Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

The Transfer Committee Thread

Read 103852 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: The Transfer Committee Thread
      Reply #1311: Apr 09, 2016 06:41:27 pm
      Interesting day .

One that sees Andy Carroll bag a hat trick  against the Arse.

Bought by Comolli and Kenny for £35 million plus and then sold off by the TC by way first of all a £2 million loan then a year later £15 million.
      Half price .
      We were told by Brendan that Andy Carroll was no good for his  style of play.

Then TC  / Brendan or both  buy Benteke.
      Who will be probably sold off for ...................  ?

Half price ?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #1312: Apr 09, 2016 09:47:35 pm
      It seems to me, The manager whoever it is, wants a player of a particular type. The scouts find a few players of that type, and they are listed in order of preference. The manager elects who he wants, the transfer committee then do their due diligence, weighing up the age, purchase price, wages, agents fees, possible sell on price, and report to the owners. If the figures don't add up, we go to the second option, then the third etc. etc. The manager though, ( as BR said) always has the last say.
       I would therefore conclude that the transfer committee system of player purchase, does not work. Or at least it hasn't for us on many occasions. Perhaps it has when the first option was attainable, but certainly not consistently enough to be deemed a success.
      If the manager sources a player, does the form and ability checks himself, and then gets the player bought, there's no one else to blame.  If he has a plan, he and his backroom staff will know exactly what sort of player he needs to fit into his system.
      A transfer committee of sorts may work at other clubs, but ours seems to be made up from ex lower league and amateur players, or some with no previous footballing experience at all.
      All in all, either the transfer committee is at fault, or the manager who allows it to happen and go over his head is at fault.
      If the manager is strong enough to demand, ONLY the players HE wants, will be bought. The transfer committee is not required.

Just my opinion.        :f_whistle:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #1313: Apr 09, 2016 09:50:34 pm
      Happy to jump on this bandwagon mate, but just to make things a little clearer does this apply to selling players too? 'Cos if Coutinho goes I will want to be blaming someone ...

If the likes of Couts moves on, it will be for CL footy I would guess. Don't think any manager would wish to move him on, or any player of that calibre, but if a player doesn't want to play for you........

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1314: Apr 09, 2016 10:41:50 pm
      but if a player doesn't want to play for you........

you put him in chains and lock him in a dungeon and only let him out on match days ? :)

Quite honestly he is the only player we have at the moment that would cause me real concern if he left. If Firmino, Studge go I would be disappointed, but Coutinho leaving would really demonstrate the lack of ambition and lowered status of our club.

While I accept that sometimes there is nothing you can do, I think that there are things we can do to help keep him here. Show more ambition in transfers, give him a contract that is the equal of others at the club (with a huge buyout) and as you say hopefully give him the CL football he wants here.     

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1315: Apr 09, 2016 10:50:16 pm
      Interesting day .

One that sees Andy Carroll bag a hat trick  against the Arse.

Bought by Comolli and Kenny for £35 million plus and then sold off by the TC by way first of all a £2 million loan then a year later £15 million.
      Half price .
      We were told by Brendan that Andy Carroll was no good for his  style of play.

Then TC  / Brendan or both  buy Benteke.
      Who will be probably sold off for ...................  ?

Half price ?

He scores a hatrick 3 years after being at Liverpool... Bit late that.

You are funny though.

:lmao:

File that under: Planetdesperation

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1316: Apr 10, 2016 12:10:28 am
      He scores a hatrick 3 years after being at Liverpool... Bit late that.

You are funny though.

:lmao:

File that under: Planetdesperation

Whats that green thing next to your name ?
       ;D
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1317: Apr 10, 2016 12:29:07 am
      Whats that green thing next to your name ?
       ;D

That green thing next to my name means I am currently logged on.  :D

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1318: Apr 10, 2016 09:47:48 am
      That green thing next to my name means I am currently logged on.  :D

I would never have guessed.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1319: Apr 10, 2016 01:32:50 pm

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic says that Andy Carroll is the "best in the world" at heading the ball after the striker scored a hat-trick against Arsenal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36006770

Kenny and Comolli may have been right.
      Brendan /  Transfer Committee  may have been wrong.
      We will never know.

Zen saying :   Whats the sound of one hand clapping ?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1320: Apr 11, 2016 11:07:25 am

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic says that Andy Carroll is the "best in the world" at heading the ball after the striker scored a hat-trick against Arsenal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36006770

Kenny and Comolli may have been right.
      Brendan /  Transfer Committee  may have been wrong.
      We will never know.

Zen saying :   Whats the sound of one hand clapping ?

Be injured again next week.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1321: Apr 11, 2016 02:11:14 pm
      Whoever Carroll plays for, he was never a player suited to Liverpool.

It was a mistake to buy him, and his attitude was pathetic. Doesn't explain why Rodgers wasted so much on Benteke (utterly perplexed at why he did this) and I think the transfer committee are still a bunch of low league level goons but I'm glad he was sold.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1322: Apr 11, 2016 03:03:28 pm
      A transfer committee is none other than an excuse and a smokescreen for owners to justify their:
      1) inability/unwillingness to pay up for and;
      2) their poor judgement to select and do a deal to acquire

the most suitable players, for reasons apart from winning football matches.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1323: Apr 11, 2016 03:29:35 pm
      A transfer committee is none other than an excuse and a smokescreen for owners to justify their:
      1) inability/unwillingness to pay up for and;
      2) their poor judgement to select and do a deal to acquire

the most suitable players, for reasons apart from winning football matches.

Yet most teams in the world have a transfer committee or something similar...must be a global conspiracy.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,260 posts | 8582 
      Reply #1324: Apr 11, 2016 04:08:57 pm
      Yet most teams in the world have a transfer committee or something similar...must be a global conspiracy.

Difference is they mostly ain't absolute no-marks and don't include non-football people like that tw*t Mike Gordon!!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1325: Apr 11, 2016 04:46:15 pm
      Difference is they mostly ain't absolute no-marks and don't include non-football people like that tw*t Mike Gordon!!

TBF

Doubt posters on this board know much about other teams transfer committees, they're members and if they are no-marks or twits and seeing how transfers as a whole are 50/50 propositions at best I doubt we are that much better or worse than anybody else.

We just see/talk about out TC everyday whereas we don't speak or have knowledge of others.

Means F**k all now anyway with Jürgen here.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,594 posts | 745 
      Reply #1326: Apr 11, 2016 04:51:24 pm
      Whoever Carroll plays for, he was never a player suited to Liverpool.

West Ham have been better than us for a couple seasons now. I dont think we are in a position (or have been) to have this kind of attitude.

He would and could work for us in the right circumstances.

We apparently have some sort of 'style' that we like to play. Remind me where it has gotten us? 1 close title run in the last 5 years? a cup final? Maybe its time we re-visit this 'style' we apparently play. Because it doesnt seem to be paying off very much. And we keep wasting MILLIONS.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1327: Apr 11, 2016 04:55:09 pm
      West Ham have been better than us for a couple seasons now. I dont think we are in a position (or have been) to have this kind of attitude.

He would and could work for us in the in the right circumstances.

Have they really? Pretty sure they finished 12th last season!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #1328: Apr 11, 2016 05:09:48 pm

We apparently have some sort of 'style' that we like to play. Remind me where it has gotten us? 1 close title run in the last 5 years? a cup final? Maybe its time we re-visit this 'style' we apparently play. Because it doesnt seem to be paying off very much. And we keep wasting MILLIONS.

Klopp will address your concerns.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,260 posts | 8582 
      Reply #1329: Apr 11, 2016 05:17:30 pm

Should we just F**k off our playing 'style' you know the one Barca copied from (for tiki taka see pass and move) and go for something like Wimbledon and Stoke like to play.

Just lump it up to the big man or route one as it was called!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1330: Apr 11, 2016 05:27:20 pm
      Should we just F**k off our playing 'style' you know the one Barca copied from (for tiki taka see pass and move) and go for something like Wimbledon and Stoke like to play.

Course we should mate, just think of how much money we could get for selling Cou, Firmino, Studge and Lallana who would all be redundant in a system that accommodates the likes of big Andy and/or Benteke.

While we're at it we should have kept the Owl as Manager just so we have someone competent to implement that "style".

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1331: Apr 11, 2016 06:02:34 pm
      Course we should mate, just think of how much money we could get for selling Cou, Firmino, Studge and Lallana who would all be redundant in a system that accommodates the likes of big Andy and/or Benteke.

While we're at it we should have kept the Owl as Manager just so we have someone competent to implement that "style".

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

On form today Debs! :nod:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1332: Apr 11, 2016 06:09:12 pm

It's surprising what good performances and results can do mate  ;D
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,594 posts | 745 
      Reply #1333: Apr 11, 2016 06:23:32 pm
      Should we just f**k off our playing 'style' you know the one Barca copied from (for tiki taka see pass and move) and go for something like Wimbledon and Stoke like to play.

you're being very simplistic about what carroll and benteke can do. They aren't just target men. Nevertheless

i hardly think having 2 wingers either side of a striker, who could actually cross accurately and have pace, would be 'changing the system' (a system that we haven't even been successful with btw). ANY striker (sturridge, origi, ings) would benefit from having that outlet out wide on either side. We played better with sterling out wide and he was all pace! couldn't even cross. ;D

Quick Reply