Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 207117 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4938 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1840: Apr 26, 2024 08:47:02 pm
      Are we heading in the direction here of if a big offer come in you would all gladly sell?

Im top of the list for not wanting to ever see him at full back again, but I think his ability would be a massive loss if he wasnt there

For me it's all about Trent Bri.

If he can knuckle down and be coached back into the attacking full back from a few seasons back then he's one of the best RB in Europe.

In a system with two DM/double pivot I think there is room for him to thrive there.

Many though think he doesn't want to be a defender anymore, who knows if this is true or not, but jf it is then he's not a 6 or a DM either in a million years. His best role is right side midfield in a three. But again will the new manager play this way?

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,604 posts | 748 
      Reply #1841: Apr 26, 2024 09:15:36 pm
      Are we heading in the direction here of if a big offer come in you would all gladly sell?

No, this sh*t aint Football Manager.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,037 posts | 537 
      Reply #1842: Apr 26, 2024 09:23:32 pm

Im top of the list for not wanting to ever see him at full back again, but I think his ability would be a massive loss if he wasnt there

No, I wouldn't sell him, unless he turns down a contract extension (or asks for ridiculous wages). I'm for giving him a new contract. And then the next manager tearing him a new one if he pulls sh*t like this again. I love Jürgen to bits and he has got almost everything right as a manager, but he has let Trent get away with too much. He's potentially the best RB in the world, so keep him, but he needs a serious  boot up the arse.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1843: Apr 26, 2024 09:49:34 pm
      For me it's all about Trent Bri.

If he can knuckle down and be coached back into the attacking full back from a few seasons back then he's one of the best RB in Europe.

In a system with two DM/double pivot I think there is room for him to thrive there.

Many though think he doesn't want to be a defender anymore, who knows if this is true or not, but jf it is then he's not a 6 or a DM either in a million years. His best role is right side midfield in a three. But again will the new manager play this way?

Would agree that he can’t play as a cdm/6 so if we’re no longer playing 433/343 hybrid then Trent will have to play a different role.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1844: Apr 26, 2024 10:07:17 pm
      Would agree that he can’t play as a cdm/6 so if we’re no longer playing 433/343 hybrid then Trent will have to play a different role.

Yep.

If I'm Arne Slot I'm sitting him down and going through all the best attacking RB there has been and getting him to buy into him being as good as one of them.

My opinion is he can be in the right system with the right coaching. He's not as horrendous a defender as some think he is and in a 4 2 3 1 with good DM cover he could thrive again.

But again it's where the players head is at as well. If he really doesn't want to be a defender anymore, as many people think, then there is a more difficult conversation to be had.

Can he be the right sided attacking player in the 3?

He's not a 10 for me either and MacAllister is that guy all day long.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1845: Apr 26, 2024 10:22:32 pm
      If hes a rb is first job is to be defensively sound, hes not, therefore he cant continue as a rb. Teams know to target him, it gives up goals,and, as we know, that can be costly
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #1846: Apr 26, 2024 11:19:30 pm
      If hes a rb is first job is to be defensively sound, hes not, therefore he cant continue as a rb. Teams know to target him, it gives up goals,and, as we know, that can be costly

I’d like to see stats on how many goals he really gives up. I have a feeling it’s not as many as people like to blame him for.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,375 posts | 783 
      Reply #1847: Apr 26, 2024 11:22:27 pm
      Yep.

If I'm Arne Slot I'm sitting him down and going through all the best attacking RB there has been and getting him to buy into him being as good as one of them.

My opinion is he can be in the right system with the right coaching. He's not as horrendous a defender as some think he is and in a 4 2 3 1 with good DM cover he could thrive again.

But again it's where the players head is at as well. If he really doesn't want to be a defender anymore, as many people think, then there is a more difficult conversation to be had.

Can he be the right sided attacking player in the 3?

He's not a 10 for me either and MacAllister is that guy all day long.
      He's got a sharp football brain* and excellent technique, all the attributes to open defences.  I would have no problem seeing him in the 8 or 10 role. Bradley already a proven right back, who could hold that spot for the next 10 years. It will be interesting how it plays out with the new Gaffer.
      *Caveat would be he can too easily lose interest and just drift through games.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      Reply #1848: Apr 27, 2024 12:05:23 am
      I’d like to see stats on how many goals he really gives up. I have a feeling it’s not as many as people like to blame him for.

F**k stats we can see with our own eyes you cross a ball to the back post when hes there, hes barely jumping for it nevermind being hell bent on winning it or clearing it
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Reply #1849: Apr 28, 2024 02:42:06 pm
      In a double pivot for me. He'll, try him in the Beckham role. Just no more RB, please 🙏
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,563 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1850: Apr 29, 2024 07:33:48 pm
      Still think TAA's future is not as a FB.  Be interesting to see what happens when Slot comes in.  And whether TAA himself angles for a move into the middle.
      Also has spoken about how more of an influence Jürgen has been, so would wonder if he could have his head turned with Klopp leaving. Am sure big teams will try to unsettle him. Hopefully he stays, such a talent.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,604 posts | 748 
      Reply #1851: Apr 30, 2024 02:27:15 pm
      The more I think about him not jumping for 2 headers in the Merseyside Derby, the angrier i get. He's clearly a talented player, but he struts around like he's Cantona playing at right back.

Where's the fight?

I hate bashing players but got damn.

:mad:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      Reply #1852: Apr 30, 2024 02:31:09 pm
      Id be willing to wager that

We will not win the league next year if hes the regular RB

If any coàch let alone ordinary fan cant see the issues we have with him there we are going to be in the same predicament for a while to come
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,507 posts | 222 
      Reply #1853: Apr 30, 2024 04:43:01 pm

If any coàch let alone ordinary fan cant see the issues we have with him there we are going to be in the same predicament for a while to come

Let’s see what he’s like in a more disciplined tactical set up

Worth a try, we improved evidently since he came back as he was the only one creating whilst the rest were passing to the goal keeper
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,037 posts | 537 
      Reply #1854: Apr 30, 2024 11:18:31 pm
      Let’s see what he’s like in a more disciplined tactical set up

Worth a try, we improved evidently since he came back as he was the only one creating whilst the rest were passing to the goal keeper

He improved us away against Atalanta, cos his long passing could bypass their press. Overall I thought Bradley was better than him when he played this season.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,375 posts | 783 
      Reply #1855: Apr 30, 2024 11:35:06 pm

No One player will influence whether we win the league or not...the clue as always is in the name: Team
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      Reply #1856: May 01, 2024 09:31:13 am
      No One player will influence whether we win the league or not...the clue as always is in the name: Team

Arguable

Take the chances Nunez misses, he scores how many extra points we up?

Put Bradley or Joe in right full in games where Trent has played how many fewer goals might we conceded therefore how many more points would we be up, and go as far as if Trent had the freedom of midfield how many more chances would have been created in games which again might lead to more points on the board

All ifs and buts and maybes but point can be argued as easily as saying no 1 man costs you things
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,375 posts | 783 
      Reply #1857: May 01, 2024 10:23:57 am
      Arguable

Put Bradley or Joe in right full in games where Trent has played how many fewer goals might we conceded therefore how many more points would we be up, and go as far as if Trent had the freedom of midfield how many more chances would have been created in games which again might lead to more points on the board

All ifs and buts and maybes but point can be argued as easily as saying no 1 man costs you things
      Over a 38 game season it is impossible for one single player to make a difference to the final league position. All Nunez's costly misses can be offset by all of Alisson or Kelleher's saves....it averages (not equally) out to give you a final place. Even if you had a player who scored 10 own goals a season (which has never happened) that wouldn't decide whether the team won the league or not......There are just too many other factors.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,303 posts | 1667 
      Reply #1858: May 01, 2024 11:06:15 am
      Arguable

Take aways his goals against Newcastle and Forest that's 5 pounts he won you cannot blame.on person what about Salahs missed chances, Gravenberch v Brighton , Trents v Arsenal the list goes on
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts | 182 
      Reply #1859: May 01, 2024 11:47:07 am
      Take aways his goals against Newcastle and Forest that's 5 pounts he won you cannot blame.on person what about Salahs missed chances, Gravenberch v Brighton , Trents v Arsenal the list goes on

Shaw handball - 2 points
      Odegaard handball - 2 points
      Doku on Mac - 2 points
      Diaz v Spurs + 2 red cards - At least a point.

Not just all the players faults either. In the pivotal games where we've dropped points, all the big decisions gone against us. If you really go back and analyse the big misses of Nunez, how many were in games we went onto win anyway? He comes off v Palace and we have 4 big chances to get a point. Jones twice, Mo and Jota. All of them failed.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      Reply #1860: May 01, 2024 11:48:55 am

Yes proving that individual fcuk ups cost points in games when the team are actually on top/playing well

My initial point is Trent at right back will cost us enough points in a season to prevent a title. If you agree or dont agree thats fine but I think tjhs group goes close with a right back who when a cross comes in top of him he doesnt sh*t his pants and concede sh*te soft goals against the run of play, while I also firmly believe we will create lots more chances with him as an out and out midfielder
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts | 182 
      Reply #1861: May 01, 2024 11:50:51 am
      As far as Trent goes, either he plays in midfield or not at all.

His days going back to RB/playing inverted are hopefully done.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,303 posts | 1667 
      Reply #1862: May 01, 2024 03:59:49 pm
      Yes proving that individual fcuk ups cost points in games when the team are actually on top/playing well

My initial point is Trent at right back will cost us enough points in a season to prevent a title. If you agree or dont agree thats fine but I think tjhs group goes close with a right back who when a cross comes in top of him he doesnt sh*t his pants and concede sh*te soft goals against the run of play, while I also firmly believe we will create lots more chances with him as an out and out midfielder

I was referring to Nunez not Trent . Fully agree that Trent should be further up his positioning and ball watching skills will never make us solid and could argue that since Gomez left out the problems started both on his side and Robbos but then you lose a lot of creativity when he is not in . Big decison for new manager as klopp.has sewn the seen cannot see Trent being happy going back to FB role solely

Quick Reply