Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Danny Ings (Liverpool -> Southampton)

Read 120643 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Danny Ings Player Thread
      Reply #575: Nov 02, 2016 04:48:01 pm
      Terrible news for him and the coaching team who managed him so carefully from the summer onwards. He'll bounce back. Look at Flanno and his determination to get back up and running after nearly two years out. I have no doubt Ings will find the same determination.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #576: Nov 02, 2016 05:00:46 pm
      Wrong place to put it and insensitive but Charlie Austin was right under our nose .

I'd take Ings over Austin every day of the week.

You can't factor in injuries.

The only hope is that he can actually recover, some knee injuries are career enders.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #577: Nov 02, 2016 05:29:49 pm
      I'd take Ings over Austin every day of the week.

You can't factor in injuries.

The only hope is that he can actually recover, some knee injuries are career enders.

Of course you can factor in injuries and you should, some players for whatever reason are just more injury prone than others and it seems that Ings falls into that category.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #578: Nov 02, 2016 06:41:31 pm
      Don't feel to bad for him, he has been and will continue to earn a very healthy weekly wage whilst doing sod all work, no fault of his of course but its not like he's just been made redundant, wife run out on him with best mate and home been repossessed all on the same day.

F**k the money argument. I'm human, he's human and this injury is ruining his dream as of right now. I feel bad for anybody that suffers an injury that keeps them from doing their job or the thing they love.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #579: Nov 02, 2016 06:52:29 pm
      Get to F**k all those posting about him being on a cushy number doing F**k all and get off his back, we had enough of that sh*te when Studge was perma injured. 

He'll be gutted to have been so close to being back in contention and having it snatched away from him by some spud thug in his first game back.

Keep your pecker up Danny lad and get well soon.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #580: Nov 02, 2016 07:10:38 pm
      Gutted for the lad. I do believe that's the end of his Liverpool career.
       When He comes back it'll be likely that Jürgen will have planned for life without him.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #581: Nov 02, 2016 11:09:47 pm
      'Shakes head' poor Danny, the lad must be absolutely gutted, hopefully he can yet again bounce back and be all the better for it next season, keep ya chin up hun  8)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #582: Nov 03, 2016 08:12:52 am
      Don't feel to bad for him, he has been and will continue to earn a very healthy weekly wage whilst doing sod all work, no fault of his of course but its not like he's just been made redundant, wife run out on him with best mate and home been repossessed all on the same day.

What the F**k is wrong with you,  ran out of pants to sniff? 
      You insensitive kunt,

The lad is devastated and you come out with that sh*te,  have a look at how hard he has worked since given his dream move from Burnley,getting in to the first team,  then suffering the ACL,  he's battled back from that and got stuck in,  got his head down,  didn't whinge didn't moan,  just worked harder,  and now this,  I'm betting if he was on a million a week he'd still be gutted,  he'd still want to get back,  and he will,  he's still only 24,  young enough to make a full recovery,

So get off his back you callous pr**k and have some heart.

YNWA
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,165 posts | 264 
      Reply #583: Nov 03, 2016 08:29:39 am
      :mad:
      anyway, come back stronger, and speedy recovery Danny.
      YNWA
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #584: Nov 03, 2016 08:31:36 am
      Really feel for Danny. He seems to fit the mould of a Klopp player. This next 12 months could really make or break his career.

I was surprised that he never got a look in this season, especially in the league cup, and with Sturridge being out of sorts (although ironically, not in the league cup!)!

For those talking about his wages, while they may soften the blow, and I am sure we would all love that money, do t forget the sacrifice the lad would have made from a very young age to be at the very top of his game. He wants to play football or he would never have bothered, and besides all that he's a red and should get our full support and best wishes!
      « Last Edit: Nov 03, 2016 08:45:17 am by JedtheRed »
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #585: Nov 03, 2016 09:29:53 am
      Was having a look at his injury history before.

He has now done his knees in four times to varying severities, twice on each knee.

That doesn't bode well for the future  :-\
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6968 
      Reply #586: Nov 03, 2016 11:51:54 am
      Was having a look at his injury history before.

He has now done his knees in four times to varying severities, twice on each knee.

That doesn't bode well for the future

Was it a cruciate per knee and a cartilage per knee.  If you have four lengthy injuries to your knees before your 24 it will definitely affect you - physically and mentally.

friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #587: Nov 03, 2016 12:57:24 pm
      Was it a cruciate per knee and a cartilage per knee.  If you have four lengthy injuries to your knees before your 24 it will definitely affect you - physically and mentally.

I think so, it says on Wikipedia that in 2012 he injured his cartilage in in the opposite knee to the one he'd injured the season before so that suggest two cartilage injuries.

He then did his ACL with us last year and I don't think it's confirmed what he's done this time but it's serious enough to keep him out for 9 months.

That's a big ask for any player to come back as strong as they once were, especially one that relies on pace and power.

It doesn't look good for the lad!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4593 
      Reply #588: Nov 03, 2016 01:01:08 pm
      Does the tribunal fee reflect the extent of damage to the knees of Danny?..
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #589: Nov 03, 2016 01:18:24 pm
      Does the tribunal fee reflect the extent of damage to the knees of Danny?..

I found this...

Once assembled, the PFCC has a set list of factors to consider, mostly involving costs. First of all the status of the two clubs (transferor and transferee) is taken into account, then the age of the player. The terms on which the player was engaged by the transferor are examined, as is the amount of any fee paid upon registration, and the length of time the player was at the club.

The terms of the new contracts offered to the player by each club are considered, then the player’s playing record is looked at, in terms of first-team appearances and international call-ups. Finally, interest shown by any other clubs is taken into account. This could have a bearing on the Ings case, since Tottenham are understood to have been willing to pay £12m for the player. If that interest can be substantiated (the rulebook’s word), Liverpool might have to pay a higher sum.

The PFCC would not necessarily accept Spurs’ valuation and deem Ings worth £12m, though it might take the view that an offer of £6m is a little on the low side. PFCC deliberations are not about people setting themselves up as valuation experts and plucking figures from the air; as far as possible they attempt to reach a decision by a logical and attributable process using precedents and all available information. The hearing will require each club to provide evidence to support their valuation of the player, and will endeavour to set the level of compensation according to each case’s merits.

From: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/10/transfer-tribunal-danny-ings-liverpool-burnley

It seems the only thing not taken into account is the player's injury history which seems bizarre. I know it mentions the amount of games played but missed games and injuries don't always go hand in hand.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4593 
      Reply #590: Nov 03, 2016 01:21:54 pm
      I found this...

It seems the only thing not taken into account is the player's injury history which seems bizarre. I know it mentions the amount of games played but missed games and injuries don't always go hand in hand.

Thanks mate.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #591: Nov 03, 2016 01:23:34 pm
      It seems the only thing not taken into account is the player's injury history which seems bizarre.

I guess it's presumed that the buying clubs medical staff would find any injuries that could pose a future risk to the player and if they still choose to make the purchase then that's up to them?

I guess our medical staff will have given his knees a good testing but who knows.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,315 posts | 769 
      Reply #592: Nov 03, 2016 06:54:17 pm
      Bad news for the lad & the team in general. A very competitive player, when fit.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,048 posts | 539 
      Reply #593: Nov 03, 2016 08:17:25 pm
      Poor guy. Hopefully he comes back ok.
      Was it a result of that dirty tackle by that wee Spurs tw*t?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #594: Nov 03, 2016 08:56:07 pm
      What the f**k is wrong with you,  ran out of pants to sniff? 
      You insensitive kunt,

The lad is devastated and you come out with that sh*te,  have a look at how hard he has worked since given his dream move from Burnley,getting in to the first team,  then suffering the ACL,  he's battled back from that and got stuck in,  got his head down,  didn't whinge didn't moan,  just worked harder,  and now this,  I'm betting if he was on a million a week he'd still be gutted,  he'd still want to get back,  and he will,  he's still only 24,  young enough to make a full recovery,

So get off his back you callous pr**k and have some heart.

YNWA

I did actually say that I feel bad for him on a personal level, sorry if I upset anyone, was just being pragmatic.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #595: Nov 03, 2016 09:53:41 pm
      Bad news for the guy! He's a good player, not ever going to be world class by any stretch of the imagination but he's a good player to have, could have a lot of impact but I really can't see him having a career with us to be honest. He was quite heavily involved throughout the summer but has spent the season so far with the U23's virtually and now this injury. When I think of him as a player for us, if I'm honest I forgot about him this season and don't think we've missed him.
      But at the same time, as the season goes on, hopefully we have good cup runs too, he's a player I would like to see stick around and add good depth to the team. His season is over now so hopefully this is the case next season, hopefully with Europe too.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #596: Nov 04, 2016 06:35:54 pm
      You have to feel for the lad.
      Hopefully he can come back from this, but another long term injury isn't doing his prospects here any good.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #597: Nov 04, 2016 08:44:02 pm
      You have to feel for the lad.
      Hopefully he can come back from this, but another long term injury isn't doing his prospects here any good.

Or his career in general given the type of player he is. Knee injuries like he suffered can make a player never return the same, so to do it twice, he's going to be very lucky if he gets back to how he was.

Quick Reply