Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Colin Pascoe sacked

Read 66044 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Re: Colin Pascoe sacked
      Reply #299: Jun 07, 2015 01:20:31 pm
      In sacking Pascoe in particular are they trying to see if they can force Brendan's hand.It seems odd that they have been sacked but no replacements have been lined up. Can you imagine the board of LFC saying to Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley and Ronnie Moran will have to go.
      Something doesnt sit right and letting Mike Marsh go without any compensation looks like Brendan was more than happy to see him leave with absolutely nothing.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #300: Jun 07, 2015 01:20:32 pm
      About time us lot started having a say on transfers I reckon Billy ;)
      It's a sad state of affairs when the supporters know better talent than the club .

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4593 
      Reply #301: Jun 07, 2015 01:23:49 pm
      It's a sad state of affairs when the supporters know better talent than the club .

Aye there is a reason why they call us 'most knowledgeable' supporters yah know ;)

We know our sh*t bruh!.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #302: Jun 07, 2015 01:36:15 pm
      Aye there is a reason why they call us 'most knowledgeable' supporters yah know ;)

We know our sh*t bruh!.
      Maybe they should come on the forums and get the info they need . Oh wait

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #303: Jun 07, 2015 02:07:54 pm
      Excellent news!

Makes the Mike Marsh sacking look less like a sacrificial lamb now I have to admit. Depending who they get in this could be a big step in the right direction, personally I'd love someone like Carragher, as much as his experience in coaching is obviously non-existent his knowledge of the game is immense. He's exactly what we need to sort out our defence and a strong voice who would not be afraid to challenge Brendan.

Carra with Hyppia behind him, could we dream of such a combination?

Could we have Henchoz as well to hand-ball it off the line as well :)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #304: Jun 07, 2015 02:17:05 pm
      Yes I do disagree.

What has changed is the mindsets of almost everybody involved in football. Owners, managers, players, fans. Football, as a game, has not changed. It's still 11 against 11. The aim is still to score more than your opponent. The goal is the same size. The pitch is the same size. And Liverpool Football Club is still the biggest club in the world.

I cannot believe the over simplicity of this.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #305: Jun 07, 2015 02:25:44 pm
      About time us lot started having a say on transfers I reckon Billy ;)

I thought we did mate. Didn't we all want Balotelli last summer? ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #306: Jun 07, 2015 02:26:06 pm
      I cannot believe the over simplicity of this.

Football is a simple game.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #307: Jun 07, 2015 02:34:11 pm

That is is Bill.

I think it's partly where Brendan went wrong at times last season. Trying yo be too clever or even trying to make a point.

When things got bad he could have went back to basics. Play strikers up front. Play midfielders in midfield and at one or two of the right backs at right back.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 895 
      Reply #308: Jun 07, 2015 02:34:21 pm
      here is a question for you guys. My experience is that when a manager takeover a team, they bring their own backroom staff. Specially the second hand man. So if FSG hire backroom staff and BR doesnt agree with it and eventually BR gives up and leave (i hope he doesnt, i support BR)

Then a new manager get offered the LFC job, do you guys think FSG are going to force the backroom staff they hired on the new manager? Because i cant see a top manager like Klopp accepting then.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #309: Jun 07, 2015 02:36:20 pm
      here is a question for you guys. My experience is that when a manager takeover a team, they bring their own backroom staff. Specially the second hand man. So if FSG hire backroom staff and BR doesnt agree with it and eventually BR gives up and leave (i hope he doesnt, i support BR)

Then a new manager get offered the LFC job, do you guys think FSG are going to force the backroom staff they hired on the new manager? Because i cant see a top manager like Klopp accepting then.

Most managers have their own team and generally come as a package and normally when a number two or coach leaves its because of a breakdown with the manager or the manager feels they need to change.

I'm not sure it happens often when the managers backroom team are taken from him by owners.
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2015 03:12:36 pm by srslfc »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #310: Jun 07, 2015 02:40:44 pm
      That is is Bill.

I think it's partly where Brendan went wrong at times last season. Trying yo be too clever or even trying to make a point.

When things got bad he could have went back to basics. Play strikers up front. Play midfielders in midfield and at one or two of the right backs at right back.

That is a criticism I've had of Rodgers since the day he joined mate. He's tried to fit players into positions they're not comfortable. From very early on Downing was shifted to left back, Adam Morgan (a lad who scored goals for fun up front in the reserves) was shifted out to the wings, Sahin didn't know what position he was playing. Markovic and Can this year have been played out of position constantly. Ibe is being transformed into a wing back when he's an out and out winger. Borini, who I thought was bought as a forward, has been played as a winger.

Now you will get the odd example where that works, Ray Kennedy being signed as a forward turning into a left sided midfielder. Dirk Kuyt signed as a forward, turned into a right winger. Jamie Carragher starting out a central midfielder being moved to defence. But trying it constantly will result in players performing badly and in-turn we won't win as many as we should.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #311: Jun 07, 2015 03:09:21 pm
      That is a criticism I've had of Rodgers since the day he joined mate. He's tried to fit players into positions they're not comfortable. From very early on Downing was shifted to left back, Adam Morgan (a lad who scored goals for fun up front in the reserves) was shifted out to the wings, Sahin didn't know what position he was playing. Markovic and Can this year have been played out of position constantly. Ibe is being transformed into a wing back when he's an out and out winger. Borini, who I thought was bought as a forward, has been played as a winger.

Now you will get the odd example where that works, Ray Kennedy being signed as a forward turning into a left sided midfielder. Dirk Kuyt signed as a forward, turned into a right winger. Jamie Carragher starting out a central midfielder being moved to defence. But trying it constantly will result in players performing badly and in-turn we won't win as many as we should.

I can understand shifting players about, into uncomfortable positions, up to a point and a certain age.  It's good for their development as players, beyond a certain age, unless the player is versatile and good enough, it is pointless.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #312: Jun 07, 2015 03:46:10 pm
      Most managers have their own team and generally come as a package and normally when a number two or coach leaves its because of a breakdown with the manager or the manager feels they need to change.

I'm not sure it happens often when the managers backroom team are taken from him by owners.

Would any manager in the top flight be prepared to work under the conditions BR operates under?

A transfer committee of very dubious qualification and owners who know absolutely F**k all about soccer yet impose regulation on the manager.
      The fact that BR is willing to do his job in the face of such constraints is the reason he is still in situ.
      I support the manager in the light of these issues but dread to think of who FSG would bring in if he left.

The nightmare Roy Hodgson tenure instantly comes to mind.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4593 
      Reply #313: Jun 07, 2015 04:05:29 pm
      Would any manager in the top flight be prepared to work under the conditions BR operates under?

A transfer committee of very dubious qualification and owners who know absolutely f**k all about soccer yet impose regulation on the manager.
      The fact that BR is willing to do his job in the face of such constraints is the reason he is still in situ.
      I support the manager in the light of these issues but dread to think of who FSG would bring in if he left.

The nightmare Roy Hodgson tenure instantly comes to mind.

Rodgers had a choice, he chose to work with the TC & the conditions in place or that came with it,he still continues to work under such conditions even after having his most trusted man sacked.

It's Rodgers choice to continue or not with the current regime.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #314: Jun 07, 2015 04:10:18 pm
      Rodgers had a choice, he chose to work with the TC & the conditions in place or that came with it,he still continues to work under such conditions even after having his most trusted man sacked.

It's Rodgers choice to continue or not with the current regime.

I will reiterate, the is prepared to work under such constraints and that is why he is still in situ.
      BR had the choice either work under a DoF or TC.
      He was given no alternative.

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #315: Jun 07, 2015 04:15:54 pm
      i remember his first news conference when Werner was there , Rodgers said he wouldn't work with a Dof and seemed in control about it with the way Werner looked over at him . At the time i thought to myself fair play for to him .

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #316: Jun 07, 2015 04:22:15 pm
      BR had the choice either work under a DoF or TC.
      He was given no alternative.

I'm not sure there is an 'alternative' Stuey.

The transfer committee is just a name give to the group of people most clubs, broadly speaking use to recruit players.

A DoF is the other system so if Brendan didn't want a DoF then by default the other system he would have to work under.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #317: Jun 07, 2015 04:55:22 pm
      I said they were similar, not the same.  I, for one, was sure you, of all posters, would be able to distinguish that, without pedantry.
      Jeez 'berry, I didn't mean to upset you.  :-\

I asked a simple question - "Are you saying that 'The Committee' isn't comparable to 'the boot room'?" You answered: "I said they were similar".

I do recall you saying - "Can't see all the fuss really, the commitee (sic) is analagous (sic) with the bootroom". You wrote that (a month and a bit ago) in response to people who were questioning 'The Committee', it's role and the people in it. So, whether you prefer to use 'analogous', 'similar', 'akin' or 'comparable' it's genuinely immaterial to me.

Back then you couldn't see what the fuss what about.

The thing is: you now reckon - "Rodgers does need help, he needs the right coaches around him.  A support group around him, you could almost say he needs something akin to a boot room.".

I'm glad you can now see what all the fuss was about back then: that's all.  :gt-happyup:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #318: Jun 07, 2015 05:03:26 pm
      Jeez 'berry, I didn't mean to upset you.  :-\

I asked a simple question - "Are you saying that 'The Committee' isn't comparable to 'the boot room'?" You answered: "I said they were similar".

I do recall you saying - "Can't see all the fuss really, the commitee (sic) is analagous (sic) with the bootroom". You wrote that (a month and a bit ago) in response to people who were questioning 'The Committee', it's role and the people in it. So, whether you prefer to use 'analogous', 'similar', 'akin' or 'comparable' it's genuinely immaterial to me.

Back then you couldn't see what the fuss what about.

The thing is: you now reckon - "Rodgers does need help, he needs the right coaches around him.  A support group around him, you could almost say he needs something akin to a boot room.".

I'm glad you can now see what all the fuss was about back then: that's all.  :gt-happyup:

Not upset at all, though do seem to use this approach a lot. It's just, at one time, I thought better of you.  Seems that was a mistake, even specifically avoided some topics to avoid your pedantry, but you carry on, just find someone else to play your games with. 

And for clarification, I said the boot room was similar, when dealing with transfers, to the committee.  As for wanting better coaches, separate issue and another facet of what the bootroom used to be. 

And again, let me reiterate, not upset at all, a little bored by your psych 101 style postings, but hey, you can't like everyone, can you?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #319: Jun 07, 2015 05:10:48 pm
      Perhaps he's identifying a difference. A small coach would stay, a top manager would quit.
      [apart from the fact the lad is a troll] Isn't that the point?

If he believes 1: That "a top manager would quit" and 2: Brendan isn't a top manager.

Then why, in the name of sweet F**k, would he say Brendan should quit because that's what top managers do?  :dunce2:

« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2015 05:41:39 pm by bad boy bubby »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #320: Jun 07, 2015 05:18:24 pm
      And again, let me reiterate, not upset at all
      Of course you're not 'berry; I can see that.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #321: Jun 07, 2015 05:37:00 pm
      Still not a word from any of them. No fond farewell's thanks for the memories nothing. Not like Brendan to be shy of keeping the media entertained.

Quick Reply