Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

The Manager Merry Go Round Tread: [Edited title to encompass all.]

Read 48392 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Re: Manager Merry Go Round: Klopp, Rafa, Ancelotti, Allardyce
      Reply #138: May 28, 2015 02:54:24 pm
      They're waiting for the end of season review, as I'm sure you well know, despite the asinine attempts to stir things up.

go boil your head you dont half post some sh*te.Your name is very apt .
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #139: May 28, 2015 02:57:03 pm
      go boil your head you dont half post some sh*te.Your name is very apt .

Very mature.

As expected.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #140: May 28, 2015 03:02:23 pm
      I posted earlier that maybe no approach can be made until after the Dortmund Cup final and sacking Brendan could put more pressure on him and FSG.So after the Cup final if Klopp is to come here I would expect immediate action from FSG.If not as some of us are now concluding no change is imminent. FSG what a joke.

We will know after Saturday what substance there is to this Klopp rumours. Klopp is not going to give even the most subtle hint about what his intentions are yet reaffirming his stance that he has no plans, as a football man who gets his priorities in order, all he cares about is winning the cup for Dortmund. The scenario of Klopp coming to Anfield is either:

A - FSG are holding out this end of season review until all seasons in Europe are finished after the weekend - mostly all cup finals. The logic of sacking Brendan last week with an immediate meeting and then not having a viable replacement would have been foolish. FSG are merely biding their time when managers are available to speak...

B - There is a verbal agreement with Klopp to become Liverpool manager, but again, it would provide distractions to Klopp with a final next week so nothing has been said, plus FSG don't want to be seen as backstabbing by having gone behind Brendan's back and talking to someone else, so 'talks' will only begin when Rodgers has been sacked. Though in reality, most of it has already been sewn up. Such a ruthless approach is to be expected by FSG, considering the way they treated Kenny.

C - Klopp plans to take a six month sabbatical only if a couple of 'interesting' offers don't come up. Rafael Honigstein understands Liverpool would be one of these very select few clubs in which Klopp would be interested in. With City apparently planning for Guardiola in 16/17 after his contract is up in Munich, and no indication of Wenger, Van Gaal and Mourinho leaving, that leaves Liverpool as by far the most likely club in England by which Klopp would have an eye on.

D - Rodgers is given next season to make amends. Under this scenario, and something 99% of us believe should at least happen if this occurs, this review will hopefully change the structure and strategy of the club. If results don't pick up, then Rodgers position will become untenable. Though questions have to be asked as to whether (a) FSG would risk a mid season sacking, meaning potential targets have gone (Ancelotti and Klopp) and (b) they wouldn't want to fork out mass compensation towards a club whose manager has been taken.

Everything is far too quiet for my liking. As you said Walton, it is either they are seriously considering what to do, or it is just a shocking lack of respect towards us fans by not bothering to clarify any sort of position.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #141: May 28, 2015 03:06:32 pm
      They're waiting for the end of season review, as I'm sure you well know, despite the asinine attempts to stir things up.

Whatever anyone's position on Rodgers is, the lack of clarification is immensely frustrating for us, who have no idea what is going on.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,331 posts | 4959 
      Reply #142: May 28, 2015 03:07:25 pm
      To be honest I don't really care about the exact date.

I just want this sh*t over so we can move on, one way or another.

Agree.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3964 
      Reply #143: May 28, 2015 03:14:02 pm
      What manager with any aspiration or credibility is prepared to work under the conditions FSG have in place?
      Conditions that demand compliance, a yes man to whatever degree of compliance to be exact.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #144: May 28, 2015 03:15:32 pm
      Whatever anyone's position on Rodgers is, the lack of clarification is immensely frustrating for us, who have no idea what is going on.

And again.
      END OF SEASON REVIEW.

This is a meeting that has been planned for the last year.
      They hold it every year at the same time.

Now you and others are throwing what amounts to a tantrum because they won't move the meeting on your say so.

It's really, really simple, but because you and others want instant gratification and information, all kinds of weird conspiracy theories are popping up.
      They'll do the review, and we'll know the outcome shortly after.
      All that's required is a modicum of patience, something that seems to be in short supply these days.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #145: May 28, 2015 03:22:11 pm
      Empire of the Kop ‏@empireofthekop  17 mins17 minutes ago
      Jürgen Klopp 'says yes' to Liverpool [Bild] - http://go.shr.lc/1FEU0kF 

Well, that's different.
      Also doesn't say anywhere at all the Klopp says yes

At least I can't find it
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #146: May 28, 2015 03:25:24 pm
      What manager with any aspiration or credibility is prepared to work under the conditions FSG have in place?

I think they will, whether long term they would just think oh F**k this and look for something else, after all people still and will still go to places like Real Madrid, West Ham, Newcastle where the people in charge of the club are challenging. It's like managers who take on players perceived as difficult. the ego thinks well I can make it work. Whether the very top  tier of manager would then that's another, they may think as long as they know what the goals are, the structure etc it would be better than working in an environment where the goal posts keep moving
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #147: May 28, 2015 03:37:45 pm
      Also doesn't say anywhere at all the Klopp says yes

At least I can't find it

The link won't even open for me. Maybe someone could post the text?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,225 posts | 4419 
      Reply #148: May 28, 2015 03:45:46 pm
      Try this one.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2015/05/28/Jürgen-klopp-says-yes-to-liverpool-bild/
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,331 posts | 4959 
      Reply #149: May 28, 2015 04:00:16 pm

I'd guess many would Stuey as we are still a big draw as a club and also there are many clubs in Europe who run along the same lines as ours I'd imagine.

Even with the constrictions we have in place we still spend money on players and sny manager coming in will have a very good squad, in Europe and with a decent bit of money to spend in relation to some other clubs.

The challenge of bringing us back to where we think we belong shouldn't be underestimated either for any manager with ambition.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #150: May 28, 2015 04:03:02 pm
      http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball/wird-kult-klub-liverpool-frei-fuer-ihn-41099086.bild.html

Saturday (20 clock) sitting Jürgen Klopp (47) in the cup-final against Wolfsburg last time for Dortmund on the coach bench. After image information he plans thereafter once to accept any new job. However, an England Club might butt in.

Will cult club Liverpool for free Klopp?

Since 2012 Brendan Rodgers (42 / contract until 2018) is a trainer at the "Reds". A title he previously could not win with the club. to 6th place this season and missed the Champions League qualifying, he is gone. He himself says about his future in Liverpool: "If the club owners want me to go, then I'll go." And Klopp to replace him.

Among the Liverpool fans going at Twitter already the hashtag #KloppForTheKop order. "The Kop" is the fan curve the "Reds".

Why Liverpool?

► fans. Liverpool is known for its emotional followers. Particularly poignant: Before the games running in the stadium at Anfield "You'll never walk alone". In the future they want to go with Klopp.

► The language. In an interview with the TV channel "BT Sport" revealed Klopp 2014 that he could imagine only England next to a job in Germany. Klopp about the reason: "Because it is the only country where I speak a bit of the language. Then, when someone calls me, we can talk about. "

► The upheaval. After 27 years leaves legend Steven Gerrard (34) to the club. According to English media to leave the club in the summer a total of eight players - even scandal striker Mario Balotelli (24).

► The Love. Since the Champions League final in 2013 against Bayern in Wembley (1: 2 nV) the British rave about Klopp.

So absolutely nothing about Klopp saying yes to LFC

Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #151: May 28, 2015 04:15:41 pm
      And again.
      END OF SEASON REVIEW.

This is a meeting that has been planned for the last year.
      They hold it every year at the same time.

Now you and others are throwing what amounts to a tantrum because they won't move the meeting on your say so.

It's really, really simple, but because you and others want instant gratification and information, all kinds of weird conspiracy theories are popping up.
      They'll do the review, and we'll know the outcome shortly after.
      All that's required is a modicum of patience, something that seems to be in short supply these days.

If the owners came out after that disastrous result on Sunday, saying, 'we want Brendan to stay but we are reviewing how we conduct our business', I WOULD BE SATISFIED.

The most reasonable reports suggest Brendan is staying, I'll take that on board..... So why the f**k haven't they said a word? I am of the belief that Brendan is staying, and if that is the case, reviews should be brought forward. Time is of the essence and no time should be wasted going about how to fix what was an utter travesty of a few months. This is not the time to be sitting on our hands doing f**k all - I think the form over the last few months requires immediate planning if Brendan is to stay.

I merely speculate because *perhaps* FSG are planning a managerial change. Because as I and most people don't understand, why treat us fans like this if Brendan is staying and not saying anything about it? Sheer disrespectful, and I think it's only natural for us to have no patience considering the diabolical running of the club the past 25 years.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #152: May 28, 2015 04:46:46 pm
      Take Rafa an Ancelotti from the thread title, one to Madrid the other to Milan
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #153: May 28, 2015 04:57:09 pm

Thanks.

I sure don't see anything in there that says anything about Klopp wanting the Liverpool position.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #154: May 28, 2015 04:57:26 pm

Ancelotti is taking a year out, his wife said in an interview with Vanity Fair.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #155: May 28, 2015 04:59:04 pm
      Ancelotti is taking a year out, his wife said in an interview with Vanity Fair.

I read it in "Take a Break"
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #156: May 28, 2015 05:02:22 pm
      If the owners came out after that disastrous result on Sunday, saying, 'we want Brendan to stay but we are reviewing how we conduct our business', I WOULD BE SATISFIED.

The most reasonable reports suggest Brendan is staying, I'll take that on board..... So why the f**k haven't they said a word? I am of the belief that Brendan is staying, and if that is the case, reviews should be brought forward. Time is of the essence and no time should be wasted going about how to fix what was an utter travesty of a few months. This is not the time to be sitting on our hands doing f**k all - I think the form over the last few months requires immediate planning if Brendan is to stay.

I merely speculate because *perhaps* FSG are planning a managerial change. Because as I and most people don't understand, why treat us fans like this if Brendan is staying and not saying anything about it? Sheer disrespectful, and I think it's only natural for us to have no patience considering the diabolical running of the club the past 25 years.

Why the F**k would they come out and say anything straight after a match when they are going to review the entire season?
      It wasn't "disrespect" last year when we waited for the review reports, so why is it this year?

You're talking pure sh*te fella.
      The other day you insisted the club had to hold F***ing "crisis" meetings, a middle management bullshit phrase if ever there was one.

What you're doing is making a mountain out of a F***ing molehill, and no matter how you try and dress it up as "disrespect", the only person disrespecting anything is you and others calling a loss a F***ing crisis, and trying to peddle a scheduled meeting as something it isn't, and never was about.
      They will look at the entire season, and work from there, not take a leaf from this place and start histrionics about a single F***ing result.

If FSG had come out straight after the match, people would say they were jumping the gun and needed to sort things out.
      Now that they haven't, it's "disrespect" to the fans.

What the F**k happened to The Liverpool Way where we do these things behind closed doors and then make an announcement?
      Well, I'll tell you what happened: F***ing sly sports and their bullshit rolling news that people sit glued to, wanting to know everything about a situation as soon as it happens.

I'm more than comfortable with them taking their time.
      It's a far better option than rushing a decision.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,331 posts | 4959 
      Reply #157: May 28, 2015 05:04:02 pm

One step closer to Fat Sam then. :o
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #158: May 28, 2015 05:41:28 pm

I think it was bigmick who once said we should erect a statue of Allardyce for taking Carroll AND Downing off our hands ;D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #159: May 28, 2015 05:43:34 pm

Hey, it got WHU into Europe, so fair play to him. :D
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #160: May 28, 2015 05:44:12 pm
      Big Sam seen licking lollipops and holding hands with John Henry in Boston this afternoon....

Quick Reply