Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 5th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W9 D6 L6

Mario Balotelli (Sampdoria / AC Milan)

Read 40208 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Mario Balotelli (Sampdoria / AC Milan)
      Jun 16, 2015 11:49:59 am
      08:46
      BALOTELLI SET FOR ITALY RETURN

Mario Balotelli could be set for a quick return to Italy, with Sampdoria leading the chase to sign the Liverpool striker, report Corriere dello Sport.

The Liverpool striker has been disappointing since his £16million switch from AC Milan last summer, scoring just once in the Premier League for the Reds so far.

Sampdoira are reportedly keen to take the 24-year-old on loan, and are prepared to split his wage bill with Liverpool.

Yes, I bet they are! Hate the attitude of these Italian clubs when it comes to loaning players.
      « Last Edit: Aug 25, 2015 10:35:39 am by JD »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Mario Balotelli (Sampdoria)
      Reply #1: Jun 16, 2015 12:09:11 pm

Mario Balotelli could be set for a quick return to Italy, with Sampdoria leading the chase to sign the Liverpool striker, report Corriere dello Sport.

The Liverpool striker has been disappointing since his £16million switch from AC Milan last summer, scoring just once in the Premier League for the Reds so far.

Sampdoira are reportedly keen to take the 24-year-old on loan, and are prepared to split his wage bill with Liverpool.

Yes, I bet they are! Hate the attitude of these Italian clubs when it comes to loaning players.

Yeah not only will they split the wages but they'll also pay only what we're paying in wages as a fee.

For instance if he's on £4m a year now over 4 years they'll pay £8m but get £8m in wages subsidised effectively making the transfer 'free' for them over the length of the contract.

Can't stand Italian clubs, always feels like we get shafted by them.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2: Jun 16, 2015 02:18:57 pm
      No. No loans to Italian clubs. They are dodgy as F**k.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,565 posts | 1799 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3: Jun 16, 2015 02:27:35 pm
      going going ........................ ........................ ..
      Gone ???

;D
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #4: Jun 16, 2015 04:31:10 pm
      BS! why on gods earth would we pay him half his wages just to leave the club! i would rather pay his full wage and use his experiance and abilities to come off the bench or maybe in Europa and cup games to rest the fragile Sturridge. if we cant sell him on i cant see us agreeing to just fork out half his wage just to get rid makes no sense.

if we cant sell or get a loan where his full wage demands are met then i think we start trying to actually use him in a front partniship with Sturridge or Ings or whoever we hopefully get in.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5: Jun 16, 2015 04:32:07 pm
      They can have Borini instead.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #6: Jun 16, 2015 04:57:22 pm

Surely you're not suggesting....:

Ayre: "Here you go, guys, mamma mia, it's-a Balotelli, see you later"

*Dumps Borini in front of Sampdoria's ground and races off on his Harley*
      LFCexiled
      Reply #7: Jun 16, 2015 05:02:49 pm
      BS! why on gods earth would we pay him half his wages just to leave the club! i would rather pay his full wage and use his experiance and abilities to come off the bench or maybe in Europa and cup games to rest the fragile Sturridge. if we cant sell him on i cant see us agreeing to just fork out half his wage just to get rid makes no sense.

if we cant sell or get a loan where his full wage demands are met then i think we start trying to actually use him in a front partniship with Sturridge or Ings or whoever we hopefully get in.

Better to pay half his wages for him to do nothing useful than all his wages for him to do nothing useful.

Unless 'useful' is wearing pre-match bling, getting a new haircut the day before a match, tweeting and posting nonsensical pictures on instagram.

I actually think we'll be doing well just having to pay half the lads wages.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #8: Jun 16, 2015 11:57:34 pm
      Keep him. I personally am willing to give him another chance, i think there is more in him as a player than Lambert or Borini, lets see what he can do in a front two.
      MrRedYNWA
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #9: Jun 17, 2015 12:12:00 am

Mario Balotelli could be set for a quick return to Italy, with Sampdoria leading the chase to sign the Liverpool striker, report Corriere

me myself I dont see why everyone is so tore up bout ballotelli he never had a chance yeah he didnt score many but hey noone in his position did any better he always worked hard I think if we could get better ball distribution that he would shine keep him cause he didnt hurt our team at all if thats the case dismiss the whole team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      MrRedYNWA
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #10: Jun 17, 2015 12:15:12 am
      I agree he wasnt put in the right position ever and yes the front two he would excel
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,033 posts | 534 
      Reply #11: Jun 17, 2015 10:31:56 am
      So we pay him to play for Sampdoria? No thanks.

Keep him. He still might work out for us. I wouldn't bet my house on it, but he might.

Balotelli could still become a great striker.
      I think it was the semi final against Villa where he came on and had half a dozen just completely exquisite touches in  about 15 minutes. Not flashy, just lovely little touches that only a real talent can make look so easy.
      His mentality obviously is the question, but I wouldnt sell unless we get decent money. (Ideally, I wouldnt sell him at all.)
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #12: Jun 17, 2015 10:40:17 am
      I think on the very few occasions we played with two strikers last season he looked alright... Hopefully we'll be playing two up next season and he'll look better. Rather keep him than pay for someone else to have him. He can score goals...
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,565 posts | 1799 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #13: Jun 17, 2015 11:35:52 am
      Nah. Don't care what the deal is, just get him tae F#@k
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #14: Jun 17, 2015 11:45:20 am
      So we pay him to play for Sampdoria? No thanks.

Keep him. He still might work out for us. I wouldn't bet my house on it, but he might.

Balotelli could still become a great striker.
      I think it was the semi final against Villa where he came on and had half a dozen just completely exquisite touches in  about 15 minutes. Not flashy, just lovely little touches that only a real talent can make look so easy.
      His mentality obviously is the question, but I wouldnt sell unless we get decent money. (Ideally, I wouldnt sell him at all.)

Sorry to pick out just one part mate, but I pretty much agree with the rest.
      I think the problem is that the lad is a bit thick, and has trouble following instructions.

I wouldn't be sorry to see him go, but if he ever manages to bed in here, he could do a decent job up front.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #15: Jun 17, 2015 11:57:28 am
      Letting him out on loan makes no sense whatsoever, and his agent said he'll never take him back to Italy. I kinda feel he'll stay put and we'll let go Origi on loan, may be to Swansea/Stoke/Palace

But why would we retain Mario if we're getting Benteke??  :-\
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16: Jun 17, 2015 12:04:07 pm
      Letting him out on loan makes no sense whatsoever, and his agent said he'll never take him back to Italy. I kinda feel he'll stay put and we'll let go Origi on loan, may be to Swansea/Stoke/Palace

But why would we retain Mario if we're getting Benteke??  :-\

That makes even less sense mate.  Why keep Balo who is neither good enough nor fits in with how we play, yet let a lad go out on loan who does fit and therefore will probably be more successful?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,283 posts | 4938 
      Reply #17: Jun 17, 2015 12:07:45 pm
      Can't stand Italian clubs, always feels like we get shafted by them.

If we're there to be shafted Luke I can't blame the Italians for shafting us.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #18: Jun 17, 2015 12:09:58 pm
      That makes even less sense mate.  Why keep Balo who is neither good enough nor fits in with how we play, yet let a lad go out on loan who does fit and therefore will probably be more successful?

Yeaaaahhh... There is this deep desire within all of us that Mario might come good next season. Long shot though!

Just confused about our committee's plans for the striking options. Think they're equally clueless..
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #19: Jun 17, 2015 12:23:04 pm
      Typical Italian clubs' demands

I never understood these loans , when you loan a player and YOU keep paying him full or half pay
      he is giving his services (good or bad whatever they would be ) to a club who should pay him his wages
       where the chavs paying moses's part of his salary when he came here on loan? , or did we pay Wisdom's wage when he was out  on loan
      I would rather keep balo here if we are still paying him a big part of his salary , ,,how much will Liverpool save if this loan deal  goes through, £3 ?
      YNWA

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20: Jun 17, 2015 12:23:10 pm
      Yeaaaahhh... There is this deep desire within all of us that Mario might come good next season. Long shot though!

Just confused about our committee's plans for the striking options. Think they're equally clueless..

He could if he had the desire and the intelligence to do so mate but the main problem for Balo is that for the first time in his career he's having to think about what he's supposed to be doing and it's confusing the life and the talent out of him.

I genuinely don't think he'll ever play for us if he stays, so why keep him.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #21: Jun 17, 2015 12:27:57 pm
      He could if he had the desire and the intelligence to do so mate but the main problem for Balo is that for the first time in his career he's having to think about what he's supposed to be doing and it's confusing the life and the talent out of him.

I genuinely don't think he'll ever play for us if he stays, so why keep him.

Remember his winner against spurs Debs? That was quality. Surely he can improve and become more consistent?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #22: Jun 17, 2015 12:43:07 pm
      Remember his winner against spurs Debs? That was quality. Surely he can improve and become more consistent?

I don't think his game has improved since he became a regular senior player and apart from the season before we got him he's never been a prolific goalscorer.  He scores the spectacular sometimes, that's how he made him name as a teenager but his all round game is no different to when he was a 15/16 year old. 

So no, I don't think he can improve even though he might score a few more.

Quick Reply