Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 386970 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #575: Jan 14, 2016 10:11:02 pm
      Firmino Vs Arsenal 9every touch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0d-2y6rgws

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #576: Jan 14, 2016 10:12:23 pm
      I've liked this man from the start , he has what it takes and gives it 100% . the two goals last night and the one that hit the bar were fantastic . It took great skill for them and loves the game .
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 970 
      Reply #577: Jan 15, 2016 02:14:46 am
      Kudos to Firmino!!  I was beginning to lose patience and faith that he was going to come good for us.  Granted this is only 1 game, but he certainly showed he has the ability.  He just needs to start performing like that on a consistent basis and we'll have a real star on our hands!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #578: Jan 15, 2016 03:51:09 am
      His goals were brilliant but anyone know how many kilometres he ran? He was defending at both fullback positions throughout the night.

Complete performance from him. Looked promising each time he touched it and his finishes were excellent. So cruel to hit the crossbar near the end of the first half for his hat trick, too.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #579: Jan 17, 2016 12:59:40 am
      I think he is a very good centre foward.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #580: Jan 17, 2016 01:26:07 am

He's certainly done better there than Benteke.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #581: Jan 17, 2016 04:57:32 am
      Shows the difference between Jürgen and Brendan.

He can play out wide but he's a second striker. He always has been since i saw him at Hoffenheim. He was brilliant in that position.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #582: Jan 17, 2016 11:30:25 pm
      Bobby was the only positive of that game.

Keep it up lad.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #583: Jan 18, 2016 10:35:52 pm

Doesn't threaten anywhere near enough to be playing there every week. If he wants to play every week in a functioning Liverpool team, it'll have to be as a second striker or in a strike partnership.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #584: Jan 18, 2016 10:37:55 pm

Doesn't threaten anywhere near enough to be playing there every week. If he wants to play every week in a functioning Liverpool team, it'll have to be as a second striker or in a strike partnership.

Harsh.

I thought he played very well yesterday again and seems to be getting more settled by the week.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #585: Jan 18, 2016 10:39:05 pm

As I said the other day, if he didn't have to do the job of 5 people then he would be a bigger threat. The incompetent ones (I was going to say worse) around him can't do their own jobs properly though.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #586: Jan 18, 2016 10:56:14 pm
      Harsh.

I thought he played very well yesterday again and seems to be getting more settled by the week.

I like him as a player and I definitely think he has a future at Liverpool, I just think if his future is as a striker, we're fu**ed. He has played well the past couple of games. Get him as a second striker behind someone mobile like Sturridge, Origi, or Ings, and I think we'll see him flourish.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #587: Jan 18, 2016 10:57:49 pm
      I like him as a player and I definitely think he has a future at Liverpool, I just think if his future is as a striker, we're fu**ed. He has played well the past couple of games. Get him as a second striker behind someone mobile like Sturridge, Origi, or Ings, and I think we'll see him flourish.

Agree.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #588: Jan 18, 2016 10:57:51 pm
      As I said the other day, if he didn't have to do the job of 5 people then he would be a bigger threat. The incompetent ones (I was going to say worse) around him can't do their own jobs properly though.

Firmino has been one of the incompetent ones on many occasions for us, it's rewriting history to say otherwise. He's clearly a talented player, but in games like the Newcastle one he didn't look remotely arsed. He was excellent against Arsenal though and against United was one of the better players on the pitch, so hopefully he continues to improve.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #589: Jan 23, 2016 03:59:14 pm
      Our only real quality signing of the Summer.

The lad is pure class.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #590: Jan 23, 2016 04:24:12 pm
      Glad to see he has settled in and is pretty much contributing every game. When we get Cou back and another fit striker (who's name is not Benteke) I think we can really see our attack flourish with that extra quality.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #591: Jan 23, 2016 04:42:27 pm
      We're starting to get a level of consistency from Firmino now and it's very exciting.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #592: Jan 23, 2016 04:57:38 pm
      Am I the only one who thinks there's a chance this lad becomes our new Suarez?

He's a similar player: not the fastest but strong and still can run, fantastic shot, great dribbler, tenacious attitude when he's on, knows how to set himself up in good positions.

If he can keep up this consistency of late, I could see him becoming such an asset.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #593: Jan 23, 2016 06:21:43 pm
      Superb afternoon. Drafted him into my Fantasy Football team last night as I felt he was hitting his stride...he did NOT let me down today! Heard and read some unfair criticism from McManaman on BT Sport and some on here for not busting a gut onto a dodgy Norwich back pass late on in the first half which I thought was very hyper sensitive and arose out of the fact that Liverpool had just dropped the clangers to be losing after leading and we were generally looking to blame everyone.

Overall a level above most today and the one shining light of consistency from start to finish. If he keeps this up I'm sure he and with a little help from Klopp, we will see a star made.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 970 
      Reply #594: Jan 23, 2016 07:05:02 pm
      Another boss performance!!  Did he get a little touch on the ball that he left for Hendo's goal?  It looked to me like he got a slight touch, which would make it 2 goals and an assist on the day!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #595: Jan 23, 2016 07:10:38 pm
      Another boss performance!!  Did he get a little touch on the ball that he left for Hendo's goal?  It looked to me like he got a slight touch, which would make it 2 goals and an assist on the day!!

Transfer Markt and Soccerway gave it to him but Prem fantasy hasn't. Not sure what other sites state who got the assists.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #596: Jan 23, 2016 07:13:18 pm
      Not only did he get a slight touch but he 100% meant it IMHO.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #597: Jan 23, 2016 07:35:08 pm
      Am I the only one who thinks there's a chance this lad becomes our new Suarez?

He's a similar player: not the fastest but strong and still can run, fantastic shot, great dribbler, tenacious attitude when he's on, knows how to set himself up in good positions.

If he can keep up this consistency of late, I could see him becoming such an asset.
      I don't think it's fair to try and compare anyone to Suarez.

Quick Reply