Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

The Transfer Committee Thread

Read 104927 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Re: The Incompetent Transfer Committee Scouts Thread: GUILTY!
      Reply #138: Sep 12, 2015 07:11:56 pm
      Where does it end? We can blame the manager and the manager has been at fault BUT all this goes back again once to the f**king pricks at the transfer committee.

Andy F***ing Hunter, Dave F***ing Fallows, Mike F***ing Edwards, Mike F***ing Gordon...

We have to ask ourselves what are the qualities of these Sunday league non-entities? We sacked Damian Commolli for these muppets? Commolli had some misses, but he has had sure fire hits much more worthy to Liverpool than any of these transfer committee signings.

Regardless of whether you want Rodgers sacked or not, I believe these guys must go no matter what and bring in ONE top quality Director of Football like they do on the continent as opposed to unqualified Sunday League sh*te scouts.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,623 posts | 759 
      Reply #139: Sep 12, 2015 11:57:58 pm
      I think we have perfectly capable players.

We are either freezing them out or not using them properly. We have international players on loan.

We have a legend who admits to the fact that he would have stayed if he was given the right offer/role.

We have 2 perfectly good attacking left backs rotting while we choose to play an 18 year old right footed CB at Left back.

The 'committee' or scouts arent the problems here
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #140: Sep 12, 2015 11:58:38 pm
      I think we have perfectly capable players.

We are either freezing them out or not using them properly. We have international players on loan.

Agree.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #141: Sep 13, 2015 12:10:11 am
      Where does it end? We can blame the manager and the manager has been at fault BUT all this goes back again once to the f**king pricks at the transfer committee.

Andy F***ing Hunter, Dave F***ing Fallows, Mike F***ing Edwards, Mike F***ing Gordon...

We have to ask ourselves what are the qualities of these Sunday league non-entities? We sacked Damian Commolli for these muppets? Commolli had some misses, but he has had sure fire hits much more worthy to Liverpool than any of these transfer committee signings.

Regardless of whether you want Rodgers sacked or not, I believe these guys must go no matter what and bring in ONE top quality Director of Football like they do on the continent as opposed to unqualified Sunday League sh*te scouts.

Your on a losing battle here buddy trying to convince anyone that the current sh*te on offer is anything to do with the TC.
      Rodgers got all his first choice signings that he identified early in the season, so for even die hard Rodgers apologists like your self there is no where left to hide.

Son Of A Gun
      • Started Topic

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #142: Sep 13, 2015 12:15:42 am
      Your on a losing battle here buddy trying to convince anyone that the current sh*te on offer is anything to do with the TC.
      Rodgers got all his first choice signings that he identified early in the season, so for even die hard Rodgers apologists like your self there is no where left to hide.

Sorry where am I apologising for Rodgers? I think he's fu**ed up badly this last few weeks but this thread is about the transfer committee.

But if you think the likes of Klopp and Ancelotti are gonna look at Hunters, Edwards, etc and think they are of capable standard to work with then you are deluded. As ever, you thought the academy wasn't of any importance to the club so I guess you are one of the younger narrow minded Playstation and Football Manager ilk who think that everything about the club depends upon the manager.

Piss poor planning is all over the club, not just the management. Experiencing endless years of failures which provides us with ample evidence that there has been something rotten at the core of this club for years and years and years. Merely using the managers as a scapegoat - no matter how much at fault they have been - is not going to change anything unless there are serious planning from real men with top quality football knowledge at the top of our club.

A top manager arriving at this club is going to struggle with the tide of sh*te that swamps this club. If someone like Klopp can bring in his own experience of top men who can work with him, the. FSG should listen to him.
      « Last Edit: Sep 13, 2015 12:30:29 am by Son Of A Gun »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #143: Sep 13, 2015 12:37:04 am
      Sorry where am I apologising for Rodgers? I think he's fu**ed up badly this last few weeks but this thread is about the transfer committee.

But if you think the likes of Klopp and Ancelotti are gonna look at Hunters, Edwards, etc and think they are of capable standard to work with then you are deluded. As ever, you thought the academy wasn't of any importance to the club so I guess you are one of the younger narrow minded Playstation and Football Manager ilk who think that everything about the club depends upon the manager.

Piss poor planning is all over the club, not just the management. Experiencing endless years of failures which provides us with ample evidence that there has been something rotten at the core of this club for years and years and years. Merely using the managers as a scapegoat - no matter how much at fault they have been - is not going to change anything unless there are serious planning from real men with top quality football knowledge at the top of our club.

A top manager arriving at this club is going to struggle with the tide of sh*te that swamps this club. If someone like Klopp can bring in his own experience of top men who can work with him, the. FSG should listen to him.

The greatest trick Suarez pulled was convincing us that Rodgers was a competent manager!

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,623 posts | 759 
      Reply #144: Sep 13, 2015 12:56:14 am
      Klopp and Ancelotti could get better performances out of the squad we have. And i think Klopp sucks.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #145: Sep 13, 2015 07:51:52 am

Have to agree SOAG,  a football club should be run by football men, and not amateur wannabe's,,
      The simple fact that they are in FSG employment tells you everything,  cos those employers are not football men,
      You can dress it up any which way you like,  it's like putting lipstick on a pig, it's still going to be ugly,

By putting in place a man who knows his onions ie, a director of Football, working with both owner's and manager,  and following a plan of action will produce a far better environment for success,  Everyone singing from the same songsheet,

It is the only way forward for this club, and if I were Klopp, or Ancelotti or Simeone, I would insist on a dof and not work with the buffoons we have currently.

YNWA
      Son Of A Gun
      • Started Topic

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #146: Sep 20, 2015 08:54:05 pm
      These sack of ballbags that make up the committee better be sacked too if we are to attract a manager of top quality experience.

F**k off you utter cretins.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #147: Sep 21, 2015 02:14:39 am
      These sack of ballbags that make up the committee better be sacked too if we are to attract a manager of top quality experience.

F**k off you utter cretins.

BRENDAN RODGERS DID NOT WANT TO WORK UNDER A DOF!

BRENDAD RODGERS IS PART OF THE COMMITTEE AND HAS FINAL SAY ON ALL SIGNINGS!

Son Of A Gun
      • Started Topic

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #148: Sep 21, 2015 04:39:27 am

BRENDAD RODGERS IS PART OF THE COMMITTEE AND HAS FINAL SAY ON ALL SIGNINGS!

Still no excuse to hire lower league nobodies in the committee. Bad decisions from Rodgers could have been tempered by, y'know, actual real quality committee members with actual football knowledge.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #149: Sep 21, 2015 05:21:12 am
      Still no excuse to hire lower league nobodies in the committee. Bad decisions from Rodgers could have been tempered by, y'know, actual real quality committee members with actual football knowledge.

Or a Director of Football.

One was quite eager to come but was rejected by Rodgers.

The ugly bugger led the Mancs to a top 4 finish in his first season and  has them sitting in second.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #150: Sep 21, 2015 03:55:20 pm

Brendan's never said he wouldn't work under a DoF mate.  He said the DoF needed to be in place first before appointing a manager.  If we'd have had a DoF in place when we approached him he'd have been more than happy with the arrangement but we sacked the DoF before we sacked the previous manager supposedly because FSG weren't happy with him buying Jordan Henderson  :confused-smiley-013:
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #151: Sep 22, 2015 12:09:39 am
      Brendan's never said he wouldn't work under a DoF mate.  He said the DoF needed to be in place first before appointing a manager.  If we'd have had a DoF in place when we approached him he'd have been more than happy with the arrangement but we sacked the DoF before we sacked the previous manager supposedly because FSG weren't happy with him buying Jordan Henderson  :confused-smiley-013:

So he was talking about retrospect then Debs given that he was appointed after Comolli?

His preference was to have a committee in place after we flunked a whole lot of cash on rubbish in his first summer.
      RedrunstheColour
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #152: Sep 23, 2015 03:20:48 am
      Henderson or Carroll?  :f_tongueincheek:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #153: Sep 23, 2015 05:39:00 pm

Remember wasting money as a reason for getting rid of Comolli.

Right now I'd rather have Damian than the frigging transfer committee, at least he got the Suarez deal sorted!!

Commolli 1 - 0 Transfer Committee

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #154: Sep 23, 2015 05:48:38 pm
      Remember wasting money as a reason for getting rid of Comolli.

Right now I'd rather have Damian than the frigging transfer committee, at least he got the Suarez deal sorted!!

Commolli 1 - 0 Transfer Committee

And in fairness to him he also bagged Bale, Modric and Berbatov for Tottenham. His successes more than make up for any perceived failings plus his network of contacts across Europe and the world probably greatly outweigh that of the Dave Fallows ex Man City scout (because apparently the Man City strategy of throwing bucketloads of money at well established players across is a smart, incisive strategy) and Barry Hunter. Barry F***ing Hunter - ex Rushden and Diamonds manager no less!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #155: Sep 23, 2015 05:53:59 pm
      Comolli was good at his job and FSG dropped him far too quickly in my opinion.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #156: Sep 23, 2015 06:15:00 pm

Debs we all know now he played brinkmanship playing first "the refusal of the job" game plan.
      You're right. Should have had the DoF in place and if I recall wasnt LVG sounded out with positive feedback from him?

Ego and insecurity.
      The control freak factor.
      All the traits he has shown subsequently ie getting rid of Alpha players who would speak their mind .... isolating others etc.
      Until recently having his corporate yes men, (Pascoe etc) around him until those props were taken away.
      Ego. It wouldnt allow him to have someone to report to ........ or challenge him more is the point.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #157: Sep 23, 2015 06:20:21 pm
      Comolli was good at his job and FSG dropped him far too quickly in my opinion.

I think he was good at spotting talent and closing deals, not so sure he was much good at price negotiations.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #158: Sep 23, 2015 06:24:09 pm
      I think he was good at spotting talent and closing deals, not so sure he was much good at price negotiations.

Yeah like we've found anyone better since!!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #159: Sep 23, 2015 06:24:13 pm

I thought that bit was left to the genius Ian Ayre.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #160: Sep 23, 2015 06:24:38 pm
      I thought that bit was left to the genius Ian Ayre.

Exactly ;)

Quick Reply