Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

The Atmosphere Needs To Increase In The Champions League Now!!!!

Read 1108 times
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      The Atmosphere Needs To Increase In The Champions League Now!!!!
      Oct 29, 2007 05:15:55 pm
      Hi people,

I am extremely dissapointed with our european form of late, we are better than what we are showing! In 2005 our supporters, our fantastic supporters all around the world, carried us to the final, where we won it incredibly! This time we need our support again, im sure you dont need me telling you to create an atmosphere, but I want the people going to the last 3 games to make there voices heard, so that we can give our team that bit more advantage to take us to the knockout stages. Without Liverpool, the tournament would be useless. My cousin who is a Chelsea fan, went to the game against Schalke the other day, and he said every Chelsea fan cheered and laughed when they heard the Besiktas score, natural I guess, but lets ram there cheers and laughs back down their throats.

Let's make sure that these last 2 home games are rocking, absolutely rocking with support for the lads, wether you are an OOT, OOC or local make the atmospheres at home incredible! I am going to try my very best to get to one of the games, most probably the Porto game to do my bit, but as you already know we need an atmosphere like Chelsea 2005, 2007 and Olympiakos 2005.

Let's create that and make the opposition scared to death, like Besiktas did to us at their place, their atmosphere was extremely hostile, although it was unpleasently hostile. Also when we go to Marseille away, let's make our voices heard there too, dont be shy, we need every single ounce of support!

YNWA

Matty T
      « Last Edit: Oct 29, 2007 05:33:01 pm by T-Unit-LFC »
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Re: The Atmosphere Needs To Increase In The Champions League Now!!!!
      Reply #1: Oct 29, 2007 06:52:16 pm
      I admire the sentiments in your post Matty mate but I think it will fall on deaf ears as its highly unlikely that anyone who calls themselves a"supporter" of LFC but then goes to a game and just sits there passively throughout is not realistically ever going to see this forum. I think if you feel passionately enough to come on to the site and post your views no matter how radical they may be you are at least showing a real heart felt feeling for the club so I am sorry to say I think you maybe preaching to the converted.
      We do still have amazing support at away games but at home we seem to be attracting a growing minority of fans who sit there and just expect a 5-0 win every game, they seem to just see it as another date in there entertainment schedule like going to the theatre or the cinema. To our credit I think we are the last of the "big four" to start seeing this trend as Man Utd and Chelsea sold their souls long ago to the "I dont care who sits in the seats its making us money" men, but I do hope the breaks can be applied before any move to a new ground happens, with the creation of a "singing section" at the new Anfield the owners seem to be trying to strike more of a balance between corporate necessity for funding and the teams twelfth man, your normal fans from the street who are and will always be the life blood of the club.

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #2: Oct 30, 2007 10:35:59 am
      I admire the sentiments in your post Matty mate but I think it will fall on deaf ears as its highly unlikely that anyone who calls themselves a"supporter" of LFC but then goes to a game and just sits there passively throughout is not realistically ever going to see this forum. I think if you feel passionately enough to come on to the site and post your views no matter how radical they may be you are at least showing a real heart felt feeling for the club so I am sorry to say I think you maybe preaching to the converted.
      We do still have amazing support at away games but at home we seem to be attracting a growing minority of fans who sit there and just expect a 5-0 win every game, they seem to just see it as another date in there entertainment schedule like going to the theatre or the cinema. To our credit I think we are the last of the "big four" to start seeing this trend as Man Utd and Chelsea sold their souls long ago to the "I dont care who sits in the seats its making us money" men, but I do hope the breaks can be applied before any move to a new ground happens, with the creation of a "singing section" at the new Anfield the owners seem to be trying to strike more of a balance between corporate necessity for funding and the teams twelfth man, your normal fans from the street who are and will always be the life blood of the club.

Great shout mate.

I was at the Marseille and Spurs games and it was embarrassing. Never seen away support out-sing us so badly.

Maybe we need a guy with a mega-phone at the Kop end...!?!
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #3: Oct 30, 2007 05:08:52 pm
      I had a crazy dream last nite, my beloved liverpool didn't qualify for the champs league second stage or the ueafa cup. but we went on to win the league and fa cup. so it turned out quite good in the end.
      would any one sacrifice our league form for the champs league at all? i wudnt.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #4: Oct 30, 2007 06:56:15 pm
      I had a crazy dream last nite, my beloved liverpool didn't qualify for the champs league second stage or the ueafa cup. but we went on to win the league and fa cup. so it turned out quite good in the end.
      would any one sacrifice our league form for the champs league at all? I wudnt.

No ,it's not crazy, its realistic, gonna throw a tenner double on it. Cheers for the tip  Madzz Adzz ;)
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #5: Oct 30, 2007 08:50:35 pm
      if it dont happen dude, dont blame me. but that is a realistic bet tho.

Quick Reply