Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 384079 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)
      Reply #2967: Jul 28, 2022 10:48:53 am
      Thought he was brilliant yesterday
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2968: Jul 28, 2022 11:39:49 am
      Big few weeks coming up for Bobby. With Jota injured and Nunez still settling in, he'll be starting the next few weeks so he has a real chance to stake his claim and potentially get back into the Brazil squad. If he doesn't take it he will probably be an off the bench/cup game option until he leaves on a free next summer.

Depends if these Juve rumours are correct. :(

Id be surprised if they are true, but you never know, perhaps the chance to be 1st choice again and then push for Brazil spot is on his mind.

Salah, jota & diaz probably our 1st choice front 3 just now, and then nunez will start to play play more as season goes on.
      Bobbi could be 5th choice now. :(

Id love to see Bobbi play behind the front 3 more, but then that means only 2 spots in MF for hendo, fab, thiago, Naby etc.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #2969: Jul 28, 2022 12:08:11 pm
      Would hate to see Bobby go anywhere but as he falls further down the pecking order his own priorities come to fore, the manager of course will have command of the whole situation and his word is final
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2970: Jul 28, 2022 12:16:29 pm
      Would hate to see Bobby go anywhere but as he falls further down the pecking order his own priorities come to fore, the manager of course will have command of the whole situation and his word is final

Indeed. Dont think klopp would hold him back if he really wants to go to secure more playing time.

Very sad if he does go, end of an era :(

7 years of Bobbi, id love another few.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2971: Jul 28, 2022 02:52:29 pm
      Liverpool say 'no' to Firmino offer
      Liverpool have reportedly turned down Juventus' €22.5m offer for Roberto Firmino.

Reports from Italy yesterday afternoon suggested the Serie A giants were 'very close' to recruiting the Reds' forward after tabling a transfer bid.

The same publication, Corriere dello Sport, have now issued another update on the situation and have claimed Jürgen Klopp's side 'said no' to Juve's bid. The report adds that the club's search for a striker will go on, with Timo Werner an 'idea' and Alvaro Morata also being considered.

GOOD !!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #2972: Jul 28, 2022 05:08:56 pm
      Juve are famous arl arses in the transfer game, they thought Klopp was eager to get shut and come in with a ridiculous offer for an international who is still at the top of his game!
      F**k them right off and wait for an offer fitting Bobby's status, better still keep the lad!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Reply #2973: Jul 28, 2022 05:21:57 pm
      In my opinion Bobby is still of invaluable importance to us. In a season that saw him sideline quite a few times through injuries, he still managed to score 11 goals and assist another 5 on top of probably being directly involved in a lot more.

We do not have anybody who plays central that has his combination of flair, strength on the ball and small space vision. It makes absolutely no sense to sell Bobby and I would go as far as to say that depending on the season he's giving us, I'd even extend try and extend him for a year.

Even if we were to completely change the way we play and rely on a more traditional form of number 9s then I would still keep Bobby. Not a lot of teams have the luxury of having this type of player in the squad, much less on their bench with 20 minutes to go in a game you need to win. Juventus can go look elsewhere.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #2974: Jul 28, 2022 05:31:39 pm
      In my opinion Bobby is still of invaluable importance to us. In a season that saw him sideline quite a few times through injuries, he still managed to score 11 goals and assist another 5 on top of probably being directly involved in a lot more.

We do not have anybody who plays central that has his combination of flair, strength on the ball and small space vision. It makes absolutely no sense to sell Bobby and I would go as far as to say that depending on the season he's giving us, I'd even extend try and extend him for a year.

Even if we were to completely change the way we play and rely on a more traditional form of number 9s then I would still keep Bobby. Not a lot of teams have the luxury of having this type of player in the squad, much less on their bench with 20 minutes to go in a game you need to win. Juventus can go look elsewhere.

Echoes my thoughts completely. Keep him, even if it means he goes for nothing next summer. We dont know how Nunez will work and Jota is quite injury prone. The thought of Mane and Bobby going in the summer is not palatable for me. Plus, if he is fit and on form he is still a contender to start our biggest games.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 303 
      Reply #2975: Jul 28, 2022 05:33:27 pm

Agree with all of this.

I'd only add that we need to be aware of what Bobby wants to do. If he wants to go to Juve we will need to accept it and take the money. He's given a lot to the team and I don't think we are a club that tries to force unhappy players to stay.
      If he's happy to stay Juve can do one, maybe they can buy Ronaldo back from United.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2976: Jul 28, 2022 05:33:59 pm
      Total games / goals / assists: 327 / 98 / 67

165 Goal Involvements.

Superb.

I wonder how many goals where started by one of his tricks or cheeky passes though.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #2977: Jul 28, 2022 06:29:16 pm
      “Bobby is crucial for us, the heart and soul of this team, the way we played in the last years was only possible because of Bobby,” said the Liverpool manager. “That’s why I’m really happy he was able to train for the majority of the time here in pre-season so far. Everything looks really good so I am absolutely fine. There is no doubt about Bobby’s quality. All the rest we will see how this year goes but he is essential for us.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jul/28/roberto-firmino-is-the-heart-and-soul-of-liverpool-says-Jürgen-klopp

That'll do for me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #2978: Jul 28, 2022 07:54:32 pm
      Bob's not going anywhere. No way in hell we allow two of the three amigos to walk in the same summer.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2979: Jul 28, 2022 08:11:37 pm
      Only reason could see Firmno want to move if  it would help his chances get back into the Brazil squad before the World Cup.

That being said I think he will be given the opportunity at the start of the season to be main guy through the middle as we integrate Nunez into the side. I think the motivation of playing well to get back into the Brazil is why I expect him to come out firing early.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #2980: Jul 28, 2022 09:35:23 pm
      Corriere dello sport saying juve are in advanced negotiations and close to a deal. I'm not having it. No way we sell ... especially after what Jürgen said today.

If it went through its nothing more than books balancing and cutting wages.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #2981: Jul 28, 2022 10:41:10 pm
      We have Diaz, Jota, Nunez, Salah, Elliott and Carvalho to play as offense. That is deep. In fact Bobby could slow down Elliott‘s and Carvalho‘s development. Bobby just looks old. He has become more like Origi - a mascot, a legend, but not a serious part of our machinery.

While I am all in for keeping him, alone for sentimental reasons, I would not deny him a move if the money is right and he really wants it.

Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #2982: Jul 29, 2022 07:41:36 am
      We have Diaz, Jota, Nunez, Salah, Elliott and Carvalho to play as offense. That is deep. In fact Bobby could slow down Elliott‘s and Carvalho‘s development. Bobby just looks old. He has become more like Origi - a mascot, a legend, but not a serious part of our machinery.

While I am all in for keeping him, alone for sentimental reasons, I would not deny him a move if the money is right and he really wants it.

Jota is injured and won't be back for quite some time  ... that's from Jürgen.

Nunez has nowhere near settled yet.

Cavalho and Elliot are kids with a ways to go.

Diaz has had half a season here.

Selling Firmino now and not replacing him would be lunacy.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #2983: Jul 29, 2022 09:47:53 am
      According to reports Jürgen Klopp has played down suggestions that Firmino could leave after being linked with Juventus and Newcastle.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2984: Jul 30, 2022 01:21:30 am
      He ain't going F***ing nowhere!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2985: Jul 30, 2022 07:51:48 am

Seriously question for a change, you not think he’s past his best?
      Harrisimo

• 8,395 posts | 1423 
      Reply #2986: Jul 30, 2022 11:08:52 am
      Seriously question for a change, you not think he’s past his best?

Not really a question of "his best". He's still a valued player and his experience is still needed. He can play accros or just off the front 3. Can be just as vital coming off the bench. As you know the game is very often about peaks and troughs and plenty of top players maintain a high standard right through to the end of their time at top clubs.

Keep unless a really silly offer comes in.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2987: Jul 30, 2022 11:32:49 am
      Not really a question of "his best". He's still a valued player and his experience is still needed. He can play accros or just off the front 3. Can be just as vital coming off the bench. As you know the game is very often about peaks and troughs and plenty of top players maintain a high standard right through to the end of their time at top clubs.

Keep unless a really silly offer comes in.

It’s a genuine question though within itself. Is he passed his best regardless of what he has to offer or bring to the table.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,451 posts | 8657 
      Reply #2988: Jul 30, 2022 11:39:16 am
      It’s a genuine question though within itself. Is he passed his best regardless of what he has to offer or bring to the table.

Ask Klopp?

He's the only to decide when Bobby leaves!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2989: Jul 30, 2022 12:13:31 pm
      Ask Klopp?

He's the only to decide when Bobby leaves!!

You pass the buck lad  :lmao:

Quick Reply