Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Martin Skrtel (Internazionale)

Read 9422 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Martin Skrtel (Internazionale)
      Reply #23: May 09, 2015 06:26:49 am
      I trust Sakho....actually I think they make a decent partnership.

I trust Sakho too mate, just don't trust him to be fully fit for the whole season.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #24: May 09, 2015 09:42:33 am
      Means nothing these days. Countless players sign new contracts or say they are staying but end up leaving soon after.

not the case with Skrtel and Liverpool. I mean this one in particular has happened every season for the last 4 or 5. it reached its heights with both he and Agger linked with 20mil moves to the likes of City and Barca. people SHOULD be able to realise that this one in particular is garbage, you don't have to be paranoid about everything every footballer says.

just funny how we've watched Skrtel grow for years yet the Express has more weight then his words.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #25: May 10, 2015 12:08:08 pm
      I trust Sakho....actually I think they make a decent partnership.

I trust Sakho too, he still needs a bit of babysitting at the moment and Skrtel is the man to do that. Sakho will become a beast if nurtured correctly.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #26: May 10, 2015 01:24:36 pm
      FSG: "offer a good price and we'll sell. Any deal can be done if the price is right. At the right price, we can even give Barca Suraez without bargaining for Sanchez."
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #27: May 11, 2015 04:35:23 am
      It says a huge amount when we realize that Martin is now a bedrock and essential part of our team.
      He has certainly improved and we definitely shouldn't sell him because i hugely doubt the ability of this club to bring in a truly world class CB.
      If our back 3 next season is Skrtel, Sakho and Lovren with Illori as the bench option i won't be 100% happy or even remotely surprised.
      Saying that, i hope we play a 4-2-3-1 formation next season
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #28: May 12, 2015 11:54:12 am
      Just rumours I reckon. Skrtl has said he wants to stay, he's a regular, he looks motivated and happy, I would be very surprised if he leaves.

As much as I think he isn't exactly a world class CB, he has been consistent and a dependable player so I would be genuinely furious if we lost him.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #29: May 12, 2015 08:24:09 pm
      If we let Skrtel go as well we may as well all just give up.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #30: May 12, 2015 08:51:47 pm
      Ha as if we'd be stupid enough to sell our best centre back!

Would we?????
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #31: May 12, 2015 08:54:06 pm

Would we?????

Were not selling Sakho are we? :o  ;D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #32: May 12, 2015 08:55:33 pm
      Were not selling Sakho are we? :o  ;D

Sakho is arguably our best centre back when he's fit which is about 30% of the time.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #33: May 13, 2015 08:23:16 am

Would we?????

I'd rather sell Skrtel IF a better option is available.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #34: May 13, 2015 09:44:29 am
      People comparing Sakho to Skrtel are massively wide of the mark IMHO. I've been one of Sakho's biggest advocates, think he's a fine player who may yet develop into one of the best, but his injury record is ridiculous for a centre half of his age. We're not talking about an explosive striker who gets the sh!t kicked out of him every week (although even then as we know it's bad enough), we're talking about a big strapping bruiser of a stopper, "Killer" to his teammates.

Before he can be compared to Skrtel we need to look at his training regime or he needs to man the f*ck up, or both.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #35: May 13, 2015 11:55:01 am
      People comparing Sakho to Skrtel are massively wide of the mark IMHO. I've been one of Sakho's biggest advocates, think he's a fine player who may yet develop into one of the best, but his injury record is ridiculous for a centre half of his age. We're not talking about an explosive striker who gets the sh!t kicked out of him every week (although even then as we know it's bad enough), we're talking about a big strapping bruiser of a stopper, "Killer" to his teammates.

Before he can be compared to Skrtel we need to look at his training regime or he needs to man the f*ck up, or both.

My post was with toungue firmly in cheek Mick.

I'm a massive Skrtel fan and have defended him when he's been slated on here which I thought wasn't deserved.

As a pure defender though Sakho is the better player in my opinon and we need both fit and ready come August.
      « Last Edit: May 13, 2015 01:14:18 pm by srslfc »
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #36: May 13, 2015 01:01:03 pm
      My post was with toungue firmly in cheek Mick.

I'm a massive Skrtel fan and have defended him when he's been slated on here which I thought wasn't deserved.

As a pure defender though Sakho is the better player I'm my opinon and we need both fit and ready come August.

Either way, these two are our best CB pairing by a long way. Lovren is definitely improving, but he's not a starter for me.

Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #37: Jun 04, 2015 07:37:56 am
      It seems there might be a contract obstacle in the shape of a 'games played' incentive. Seems strange considering he's been pretty consistent over the past few years.

NB This article has been translated (somewhat bizarrely) by Google so it's not 100%.

Relevant section:

Reportedly, the problem is that the full amount of money you would receive under the new treaty only in the case of some, quite a high number of games played ...

"It's unacceptable for me."

So that's the obstacle, why you have not signed a new contract?

"Absolutely. I think that such contracts offered to players who are much older than me or the player who had some health problems. And I felt so old that I could sign such an agreement. And I think that even disabled I'm doing okay. The contract, which has introduced a me, makes me neakcepovateľnĆ”, so I did not sign it. Current year paid me yet. There have been some speculations about the interest of other clubs for my person, but they are currently being addressed. Now I have a representation then leave, what will it be, and I will act accordingly. "

Source:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Faktualne.atlas.sk%2Fmartin-skrtel-zmluva-ktoru-ponuka-liverpool-je-pre-mna-neakceptovatelna%2Fsport%2Ffutbal%2F%3Futm_source%3Dhp-atlas%26utm_medium%3Dbox-spravodajstvo-asktualne%26utm_campaign%3Dhp&edit-text=
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #38: Jun 04, 2015 08:06:59 am
      No way, If we let the big man go over some niggles on contract, I will be ragin, as will most of us I feel.

Get it sorted LFC.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #39: Jun 04, 2015 08:35:04 am
      Deary deary me.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #40: Jun 04, 2015 08:39:01 am
      In better English

Martin Skrtel: Liverpool FC's contract offer is unacceptable
      04 JUNE 2015 07:53 AM BY JOE RIMMER

Martin Skrtel has reportedly told Slovakian press that Liverpool FCā€™s contract offer is ā€œunacceptableā€.

The 30-year-old defender, who has just one year left on his current deal, has been in negotiations with the club over fresh terms. However he has slammed Liverpoolā€™s offer as one for ā€œolder players or players with health problems.ā€

He is said to have told Slovakian media outlets: ā€œItā€™s unacceptable for me.

ā€œI think that contracts like this offered to players who are much older than me or the player who had some health problems.

ā€œThe contract which has been offered to me is unacceptable, so I did not sign it. I have one year left and there has been some speculation about the interest from other clubs. We will see what happens.ā€

Games Played

Minutes Played

Starts

Interceptions

Substitution On

Substitution Off

Duels Won
      63.4%63.4%

Aerial duels won
      65.9%65.9%

Skrtelā€™s is the latest contract offer to drag on for Liverpool with Jordan Henderson, who has since signed a new deal, and Raheem Sterling both rejecting contract offers.

The centre-back has been linked with moves to the likes of Wolfsburg and Inter Milan - but only last month he dismissed speculation about his future.

ā€œThere is always talk about my position and my future,ā€ said the defender.

ā€œAlmost every single transfer window there is always talk about myself leaving Liverpool and interest from other clubs.

ā€œBut as it stands, I still have a contract with Liverpool, I have an offer from Liverpool and weā€™ll see where we finish (with those talks).

ā€œI am fully committed to Liverpool.ā€

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/martin-skrtel-liverpool-fcs-contract-9387462
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #41: Jun 04, 2015 09:02:04 am
      Thats a better take on it.

Hope the club sort this out, we can't afford to lose our most consistant\experienced defender.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #42: Jun 04, 2015 09:23:12 am
      Imagine if Skrtel was sold and Lovren was our starting CB next season?

Bad joke I apologise.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #43: Jun 04, 2015 05:33:45 pm
      Imagine if Skrtel was sold and Lovren was our starting CB next season?

Bad joke I apologise.

I uavey a feeling even if Martin is here Dejan could start alongside Sakho.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #44: Jun 04, 2015 06:22:06 pm
      If there's a better CB out there than Skrtel who can play the way Brendan wants him to -- and there are several -- by all means get him.

Problem is, I have no confidence in our ability to sign any of these CBs.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #45: Jun 04, 2015 07:16:04 pm
      can this tragic wreck of a club do anything right?

BR obvs wants rid of skrtel the same way he did agger, just so he can pair lovren with williams

Quick Reply