Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

A Disgrace.....

Read 18789 times
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: A F***ing Disgrace.....
      Reply #23: May 04, 2015 11:32:03 am
      No f**king way do those two support LFC.
      It really is an insult to any Red I know of to call either of them 'fans'.

You support LFC ?

What gives you the right to be called a true fan and me not ?

Supporting and accepting mediocrity over and over again for the past 25 years ? That gives you the right ?

Wanting this club to progress well and to have a bright future  is what a fan should aim for !

Seeing players without confidence, without giving a damn about this club, a clueless manager who doesn't know what formation he should use, changing it 4-5 times during a match, Mourinho changed his formation 2-3 times during the season for fucks sake and you're calling me a wind-up because i criticize the manager and the players and how this club is run into the dirt ? A manager who throws away over 100 million on rubbish ? Who contradicts himself times and time again during the interviews ? Who simply doesn't really know what club is he managing ?

Go support Everton i tell you again if you aim so low for this great club, do you see the atmosphere around Anfield ? There is no hope among the fans, no bright future whatsoever. I wanted Brendan to succeed but the moment he fu**ed it up against Chelsea in this club's best moment to win the League in over 20 years (and maybe the starting point to bury the Scum into the ground) coupled with his inability to sort out a defence showed me that he's not the man to take this club forward, he's a good manager for mid-table clubs like Swansea, Southampton or West Ham, this club is too big for him, end of story.

I want what's best for this club, and currently i fear we're going 3 steps back again and it will be much harder to recover after another lost year if he remains at the helm of our club.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24: May 04, 2015 11:38:18 am
      Absolutely! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but credit must be given when deserved if you're to be taken seriously.

Funny how its generally the same posters that slate the players, manager, and don't rate Rafa! WUMs of a feather!

If credit must be given when deserved shouldn't criticism also be given when deserved? I do agree that personal insults are out of order, I'm guilty of them as well from time to time, but only because I case so passionately about this club, we all do.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #25: May 04, 2015 11:39:57 am
      No good will come out of this thread I'm guessing.  ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #26: May 04, 2015 11:44:47 am
      You support LFC ?

Supporting and accepting mediocrity over and over again for the past 25 years ? That gives you the right ?

Wanting this club to progress well and to have a bright future  is what a fan should aim for !

Seeing players without confidence, without giving a damn about this club, a clueless manager who doesn't know what formation he should use, changing it 4-5 times during a match, Mourinho changed his formation 2-3 times during the season for fucks sake and you're calling me a wind-up because i criticize the manager and the players and how this club is run into the dirt ? A manager who throws away over 100 million on rubbish ? Who contradicts himself times and time again during the interviews ? Who simply doesn't really know what club is he managing ?

Go support Everton i tell you again if you aim so low for this great club, do you see the atmosphere around Anfield ? There is no hope among the fans, no bright future whatsoever. I wanted Brendan to succeed but the moment he fu**ed it up against Chelsea in this club's best moment to win the League in over 20 years (and maybe the starting point to bury the Scum into the ground) coupled with his inability to sort out a defence showed me that he's not the man to take this club forward, he's a good manager for mid-table clubs like Swansea, Southampton or West Ham, this club is too big for him, end of story.

I want what's best for this club, and currently i fear we're going 3 steps back again and it will be much harder to recover after another lost year if he remains at the helm of our club.

Tell us what your vision for the Club is then George.  Naturally you want a different Manager to Brendan but what happens next?
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #27: May 04, 2015 11:55:38 am
      You support LFC ?

George, you are the type of person who wins the lotto and picks on the negatives of how it will ruin your life.
      The epitome of negativity

I am not saying Brendan, FSG and the players cant all be upgraded. What I am saying is that we could have Mourinho as Manager with Klopp as his 2nd in command and you would still be negative when they go on a poor streak.

You and the likes are sh*t supporters.

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #28: May 04, 2015 11:58:17 am
      No good will come out of this thread I'm guessing.  ;D

I suppose I should take some of the blame. Ha

Well that escalated fast!

Just sick of keyboard warriors and new gen fans with no real understanding of what it is to support a club like this.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #29: May 04, 2015 12:01:02 pm
      Tell us what your vision for the Club is then George.  Naturally you want a different Manager to Brendan but what happens next?

I don't think he's thought any further than Klopp coming in Debbs
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #30: May 04, 2015 12:16:07 pm
      I'm a wind up ?

The insecurity around this club is produced by bad managing from the manager and the owners.

The owners are the root cause of the malady, any ingredient in the set-up below that entity is powerless to effect any corrective measure.
      As stated to claim otherwise is an untruth and a distraction.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,474 posts | 4594 
      Reply #31: May 04, 2015 12:19:14 pm
      The day we were sold and became a franchise is the very day we lost the Liverpool of old.

There will come a point in time we will hate what we have become, everything we despised of other clubs will take form of us.

The money men have ruined the game. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #32: May 04, 2015 12:24:18 pm
      I suppose I should take some of the blame. Ha

Well that escalated fast!

Just sick of keyboard warriors and new gen fans with no real understanding of what it is to support a club like this.

I'm not a keyboard warrior or a 'new gen' fan but have criticised Gerrard.

Where does that leave me mate?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #33: May 04, 2015 12:25:36 pm
      You support LFC ?

You can double your support time span and some more soft lad for this supporter.
      I won't hear of anyone describe LFC as ''mediocre'' moreso over a 25 year time span.
      I'm not judging anyone.
      I'm telling you you are full of it and not a supporter of this club.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #34: May 04, 2015 12:46:49 pm

No offence mate, most of the time you don't know whether you're Arthur or Marther, and you're asking us where that leaves you.  ;D :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #35: May 04, 2015 12:47:10 pm
      I don't think he's thought any further than Klopp coming in Debbs

Exactly mate.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #36: May 04, 2015 12:52:45 pm
      No offence mate, most of the time you don't know whether you're Arthur or Marther, and you're asking us where that leaves you.  ;D :D

Not sure what you mean Beer.

I know exactly where I am mate.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #37: May 04, 2015 12:54:36 pm

I'm all for critique of players and generally do a lot of it myself, but that's common in football.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38: May 04, 2015 12:56:28 pm
      You know, I'll be honest, I find most of the abuse towards other posters come from the ones that disagree with the criticism. Ironically, It actually brings more negativity to the forums which makes an unpleasant place to be around.

I agree, some of the criticism is harsh and uncalled for, but also, if you see it from their point of view, the positivity towards a declining team is just as ridiculous, so it goes both ways. With so many different opinions, shouldn't this make the forums more fun and engaging? We may not always agree with each other, but why can't we try to understand it from their perspective, or reply constructively and create debates rather than pointless hate and insult posts?

There are too many intelligent posters wasted on here that's focused on attacking each other because of different opinions and forgetting that this is a football forum, a football forum where we all have the same goals, and where I have learnt a lot over the years from posts that consists of varieties of criticism.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #39: May 04, 2015 12:56:51 pm
      You support LFC ?

Its pretty basic. He supports the team and you don't. Its not a complex set of criteria to fulfill.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #40: May 04, 2015 01:13:48 pm
      Not sure what you mean Beer.

I know exactly where I am mate.

Last week you made a bit of a drama about whether you want Rodgers gone or not.

Where do you stand now? (sorry to go off topic)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #41: May 04, 2015 01:31:11 pm
      Last week you made a bit of a drama about whether you want Rodgers gone or not.

Where do you stand now? (sorry to go off topic)

Ah. By most of the time you meant one time. Got it.

I'm the same on Brendan as I was then mate. I think there are signs that we could find ourselves under similar circumstances next season under Brendan but also the chance that he'll click and we have a season like last year.

Personally on reflection of this season and the other two I think its more likely we'll flatter to deceive a little under Brendan so I would make a change in the summer.

If he stays, which I think he may well do, I will support him and only hope the board support him in the market and get exactly the players he wants and feels he needs.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3456 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #42: May 04, 2015 01:32:49 pm
      The fact the people behind the banner won't make themselves known speaks volumes, to be honest I've   spoken plenty of rubbish over the years including some recent stuff about Steven but the cold light of day gives more perspective, sadly some people don't seem to be able to step back and look rationally, i know it's hard as being a fan is based largely on emotion.
      « Last Edit: May 04, 2015 01:43:36 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,726 posts | 3739 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #43: May 04, 2015 01:41:27 pm
      I am foreign (Maltese) I love Liverpool so much thanks to my dad. I have been a lfc fan for more than 16 years (when I was 8). I always remember lfc fans as knowledgeable about the game and passionate. Where is it now?

Come on Lfc fans do your part.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #44: May 04, 2015 01:51:06 pm

It's really simple. Hire a proven manager who can attract top players here, or who proved that he can develop world-class players at teams who were seen as outsiders.

Klopp is an example of that manager, who took Dortmund from financial bankrupcy to worldwide reputation (one long forgotten), a manager who signed players for small ammounts of money, and developed them in world-class players (Gundogan, Hummels, Kagawa, Lewandowski or Reus to name a few) or helped to nurture the youth players (Gotze, Schmelzer, Grosskreutz, Bender).

A manager who showed that he's capable to play free flowing football while also winning trophies despite being the underdog all the time and who can make the most of the resources handed to him.

Also get rid of the Commitee and hire a competent Director of Football who can work with the manager hired, i read that Brendan didn't want a DoF because he wanted him to have the full power on transfers and didn't want someone to undermine his authority here.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #45: May 04, 2015 01:52:44 pm
      Its pretty basic. He supports the team and you don't. Its not a complex set of criteria to fulfill.

You can't read can you ? I'd be better talking to a wall than with you mate, i don't even want someone like you to agree with me.

Quick Reply