Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will the Redmen win their first home game of the season?

Yes - easy 3 points
      71 (92.2%)
      Draw - points dropped
      3 (3.9%)
      Lose - surely not !
      3 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Pre Match: Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth Mon 17th August 20:00 KO

Read 24417 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Re: Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth Mon 17th August 20:00 KO
      Reply #46: Aug 13, 2015 07:25:53 pm
      The ball is sending my eyes funny after looking at the rest of the cover :D

That new Nike ball is sweet.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #47: Aug 13, 2015 10:09:17 pm
      Hard to predict these early season games.
      Wasn't expecting Bournemouth to get beat at home on day1 by Villa, but they had chances to get a result.
      You'd hope the occasion might be a bit much for them, and that if we get early goal could get some more.
      And that it's a good opportunity for Benteke against a defense inexperienced in the PL.
      Still, bit concerned that we depend so much on Cou to do something special. Maybe Firmino will get longer run.
      Would be great to get 3 more pts before heading to the arse.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #48: Aug 13, 2015 10:19:19 pm
      Maybe Firmino will get longer run.

I'd still expect him to be getting 20-30mins for a few games, it's been well reported that he's a few weeks behind the rest of the lads in terms of fitness. I'd love to see him starting too but there's no point risking injury, especially in a game we should be able to win without a full strength team.

It's not a 'must win' but it is one I expect us to win. To have confidence I'd want to see us playing the 4-3-3 or  4-3-2-1 that we finished against Stoke, if we open up with that 4-2-3-1 then I really will have to question Brendan's thinking. Thankfully though I fully expect a 4-3-3 or similar variation.

With the run of games we have coming up after this anything but 3 points could be quite painful so let's get these in the bag and give ourselves a little breathing room, because even the most optimistic of us can't see us getting 3 points in all these away games coming up (unless you're a little biased or DeLuSional of course :D ).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #49: Aug 13, 2015 10:23:02 pm

Reminds me of a beach ball. I don't like beach balls. Beach balls make us lose to Sunderland.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #50: Aug 13, 2015 10:28:56 pm

With the run of games we have coming up after this anything but 3 points could be quite painful so let's get these in the bag and give ourselves a little breathing room, because even the most optimistic of us can't see us getting 3 points in all these away games coming up (unless you're a little biased or DeLuSional of course :D ).

Yea, not picking up all 3 would be disappointing, at home, to promoted team.
      Hate having to wait until the last game ...
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #51: Aug 13, 2015 10:29:15 pm

Reminds me of a beach ball. I don't like beach balls. Beach balls make us lose to Sunderland.

RIGHT!   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :mad:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #52: Aug 13, 2015 10:41:12 pm
      First trip up to Anfield this season for this game....all I want is a win, don't care how we do it just win  :laugh: Set us up nicely for the Arsenal game, newly promoted sides can be a bit tricky, and I think they'll be a force at home but away they should be there for the taking, can't wait to be back in the Kop  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #53: Aug 13, 2015 10:48:21 pm
      First trip up to Anfield this season for this game....all I want is a win, don't care how we do it just win

Another 37 scrappy 1-0 wins will do nicely.

Have a boss time Cas!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #54: Aug 13, 2015 11:17:47 pm
      Hope Benteke can take advantage of these and notch one or two. Needs to get up and running as soon as poss or the nerves may set in.
      What was Crouchies run, 16 game before he scored or something wasn't it.
      Good opportunity for big ben this. They may have a go at a few sides, and we can't underestimate them, but as someone said earlier, I hope the occasion and atmosphere is all too much for them to perform to their best.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #55: Aug 13, 2015 11:40:03 pm
      We should win this comfortably, IF we can play like we did in the second half against Stoke. If we play like we did in the first half then it could be an agonising match. I'm going with 3-0 to us as I expect the occasion will get to them a bit.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #56: Aug 13, 2015 11:45:32 pm
      3 points.
      Don't care if we play dull footy. Just want 3 points AND our defense to not sh*t themselves and play with some calmness, efficiency and focus.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #57: Aug 14, 2015 12:04:13 am
      Confident we'll get 3 easy points on this one.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #58: Aug 14, 2015 02:43:57 am
      Unchanged from the team that finished against Stoke. Sakho in for Lovren if possible though.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #59: Aug 14, 2015 02:52:02 am
      Unchanged from the team that finished against Stoke. Sakho in for Lovren if possible though.

:o

Nice way to destroy his confidence after a good display against Stoke! If anything, Skrtel should be dropped as he was much more shoddy - his inability to even utter one syllable nearly fu**ed up the defence against Stoke.

It was a major failing of last season - nobody speaking to each other. Apparently, this is one of the strengths of O' Driscoll - can't remember who but an ex-Wales international said communication amongst the team was one of his key emphasis on the training field. Lovren was shouting and balling all match - great to see. Skrtel looked like a wallflower in comparison - expect much more from a player of his experience.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #60: Aug 14, 2015 06:52:23 am
      Going for a 2 0 win for the Reds, in Monday night's opening home fixture against newcomers Bournemouth.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #61: Aug 14, 2015 11:04:14 am
      Paul Merson's prediction:

Liverpool v Bournemouth (Monday, 8pm, live on Sky Sports 1)

I fancy Liverpool, but it will be a nervous game. Bournemouth will get the ball down and play, and Liverpool and their fans will have to be patient.

They can't think 'we're Liverpool, and we'll wipe the floor with Bournemouth', because what Eddie Howe's side do is play great football and keep the ball. Sometimes they don't go into the final third and truly threaten with it but they'll frustrate Liverpool. If the fans get on Liverpool's side - and I think they will, because it's the first game of the season at Anfield - I think they'll win 3-1.

If this was a game in November, with the fans perhaps getting impatient, Liverpool would lose all sorts of shape and Bournemouth would pick them off.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-1 (11/1 with Sky Bet)

I'm not sure what to make of this. Basically, because it's in August and not November that makes such a huge difference? I doubt it. Whilst Bournemouth played some decent football against Villa, they couldn't finish their dinner and I expect us to create a fair few chances. Their defence couldn't deal with Gestede when he came on and I expect the same when they come up against Benteke.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #62: Aug 14, 2015 11:48:12 am
      Paul Merson's prediction:

I'm not sure what to make of this. Basically, because it's in August and not November that makes such a huge difference? I doubt it. Whilst Bournemouth played some decent football against Villa, they couldn't finish their dinner and I expect us to create a fair few chances. Their defence couldn't deal with Gestede when he came on and I expect the same when they come up against Benteke.

Paul Merson is a stupid brain melted person, don't make anything of what he says.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Liverpool v Bournemouth Mon 17th August 20:00 KO
      Reply #63: Aug 14, 2015 01:35:13 pm
      I'd actually give Lallana another chance in the second half. I'm really frustrated with him because he was one of my favourite players of the league before we bought him and he clearly has the work ethic and talent, just  needs better decision making. Would be a good game to get a 2/3-0 head start, then give likes of Ings and Origi a run out too.
      Completely agree.... He looks the biz until it is time to show the end product, think at times he tries to be too intricate in the balls he plays where "simple" would do, and  tries to go around defenders when passing around them would be a better option

Would be a good game to get a 2/3-0 head start, then give likes of Ings and Origi a run out too
      I believe this will happen as BR will want to give everyone a run out before Arsenal the following Monday
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #64: Aug 14, 2015 01:38:40 pm
      Backing Benteke to get his first hatrick against these.

Maybe a brace if he is luck
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #65: Aug 14, 2015 01:47:15 pm

Stops reading.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #66: Aug 14, 2015 01:54:26 pm
      I'm sorry but Skrtel's communication was sh*te on Sunday - par for the course for him. Lovren was streets ahead of Skrtel.

Yeah Skrtel is the new Lovren  ;)
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #67: Aug 14, 2015 02:24:03 pm
      This should be a trashing,if BR plays the full than it will 3:0 for us.
      Maybe Danny Ings should make his debut and Firmino should be a starter.
      We did not played our top football in our last game but however we play Bournemouth does not have a team that could match us in any way.
      Firmino should be a starter and i hope Benteke will score,would love to see him scoring.
      Sakho as a starter is something that most be.
      « Last Edit: Aug 14, 2015 02:43:17 pm by Pear »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #68: Aug 14, 2015 03:18:09 pm
      Completely agree.... He looks the biz until it is time to show the end product, think at times he tries to be too intricate in the balls he plays where "simple" would do, and  tries to go around defenders when passing around them would be a better option

I would completely agree. He's so skillfully and technically sound that I think he relies on that too much when a simple play will suffice.

Quick Reply