Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Brendan Rodgers. No excuses this time?

Read 39794 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers. No excuses this time?
      Reply #253: Sep 09, 2015 01:41:26 pm
      Is it worth having another Poll not to see if we think he should go but to ask do we think he will go because my answer would be no he will still be here in May 2016

I think if the direction we're heading continues (in terms of performances) then FSG will have no option but to change. Fan unrest will hit too high a note and that will cause problems off the pitch which they are clearly more concerned with. Brendan may be 'their man' but they'll have no problem whatsoever in sacrificing him to carry on the illusion.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #254: Sep 09, 2015 01:56:41 pm
      Is it worth having another Poll not to see if we think he should go but to ask do we think he will go because my answer would be no he will still be here in May 2016

It's a results business mate.

Can't see FSG standing for another season without CL qualification after the money spent on players.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #255: Sep 09, 2015 01:59:57 pm
      But he still has to click on on his "mention" does he not - even though he can see my name?

In which case he is not ignoring me.

Is that correct?

No, as he wasn't replying to you, he was informing someone else he couldn't see your posts. 
      « Last Edit: Sep 09, 2015 02:13:24 pm by Roddenberry »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #256: Sep 09, 2015 02:04:43 pm
      I think if the direction we're heading continues (in terms of performances) then FSG will have no option but to change. Fan unrest will hit too high a note and that will cause problems off the pitch which they are clearly more concerned with. Brendan may be 'their man' but they'll have no problem whatsoever in sacrificing him to carry on the illusion.

I agree Luke.

They might not be too bothered what us supporters think most of the time but I don't think they'll persist with him if we continue along a path we all seem to think we might be reading under Brendan.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #257: Sep 09, 2015 02:13:54 pm
      I am going to be honest I'd rather a manager with European recognition who will actually attempt to get proven players not crap.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6422 
      Reply #258: Sep 09, 2015 02:19:13 pm
      I am going to be honest I'd rather a manager with European recognition who will actually attempt to get proven players not crap.

If Benteke and Firmino (full internationals) aren't proven, then who do you suggest?
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #259: Sep 09, 2015 02:21:26 pm
      If Benteke and Firmino (full internationals) aren't proven, then who do you suggest?

I'm talking in general.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6422 
      Reply #260: Sep 09, 2015 02:22:38 pm

How can you chide someone "in general"? If you are going to take Brendan to task wouldn't it be best to be specific so the merits of your position can be adequately discussed?
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #261: Sep 09, 2015 02:28:55 pm
      How can you chide someone "in general"? If you are going to take Brendan to task wouldn't it be best to be specific so the merits of your position can be adequately discussed?

Im talking about the amount of money he has spent on crap, put all that money together and we could of got 2 world class player instead of 4 promising players. If you understand where I am coming from. Also is Brendan attractive to other players instead of Klopp, Mourinho, Benitez, Ancelotti etc ??? Not saying for a minute we have a chance of having them for the job, but my original comment was that I would prefer a more respected name in European football to attract the bigger players. The only thing is going for us at the moment is our name 'Liverpool Football Club'.
      Do you get me?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #262: Sep 09, 2015 03:03:23 pm
      Im talking about the amount of money he has spent on crap, put all that money together and we could of got 2 world class player instead of 4 promising players. If you understand where I am coming from. Also is Brendan attractive to other players instead of Klopp, Mourinho, Benitez, Ancelotti etc ??? Not saying for a minute we have a chance of having them for the job, but my original comment was that I would prefer a more respected name in European football to attract the bigger players. The only thing is going for us at the moment is our name 'Liverpool Football Club'.
      Do you get me?

I think Brendan is only one of the problems we have attracting the best players unfortunately.

We don't win much, we don't pay excessive wages, or seem willing to pay the price for established stars who's sell on value may be limited , we are seen more and more as club with plenty of history but an uncertain future and a club whose best players seem almost eager to leave.

Probably applies to attracting the best managers too

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #263: Sep 09, 2015 03:11:49 pm
      I think Brendan is only one of the problems we have attracting the best players unfortunately.

We don't win much, we don't pay excessive wages, or seem willing to pay the price for established stars who's sell on value may be limited , we are seen more and more as club with plenty of history but an uncertain future and a club whose best players seem almost eager to leave.

Absolutely. We also haven't won the league in 25 years, so any footballer 25 and younger (e.g., the main core of players we'd be targeting) haven't seen Liverpool win the league in his lifetime. That's ridiculous for a so-called "big club."
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #264: Sep 09, 2015 03:29:41 pm

I get your point and completely agree.
      I think we win 60 percent of the time from start of last season til now, which would increase if we got better players.
      We got a great stadium with the best atmosphere, best fans in the world, worldwide fanbase and of course our history. We are a massive club.

Do you think that would be enough as a foundation to build on? You'd think so, wouldn't you?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #265: Sep 09, 2015 03:48:15 pm
      Absolutely. We also haven't won the league in 25 years, so any footballer 25 and younger (e.g., the main core of players we'd be targeting) haven't seen Liverpool win the league in his lifetime. That's ridiculous for a so-called "big club."

Cl finals 2005/2007 still not to far back in history but they are looking like our only real top flight achievements . I dont see this group ofplayers getting anywhere near the 2005/2007 bunch.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #266: Sep 09, 2015 04:19:41 pm
      I no longer like what he has to say or his way of explaining things to us via the media (I stopped listening to his pressers and interviews last season at some point), His huge dossier of how he would shape a tactically astute team or his own tactical nous in such matters has come to mean nothing, because, what is our style of football and how have these tactics worked in the really big games?
      What the hell is going on with the vast amount of signings that never get the chance? The players that have come and went or are loaned out and on their way is crazy.
      FSG, TC at fault too? Yes maybe but come on.

When it come to the actual big pressure choices and selections I just don't think he can climb over that hurdle. i.e in cups, winning a cup I just think he'll over complicate things and come up with some wacky way for us to play, if we are in the CL next season with him, how far will we go? I don't think we'll go far at all.

I don't think he's as clever as he thinks he is

100% agree with these points
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #267: Sep 09, 2015 05:45:25 pm
      Quote from stuey on Today at 09:57:29

Any criticism of our errant owners?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #268: Sep 09, 2015 06:07:55 pm
      Any criticism of our errant owners?

Yep, loads.
      To keep it short though, they are aiming for the ceiling not the sky, as our former manager would have put it, i think it sums that situation up too.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #269: Sep 09, 2015 06:28:40 pm
      It's a results business mate.

Can't see FSG standing for another season without CL qualification after the money spent on players.

the only result FSG look at is the value of their investment as long as that is intact they couldn't care if we ever win another f***in game
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #270: Sep 09, 2015 06:46:33 pm
      the only result FSG look at is the value of their investment as long as that is intact they couldn't care if we ever win another f***in game

Walton I'm not so sure they don't care to the point where we're not winning at all,
      Although I do see where your coming from,

FSG are a step up from the last leeches from across the pond they certainly didn't give a F**k whether we won or not, their treatment of Rafa for instance was nothing short of a f***in disgrace not to mention total betrayal,

I doubt fsg will ever stoop as low as Herpes & Gonorrhoea did.

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #271: Sep 09, 2015 07:30:19 pm
      Walton I'm not so sure they don't care to the point where we're not winning at all,

FSG are a step up from the last leeches from across the pond they certainly didn't give a f**k whether we won or not, their treatment of Rafa for instance was nothing short of a F**kin disgrace not to mention total betrayal,

YNWA

neither of them should have never been let anywhere near this club its been broken since 2007
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #272: Sep 09, 2015 08:11:13 pm

FSG are a step up from the last leeches from across the pond they certainly didn't give a f**k whether we won or not, their treatment of Rafa for instance was nothing short of a F**kin disgrace not to mention total betrayal,

YNWA

The first scabs bought then sold top class players.
      The 2nd scabs concentrate on selling them.
      The first lot visited more often.

We actually did better on the pitch under the previous scum.
      So all the discn of FSG vs G&H is relative.

FSG are more successful at holding onto the club. But we've seen much more asset losses under them.
      Both of em are shits. Both of them are ONLY interested in the money. Both of them think us fans are a bunch of gullible, fleecable twits.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #273: Sep 09, 2015 08:38:01 pm
      The first scabs bought then sold top class players.
      The 2nd scabs concentrate on selling them.
      The first lot visited more often.

We actually did better on the pitch under the previous scum.
      So all the discn of FSG vs G&H is relative.

FSG are more successful at holding onto the club. But we've seen much more asset losses under them.
      Both of em are shits. Both of them are ONLY interested in the money. Both of them think us fans are a bunch of gullible, fleecable twits.

As much as H&G get a bad press I think they did come with an intention to win, they just tried to do it all on borrowed money so it collapsed around them. I don't believe their intentions were to put us in the situation they left us in I believe the financial crisis and extremely poor judgement did that.

In comparison to the current investment group their intentions are being played out perfectly, they came with a plan to maximise their gain at our expense and they're loving watching the £££'s grow. They don't come because the football doesn't interest them at all, they make a token gesture at which they should be boo'd in my opinion. Linda tweeting about Anfield as if she gives the steam off her sh*te about it.

Based on intentions I'd prefer H & G, based on financial security we have perfect owners, based on anything to do with stuff we actually pay our money for our current owners are completely disconnected and disinterested. They'll milk us for every penny they can and then never mention another word about Liverpool. Fan ownership with clubs retaining individual rights to screen their football rather than selling it off and a drip down feed of that money to grass roots level football is the 'vision' I'd love for our game. Right now it feels too much like we're all lining up to pay our money into a hedge fund without any percentage in return, talk about being sold a bad deal.

littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #274: Sep 09, 2015 09:32:47 pm
      I think most made up their minds last May mate.

After which two sides devolped.

One who were unwilling to give him any time and are waiting on his sacking.

The other who once the decision was made were prepared to see if he could prove us wrong and see how we went in the run up to Xmas.

I'm not sure there are many left who, hand on heart, could say they have 100% confidence in Brendan leading us to any sort of success.

Your right mate. I , personally , don't know any fans who have faith in Rodgers. It's more of an accepted despair , that contains a a faint hope of acceptance .
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #275: Sep 09, 2015 09:45:00 pm

YNWA

I think they really dont care about football hence the reason they have been to only a few matches. I think their lack of attendance says everything you need to know about them and the future of their investment. I just wish they would take their profit and F**k off .The next time I see Parry or moores I must thank them for stuffing one of the worlds great football clubs and turning it into an investment oppotunity.

Quick Reply