Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 205734 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #989: Dec 28, 2021 10:29:08 pm
      I'd love playing with him if I was a front 3 player. I'd hate playing with him if I was his back line. The amount of sh*t he puts us through over the years is pretty unfair in all honesty
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,397 posts | 2823 
      Reply #990: Dec 28, 2021 10:34:26 pm
      I can deal with a winger running him ragged on occasion because that's the trade off you make to have the best attacking full back in the world but the attitude tonight was absolutely f**king awful. Jogging back countless times, hopeful 1 in a 100 type passes on a regular basis etc. Just shocking.

Lad needs some stern words his way before the Chelsea game.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #991: Jan 20, 2022 09:51:13 pm
      Going to go down as one of our all time greats.

Forget about any slight positional short comings at RB as he is a truly World class talent.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,198 posts | 1641 
      Reply #992: Jan 20, 2022 09:54:13 pm

Forget about any slight positional short comings at RB as he is a truly World class talent.

He’s only 22 I think right? And has already got 5 years under his belt, its scary to think what his potential is.

Only thing that stops him achieving everything in the game is himself. That right boot is just something else
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #993: Jan 20, 2022 09:55:48 pm

people expect him to be hitting the bye line and set up a chance then run a hundred yards back and make a game saving tackle 14 assists in 24 games carry on Trent your just the best.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #994: Jan 20, 2022 09:57:13 pm
      people expect him to be hitting the bye line and set up a chance then run a hundred yards back and make a game saving tackle 14 assists in 24 games carry on Trent your just the best.

Revolutionised the way a full back can play.

I remember Pep getting loads of praise for how he played his full backs but none of them played it like Trent has.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #995: Jan 20, 2022 09:57:31 pm
      other than Southgate who is just the FA's corporate mouthpiece every ex pro just drool over Trent.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #996: Jan 20, 2022 09:58:04 pm
      other than Southgate who is just the FA's corporate mouthpiece every ex pro just drool over Trent.

Clueless people make clueless decisions Walt.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,041 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #997: Jan 20, 2022 10:03:01 pm

He is world class but tonite mate Martinelli had the measure of him. If tonite wasn’t a one of performance he’s got the capabilities of joining Trent as world class.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #998: Jan 20, 2022 10:05:15 pm
      He is world class but tonite mate Martinelli had the measure of him. If tonite wasn’t a one of performance he’s got the capabilities of joining Trent as world class.

Martinelli had such the measure of him Arsenal scored how many Keith??
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #999: Jan 20, 2022 10:12:48 pm

seriously how many chances did he create ? lots of tricks and huge potential but Trent did what he does best creates chances like tonight
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,041 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1000: Jan 20, 2022 10:32:57 pm
      Martinelli had such the measure of him Arsenal scored how many Keith??

As you know Si I wasn’t referring to his scoring but his potential. I think any team based on tonite performance everyone would love. Early days but we will say. Watch this space.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,041 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1001: Jan 20, 2022 10:34:08 pm
      seriously how many chances did he create ? lots of tricks and huge potential but Trent did what he does best creates chances like tonight

Correct, lots of tricks, lots of potential, that’s all I’m saying.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1002: Jan 20, 2022 10:35:33 pm
      As you know Si I wasn’t referring to his scoring but his potential. I think any team based on tonite performance everyone would love. Early days but we will say. Watch this space.  ;D

And this is the Trent thread so I'll kindly ignore you promoting an average Arsenal forward on an LFC message board. ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,041 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1003: Jan 21, 2022 09:08:33 am
      [quote author =srslfc link=topic=47991.msg2443464#msg2443464 date=1642718133]
      And this is the Trent thread so I'll kindly ignore you promoting an average Arsenal forward on an LFC message board. ;)
      [/quote]

;D ok I’ll start a thread up on him then.  :f_whistle:  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #1004: Jan 22, 2022 12:46:53 pm
      He is world class but tonite mate Martinelli had the measure of him.

For about 20 mins until we took control of the game, Martinelli disappeared and Trent started having a bigger influence.

So wouldn't exactly say Martinelli had the measure of him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #1005: Jan 22, 2022 12:48:44 pm
      Correct, lots of tricks, lots of potential, that’s all I’m saying.

And did F**k all after we scored the first. That Smith-Rowe is a better player. Everything Arsenal did well went through him. No surprise Arsenal literally went to sh*t when they took him off.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,041 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1006: Jan 22, 2022 12:55:39 pm
      For about 20 mins until we took control of the game, Martinelli disappeared and Trent started having a bigger influence.

So wouldn't exactly say Martinelli had the measure of him.

To be fair Trent betting at going forward than defending in my opinion so maybe I’ve over blown Martinelli performance.  ;D  However, I’d want the lad in my squad as he goes in the bracket could be anything. Thing is Pete he’s exciting to watch don’t you think??  What would you lot! be saying if he was in your squad for one so young? I know you don’t wear tints as a rule so let’s be having it laa
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #1007: Jan 22, 2022 01:00:36 pm
      To be fair Trent betting at going forward than defending in my opinion so maybe I’ve over blown Martinelli performance.  ;D  However, I’d want the lad in my squad as he goes in the bracket could be anything. Thing is Pete he’s exciting to watch don’t you think??  What would you lot! be saying if he was in your squad for one so young? I know you don’t wear tints as a rule so let’s be having it laa

Check my message after, I like that Smith-Rowe. I think he'll be an excellent player.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,041 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1008: Jan 22, 2022 01:05:54 pm
      Check my message after, I like that Smith-Rowe. I think he'll be an excellent player.

I’ll take the excellent player as your answer as that a fitting comment for the lad. I’ll be going out of my way to watch this lad play when I can.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1009: Jan 22, 2022 02:20:08 pm
      Trent cant defend when he is attacking the opposition bye line he isnt a full back if he didnt go over the halfway line he would be in a position to defend the nonsense that he cant defend is just rubbish.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,041 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1010: Jan 22, 2022 02:40:27 pm
      Trent cant defend when he is attacking the opposition bye line he isnt a full back if he didnt go over the halfway line he would be in a position to defend the nonsense that he cant defend is just rubbish.

Not sure if this was meant for me Walt? If it was, not saying he can’t defend just better at going forward. It wasn’t really a criticism of Trent.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,033 posts | 534 
      Reply #1011: Jan 22, 2022 04:09:00 pm
      I think Trent's defending can be suspect at times, but I thought he defended well against Arsenal. Martinelli is very tricky when in the mood and so it was a tough task for Trent, but he stuck to it and did very little wrong defensively (while obviously being awesome going forward). Thought that match was maybe Trent's best of the season to be honest - gave us loads of creativity while still being diligent on the defensive side of things. Exactly what we want from him.

Quick Reply