Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match.

Mignolet
      2 (2.6%)
      Can
      3 (3.9%)
      Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Sakho
      2 (2.6%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      2 (2.6%)
      Allen
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      49 (64.5%)
      Lallana
      3 (3.9%)
      Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Ibe
      13 (17.1%)
      Lambert
      1 (1.3%)
      Toure
      1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Stoke 6:1 Liverpool, In game and post match post mortem

Read 75507 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Stoke 6:1 Liverpool, In game and post match post mortem
      Reply #621: May 25, 2015 01:34:13 pm
      Have to disagree with this one, he seems to be the only player that consistently gets between players and the goal. My only criticism is that he often gives away soft free kicks in dangerous areas, particularly late on in games.

Yes, he did put in the tackles on many occassions and I won't fault him on that but winning those tackles that counts and Allen simply doesn't has the physical attribute and aggressiveness  in him to excel in tackles.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6953 
      Reply #622: May 25, 2015 01:37:08 pm
      It wasn't great and I still think if we had a striker that scored 15+ this season, we'd have walked top 4 and got to at least one final.

Towards the end of the season I'm not so sure.

Genuine chance creation against both Crystal Palace and Stoke was dismal. 
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #623: May 25, 2015 02:15:45 pm
      Sat up and watched that shower of sh*t for the first time supporting the club switched the tv off the moment the ball crossed the line for the 3 goal.

That really was the pits lowest of the lows you try and feel and assimilate with Brendan then you see Allen in the starting line up and persistence with Can at RB and it just sucks the life out of you it really does.

The changing room has been lost and  I don't see a way back for Brendan.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #624: May 25, 2015 02:43:06 pm
      Let’s face it we (LFC) are no longer a big club, Maybe back in the eighties, but since then we have only been “Also Rans”

Yes there are those out there that will say we (LFC) won The UEFA Cup and the CL in 2001 and 05, also the European Super in the same years but for me that would be like claiming teams like Nottingham Forest, Porto, Ipswich Town, IFK Gotenborg, Parma, Sevilla, and Dnipro are “Big Clubs” they have all won the European Cup/Champions League/ Europa League in the past and were doing well in their respective league but have fail to do so in the last 20 plus years, or they are teams that has done nothing in their respective league yet have won these Cups…

Either way you paint it; it has been 26 seasons since LFC have won the League, and throwing in a few Cups whether that be League Cups, FA’s the odds CL, UEFA, or Super Cup, Charity Shield here and there that hardly sounds like a “Big Club” to me.
       In another ten or 26 seasons time are We, the LFC supports still going to be barging about our “Trophy Cabinet” still claiming to be a “Big club”? When Clubs like Arsenal, City, and Chelsea have also overtaken us in the amount of League titles won?
      We sound like the pundits barging about the 1966 World Cup. Yes we won it; but that was last century.
                                To steal a line from Janet Jackson “What have you do for me lately” 

We are paying the price of not investing in the facilities and stadium during that time of success and every since. That has cost us, players and sponsorship money….

Liverpool gets a six year (£25m a year) kit deal with Warrior worth £150m to the club sounds great until you compeer it with Man Utd’s £750m 10 year (£75m a year) kit deal with Adidas

Now add that to the fact that we (LFC) have a 45’000 plus stadium while Man Utd can boost 75’000 plus is it any wonder why we (LFC) have not had the money and success needed to buy and keep old of players

Times have changed now; almost go are the days when a player signed for a club with a view of spending the rest of his career with that club. More now than ever it is about “Success and Money” for the more success you have the more money you can demand. Wages, Sponsorship, Personal Endorsement, Advertising Revenue the list does on…

Our Number on priority:-. Stay in the Premiere League   

Number Two should be: - Build a new Stadium. This should be easier with the new financial packet teams will get from the Premiere League

Number Three: - The Liverpool Brand.  Start touring places like China, Japan, Australia and Argentina, sign Japanese, and Chinese player the revenue bought in trough shirts sales will be worth it alone, Playing teams in Argentina afford us the chance of having a look at some of their players coming through and hopefully signing the next Tevez, Mascherano, Crespo, Batistuta, Aguero or Messi

Until we learn the lesson of investing for the future then no matter which manager we bring in there will only ever be limit success in future at LFC

Something “littleface” said which I to have said in the past, but it still applies now

that is why we need to change, not only the football side, but fans accepting mediocrity for long periods.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #625: May 25, 2015 03:30:00 pm
      Let’s face it we (LFC) are no longer a big club, Maybe back in the eighties, but since then we have only been “Also Rans”

Yes there are those out there that will say we (LFC) won The UEFA Cup and the CL in 2001 and 05, also the European Super in the same years but for me that would be like claiming teams like Nottingham Forest, Porto, Ipswich Town, IFK Gotenborg, Parma, Sevilla, and Dnipro are “Big Clubs” they have all won the European Cup/Champions League/ Europa League in the past and were doing well in their respective league but have fail to do so in the last 20 plus years, or they are teams that has done nothing in their respective league yet have won these Cups…

Either way you paint it; it has been 26 seasons since LFC have won the League, and throwing in a few Cups whether that be League Cups, FA’s the odds CL, UEFA, or Super Cup, Charity Shield here and there that hardly sounds like a “Big Club” to me.
       In another ten or 26 seasons time are We, the LFC supports still going to be barging about our “Trophy Cabinet” still claiming to be a “Big club”? When Clubs like Arsenal, City, and Chelsea have also overtaken us in the amount of League titles won?
      We sound like the pundits barging about the 1966 World Cup. Yes we won it; but that was last century.
                                To steal a line from Janet Jackson “What have you do for me lately” 

We are paying the price of not investing in the facilities and stadium during that time of success and every since. That has cost us, players and sponsorship money….

Liverpool gets a six year (£25m a year) kit deal with Warrior worth £150m to the club sounds great until you compeer it with Man Utd’s £750m 10 year (£75m a year) kit deal with Adidas

Now add that to the fact that we (LFC) have a 45’000 plus stadium while Man Utd can boost 75’000 plus is it any wonder why we (LFC) have not had the money and success needed to buy and keep old of players

Times have changed now; almost go are the days when a player signed for a club with a view of spending the rest of his career with that club. More now than ever it is about “Success and Money” for the more success you have the more money you can demand. Wages, Sponsorship, Personal Endorsement, Advertising Revenue the list does on…

Number Two should be: - Build a new Stadium. This should be easier with the new financial packet teams will get from the Premiere League

Number Three: - The Liverpool Brand.  Start touring places like China, Japan, Australia and Argentina, sign Japanese, and Chinese player the revenue bought in trough shirts sales will be worth it alone, Playing teams in Argentina afford us the chance of having a look at some of their players coming through and hopefully signing the next Tevez, Mascherano, Crespo, Batistuta, Aguero or Messi

Until we learn the lesson of investing for the future then no matter which manager we bring in there will only ever be limit success in future at LFC

Something “littleface” said which I to have said in the past, but it still applies now

This message brought to you as part of an FSG party political broadcast.

I especially liked this part: Our Number on priority:-. Stay in the Premiere League 

ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #626: May 25, 2015 03:31:44 pm
      Towards the end of the season I'm not so sure.

Genuine chance creation against both Crystal Palace and Stoke was dismal. 
      In addition, our performances have been flat for the most part of 2015.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #627: May 25, 2015 04:17:43 pm

I know that feel, Bren
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #628: May 25, 2015 04:31:37 pm
      We probably could have done with Stone Cold Steve Austin popping into the dressing room at half time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_r2heFDix8
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3953 
      Reply #629: May 25, 2015 04:41:02 pm

Complete bollocks of a comment.
      The karma count is proof of the wums on this forum.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #630: May 25, 2015 04:48:47 pm

I especially liked this part: Our Number on priority:-. Stay in the Premiere League 

where do these people come from.whatever planet it is its obvious that no intelligent life resides on it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3953 
      Reply #631: May 25, 2015 05:14:04 pm
      It happened because we had a manager who was too slow to react to events as they occurred from the first whistle. It happened because we have got players who don't give a f**k and have no pride when wearing the Liverpool shirt. Story of the season.

How does the prospect of FSG sorting next season out grab you Billy?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #632: May 25, 2015 05:17:13 pm

:holyshit:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #633: May 25, 2015 05:42:59 pm
      A day on from watching the whole game ay I actually stuck it too the end and I still feel a bit numb , oh ive seen us lose plenty of times ive even driven over 400 miles in a day for the privilege ,, but never in my time following  lfc have I witnessed such a gutless bunch take the field in our name they ought to be fckin ashamed , but guess what you can bet the fckers already got their hoybobs booked and wont be giving a flying fck for us as they sip their cocktails on some sun drenched islsnd , feel lower than a snakes cock .
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #634: May 25, 2015 06:34:04 pm
      I can bring myself to watch it again, and i've been avoiding sky sports news like i owe them money.

we have had so many lows this season, i cant recall a season with so many lows, so many opportunities to put it right and on every occasion somehow messed up again

and majority of the time against 'lesser' teams

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #635: May 25, 2015 09:04:20 pm
      Let’s face it we (LFC) are no longer a big club,

Sorry lad, you lost me there.. I stopped reading
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #636: May 25, 2015 10:34:45 pm
      That's all folks...

Move along now...

Nothing else to see anymore... seasons finished ....

new away kit looked a bit morbid....
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #637: May 25, 2015 10:51:41 pm
      "its easy to set up a team to defend." - Brendan Rodgers
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #638: May 26, 2015 12:19:42 am

I am new to this site, but If you knew me from caught offside before they switch to Facebook/twitter/Google One/etc then you would have know that I did not trust the motives behind FSG and believed by what they said re:- buying young play whom they could sell for more that they intended to invest little or nothing, but rely on the profits many on a player to invest or money from sponsorship deals.... Sorry No great fan of any American owners in English Football, especially at  Liverpool
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #639: May 26, 2015 12:28:24 am
      Complete bollocks of a comment.
      Try reading between the lines the "Our Number on priority:-. Stay in the Premiere League" Means although the invest is the ultimate goal It should be done even if we are finishing mid table for a season or three, but we should only bring in players that can keep us out of a relegation battle, mid table is ok until we have the funds to compete at the top again 
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #640: May 26, 2015 12:34:24 am
      Sorry lad, you lost me there.. I stopped reading
      Sorry Paisleydalglish This is one of the main points of my post, There is far too many of you that believe we are still a "Big Club" sad fact is where a "Big Club" but are no longer
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #641: May 26, 2015 12:43:46 am

stuey are you saying that you only post to raise your Karma Count?, sorry that not something that i aim for "The Popular post" If things I post are popular/unpopular so be it They are things I believe... Notice That I often start by saying "I believe" I do not feel offended or threaten If others believe differently, Nor do I refer to anyone else s view as "Bollocks" because I do not agree with them... But that's just me
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #642: May 26, 2015 12:49:14 am

It doesn't stuey, the whole lot needs sorting out starting in Boston, but I fear it will be carry on as usual.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #643: May 26, 2015 07:03:41 am
      Sorry Paisleydalglish This is one of the main points of my post, There is far too many of you that believe we are still a "Big Club" sad fact is where a "Big Club" but are no longer

No lad

We will always be a big club.. The moment people accept we aren't will be a sad day.

Quick Reply