Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Lucas Leiva (Inter Milan)

Read 24058 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,398 posts | 2825 
      Lucas Leiva (Inter Milan)
      May 22, 2015 07:32:54 am
      Seems a bit about this one, heavily linked in January and it wouldn't surprise me if he was on the way.

Liverpool open to transfer of Inter Milan target Lucas Leiva with James Milner on his way

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is willing to listen to offers for Lucas Leiva. And that could give Inter Milan the green light to land the Brazilian midfielder.Rodgers rebuffed Inter when they tried to sign Lucas in January, because he was then a key part of Liverpool's mid-season revival, but is prepared to let the 28-year-old go now.

He believes Lucas is not dynamic enough and prefers Joe Allen in the midfield holding role. The Ulsterman feels that while Lucas is a fine tackler and can break up the opposition's play, he offers his Reds little going forward. As we revealed in March, Rodgers is set to bring in England midfielder James Milner on a Bosman to replace Steven Gerrard once his Manchester City contract expires this summer, and feels he can afford to sacrifice Lucas to swell his transfer kitty.

The Anfield boss feels he would have enough central midfield options in Milner, Allen, Jordan Henderson and Emre Can if Lucas went.

Inter remain interested in the player, and coach Roberto Mancini - who knows Lucas from his own days managing Man City - would like to take him to the San Siro.

Former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez, who first brought Lucas to Anfield, is also a long-term admirer and has tried to sign him for both Inter and current club Napoli.

Lucas has been at Anfield for nearly eight years since arriving from Gremio for £5million in July 2007, and is believed to want to stay put.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-open-transfer-inter-milan-5736619

Not convinced about going into next season with a midfield four of Hendo, Can, Allen and Milner. Even more unsure about Allen becoming our main holding midfielder.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Lucas Leiva (Inter Milan)
      Reply #1: May 22, 2015 07:53:49 am
      The Anfield boss feels he would have enough central midfield options in Milner, Allen, Jordan Henderson and Emre Can if Lucas went.

That surely isn't true.

As for Lucas leaving, I was expecting it even though I think it's a stupid decision. Absolute quality DM who is still under appreciated by a lot of the fan base in my opinion. Will be a huge loss and an even bigger gamble if we do go into next season with Emre as our starting DM.  As for having no proper back up, well that's the stupid part which I can't believe for a second.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #2: May 22, 2015 07:57:17 am
      What!? You mean Brendan STILL doesn't give a F**k about the defence? Has he learned nothing about what it takes to have a vague outside chance of being successful? Brendan, give Alan Hansen a tinkle and ask him what it takes to become a multiple winner.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #3: May 22, 2015 08:29:43 am
      Lucas isn't dynamic enough (maybe as injuries have taken their toll)

Allen is a better holding midfielder (sorry but if that's true then I give up on the game)

:o
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #4: May 22, 2015 08:39:19 am
      While Joe Welsh Xavi Allen is an immovable object from our squad.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5: May 22, 2015 08:47:01 am
      Yeah sell one of our most reliable and committed players. Makes sense for this club.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6: May 22, 2015 08:52:23 am
      That surely isn't true.

As for Lucas leaving, I was expecting it even though I think it's a stupid decision. Absolute quality DM who is still under appreciated by a lot of the fan base in my opinion. Will be a huge loss and an even bigger gamble if we do go into next season with Emre as our starting DM.  As for having no proper back up, well that's the stupid part which I can't believe for a second.

I agree Luke it would be stupid to sell the lad, he does job and you never hear him moaning and he has been very loyal to this club during trying times.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: May 22, 2015 10:43:40 am
      No.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #8: May 22, 2015 10:48:52 am
      Lucas isn't dynamic enough (maybe as injuries have taken their toll)

Allen is a better holding midfielder (sorry but if that's true then I give up on the game)

:o

Yep.

Ridiculous if we let him go without replacing him.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #9: May 22, 2015 10:59:45 am
      I'd have to agree mate - wee Joe is neither fish nor fowl in my opinion. Even if we set aside Lucas' experience, leadership and moxy - Joe is way too easily bullied to be deemed (by anyone) a better proposition than Lucas in that role.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #10: May 22, 2015 11:05:09 am
      I don't understand letting another of our few experienced players leave.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #11: May 22, 2015 12:05:26 pm
      I'd keep Lucas and make him club captain. he obviously isn't able to play every week, but I cannot for the life of me think of a better guy to have representing the club in an official capacity. As for his playing opportunities, If he was to be the sitter with can and Henderson ahead of him, he may play more than some think.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,923 posts | 965 
      Reply #12: May 22, 2015 12:14:15 pm
      I hope it isn't true, but at times it feels like BR wants to get rid of all the players Rafa brought in.... I think Lucas is one of the best CDM's in the Prem and we will regret selling him. Would much rather see Allen shifted, but we all know that won't happen....
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #13: May 22, 2015 12:16:05 pm
      Our best DM.

One of the few experienced players left.

One of our 'leaders'.

Potential captain material.

Guide to the youth players in cup games.

Aye let's get rid of that guy.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #14: May 22, 2015 12:50:36 pm

It's the only one.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #15: May 22, 2015 01:25:44 pm
      Daft idea. Really hope we keep hold of him. At this rate we'll have no experience in the side at all. Who next, Skrtel!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #16: May 22, 2015 01:39:19 pm
      Hope this is just silly talk (well it IS silly talk), Lucas is someone we should keep. End of.
      harrydunn08

• 5,923 posts | 965 
      Reply #17: May 22, 2015 01:57:07 pm
      One of the few experienced players left.

At this rate we'll have no experience in the side at all. Who next, Skrtel!

Yeah, it's critical that we keep Lucas and Skrtel. These are our only two experienced players left!!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #18: May 22, 2015 02:32:52 pm
      Stupid STOOOOOPID decision!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: May 22, 2015 03:16:10 pm
      I'm not huge fan of Lucas, and would agree he isn't mobile enough to be a regular starter.
      But he's an experienced guy and can do a disciplined job in front of the back 4 if needed.
      Given SG has left, not sure it's wise to also let Lucas go this season - unless HE really wants to go, and even then not sure we should let him.
      Still only 28, been pretty unlucky with injury though.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #20: May 22, 2015 03:17:31 pm
      with the present squad Lucas is a very important player
      committed-experience -passion
      not trying to compare here, but if thats the best Joe Allen can give , he is not better than Lucas,
      YNWA
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #21: May 22, 2015 03:34:56 pm
      Find that article hard to digest  , wants to get rid of someone who actually tackles , and keep someone who gets pushed around like a fart in the wind , way to go gaffer  try and sink us a bit lower ffs .
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #22: May 22, 2015 03:37:12 pm
      keep someone who gets pushed around like a fart in the wind

:lmao: :lmao: But unfortunately, true!

Quick Reply