i've spoken to about it have just sort of shrugged. Maybe the banner wasn't speaking for a minority   ???
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #129: May 06, 2015 04:00:28 pm
      No one gives a flying F**k.
      igor zidane
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 13 
      Reply #130: May 06, 2015 04:11:18 pm

This.

Whoever was behind it is abit of a bellwhiff like .
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #131: May 06, 2015 05:17:37 pm
      This club need a change from top to bottom starting first from the owners who loves selling to buy policy. You can't compete against Europe giants unless if you spend some F***ing money without having to sell your best player every year to fund for you summer budgets. Fans might be immature sometimes including me, but they also feel downhearted when you see teams like Chelsea and City and other Europe giants winning trophies and us our biggest ambition is to reach top 4 ?

The notation of football has changed now you must have a wealthy owners to buy luxury and attract top players to come to our club. Do you think the likes of Coutinho will remain patient and stick with this club? of course not they will go somewhere else where they want to challenge for trophies and win them to make it to their national teams. unless if we change our owners and get sugar daddy owner this club will never come near to trophies. We might get top 4 but then what ? trophies are all that matters to me, Spend some F***ing money! and stop selling your best player, I bet next year it'll be Countinho saga turn drama. 
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #132: May 06, 2015 05:51:05 pm
      This club need a change from top to bottom starting first from the owners who loves selling to buy policy. You can't compete against Europe giants unless if you spend some f**king money without having to sell your best player every year to fund for you summer budgets. Fans might be immature sometimes including me, but they also feel downhearted when you see teams like Chelsea and City and other Europe giants winning trophies and us our biggest ambition is to reach top 4 ?

The notation of football has changed now you must have a wealthy owners to buy luxury and attract top players to come to our club. Do you think the likes of Coutinho will remain patient and stick with this club? of course not they will go somewhere else where they want to challenge for trophies and win them to make it to their national teams. unless if we change our owners and get sugar daddy owner this club will never come near to trophies. We might get top 4 but then what ? trophies are all that matters to me, Spend some f**king money! and stop selling your best player, I bet next year it'll be Countinho saga turn drama.

Exactly. Its interesting to see the Echo is FINALLY starting to ask some questions about Charlatans 2.0 ie Shamway.

When they took over, all they needed was to fix the squad a little. 60m in upgrades would've worked wonders. Financial Fair PLaywouldn't have blocked it. And it was small change vs the 300m (yes on leverage) they nominally found to buy LFC.

But today we are still 120m in debt (ie PURCHASING of the club debt), all the stars have gone. And we look like Mike Ashley's Newcastle version 2.

THAT is the absolute disgrace. Not some whopper booing Stevie or Raheem.

I'm sick of it. The biggest disgrace isn't the shysters from Boston. Its the so called fans who willingly get bummed by John Henry and co at every opportunity. And then say thankyou to him.

Smell the coffee people. LFC has become a joke.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #133: May 06, 2015 05:53:32 pm
      This club need a change from top to bottom starting first from the owners who loves selling to buy policy. You can't compete against Europe giants unless if you spend some F***ing money without having to sell your best player every year to fund for you summer budgets. Fans might be immature sometimes including me, but they also feel downhearted when you see teams like Chelsea and City and other Europe giants winning trophies and us our biggest ambition is to reach top 4 ?

The notation of football has changed now you must have a wealthy owners to buy luxury and attract top players to come to our club. Do you think the likes of Coutinho will remain patient and stick with this club? of course not they will go somewhere else where they want to challenge for trophies and win them to make it to their national teams. unless if we change our owners and get sugar daddy owner this club will never come near to trophies. We might get top 4 but then what ? trophies are all that matters to me, Spend some F***ing money! and stop selling your best player, I bet next year it'll be Countinho saga turn drama. 

FSG
      Funding
      Pisstake
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #134: May 06, 2015 06:20:32 pm
      Its a good point Oz . And it could be seen as a minority shouting over everyone else, just because they have the loudest voice .
      But. My mates who were at the game ,said they could only just see the banner, but they and everyone around them were fully aware of what was going on. But there was no counter , by  the crowd , to it. The crowd could of all started singing Rodgers name , but didn't.  There could of been a roar but instead people just sort of shrugged.
      Now when the Moyes banner flew, the media went into  a frenzy. It was everywhere. Rodgers banner didn't seem to register at all. A few column inches, a quick mention on the Sunday Supplement. There was a ridiculous over the top reaction on this forum , but most of the people i've spoken to about it have just sort of shrugged. Maybe the banner wasn't speaking for a minority   ???

Because the banner was done by mancs!!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #135: May 06, 2015 06:25:00 pm

Some people got their heads so far up their arse they can see daylight.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #136: May 06, 2015 07:35:07 pm
      Some people got their heads so far up their arse they can see daylight.

It's like the people screaming constantly that Raheem is underpaid and is being disrespected yet he turned down a 100k/week contract...some antagonists care little about facts, its all about creating anarchy.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #137: May 06, 2015 07:50:15 pm

What makes you think it was done by Man utd fans?

Quick Reply