Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Lucas Digne (PSG)

Read 21104 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,579 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Lucas Digne (PSG)
      Reply #69: Jul 28, 2015 04:01:35 pm
      Might as well be one though, Enrique has decided to form a career in social media by the looks of things.

Not sure what is going on with his fitness though, Im still hopeful thats all it is. But BR might have decided otherwise, which is his call at end of the day.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #70: Jul 28, 2015 04:02:56 pm
      The last paragraph in that Guardian article

Seems strange that the Guardian is the only source - out of all that have posted about us and Digne - saying we're not interested in him. Not saying they're wrong though.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,313 posts | 4950 
      Reply #71: Jul 28, 2015 04:10:45 pm
      Might as well be one though, Enrique has decided to form a career in social media by the looks of things.

I see this line get trotted out a lot mate but if he isn't getting selected by the manager what else is he supposed to do?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #72: Jul 28, 2015 04:16:28 pm
      this lad any good not seen or heard of him at all as i dont follow french footy that much just watch them in CL games. it can only push Moreno on and make  him step up now he's had a year to bed in
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,709 posts | 895 
      Reply #73: Jul 28, 2015 04:19:22 pm
      I'd rather have money to spend in Jan, then buy digne now. Moreno could get his act together, he was good at Sevilla. So it's just his form atm that's the problem.

Enrique, or gomez could cover if Moreno really fucks it up. You could call it excuses for Moreno, but I feel a player from another league should get a little bit more then one season to prove himself.

Anybody remember how much Lucas struggled in his first seasons, and then with time he became a beast before getting injured in that city match.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #74: Jul 28, 2015 04:21:26 pm
      I'd rather have money to spend in Jan, then buy digne now. Moreno could get his act together, he was good at Sevilla. So it's just his form atm that's the problem.

Enrique, or gomez could cover if Moreno really fucks it up. You could call it excuses for Moreno, but I feel a player from another league should get a little bit more then one season to prove himself.

Anybody remember how much Lucas struggled in his first seasons, and then with time he became a beast before getting injured in that city match.
      agree mate i think Gomez is enough to cover there for now and our issue is we dont let players turn it around. Moreno is young enough to learn if he's willing to so give him the time to learn with sakho next to him he could become a top player and even learn from clyne.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #75: Jul 28, 2015 04:22:06 pm
      Moreno & Enrique still at club no ?

Yeah. The latter TOTALLY omitted from the touring squad and the former, after a torrid first season, playing just 1 game.

First-team material, really!

Agree to that! Hope Gomez does a 13-14 Flanagan!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,403 posts | 6408 
      Reply #76: Jul 28, 2015 04:22:12 pm
      agree mate i think Gomez is enough to cover there for now and our issue is we dont let players turn it around. Moreno is young enough to learn if he's willing to so give him the time to learn with sakho next to him he could become a top player and even learn from clyne.

If you don't know if he's any good (you admitted as such a couple posts up) then why would you say you'd rather save the money? What if he's really good?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #77: Jul 28, 2015 04:33:23 pm
      I see this line get trotted out a lot mate but if he isn't getting selected by the manager what else is he supposed to do?

He could tell the manager he wants to leave to play football. He seems perfectly happy picking up a pay check for doing nothing though.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,313 posts | 4950 
      Reply #78: Jul 28, 2015 04:40:34 pm
      He could tell the manager he wants to leave to play football. He seems perfectly happy picking up a pay check for doing nothing though.

Maybe he already had asked to leave?

Nobody really knows mate.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #79: Jul 28, 2015 05:47:25 pm
      You can throw as many stats as you want.
      I know because you know what you saw: right?

He was obviously, by definition, more consistent than Sakho (who actually didn't play a lot); obviously more consistent than Can (remember his end to the season?); although he was playing out of position and that's probably why his performance suffered and he was clearly more productive than our playmaker Coutinho.

"Stats" aren't opinion; they're fact and the truth is: if they even came close to supporting your opinion, you'd use 'em.  :laugh:

Anyhows... Digne better than what we have: what d'ya reckon and why?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,403 posts | 6408 
      Reply #80: Jul 28, 2015 05:48:53 pm
      I know because you know what you saw: right?

He was obviously, by definition, more consistent than Sakho (who actually didn't play a lot); obviously more consistent than Can (remember his end to the season?); although he was playing out of position and that's probably why his performance suffered and he was clearly more productive than our playmaker Coutinho.

"Stats" aren't opinion; they're fact and the truth is: if they even came close to supporting your opinion, you'd use 'em.  :laugh:

Anyhows... Digne better than what we have: what d'ya reckon and why?

The consensus seems to be he's "no worse". I'm not sure that's the yardstick we should be measuring our potential transfers with.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #81: Jul 28, 2015 05:53:16 pm
      The consensus seems to be he's "no worse". I'm not sure that's the yardstick we should be measuring our potential transfers with.

Me neither FL but then again... If we were to only go by what we've seen with our own eyes - very, very, few (if any) could offer an honest opinion on the lad.  ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,403 posts | 6408 
      Reply #82: Jul 28, 2015 06:04:02 pm
      Me neither FL but then again... If we were to only go by what we've seen with our own eyes - very, very, few (if any) could offer an honest opinion on the lad.  ;)

Indeed, myself, all I've seen on him is one pre-season game and I couldn't really tell you even from that if he's any good or not. I've read that we actually aren't going to pursue any interest in him (Guardian) so I wonder if this wasn't one brought forward by the "committee" and then veto'd by Brendan (or the other way round possibly).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,313 posts | 4950 
      Reply #83: Jul 28, 2015 06:17:58 pm

I'm not sure I'd even heard of him before this link never mind seen him kick a football. ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #84: Jul 28, 2015 06:34:46 pm
      I'm not sure I'd even heard of him before this link never mind seen him kick a football. ;D

I'd heard of him but I don't think I've ever seen him play, or at least I was probably watching Sakho and Matuidi when France were playing.  Now there's a player I'd love us to get, been wanting him here for 3 or 4 years now but maybe that's not possible now  :(
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #85: Jul 29, 2015 12:44:02 pm
      like someone said below we dont need him wait out till jan see how Moreno does and if he's not improved on last season then we look to get in a better option. problem is established defenders dont come cheap unless there out of contract so we need to coach our young defenders better to make them become top players. i think buying in all the time does more harm than good. we've got Moranoe and we can use Gomez if we need to and some of the U21's
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #86: Jul 30, 2015 11:51:17 am
      Liverpool move for Lucas Digne would be final piece of Rodgers' puzzle

http://www.espnfc.us/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/2540684/liverpool-move-for-lucas-digne-final-piece-of-rodgers-puzzle

Good points in the article, especially on the need for a world-class DM and what are our immediate priorities for the subsequent windows.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #87: Jul 30, 2015 12:21:55 pm
      Liverpool move for Lucas Digne would be final piece of Rodgers' puzzle

http://www.espnfc.us/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/2540684/liverpool-move-for-lucas-digne-final-piece-of-rodgers-puzzle

Good points in the article, especially on the need for a world-class DM and what are our immediate priorities for the subsequent windows.

It was a decent article n' all that but the section about holding midfielder was short and Digne is a left back I gather, espn won't plan the transfer windows for our club, but espn so have some well thought out articles.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #88: Jul 30, 2015 12:47:36 pm
      Well this is interesting..

Gerard Romero ‎@gerardromero 
      El Liverpool ha arribat aquest matí a Barcelona per demanar la cessió d'Adama Traoré al conjunt anglès #frac1 #mercato

translates to "Liverpool has arrived in Barcelona this morning to request the transfer of Adama Traore"

No clue on the source credibility AND the player  ;D

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #89: Jul 30, 2015 12:48:48 pm
      Well this is interesting..

Gerard Romero ‎@gerardromero 
      El Liverpool ha arribat aquest matí a Barcelona per demanar la cessió d'Adama Traoré al conjunt anglès #frac1 #mercato

translates to "Liverpool has arrived in Barcelona this morning to request the transfer of Adama Traore"

No clue on the source credibility AND the player  ;D

Wrong thread mate :D
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #90: Jul 30, 2015 12:50:16 pm

My bad.. unsure how to move to the Rumors thread
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355